Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,736 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? (58909 Views)

How To Make Bromate Free Agege Bread From Start To Finish (Photos, Video) / Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? / Man Ordered Stale Bread From Chicken Republic. See What He Found Inside (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Jewessgratitud3: 7:17pm On Feb 17
sacajawea:
The bread no sweet...

If you eat it plain it tastes bland but with butter it makes sense small.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Jewessgratitud3: 7:20pm On Feb 17
flokii:
I ate it.. the taste is just there, no sugar, no sweetner.

Maybe the ones they are making now doesn't have sugar. Back then it used to be sweet.

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by flokii: 8:20pm On Feb 17
Jewessgratitud3:

Maybe the ones they are making now doesn't have sugar. Back then it used to be sweet.

Maybe. It tastes like the French long loaves.
Then there is Senegalese bread too.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by ipobarecriminals: 10:01pm On Feb 17
cool popular in Oshodi,ojota,mushin, ikoyi,Ajah market cool back in those good days..Mostly hawk by boys.Dem go slice am and add 🧈

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by NiceLegs: 10:01pm On Feb 17
I love Ghana people.

They are nice.

Ghana people help more than Nigerians.

Ghana people are kinder than Nigerians.

If a Ghana person wants to help you, they will help you and change your life.

I know what I am saying.

God bless all Ghanaian's.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by sukkot: 10:01pm On Feb 17
looks delicious. where can i buy this now ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by EEIA: 10:02pm On Feb 17
Jewessgratitud3:
I just remembered this Ghana bread from my childhood that was sold those days in ikoyi. It was a delight back then. we would always trouble my Dad to take us outside the gate every weekend to buy it for us because it looked different from the regular four corner bread 🍞 we were used to. It was kinda crusty and dusty but we enjoyed it anyways grin

Some Ghanaian guys were hawking it in a basin and would spread butter on it when you buy.

Who else had this bread back then.
did they use to carry it inside Ghana must go ? cool

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by nedekid: 10:02pm On Feb 17
French bread
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Maxtipulation(m): 10:04pm On Feb 17
Jewessgratitud3:

Are you Ghanaian?

Yes we had it with blue Band.

Why not with egg?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by iFESTAC680(m): 10:04pm On Feb 17
Ogiame:
Not a Ghanian, my big brother had a Ghanian girlfriend then who also visits with her younger sister... The younger sister will bring it for me and also hot dog. I will quickly throw them into the company's microwave and wait for it to get very hot and then step it down with a bottle of Limca. grin

Thank heavens for my big brother, I would have been a father in my early days grin

You rock life pass me be that. grin grin
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Raf4: 10:05pm On Feb 17
Jewessgratitud3:
I just remembered this Ghana bread from my childhood that was sold those days in ikoyi. It was a delight back then. we would always trouble my Dad to take us outside the gate every weekend to buy it for us because it looked different from the regular four corner bread 🍞 we were used to. It was kinda crusty and dusty but we enjoyed it anyways grin

Some Ghanaian guys were hawking it in a basin and would spread butter on it when you buy.

Bring out the pictures of Senegal bread if you have it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Eastlink(m): 10:06pm On Feb 17
The bread is still sold in Mile 2 down to Iyana-Iba. Ghana boys still hawk it at night.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by lendahand(m): 10:06pm On Feb 17
Jewessgratitud3:

Yeah I remember all the candies.

Gowan finger
Onyon malu
Balewa
Sisi pelebe

Gogo
Chocomilo

Snacks
Nasco Wafers
Rockies
Condensed ice cream different colors grin.
One short gala called meat rolls then.

Orisirisi...
you forgot shortbread biscuit. Nasco products still original till date, compare their cereals to tasteless kellogs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Franking: 10:07pm On Feb 17
Used to be nice with that their butter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Stronghold91: 10:07pm On Feb 17
NiceLegs:
I love Ghana people.

They are nice.

Ghana people help more than Nigerians.

Ghana people are kinder than Nigerians.

If a Ghana person wants to help you, they will help you and change your life.

I know what I am saying.

God bless all Ghanaian's.

your comments is not in line with the topic

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Af0nja: 10:07pm On Feb 17
It's actually Cote D'Ivoire bread
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Eastlink(m): 10:08pm On Feb 17
lendahand:
you forgot shortbread biscuit. Nasco products still original till date, compare their cereals to tasteless kellogs.
What of Baba Dudu, and Dankwa.
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by gassbee: 10:08pm On Feb 17
Yes dis na confirm bread, no b d scam bread wey dem dey sell nowadays

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by muyico(m): 10:09pm On Feb 17
Dokunnu nko? In evening time

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Jewessgratitud3: 10:10pm On Feb 17
lendahand:

You're right. Nasco is an old company na. You can't compare them to those ones.
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Johilo(m): 10:11pm On Feb 17
Jewessgratitud3:

Yes. It has the shape of cucumber and that was why we liked it; because of the shape and it used to be longer than this back then
you're right. i bought some during buhari's regine back then and it was longer than the present one now... I guess tinubu has affected it too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Jewessgratitud3: 10:12pm On Feb 17
sukkot:
looks delicious. where can i buy this now ?
Obalende.
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Oblongata: 10:12pm On Feb 17
Ogiame:
Not even close to 40 grin
You couldn't have eaten this bread and not 40+. How na? Were you told the story?
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by leathalbeast: 10:13pm On Feb 17
Lool, we call it Tea bread in Ghana. Its my favourite with fried egg and creamy Lipton tea but others like it with Hausa porridge with akara stucked inside.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Jewessgratitud3: 10:13pm On Feb 17
Raf4:

Bring out the pictures of Senegal bread if you have it.

I don't have them. Never eaten one before.
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Dynamicboss: 10:16pm On Feb 17
Eating this with ewa goyin and hot beverage tea in a cool morning will reset your brain to factory mode.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Nigeriakan: 10:16pm On Feb 17
I still ate it about two years ago in Saki, Oyo State

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Nicepoker(m): 10:18pm On Feb 17
EreluRoz:
Looks like cucumber.
This one is already wet grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by FashionCookie(f): 10:19pm On Feb 17
It still exists.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Tetraozonaitera: 10:19pm On Feb 17
Jewessgratitud3:

It entered Naija late 70s and reigned through early 80s.

It was called buredi Senegal or buredi elefun (powdered bread)

It is the French's bread and Francophone countries own it. They still eat it till date.

Ghana and Gambia borrowed it from them because they live inbetween Francophone countries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Chummynoni(m): 10:20pm On Feb 17
Oblongata:
You couldn't have eaten this bread and not 40+. How na? Were you told the story?
i ate the bread and i am in my early thirties, so it is possible. The bread was still rampant till early 2000.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Is It That Most Visitors Often Behave Like This? { PHOTOS } / Tips On How To Identify Plastic Rice / 3 Huge Pythons Caught In Lagos Today (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.