Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,546 members, 7,812,721 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? (58907 Views)

How To Make Bromate Free Agege Bread From Start To Finish (Photos, Video) / Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? / Man Ordered Stale Bread From Chicken Republic. See What He Found Inside (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by cafedeluv(m): 9:15am On Feb 18
Hmmm! I do o 😂
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Mcreloaded(m): 9:27am On Feb 18
kay29000:

Lol...yes o. Voltron came on at 4pm. I used to rush home from school so I don't miss it grin And my favourite episode of super ted was when one of those bad guys mistakenly got super Ted's powers.
Memory lane.

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by do4luv14(m): 9:35am On Feb 18
Ogiame:
Hope you enjoy am. grin

Enjoy weytin, I no gree chop am again sef, even my Oga laff me join,

The first one we bought was Good, then the next Day we went to a place were they baked it, and put in a show class,

Omo the bread strong gann, before I Leave Togo, I no chop am again, see ehn their food nearly make me cry andgrin
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by izibili44: 9:36am On Feb 18
I am in GHANA still eating it every night.
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Ogiame: 9:43am On Feb 18
do4luv14:

Enjoy weytin, I no gree chop am again sef, even my Oga laff me join,

The first one we bought was Good, then the next Day we went to a place were they baked it, and put in a show class,

Omo the bread strong gann, before I Leave Togo, I no chop am again, see ehn their food nearly make me cry andgrin
Hahahaha.... But them get were them dey arrange correct Jollof rice and turkey for Lomé... You for branch there. Kanchan's kitchen
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by VaginaAcademic: 10:15am On Feb 18
So this is the forefather of Madiga of today grin
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Josh64(m): 10:24am On Feb 18
Mcreloaded:
OP be careful, I know what you are trying to do here.

For those of you that have acknowledged eating this bread and its sweet taste with butter, it means you are over 45 years old and a little above 55 years old.

Na old people full this nairaland and I am sure most of the guys are not married or marriage don crash.

Lol
How time flies sha day's of voltron and super Ted cartoon

I'm 34 and I ate this thing well as an adolescent. Its found very well around badagry and environs, not so much in mainland Lagos though.

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by dnawah(m): 10:28am On Feb 18
Jewessgratitud3:
I just remembered this Ghana bread from my childhood that was sold those days in ikoyi. It was a delight back then. we would always trouble my Dad to take us outside the gate every weekend to buy it for us because it looked different from the regular four corner bread 🍞 we were used to. It was kinda crusty and dusty but we enjoyed it anyways grin

Some Ghanaian guys were hawking it in a basin and would spread butter on it when you buy.

Who else had this bread back then.
it of two types,the sugar ones and the salt ones.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by MrBONE2(m): 10:29am On Feb 18
Mcreloaded:
OP be careful, I know what you are trying to do here.

For those of you that have acknowledged eating this bread and its sweet taste with butter, it means you are over 45 years old and a little above 55 years old.

Na old people full this nairaland and I am sure most of the guys are not married or marriage don crash.

Lol
How time flies sha day's of voltron and super Ted cartoon

grin

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Love800(m): 11:26am On Feb 18
What generation is generation x?
wrongnumber:

The food for Generation X in Naija.

The Gen Z generation can never relate.

If you come chop am hot with butter... Hulala
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Doublek101: 11:27am On Feb 18
I don eat this bread for Ghana. He Sweet die.
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by EnglandAmaka(f): 11:30am On Feb 18
grin grin
OkukoIgbo:

What are you close to then?
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by femi4: 11:35am On Feb 18
Jewessgratitud3:
I just remembered this Ghana bread from my childhood that was sold those days in ikoyi. It was a delight back then. we would always trouble my Dad to take us outside the gate every weekend to buy it for us because it looked different from the regular four corner bread 🍞 we were used to. It was kinda crusty and dusty but we enjoyed it anyways grin

Some Ghanaian guys were hawking it in a basin and would spread butter on it when you buy.

Wow
Nostalgia

Very expensive compared to the normal bread. Still prefer agege bread n Ewa agonyi anyday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Psady(m): 11:44am On Feb 18
Jewessgratitud3:

Yeah I remember all the candies.

Gowan finger
Onyon malu
Balewa
Sisi pelebe

Gogo
Chocomilo

Snacks
Nasco Wafers
Rockies
Condensed ice cream different colors grin.
One short gala called meat rolls then.

Orisirisi...
Balewa sweet , Baba dun dun (dark sweet), eyin alangba(lizard egg sweet), GoGo & M&B chocolate.
Every week I do shit out worm ,when stooling it just hangs there and dangling around ,I cried out loud to my older ones to come and pull it off from my buttocks.
That condense ice cream was da bomb , I got special colours ,purple or dark red ,the darker the colour the sweeter it is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Masterchef(m): 12:00pm On Feb 18
This is more of Togo bread. Good with baked beans and salad. Also served on the side of main dishes in European restaurants in the Rep. of Benin and Togo.
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Sleekfingers: 12:14pm On Feb 18
Jewessgratitud3:

That bread no get taste. It taste like pako biscuits

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by kmaster007: 12:24pm On Feb 18
Indomie children won't no this
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Love800(m): 12:25pm On Feb 18
Hello.
How is ghana.
Can i migrate there?
izibili44:
I am in GHANA still eating it every night.
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Love800(m): 12:28pm On Feb 18
Who are indomie generations?
U believe indomie came out 1986, abi?
kmaster007:
Indomie children won't no this
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by wunmi590(m): 12:38pm On Feb 18
tommy589:

It was known as senegal bread (no butter) in the 70s until Ghana hawkers popularised it

You are absolutely right
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Akinomoakin021: 12:48pm On Feb 18
There is Senegal bread that looks like this too
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by wrongnumber: 12:57pm On Feb 18
Love800:
What generation is generation x?

People born between the years 1965 to 1980

Millenia generation is from 1981 – 1996

Generation Z called Gen Z is from 1997 to 2012

No name yet for 2013 till date grin
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by sterlingD(m): 1:04pm On Feb 18
I remember
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Authur729(m): 1:24pm On Feb 18
They are still selling it till now
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Silentgroper(m): 1:33pm On Feb 18
Eastlink:
What of Baba Dudu, and Dankwa.
dankwa is still being sold till date..
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Silentgroper(m): 1:39pm On Feb 18
Paraman:
Guys in their 20's sef go don see the bread tire
not me
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Jewessgratitud3: 1:49pm On Feb 18
Sleekfingers:

That bread no get taste. It taste like pako biscuits

Remember there are two types o. The one I ate as a little child was sweet but the one my town bought one certain time from Obalende around that 2013 thereabout was tasteless and crusty.

Maybe the crusty one is Senegalese bread I don't know now.
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Jewessgratitud3: 1:51pm On Feb 18
Psady:
Balewa sweet , Baba dun dun (dark sweet), eyin alangba(lizard egg sweet), GoGo & M&B chocolate.
Every week I do shit out worm ,when stooling it just hangs there and dangling around ,I cried out loud to my older ones to come and pull it off from my buttocks.
That condense ice cream was da bomb , I got special colours ,purple or dark red ,the darker the colour the sweeter it is.

Yeah how can I forget eyin alangba grin. You sef too like sweet mouth. My own worms will just jejely come out and rest on my panties grin. Chai children grin

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Jewessgratitud3: 1:53pm On Feb 18
mignone:

That's "baguette", an unsweetened longer version eaten in francophone countries. It's ven harder in texture.

Ghana bread is sweet.

Yeah it's longer. That shape just made me like it and of course sweet.
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Jewessgratitud3: 1:54pm On Feb 18
LOVEGINO:
we go come open d center put butter grin

😂 😂😂 Yes o. Well now be eating and feeling like it's one oyinbo food we are eating. grin. Children.

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Paraman: 1:55pm On Feb 18
Silentgroper:
not me
Maybe it's because of the area you lived
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Jewessgratitud3: 1:57pm On Feb 18
isacolukay:

Comrade!
You forgot to add
Donkwa
Ekana Baba Sala
Choco Milo
Beske
Kulikuli ( the one made by nupe people.... super tasty

Eyin alangba nkor cheesy
Puto drink nut funny enough I couldn't afford pito back then because we were given money to school. We get a few coins when at home and pito is Only sold in school undecided.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Is It That Most Visitors Often Behave Like This? { PHOTOS } / Tips On How To Identify Plastic Rice / 3 Huge Pythons Caught In Lagos Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.