Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,728 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? (58908 Views)

How To Make Bromate Free Agege Bread From Start To Finish (Photos, Video) / Who Remembers This Primary School Days Method Of Cooking 'Concoction Rice'? / Man Ordered Stale Bread From Chicken Republic. See What He Found Inside (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by akinsmail51: 10:20pm On Feb 17
Yes, I can remember this bread. Also, I ate it last year when I visited Ghana. It's also available in Cotonou, I bought some loaves for my children on my way back home

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Realguyman1(m): 10:20pm On Feb 17
Oblongata:
Nostalgic.

I still saw them when I traveled to cotonou in 2012. I bought a loaf with butter just to have a feel of my child hood grin
They still sell it there till date. Saw it when I was there late last year

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Jewessgratitud3: 10:21pm On Feb 17
Tetraozonaitera:

It entered Naija late 70s and reigned through early 80s.

It was called buredi Senegal or buredi elefun (powdered bread)

It is the French's bread and Francophone countries own it. They still eat it till date.

Ghana and Gambia borrowed it from them because they live inbetween Francophone countries.

Wow really?? ... Interesting.
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Rodinat: 10:23pm On Feb 17
They still sell it in my home town Saki Oyo State.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Bigprik: 10:25pm On Feb 17
Jewessgratitud3:
I just remembered this Ghana bread from my childhood that was sold those days in ikoyi. It was a delight back then. we would always trouble my Dad to take us outside the gate every weekend to buy it for us because it looked different from the regular four corner bread 🍞 we were used to. It was kinda crusty and dusty but we enjoyed it anyways grin
Yes I remember,we used to call it big prik back then
Some Ghanaian guys were hawking it in a basin and would spread butter on it when you buy.

Who else had this bread back then.
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by lapintoz: 10:32pm On Feb 17
The bread sweet die....the sugar in the bread no get rival....just drink water with the bread and you are good....😄

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Ubanz: 10:33pm On Feb 17
It's actually French baguettes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Ubanz: 10:34pm On Feb 17
It's actually French,baguettes.
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Emmy000seun(m): 10:34pm On Feb 17
Still the shape of bread (humzer) in Lybia...
Jewessgratitud3:
I just remembered this Ghana bread from my childhood that was sold those days in ikoyi. It was a delight back then. we would always trouble my Dad to take us outside the gate every weekend to buy it for us because it looked different from the regular four corner bread 🍞 we were used to. It was kinda crusty and dusty but we enjoyed it anyways grin

Some Ghanaian guys were hawking it in a basin and would spread butter on it when you buy.

Who else had this bread back then.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Paraman: 10:34pm On Feb 17
Mcreloaded:
OP be careful, I know what you are trying to do here.

For those of you that have acknowledged eating this bread and its sweet taste with butter, it means you are over 45 years old and a little above 55 years old.

Na old people full this nairaland and I am sure most of the guys are not married or marriage don crash.

Lol
How time flies sha day's of voltron and super Ted cartoon
Guys in their 20's sef go don see the bread tire

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by lendahand(m): 10:39pm On Feb 17
Eastlink:
What of Baba Dudu, and Dankwa.
haha grin I don catch yo, and the good thing is you will relish every ingredient used in this quality low cost products back in the days.
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by ubee(m): 10:41pm On Feb 17
Sometimes I wonder how people like you could so compulsively tell unnecessary lies even with the cover of anonymity that the Internet provides for you.

Your first two comments on this thread where you go nostalgic about the Bread while mentioning mainstay brands of the 80's like "Blue Band" and "Limca" clearly prove that you are someone who lived his childhood through the 80's.
The Bread was effectively off the streets by even the mid-nineties so there's no way you can try to claim you were born at the back-end of the eighties.

In fact I am even doing an overkill with my points to point out your lie.

The big point here is that there's no way some who's nostalgic about Limca and BlueBand would not be in their forties today, or at least the end of thirties - which is still quite unlikely.

Grow up and stop telling lies for fun.
Ogiame:
Not even close to 40 grin
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Ogiame: 10:43pm On Feb 17
ubee:
Sometimes I wonder how people like you could so compulsively tell unnecessary lies even with the cover of anonymity that the Internet provides for you.

Your first two comments on this thread where you go nostalgic about the Bread while mentioning mainstay brands of the 80's like "Blue Band" and "Limca" clearly prove that you are someone who lived his childhood through the 80's.
The Bread was effectively off the streets by even the mid-nineties so there's no way you can try to claim you were born at the back-end of the eighties.

In fact I am even doing an overkill with my points to point out your lie.

The big point here is that there's no way some who's nostalgic about Limca and BlueBand would not be in their forties today, or at least the end of thirties - which is still quite unlikely.

Grow up and stop telling lies for fun.
When you're done writing Songs Of Solomon, you'll go to bed... Awon Date Of Birth CIA grin

3 Likes

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by tommy589(m): 10:44pm On Feb 17
wunmi590:

Lol, gone are those days, they are still selling it at obalende, in Lagos state..

There's Senegal bread also...

Good old days

It was known as senegal bread (no butter) in the 70s until Ghana hawkers popularised it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Proudlyomonna: 10:46pm On Feb 17
Oblongata:
Nostalgic.

I still saw them when I traveled to cotonou in 2012. I bought a loaf with butter just to have a feel of my child hood grin

They are still selling it in Benin republic,Togo and Ghana till today.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Ogiame: 10:47pm On Feb 17
iFESTAC680:

You rock life pass me be that. grin grin
Na my big brother wan use enjoyment wound me that year.... May his soul rest in peace

2 Likes

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Ogiame: 10:50pm On Feb 17
Oblongata:
You couldn't have eaten this bread and not 40+. How na? Were you told the story?
Are you suffering from multiple disorder or you just want to gather likes?

This is you some hours ago.

3 Likes

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Abagworo(m): 10:54pm On Feb 17
This is hotdog bread .
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by haphizz57(m): 10:54pm On Feb 17
Imagine we had slay queens of now adays bck den. Most of dem for dey use am serve cucumber purpose
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Omoluyi(m): 10:55pm On Feb 17
Ogiame:
Not even close to 40 grin
For your mind abi?
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by alizma: 11:01pm On Feb 17
Ogiame:
Not a Ghanian, my big brother had a Ghanian girlfriend then who also visits with her younger sister... The younger sister will bring it for me and also hot dog. I will quickly throw them into the company's microwave and wait for it to get very hot and then step it down with a bottle of Limca. grin

Thank heavens for my big brother, I would have been a father in my early days grin
Una do abortion abi, angel Gabson say make I tell you say make you come enter heaven make im see
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by remsonik(f): 11:01pm On Feb 17
Wow I really love this bread,was in Ghana in November last year and I had a taste of it there. I really love the way its baked,no sugar is added and over there they offer fruit jams, sardines, butter, tea,juice or anything you want to eat with it. .......
You can also get it in badagry,obalende but anyone you get in nigeria is not as nutritious as the one made in Ghana

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Ogiame: 11:03pm On Feb 17
alizma:

Una do abortion abi, angel say make I tell you say make you come enter heaven make im see
grin

Angel Micheal na my paddy, he go run am for me. I believe am d!e. grin
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by kenchop: 11:12pm On Feb 17
Ghana kenke

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by ShugaSneh: 11:13pm On Feb 17
What's your body count? Your prick for don peel finish
Ogiame:
Not a Ghanian, my big brother had a Ghanian girlfriend then who also visits with her younger sister... The younger sister will bring it for me and also hot dog. I will quickly throw them into the company's microwave and wait for it to get very hot and then step it down with a bottle of Limca. grin

Thank heavens for my big brother, I would have been a father in my early days grin
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Ogiame: 11:15pm On Feb 17
kenchop:
Ghana kenke
Nothing beats Kenke with fried fish.
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Ogiame: 11:15pm On Feb 17
ShugaSneh:
What's your body count? Your prick for don peel finish

Body Count - 3. 😄
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by MrCamron(m): 11:16pm On Feb 17
I believe the bread is called sokon, I'm not sure of the spelling. I'm a Badagarian !!

And about Voltron and superted,I had to download them all from YouTube for my kids and myself.

Voltron.....,"the defender of the Universe".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Oblongata: 11:22pm On Feb 17
Ogiame:
Are you suffering from multiple disorder or you just want to gather likes?

This is you some hours ago.
Confused you with the Op. My bad! It wasn't necessary for you to be rude tho.
Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Yomkris(m): 11:27pm On Feb 17
that's the bread you will get from Benin republic, Togo, Burkina Faso, Ghana, ivory coast even Mali. That style remains till today in all the mentioned west African countries.
i just finished one loaf few minutes ago here in Abidjan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by Ogiame: 11:27pm On Feb 17
Oblongata:
Confused you with the Op. My bad! It wasn't necessary for you to be rude tho.
My bad also. Apologies if I sound rude.

1 Like

Re: Who Remembers This Ghana Bread From The 80s? by iamclime(m): 11:31pm On Feb 17
Bread is still available in Cotonou till tomorrow. Still saw lots of this on Thursday in Cotonou.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Is It That Most Visitors Often Behave Like This? { PHOTOS } / Tips On How To Identify Plastic Rice / 3 Huge Pythons Caught In Lagos Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.