Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,219 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. - Science/Technology (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. (57348 Views)

Jpmorgan Will Let Consumers Pay With Their Face Or Palm Instead Of A Card (pic) / Free Energy Charger System No Need For Nepa Or Solar / Using Solar Panel As Ups Main Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by holarthayor(m): 4:33pm On Feb 19
BRIGHTSOLAR:
Contact

Bright Energy

How much for sliver and gold package
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Testimony1988(m): 5:11pm On Feb 19
You can use Solar along side with PHCN and generator, not advisable to only use solar.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by BadMaster: 5:23pm On Feb 19
amazinghomez09:
I use a 3.5kva in my office with 4 tubular batteries I notice that it works better when charged with electricity due to the load in my officr when the weather is fair then then am sure the batteries will last between 9am to about 4.30pm before we switch to generator however when there is electricity for few hours then we wnt have need for a generator
What appliances do you use with the inverter?
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by finebois(m): 5:29pm On Feb 19
AsabaPropertyAg:
My brother, if have the resources to go for Solar please don't waste time. I have saved a lot of money since August 1 2023 they installed it for me in a 3 Bedroom flat (Rented). I spent 2.5m for installing Solar.

6 panels 550 watts (long Panel)

4 Tubular batteries 220Ah

5KVA Inverter

Circuit breaker

It powers

(1) Haier Termacool Deep Freezer 379 liters (inverter)

(2) Samsung double door Fridge (inverter)

3) LG washing machine 9 kg (inverter)

4) 240 kg Air frier not deep frier ooo ( we off everything when in use)

5) 43 inches LG televisions x2 that runs almost 24 hours

6) qasa electric iron 1,200 watts.

Since that August1, I have not on my generator

It starts charging from may be 8.30 am

Good afternoon sir. Please I need your honest review of the hair thermocool freezer. I have an inverter system and I want to get a freezer that do not consume much power and will be efficient in terms of cool.
Please what is the power consumption of your hair thermocool freezer, and it takes how many hours to cold or freeze.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by fashrola(m): 8:15pm On Feb 19
matify83:

Well!

I may not have the answer to this question because I'm not sure we have put off our cooling systems for more than 2 hours at a time ever.

Alright I think I’m gonna finally get one and use with my solar system
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 9:41pm On Feb 19
occfx:

Yes it's called going off Grid. It's expensive to go off Grid but it's necessary with the way Nigeria is going because, everybody want to eat each other. So anything to avoid government will be cool.

An equivalent of 3000VA generator is 7m at the moment. Very expensive. Therefore, I suggest you use solar and nepa alone. Use 1.5m buy solar and back up with nepa.

Please, I read through to see if this question have been asked, surprisingly, it haven't.

Charging your inverter with PHCN light, won't it consume much units for those using prepaid?

1 Like

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Love800(m): 7:23am On Feb 20
Ok
ewizard1:

Negative!
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Love800(m): 7:26am On Feb 20
What is mtn lumos?
nikaShow:

Yes, I have added pictures to the original post.

My one singular battery powers only my freezer.

The Mtn Lumos powers only bulbs and my phones and laptops. It used to power my Tv but after using it for 9 years 😂 , E no get that kind power again , and I don’t really need it to. I don’t watch Tv. It also powers a standing rechargeable fan though I seldom use it for it.

I also don’t own a generator. Never have.

When there’s light, I use the washing machine , blender and Micro wave.

I use a dry cleaner to ‘iron’ only.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Love800(m): 7:27am On Feb 20
Ok.
Is it the same inverter, nepa light charges?
PotatoSalad:

Inverter is needed to convert DC to AC.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Love800(m): 7:29am On Feb 20
Ok.
Is it the same inverter dat nepa light charges?
ewizard1:

Inverter - A DC to AC equipment that converts DC power (Battery/Solar) to AC (Alternating current) power which is required by your home appliances to work.

Inverter AC(AirConditioner) / Freezers - Appliances that consumes lesser energy and thereby efficient to be powered by the (DC-AC) Inverter.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Love800(m): 7:31am On Feb 20
Tankz so much
franchasofficia:
inverter freezer and inverter ac are low energy consumption freezers and ACs manufactured to consume very low power to work. They are energy saving appliances mostly designed to work with solar/inverter power supply so it wont consume much of your solar battery energy.

They are usually costlier than normal freezers and ACs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Love800(m): 7:32am On Feb 20
Okay
franchasofficia:
The aluminum brackets or braces used to mount the solar panels on house rooftops so that breeze or wind won't carry the solar panels away.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Love800(m): 7:33am On Feb 20
Thankz
safarifarms:
Rainy season has lots of days with low/poor sunlight. When the day is dull or cloudy solar energy will seriously reduce. If it rains, your panels may not supply energy at all.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Love800(m): 7:34am On Feb 20
Ok
Zealoy:
i dont know na the one i dey use i tell u so
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Love800(m): 7:36am On Feb 20
Okay. So if u want to go into solar, u will go completely off-grid?
LOVEGINO:
I dey pay light bill. So it's of no use for now.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Love800(m): 7:36am On Feb 20
Okay
TheGift:

They are energy saving and don’t consume as much as the regular ACs and Freezers.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Love800(m): 7:44am On Feb 20
Ok.
But cant it power other appliances apart from only phones?
anu3:

Yes, to charge phones. But not very advisable. Just get a 7k charge controller...
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Love800(m): 7:47am On Feb 20
Okay.
marksleek2584:
well, the installer said something about it depraciatng the battery cells faster...
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Love800(m): 7:50am On Feb 20
I want to understand sumtin.
Do u have inverter?
Moneyboyz:

Last time I use nepa is 3 years ago.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Love800(m): 7:53am On Feb 20
Okay.

When going completely off Grid, do one still buy inverter?
occfx:

Yes it's called going off Grid. It's expensive to go off Grid but it's necessary with the way Nigeria is going because, everybody want to eat each other. So anything to avoid government will be cool.

An equivalent of 3000VA generator is 7m at the moment. Very expensive. Therefore, I suggest you use solar and nepa alone. Use 1.5m buy solar and back up with nepa.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Love800(m): 7:54am On Feb 20
Okay
lwisee:

Depends on your budget, you can start in this sequence :
1.Solar panel
2.Inverter
3. Batteries and charge controller
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by PotatoSalad(m): 8:39am On Feb 20
Love800:
Ok.
Is it the same inverter, nepa light charges?
Nepa/solar/gen charges battery.
Job of the inverter is to invert the stored energy in the battery which is in DC to AC so that your appliances can use it.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by LOVEGINO(m): 9:35am On Feb 20
Love800:
Okay. So if u want to go into solar, u will go completely off-grid?
na. Be using both.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by occfx: 9:47am On Feb 20
Love800:
Okay.

When going completely off Grid, do one still buy inverter?

Yes, inverter is the generator.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by occfx: 9:51am On Feb 20
Yampotatocarrot:

Please, I read through to see if this question have been asked, surprisingly, it haven't.

Charging your inverter with PHCN light, won't it consume much units for those using prepaid?

It does, it draws your units and store them in the battery for emergency. Therefore, when Nepa takes light, you will be using the units in advance. Without Solar panels, what you are actually doing is storing Nepa in batteries for emergency use at your own cost.

1 Like

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by occfx: 9:52am On Feb 20
lwisee:

Depends on your budget, you can start in this sequence :
1.Solar panel
2.Inverter
3. Batteries and charge controller

I suggest inverter first, then battery, then solar.

3 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Horbar1: 11:30am On Feb 20
madridguy:
Depends on the battery. Amaze battery is now 300k.

I bought Luminous.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by toscotech(m): 11:34am On Feb 20
CAN I JOIN 200W SOLAR PANEL WITH 300W SOLAR PANEL
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by miqos02(m): 12:57pm On Feb 20
NothingDoMe:
How was it? Did you still have enough stored energy for nighttime use?
yes boss
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Love800(m): 1:41pm On Feb 20
Tankz so much
PotatoSalad:

Nepa/solar/gen charges battery.
Job of the inverter is to invert the stored energy in the battery which is in DC to AC so that your appliances can use it.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Love800(m): 1:43pm On Feb 20
Okay.
LOVEGINO:
na. Be using both.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Love800(m): 1:44pm On Feb 20
Okay.
Tankz
occfx:

Yes, inverter is the generator.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed / Rare Mutant Two-Headed Rattlesnake Found In Arizona, US (Photos) / Meet The Southern Titan! Huge Dinosaur The Same Length As Basketball Court (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.