Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,063 members, 7,814,660 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. - Science/Technology (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. (57211 Views)

Jpmorgan Will Let Consumers Pay With Their Face Or Palm Instead Of A Card (pic) / Free Energy Charger System No Need For Nepa Or Solar / Using Solar Panel As Ups Main Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by MisterGrace: 3:02pm On Feb 18
What about maintenance and sustainability?
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by matify83: 3:03pm On Feb 18
Jetland:

I sent you a private email bro

Pls resend to greengold83k@gmail.com

I've lost control of that e mail box
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Compliant(m): 3:04pm On Feb 18
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. Considering the hike in Fuel and Nepa bill coupled with epileptic power supply in Naija. Now, guys using Solar energy instead of Nepa or Gen. How do you guys do it? What type do you use? How do you manage it? I'm thinking of using solar but i would like you to share your experience.

This might interest you
https://www.nairaland.com/7566401/solar-inverters-cost-implication-durability
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Femmyfamous4u(m): 3:06pm On Feb 18
I got it done early last year for about 2m. My neighbors were laughing that I was wasting money. I knew the subsidy would be removed and it would mean paying more for fuel. For the record, I have not put on my generator for over 8 months.

10 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by poseidon12: 3:06pm On Feb 18
Ayo25:
No there is not. Do you even know what anarchy is?

In Nigeria, there is anarchy, of course. I guess you don't know what anarchy means. You might want to consult your dictionary.
Nigerians generally have to provide for themselves what a government is supposed to provide: water, electricity, roads, security, education, healthcare, etc. You can safely say that there is absence of government in Nigeria. What you have is basically audio government. There is lawlessness. If what you have in this hellhole is not anarchy, I wonder what is.

2 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Kobicove(m): 3:08pm On Feb 18
Pedrocross4568:

I wonder at your question.

Living in a rented apartment shouldn't be an issue with you having a solar system.

Why do so many people keep having this wrong assumption that, you can't have solar system while living in a rented house?

Why would you spend that kind of money to install it in a rented apartment then if for any reason you have to move you incur additional costs to uproot everything before taking it to your new apartment for reinstallation
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Itulah(m): 3:09pm On Feb 18
elipheleh:

If it is DIY, then 2m can do it.
- Budget about 1.5m for LifeP04 battery + charging unit combo. This kind of product is a combination of the best battery lithium iron phosphate iv battery & the charge controller + inverter
- use about 500k to purchase panels.

Then do the connection yourself. No need to call any electrician.
Everything is like plug and play

A Hybrid inverter won't need a charge controller. Use the budget for charge controller to add up for a Hybrid inverter.
My 1cent advice.

2 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Eriokanmi: 3:09pm On Feb 18
GerogeI:

This your claim get as I be.
Most times a 300 watt rated panel will give you 50 to 100w effective power. So your 10 panels will give you 500W to 1Kw instant power. That's 1 pass my neighbour generator at best. More often your effective power is about 700W. AC is at least 1 hp, solar chest freezer is 100w, inverter fridge is 200w. Plus lighting ,TV, fan etc. There is no way 10 solar panels can power everything in your house. You are either supplementing from grid or running your home appliances one at a time.

Do not give peeps false expectation. Your effective power will be 10 to 20% of your installed capacity.
I'm sure you didn't take your time to read the post put up by matify83 cheesy You can't manage what you camr measure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by babaowambe: 3:14pm On Feb 18
[quote author=matify83 post=128502681]It's splendid!

I use a 3.5kva 12v kartel inverter and 4 220AH tubular batteries I connected in parallel to make 880AH.

I power virtually every thing in the house including an lg inverter AC for most of the afternoons , an lg inverter fridge/freezer and a bona solar chest freezer.

I've been fully off grid for going to 6 years by May and I don't have any regrets at all.

The installation was done DIY with little touch by my electrician. [Can you explain in English please, and what kind of battery did you use?
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by ModCaller: 3:14pm On Feb 18
franchasofficia:
no.

3.5kva inverter today is 350,000 to 380k

80amps Charge controller around 150k

100amps changeover - 7,000

4 220ah Luminous tubular batteries - 340,000 x 4

10 350w used Canada mono solar panel - 75,000 x 10

Circuit breaker - 70,000

Cables - 100,000 - 150,000

Battery rack - 20,000

Installation labor - 60,000

Sum it up

Your figures are very wrong. The only thing correct is the battery rack. Try and do proper market research before posted inflated figures.

1 Like

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Ayo25: 3:15pm On Feb 18
You dont know what anarchy entails my friend. If you see a semblance of anarchy situation, you will thank your stars about Nigeria. Forget those jargons youb type up there. Government can do better, yes. But that Government is non existent or doing nothing, you dont know what you are talking about.
poseidon12:

In Nigeria, there is anarchy, of course. I guess you don't know what anarchy means. You might want to consult your dictionary.
Nigerians generally have to provide for themselves what a government is supposed to provide: water, electricity, roads, security, education, healthcare, etc. You can safely say that there is absence of government in Nigeria. What you have is basically audio government. There is lawlessness. If what you have in this hellhole is not anarchy, I wonder what is.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by babaowambe: 3:15pm On Feb 18
Can you explain in English please and what kind of battery did you use?
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by cletz991(m): 3:16pm On Feb 18
I need a reliable solar generator to power my TV, fan laptop and to charge my phone. Any recommendations
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by OneMillionBTC: 3:20pm On Feb 18
Nice Thread..... Very Educative.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Success957: 3:23pm On Feb 18
nikaShow:
I used the Mtn Lumos inverter for 5 years.

Paid it off and still using it 4 years later.

Never touched it, no fault at all.

It only powers light, charges phones and my laptop.

I now have added a solar freezer and its complete setup. Solar freezer works with only one battery but 3 solar panels.

I don't get it. Can the product power freezer? How many watt is the freezer?
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by ZionwolSolution: 3:24pm On Feb 18
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. Considering the hike in Fuel and Nepa bill coupled with epileptic power supply in Naija. Now, guys using Solar energy instead of Nepa or Gen. How do you guys do it? What type do you use? How do you manage it? I'm thinking of using solar but i would like you to share your experience.
Try Us>>>
https://zionwolsolutions.com/

4Skills@aGo
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by IchakaNdiNso: 3:28pm On Feb 18
Pls can you emphasize more on the dynamo and bio digester
Suicideboy:
I use bike dynamo and bio gas digester
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Tplanet: 3:28pm On Feb 18
5Kva will power Pumping machine, a 1.5hp AC, TV, Freezer, fans, bulbs and other home appliances that fall within the capacity of the system.

You can chat me up on 08155473662 for your load assessment.
Osanoghodua1:
Please, what can the 5KVA carry? How long will the battery work before replacement?

1 Like

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by 9jii(m): 3:28pm On Feb 18
Dyfynezz12:

But Boss can 2m get me this in this current economy
U need 4 200am battery, 10 300watts solar panels, 5kva inverter and charger controller. Shikenan!
Battery 200k to 250k each
Solar panels 75k each
Inverter 300k
Controller 150k
Wire and workmanship 50k
Get 2.5m if possible
U ll be happy for with your decision.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by amparas(m): 3:30pm On Feb 18
GerogeI:

This your claim get as I be.
Most times a 300 watt rated panel will give you 50 to 100w effective power. So your 10 panels will give you 500W to 1Kw instant power. That's 1 pass my neighbour generator at best. More often your effective power is about 700W. AC is at least 1 hp, solar chest freezer is 100w, inverter fridge is 200w. Plus lighting ,TV, fan etc. There is no way 10 solar panels can power everything in your house. You are either supplementing from grid or running your home appliances one at a time.

Do not give peeps false expectation. Your effective power will be 10 to 20% of your installed capacity.

Bro common na šŸ˜ in as much we no d like give people false hope, most Chinese solar panels for naija na grade B an na arround 40% - 60% of the rated capacity.

Most USA or Canada made solar panels na grade A which can reach upto 80% its rating. Na why that some people still like to the use used panels from that way with hope e still d bring in juice at that rate from sun but most times these panels dem don use am for about 6-8yrs already life span don d finish so most of them their efficiency go don drop.

Yes grade C panels dey which is equal to ur ratings (20%) men still d import am bc itā€™s cheap and especially now wey things don cost. Also panels wey dem produce for naija na this rating.

So weti I just d rant here be say not all panels are 10-20% the power rating. If those 10 panels of 300W na grade B home boy fit the generate (300W x 10 x 0.5) =~1500W & upto 1800W at peak sunlight.

1 Like

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by tenpipsperday: 3:31pm On Feb 18
BigDawsNet:

Why is the battery not always strong?

Whenever I think about the solar.. People just talk abt the battery lives?

Some people overload the batteries bro but they will not tell you

3 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by OneMillionBTC: 3:32pm On Feb 18
Nice Thread..... Very Educative
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Obviouslyblunt: 3:33pm On Feb 18
Dyfynezz12:

yes it can. Donā€™t buy in bulk, but them separately. You should only buy the solar panels together.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by KingEric01: 3:37pm On Feb 18
I have been using mine since November last year. One inverter, one battery and one charger controller Everything cost over 250k with installation materials and workmanship.....I charge with Nepa for now, i will be adding solar panel and buy more batteries in future.......

Besides, i have PORTABLE TIGER GENERATOR for sale. it is almost new, the price is 40k. The generator is just there idle, doing nothing. The inverter is really serving me. If you are interested in the Generator, call or WhatsApp 08081063148 for pictures. Location is Osun state, Ile-ife very close to OAU and OUI campus gate.

1 Like

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by jiz: 3:37pm On Feb 18
No 3.5kva/12v from kartel and kindly correct your self. Don't project yourself as DIY while giving false information to the public.
matify83:
It's splendid!

I use a 3.5kva 12v kartel inverter and 4 220AH tubular batteries I connected in parallel to make 880AH.

I power virtually every thing in the house including an lg inverter AC for most of the afternoons , an lg inverter fridge/freezer and a bona solar chest freezer.

I've been fully off grid for going to 6 years by May and I don't have any regrets at all.

The installation was done DIY with little touch by my electrician.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by TreasureJunky: 3:39pm On Feb 18
I have a guy that installs solar inverter, he's very good in that field, he can do it at that amount
Dyfynezz12:

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by RichIgboBoy: 3:40pm On Feb 18
matify83:
It's splendid!

The installation was done DIY with little touch by my electrician.
how do you charge the batteries?
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by BennyDGreat: 3:40pm On Feb 18
Suicideboy:
I use bike dynamo and bio gas digester

This is a new combo
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by ewizard1: 3:40pm On Feb 18
You need to experience it.

I'm a consultant if you've got enquiries!
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by BucketHat(m): 3:44pm On Feb 18
Gadafii:
In Nigeria we provide our own light, security, jobs, sometimes fixed our own roads cos govt had abandoned it for years, I want to askā€¦. What exactly are we benefiting from govt as Nigerians ?
Bro you have spoken well,in most cases a lot of Nigerians don't ask questions because of religious sentiments & tribalism.

Nigerians always want God to come fix their road,electricity etc & you will either hear let's leave everything for God or God will judge.

This Nation matter is mind boggling oooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by ewizard1: 3:47pm On Feb 18
Itulah:

A Highbridge inverter won't need a charge controller. Use the budget for charge controller to add up for a Highbridge inverter.
My 1cent advice.
It's... Hybrid Inverter.

1 Like

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by matify83: 3:48pm On Feb 18
jiz:
No 3.5kva/12v from kartel and kindly correct your self. Don't project yourself as DIY while giving false information to the public.

Did my post come as one that will be crafted for the purposes of misinformation?

You should have politely asked me for proof instead of making a flawed statement that impuned on my integrity.

What you don't know, another may know.
Don't be braggadocios in ignorance my guy!

For the umpteenth time, I am not an installer, neither does my business line relates to solar. I did my installation purely out of my love for solar technology and green energy as a whole.

I will snap the crate in which the Kartel came as evidence to clear your pompous doubt.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (19) (Reply)

Pictures Of A Made In Nigeria Helicopter / Emaciated Lions At Breeding Farm Eat Each Other In South Africa(Pics) / California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.