Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,478 members, 7,819,740 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. - Science/Technology (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. (57561 Views)

Jpmorgan Will Let Consumers Pay With Their Face Or Palm Instead Of A Card (pic) / Free Energy Charger System No Need For Nepa Or Solar / Using Solar Panel As Ups Main Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by poseidon12: 4:33pm On Feb 18
Ayo25:
You dont know what anarchy entails my friend. If you see a semblance of anarchy situation, you will thank your stars about Nigeria. Forget those jargons youb type up there. Government can do better, yes. But that Government is non existent or doing nothing, you dont know what you are talking about.

At least I know what the dictionary says about anarchy and that is exactly what we are experiencing in Nigeria: absence of government, lawlessness.

1 Like

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Youngzedd(m): 4:35pm On Feb 18
Greenscientist:
The one we installed lasted only 8month.before the battery kpai.

Lack of expertise and mismanagement were a thing and i can also say the way we used it, we would have spent more if we want ti use Gen like that.

Next time, buy Amaron Quanta or Luminous brands of batteries.

Avoid Chinese brands.

2 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Katcall: 4:36pm On Feb 18
SeriouslySense:
Solar is the way to go, combined with nepa, that is uninterrupted power supply wink smiley smiley

I put on the fan yesterday, when there was no Nepa, and i could sleep well. cool

No need to look for fuel, just stay jeje, inside your house cool
you no dey fúck
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Love800(m): 4:36pm On Feb 18
Are you using solar?
chelseamann:
Absolutely the best option..
Using mine ( no panels yet) so I depends on Nepa to charge my batteries and I must say it's worth every penny..

Been saving a lot of money on fuel
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by NothingDoMe: 4:38pm On Feb 18
Lol someone says he uses 4 batteries to power everything including AC and people actually believe him.

Nobody should come and cry when you try it and your inverter system cannot sustain the load.

1 Like

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Cajal(m): 4:39pm On Feb 18
matify83:
It's splendid!

I use a 3.5kva 12v kartel inverter and 4 220AH tubular batteries I connected in parallel to make 880AH.

I power virtually every thing in the house including an lg inverter AC for most of the afternoons , an lg inverter fridge/freezer and a bona solar chest freezer.

I've been fully off grid for going to 6 years by May and I don't have any regrets at all.

The installation was done DIY with little touch by my electrician.
How do you see tubular cell compared to dry cell?
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by planetx: 4:43pm On Feb 18
This is why I smh at people that say they want to japa from Nigeria because of electricity, in this day and age someone giving electricity as a reason.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Love800(m): 4:43pm On Feb 18
Rainfall affect solar?
safarifarms:
The experience has been wonderful so far (since July or August last year) but I fear that the coming rainy season may not allow me to enjoy as much anymore unless I upgrade.

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by NothingDoMe: 4:44pm On Feb 18
madgoat:

LIES 🤥
God bless you. I currently use 8 banks of 200mah and 4 banks of 200mah. With 34 solar panels and I CANNOT try that nonsense he's spewing with 4 banks and 10 solar panels.

I can try 8 battery banks with the Sun at full midday strength for my LG inverter AC and only till like 2PM. Still, I don't do it.

1 Like

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by poiZon: 4:44pm On Feb 18
uvie66:
please I need advice on how to get off the grid also please
Off grid simply means he is no more connected to public power supply, either Phed, aedc or whatever disco is supplying u power.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Love800(m): 4:47pm On Feb 18
I want to ask a question.
Must one buy inverter along with solar?
lwisee:
I've been completely off grid since December last year and I have no regret. 24hrs light from my Solar system , I only need my generator to pump water.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by SonofElElyonRet: 4:47pm On Feb 18
matify83:
It's splendid!

I use a 3.5kva 12v kartel inverter and 4 220AH tubular batteries I connected in parallel to make 880AH.

I power virtually every thing in the house including an lg inverter AC for most of the afternoons , an lg inverter fridge/freezer and a bona solar chest freezer.

I've been fully off grid for going to 6 years by May and I don't have any regrets at all.

The installation was done DIY with little touch by my electrician.
Water Pumping machine? Iron?
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by miqos02(m): 4:48pm On Feb 18
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. Considering the hike in Fuel and Nepa bill coupled with epileptic power supply in Naija. Now, guys using Solar energy instead of Nepa or Gen. How do you guys do it? What type do you use? How do you manage it? I'm thinking of using solar but i would like you to share your experience.
it has saved me at least 60k monthly

2 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by miqos02(m): 4:48pm On Feb 18
SonofElElyonRet:

Water Pumping machine? Iron?
upgrade to 5kva to add pumping machine
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by miqos02(m): 4:49pm On Feb 18
NothingDoMe:
God bless you. I currently use 8 banks of 200mah and 4 banks of 200mah. With 34 solar panels and I CANNOT try that nonsense he's spewing with 4 banks and 10 solar panels.

I can try 8 battery banks with the Sun at full midday strength for my LG inverter AC and only till like 2PM. Still, I don't do it.
I did this yesterday too, on 24 solar panels and 8 banks
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Love800(m): 4:50pm On Feb 18
Hello.
Can solar work without inverter?
jhubril:
I'm here sitting down in the hallway of my spacious apartment viewing this topic. For a while now I have been living off-grid and I can tell you that I have never regretted becoming my own PHCN. This country's economy is in a free fall. Going solar is a decision I have never regretted. Thank God 'Nigeria is not passing through me'.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Compliant(m): 4:50pm On Feb 18
I make use of 2 inverter

A 3.5kva with 2 wet cell battery and 4 felicity 280watt panel and another 2.5kva with 2 dry cell battery with 4 panel also

The 2.5kva was installed December last year to power all the bulbs in my apartment ( 8 pieces of 15watt bulb outside for security another 8 pieces of bulbs for inside) . Always on inverter both day and night except for a few days were I use normal nepa light for around 2 hours just to make sure the battery does not go bad

As for the 3.5kva felicity inverter, I have being using it since December 2022 to power fridge, freezer, fans and tv

So far so good it's being a worthwhile project for me
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Rejoice28(f): 4:51pm On Feb 18
Friends Jesus Christ loves y'all and he want you to accept him as your personal lord and saviour by giving your life to Christ, believing in him and repenting of your sins.remember tomorrow might be too late. Shalom

3 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Chijiokefbn: 4:52pm On Feb 18
Dyfynezz12:

Ok,thanks I reside at Abia state but I do come to Lagos frequently for business
I will check the person out
We have many people in Aba doing it naa.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Love800(m): 4:54pm On Feb 18
The solar panel charges ur battery which powers only ur freezer?

So u dont use solar energy for the rest appliances?
nikaShow:
I used the Mtn Lumos inverter for 5 years.

Paid it off and still using it 4 years later.

Never touched it, no fault at all.

It only powers light, charges phones and my laptop.

I now have added a solar freezer and its complete setup. Solar freezer works with only one battery but 3 solar panels.

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by franchasofficia: 4:55pm On Feb 18
ModCaller:

You got ripped.

You can get original 220ah for 220k - 250k. You can get original 80a mmpt charge controller for less than 150k. 350W used solar panel go for 55k - 60k.
You can get 220ah battery for 220k to 280k that's correct but I didn't buy just anyhow battery brand, I bought original luminous battery, find out the actual price in today Naira value.

I didn't buy 350w used Canadian mono solar panel, I bought 410w the type they usually change the rating sticker to 600w.

Nobody ripped me off because I am very street smart no matter what, and I have a very trusted cousin who sells at the market who also assisted after I got several quotations from both physical shops and those online.

But if you are sure you have original 220ah luminous battery for sale at 220,000 naira, check very well it's original, I will buy 2 more batteries direct from you because I want to install in another office soon
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Love800(m): 4:57pm On Feb 18
Sir.
Can solar work without inverter?
PotatoSalad:
Went solar last August.
No downtime in 6 months. It made me develop interest in smart home system. Now my house is fully automated. All DIY by me.
7.5kva inverter
10kwh LifePo4 battery.
6kw solar panels on the roof.

I feel this heat that everyone's been complaining only when I'm not at home.

I procrastinated for months before saying eff it and went shopping.
Entire setup cost 5.6m
One of my best investments so far.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by buttlover(m): 4:58pm On Feb 18
To me I prefer wind turbine. No stress.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Babaibeji2020(m): 4:58pm On Feb 18
Pedrocross4568:

I wonder at your question.

Living in a rented apartment shouldn't be an issue with you having a solar system.

Why do so many people keep having this wrong assumption that, you can't have solar system while living in a rented house?
Most landlords don't allow anything nailed to their roofs.......Are you gonna place the solar panels in the bedroom...?

1 Like

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Love800(m): 4:58pm On Feb 18
Raining season affects solar?
safarifarms:

Some people can be so pessimistic. My system is smaller and working fine for me during this dry season.

I am running a 1.5KVA system with 4x350W panels and 2x220aH batteries and my location (Farm) doesn't yet have electric poles. I power my freezer during the day time and night time is mostly laptop and lighting. I often use the laptop during the day too. However water is pumped with generator. I'm fine with this arrangement so far.

But I know I'll need to upgrade to at least 3.5KVA with 9 to 10 panels to be able to continue enjoying it as the rainy season is approaching.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Jeboy(m): 4:59pm On Feb 18
If not for my inverter which God gave me sense to invest in few years ago, I would have developed depression now.

During the day my fridge, lightning, fan and everything is covered.

At night I used the rechargeable fan and only need to recharge at about 1am.

Funny enough my inverter is already sold as the buyer will come for it when I am travelling.

1 Like

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by drerocker: 4:59pm On Feb 18
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. Considering the hike in Fuel and Nepa bill coupled with epileptic power supply in Naija. Now, guys using Solar energy instead of Nepa or Gen. How do you guys do it? What type do you use? How do you manage it? I'm thinking of using solar but i would like you to share your experience.
Even in Nigeria nepa staff de use solar

2 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Jeboy(m): 5:00pm On Feb 18
Do you have wind fairly available at all times and places in Nigeria?

buttlover:
To me I prefer wind turbine. No stress.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by miqos02(m): 5:00pm On Feb 18
Dyfynezz12:

But Boss can 2m get me this in this current economy
price range as at today

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Love800(m): 5:02pm On Feb 18
What is hybrid solar/wind energy?
Konquest:

That's Impressive.

The challenge with solar power is just the downtimes that come when the rainy season is in full swing or at night. Some folks do have hybrid solar/wind energy off-grid systems in place to mitigate against downtimes.

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by buttlover(m): 5:02pm On Feb 18
Jeboy:
Do you have wind fairly available at all times and places in Nigeria?

I live close to hinterland. Trees produces enough oxygen and aid in wind circulation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

Lion Attacks & Drags A Man Who Entered His Cage In South Africa (photos/video) / 50 Million Cannibal Crabs Shut Down Roads In Australia (Pictures, Video) / If Nigerians Had Found This Turtle, Could They Have Saved It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.