Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,587 members, 7,816,445 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. - Science/Technology (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. (57359 Views)

Jpmorgan Will Let Consumers Pay With Their Face Or Palm Instead Of A Card (pic) / Free Energy Charger System No Need For Nepa Or Solar / Using Solar Panel As Ups Main Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by LOVEGINO(m): 7:08pm On Feb 18
Love800:
U dont want solar?
I dey pay light bill. So it's of no use for now.

1 Like

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:08pm On Feb 18
nikaShow:
I used the Mtn Lumos inverter for 5 years. Powers all the bulbs in my house , charges my phones and laptops , charges a rechargeable standing fan.

Paid it off and still using it 4 years later. Total of 9 years it has served me now.

Never touched it, no fault at all.

One of my best investments.

I now have added a Bona solar freezer and its complete setup. Solar freezer works with only one battery but 3 solar panels.

I bought an inverter to switch from the freezer to light when everything in the freezer is ice block but the inverter almost always broke down so I just removed it completely.
Leaving the freezer on the one battery alone , 2 years running now and everything for my freezer na ice block.
I am still on grid, but I only use Nepa for Washing Machine, Blender and Microwave. I outsource my ironing to dry cleaner.
I have never owned a Generator.

Mehn, I love this analysis, but let me ask some questions

The MTN stuff, did you get an electrician to rewire your house? Will you advise one go for it nowadays? Does the MTN stuff come with panels, or how exactly does it work?

The bona freezer, does it come with the complete setup or what?

Finally, since you're still connected to NEPA, doesn't charging the inverter eat up the units, for those using prepaid?

Thanks in advance
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by stano2(m): 7:14pm On Feb 18
Lithium vs Lipo battery, which is better?
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by TheGift: 7:21pm On Feb 18
Love800:
What do u mean by inverter AC and inverter freezer?
Does it mean the main inverter dat powers the other appliances is different from inverter AC and inverter freezer?

They are energy saving and don’t consume as much as the regular ACs and Freezers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by TheGift: 7:22pm On Feb 18
JimohMomoh:

What's the name of the inverter deep freezer

Haier Thermocool. They also have fridge freezer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by PotatoSalad(m): 7:24pm On Feb 18
iamjagars:
How many hours does your battery last after 6pm ?

40% at 7am. With 4 hours of ac use at night

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Ogaonos: 7:26pm On Feb 18
matify83:
It's splendid!

I use a 3.5kva 12v kartel inverter and 4 220AH tubular batteries I connected in parallel to make 880AH.

I power virtually every thing in the house including an lg inverter AC for most of the afternoons , an lg inverter fridge/freezer and a bona solar chest freezer.

I've been fully off grid for going to 6 years by May and I don't have any regrets at all.

The installation was done DIY with little touch by my electrician.
what d difference BTW inverter and solar generator
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by NevetsIbot(m): 7:28pm On Feb 18
I just installed a 1.5kva solar system two days ago and I’m totally loving it. I can’t wait to get more funds to buy more panels and more batteries! I don’t even think about this BEDC bringing power or not
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by matify83: 7:29pm On Feb 18
Ogaonos:
what d difference BTW inverter and solar generator

Sorry, I'm not into solar generators.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by fashrola(m): 7:31pm On Feb 18
matify83:
It's splendid!

I use a 3.5kva 12v kartel inverter and 4 220AH tubular batteries I connected in parallel to make 880AH.

I power virtually every thing in the house including an lg inverter AC for most of the afternoons , an lg inverter fridge/freezer and a bona solar chest freezer.

I've been fully off grid for going to 6 years by May and I don't have any regrets at all.

How’s your experience with that Bona chest freezer?
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by ceetowl: 7:31pm On Feb 18
Greenfaces:
If youre an electricians and want to learn how to build this inverter, send me a dm

What type of wave is it
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by eventainment(m): 7:32pm On Feb 18
matify83:
It's splendid!

quick question, do you use pumping machine on it? What is the ssizze of your charge controllers? And what's the brand of batteries you are using.. And how do you manage the batteries? I have a setup like that but im yet to includde the remaining batteries plus awaiting funds to add to my panels

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by matify83: 7:38pm On Feb 18
fashrola:

How’s your experience with that Bona chest freezer?

4 Years on, no issues
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Adakintroy: 7:44pm On Feb 18
Alaba computer village them yakpa. If you want I go hook you up. Send to anywhere in Nigeria

Honest people full everywhere .na dishonest once no plenty sef
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Webleonaides(m): 7:44pm On Feb 18
Solar solutions are the best. Most expecially for those that have switched to Lithium ion phosphate batteries. Mehm! You will never understand the feeling until you switch...
I could show you road if you want cool
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Amsayvour2016(m): 7:47pm On Feb 18
@Truvelisback. That's what I do for a living. Amsavour Electrical Tech gat you. You can reach me on WhatsApp or call 08096630721, 08133436921. I am based in Lagos but work anywhere in Nigeria
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by BAMOFIN1: 7:53pm On Feb 18
matify83:
It's splendid!

Please which tubular battery brand do you use and how long can one hope to it? Also which brand do you know to be good and yet is not too costly?
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by matify83: 7:58pm On Feb 18
BAMOFIN1:

Please which tubular battery brand do you use and how long can one hope to it? Also which brand do you know to be good and yet is not too costly?

Most Indian brands should do.

They are mostly produced from the same source. It's Nigerians that give them the multiplicity of names you see in the market.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by BAMOFIN1: 8:01pm On Feb 18
nikaShow:
I used the Mtn Lumos inverter for 5 years. Powers all the bulbs in my house , charges my phones and laptops , charges a rechargeable standing fan.

Paid it off and still using it 4 years later. Total of 9 years it has served me now.

@Nikashow please what is the name of that battery

I now have added a Bona solar freezer and its complete setup. Solar freezer works with only one battery but 3 solar panels.

I bought an inverter to switch from the freezer to light when everything in the freezer is ice block but the inverter almost always broke down so I just removed it completely.

Leaving the freezer on the one battery alone , 2 years running now and everything for my freezer na ice block.

I am still on grid, but I only use Nepa for Washing Machine, Blender and Microwave. I outsource my ironing to dry cleaner.

@Nikashow what is the name of that battery, it's price and where to get it's original. I need to buy batteries this month end and I need guidance from someone already using a good one. Thanks.

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by BAMOFIN1: 8:02pm On Feb 18
matify83:

Most Indian brands should do.

They are mostly produced from the same source. It's Nigerians that give them the multiplicity of names you see in the market.
Thanks but I would have loved you, as an experienced user, to mention a brand or two based on your experience.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by NaMe4: 8:05pm On Feb 18
Makes a lot of sense.

Has been really great.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by matify83: 8:13pm On Feb 18
BAMOFIN1:

Thanks but I would have loved you, as an experienced user, to mention a brand or two based on your experience.

You are forcing me to reveal my brand.

Well I use Eastman tubular batteries.

Genus is equally very good.

The high end ones like Luminous and Sukam are superb but their cost is prohibitive.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by BAMOFIN1: 8:18pm On Feb 18
[quote author=nikaShow post=128516322]I used the Mtn Lumos inverter for 5 years. Powers all the bulbs in my house , charges my phones and laptops , charges a rechargeable standing fan.

[/quote
@nikashow pls what is the brand/name of that red battery you have used for 2 years ?
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by BAMOFIN1: 8:21pm On Feb 18
matify83:

You are forcing me to reveal my brand.

Well I use Eastman tubular batteries.

Genus is equally very good.

The high end ones like Luminous and Sukam are superb but their cost is prohibitive.
I appreciate. I will research both. Thanks.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Geovanni412(m): 8:31pm On Feb 18
TheGift:

I stay in a duplex. I am installing a 3.6 kva inverter with solar which can carry two 1 hsp inverter acs, 1 inverter deep freezer, Smart TV, 20 laptops, 4-6 fans and over 20 energy saving bulbs for about 3m+

It’s not about the type or size of the house but what you want to power.

True

Wasn't referring to 3.6 kva, but rather 7kva

That is what would be enough to power AC and Borehole in addition
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by anu3: 8:32pm On Feb 18
franchasofficia:
Keep using the one you are using, with time you will upgrade because things will get better for you

Yeah thanks... But that gel is also serving very well with an mppt controller, though.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by uwadia79(m): 8:36pm On Feb 18
Dyfynezz12:

But Boss can 2m get me this in this current economy
yes
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Greenfaces: 8:39pm On Feb 18
ceetowl:

What type of wave is it

There are two. One is modified square wave and the other is pure sine wave.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by anu3: 8:41pm On Feb 18
AnonimusdeTerra:
Good day sir. How much would it cost to power a single room using 2 laptops, 2 mobile phones and a standing fan?

Roughly 250 - 300 if you're doing it yourself.

100 ah battery (around 100 - 120k)
30ah MPPT controller (around 70k)... or get the common small PWM one for 7k for a start.
300 - 400 watt panel (50 - 70k)
And wiring...
1000 watt inverter: 25 - 30k. (or pure sine wave like 70k above)

Peace...

2 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Yorubafonja: 8:43pm On Feb 18
drlateef:

You can find 3Kw 12V on Jumia. They are very cheap. Not sure of durability.
I'm not looking for I mean they are not efficient
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by TheGift: 8:49pm On Feb 18
Geovanni412:

True

Wasn't referring to 3.6 kva, but rather 7kva

That is what would be enough to power AC and Borehole in addition

Oh boy, the borehole and water pump should wait first.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Geovanni412(m): 8:54pm On Feb 18
TheGift:

Oh boy, the borehole and water pump should wait first.

Correct guy

It is a project you start gradually.

Then as more money enters, you scale it up to meet your comfort levels

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed / Rare Mutant Two-Headed Rattlesnake Found In Arizona, US (Photos) / Meet The Southern Titan! Huge Dinosaur The Same Length As Basketball Court (Pix)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.