Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? (23498 Views)

how jonathan a biafra built amalgamation tower of biafra/north that cause war / Most Expensive And Luxurious Presidential Planes In The World. / Why Billionaire Jet Owners Refuse To Register Their Planes In Nigeria – Investig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Onlytruth(m): 6:29pm On Nov 10, 2011
Posted by: Ileke-IdI

So what stops SE'ners 50+yrs after? They could have continued with the construction of air planes. That's serious business if you ask me. It's not onto Nigeria alone.

What stopped us is Nigeria and her inherent contradictions.

Through the years, the Nigerian govt ensured that such things are either sabotaged directly, or pushed to the North where (of course) it would die a natural death.

But to prove that we are still very much in the business of technology, look at these boys!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-798602.0.html
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by TomFord: 6:30pm On Nov 10, 2011
Is it just me?beaf seems to have nigeria's interest at heart(at least as far as this topic goes) @topic,how many defence contractors exist&are fully operational in nigeria?
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 10, 2011
Onlytruth:

What stopped us is Nigeria and her inherent contradictions.

Through the years, the Nigerian govt ensured that such things are either sabotaged directly, or pushed to the North where (of course) it would die a natural death.

But to prove that we are still very much in the business of technology, look at these boys!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-798602.0.html

Now that the North is not in power anymore, such technological inspiration should be picked back up.

Aint it sad when you have Nigerians winning such awards outside of Nigeria, yet not doing anything with it in the western world. Then you have Nigerians trying to do sth in Nigeria, yet it fails.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Onlytruth(m): 6:35pm On Nov 10, 2011
Here are the boys! cool

Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 10, 2011
Onlytruth:

Here are the boys! cool

An hausa man one-handedly invented one of the best 21st century cars in american about 3 yrs ago.
Cant remember the thread, you can search for it if you want. kiss
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Onlytruth(m): 6:38pm On Nov 10, 2011
Never even mind the Nigerian govt.
Consider JEALOUS Nigerians who can't even put that thread on the front page to make the whole nation proud.
Also consider other Nigerians who decided to poo on that thread as if it was a mean feat to attend a competition that no other black nation has ever attended.

Nigeria is even only the second African nation after Egypt to attend.

So, Nigerians have to search themselves.

He who holds another to the ground, holds himself too.

Buy Innoson for starters.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by chino11(m): 6:39pm On Nov 10, 2011
Dede1:

At least, it was a glorified firecracker designed to scare rather than cause serious damage. Some bombs manufactured during the WW2 were glorified dummies.

"Abagana Ambush

On March 31, 1968: Biafran army won their biggest battle. by ambushing and destroying a 96-vehicle column of Nigerian soldiers with locally hand made bomb called [Ogbunigwe or bucket bomb]. The humiliating Abagana defeat to Nigerian soldiers prompted General Yakubu Gowon to remove Col. Murtala Mohammed as the General Commanding Officer of the Onitsha sector.
"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abagana

So research before you post rubbish.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Onlytruth(m): 6:42pm On Nov 10, 2011

An hausa man one-handedly invented one of the best 21st century cars in american about 3 yrs ago.
Cant remember the thread, you can search for it if you want.

I hope you don't think that I would be sad for the bolded achievement by that genuis Hausa dude.
Babe, you have no idea how proud I am and happy for him as a Nigerian.

The problem with Nigerians is extreme wickedness and zero-sum mindset.
We need the Nigerian govt to liberate the creative genius of Nigerians irrespective of where they from in Nigeria.
Though something tells me that if the Nigerian govt does that, my folks would kick a-s-s. cool
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 10, 2011
Onlytruth:

I hope you don't think that I would be sad for the bolded achievement by that genuis Hausa dude.
Babe, you have no idea how proud I am and happy for him as a Nigerian.

The problem with Nigerians is extreme wickedness and zero-sum mindset.
We need the Nigerian govt to liberate the creative genius of Nigerians irrespective of where they from in Nigeria.
Though something tells me that if the Nigerian govt does that, my folks would kick a-s-s. cool

That was not an attempt to make you care, much less sad.
Just a statement to prove that nigerians achieve outside of Nigeria what they cannot dream of achieving inside of Nigeria. Nigeria is not ready for technology development. How many Engineers are in GEJ's cabinet, for instance.

Look around NL for how may Nigerians won awards for this and that outside of Nigeria?
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by dayokanu(m): 6:48pm On Nov 10, 2011
Cos warfare speedens up inventions

There were more inventions in the world between 1938 and 1945 than any other 6yr period

Also check the speed of invention/defence budgets in the cold war times vs nowadays
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by nolongTing: 6:51pm On Nov 10, 2011
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by homerac7: 6:57pm On Nov 10, 2011
@ Ileke-idi

lol. Aircraft part manufacturing no b moi-moi o! It's an advanced art wc Nigerian hav attained theoretically, but infrastructure is not there. It's capital intensive and very hi-tech. High tech industry is very very political, u don't just go it alone, even ur country must arm twist to get market for u.

@ all

On d Nigerian guy dt did d GM car design, I think its erroneous to describe him dt way because I believe there's something u call a "design TEAM". That he heads d design team doesn't make him d sole designer. I'm also aware dt even smaller corporations hav teams for such core tasks, even if it were dt his design firm dt did it. But I may just b wrong
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Dede1(m): 6:59pm On Nov 10, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

An hausa man one-handedly invented one of the best 21st century cars in american about 3 yrs ago. Cant remember the thread, you can search for it if you want. kiss

This is arrant nonsense. A well-skewed bold face lie from a person afflicted with mental feebleness. The Hausa dude did not single-handedly sketch the vehicle in question. Rather he was among the GM studio designers who drew the sketch of Chevrolet Volt. This car is not even best designed car in USA talk less of the world.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 10, 2011
homerac7:

@ Ileke-idi

lol. Aircraft part manufacturing no b moi-moi o! It's an advanced art wc Nigerian hav attained theoretically, but infrastructure is not there. It's capital intensive and very hi-tech. High tech industry is very very political, u don't just go it alone, even your country must arm twist to get market for u.

I see, everything is very political.
Will GEJ (a non-Norther/ SW'ner) president change that aspect for the better?
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Dede1(m): 7:03pm On Nov 10, 2011
chino11:

"Abagana Ambush

On March 31, 1968: Biafran army won their biggest battle. by ambushing and destroying a 96-vehicle column of Nigerian soldiers with locally hand made bomb called [Ogbunigwe or bucket bomb]. The humiliating Abagana defeat to Nigerian soldiers prompted General Yakubu Gowon to remove Col. Murtala Mohammed as the General Commanding Officer of the Onitsha sector.
"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abagana

So research before you post rubbish.

Bros, what do you want me to say when few ill-informed and loudmouthed trolls seemed desperate to belittle the achievement of Biafra through the famed Ogbunigwe
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by homerac7: 7:28pm On Nov 10, 2011
Oops! Looks like its a solo effort for Jelani Aliyu.

@ Ileke-idi,

We neva start at all. It will take a serious national strategy to do dt over time. But we can start by compelling Serria Leone, Ghana, Gambia, Liberia, Niger ,, Benin and Togo to patronize Innoson brand to guarantee some of d free benefits dey enjoy. It's how everyone does it.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by GAR3TH(m): 7:33pm On Nov 10, 2011
Why do people constantly glorify basic, unnecessary information. Is there some kind of competition on this site in which one tries to out do another? Biafra did not in any way build any aircraft nor was the Ogbunigwe anything spectacular, it was a glorified exhaust pipe. We all have computer so why don't people use them to get REAL information instead of the one written with sentiments. If anything your just making yourself look immature and bringing down biafra's name.

BTW Nigeria does produce its own aircraft (trainer) called the air beetle. though we only assemble them from parts brought over from Oregon.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 10, 2011
Dede1:

Bros, what do you want me to say when few ill-informed and loudmouthed trolls seemed desperate to belittle the achievement of Biafra through the famed Ogbunigwe

It is what it is. Ogbunigwe would have been an impressive weapon if the war was in 1867 and not 1967. The mallams would have shouted Allah Akbar at the sight of ogbunigwe, but in 1967 it was like bringing a cudgel to a gunfight.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by aljharem(m): 7:46pm On Nov 10, 2011
GAR3TH:

Why do people constantly glorify basic, unnecessary information. Is there some kind of competition on this site in which one tries to out do another? [size=17pt]Biafra did not in any way build any aircraft nor was the Ogbunigwe anything spectacular,[size=33pt] it was a glorified exhaust pipe[/size][/size]. We all have computer so why don't people use them to get REAL information instead of the one written with sentiments. If anything your just making yourself look immature and bringing down biafra's name.
BTW Nigeria does produce its own aircraft (trainer) called the air beetle. though we only assemble them from parts brought over from Oregon.

thank you, that is why it is best you allow them to delude themselves in self appraisal

it is funny isn't it
here is the anti air craft missile they are shouting about

just disgracing Nigeria all over with there false claim

any non- Nigerian would think it is one big tecnological feet just like the Jewish scientist or Nazi ones
[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSw1m7ibkz26VohdOfb6XIDxYlrkGoh5Pn3glOUXBfLyLhyIZn1[/img]
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Dede1(m): 8:02pm On Nov 10, 2011
Aigbofa:

It is what it is. Ogbunigwe would have been an impressive weapon if the war was in 1867 and not 1967. The mallams would have shouted Allah Akbar at the sight of ogbunigwe, but in 1967 it was like bringing a cudgel to a gunfight.

You are a very funny chap. The folks on the receiving end of damage the famed ogbunigwe commanded thought about it as bringing, at least, six-shooter to DAO’s gunfight.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Dede1(m): 8:06pm On Nov 10, 2011
alj harem:

thank you, that is why it is best you allow them to delude themselves in self appraisal

it is funny isn't it
here is the anti air craft missile they are shouting about

just disgracing Nigeria all over with there false claim

any non- Nigerian would think it is one big tecnological feet just like the Jewish scientist or Nazi ones
[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSw1m7ibkz26VohdOfb6XIDxYlrkGoh5Pn3glOUXBfLyLhyIZn1[/img]

What a loser!! A farmhand such as you could not differentiate a land mine ordinance from a missile.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by PHIPEX(m): 8:20pm On Nov 10, 2011
I asked this question in the first place not because am interested in glorifing Biafran achievements but for us to see that Nigeria really has all it takes to "colonise" Africa economically. No matter how crude these technological inventions were, I believe that if they were improved on, some of them could hv emmerged as some of the wonders of the world.
Can we find a way to directly get across to those in power to explain why they allow our local inventors to die off while we go about patronising Made-in-china products as if they were produced by angels. Some of our locally made goods has been simply branded "Aba made" just to cast aspersions on them.
Why should we allow tribal sentiments to kill our enterprenueral ingenuity?
Why are we busy destroying locally made refinaries when our govts can't give us a better one?
Why should we simply forget a great inventor just because he is an "aboki" who is not supposed to invent anything good except Boko Haram bombs?
Why has Seun or whoever is in charge refused to move this topic to front page or is it because its about Biafra?
God save Nigeria!
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Onlytruth(m): 8:23pm On Nov 10, 2011
People just want to be mischievous.

Ogbunigwe was not a single weapon. It simply means "mass killer" or bomb in Igbo. It came in different designs, shapes and missions. The most popular one (the Ojukwu bucket) came from an attempt to invent an anti-aircraft weapon. It ended up as a ground anti-personnel and anti armored vehicle weapon. One only needs to know that it killed enough Nigerian soldiers to earn its own respect.

There was the guided missile version used mainly to target vessels on the Niger or far off. It helped foil most of the attempts by the Nigerians to cross the river Niger.

Then of course there was the Biafran shore batteries which I don't know how effective they were.
All the same, like Beaf said, the main thing to learn is that they were all products of self belief and determination; both attributes are almost non-existent in current Nigeria.
Methinks it is also cultural because Igbo generally have that. Other Nigerians can copy that, but they would rather hate and sabotage Igbo than copy from us.

All European groups never delved into technology simultaneously. The Greeks started European interest in technology by stealing from Egyptian knowledge. Others copied.
In Nigeria, they kill instead of copy.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by aljharem(m): 8:26pm On Nov 10, 2011
Dede1:

What a loser!! A farmhand such as you could not differentiate a land mine ordinance from a missile.

Why are you calling me a Losser

you are calling that an anti-aircraft missile launcher ?

abeg go siddon for one corner
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by abouzaid: 9:38pm On Nov 10, 2011
I'm using a phone so i can't post links, but just google "biafran made missiles" and u would get recent papers on the ogbunigwe presented in lagos this yr by the biafran head of science and technology unit and the biafran attempt to build a radioactive bomb and how it was strangely sabotaged as reported by the sun newspaper. The newspaper article also gave the reason why the OBJ regime failed to go into a missile technology development treaty with north korea. Only a fool will think that nigera will ever progress with our present crop of clueless,white Bottom licking rulers
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by aljharem(m): 9:47pm On Nov 10, 2011
abouzaid:

I'm using a phone so i can't post links, but just google "biafran made missiles" and u would get recent papers on the ogbunigwe presented in lagos this yr by the biafran head of science and technology unit and the biafran attempt to build a radioactive bomb and how it was strangely sabotaged as reported by the sun newspaper. The newspaper article also gave the reason why the OBJ regime failed to go into a missile technology development[b] treaty with north korea[/b]. Only a fool will think that nigera will ever progress with our present crop of clueless,white Bottom licking rulers 

rantsa grin grin

you people aha

Ok ,

1. How would baifra build a radioactive bomb ? Where did they get a fast live radioactive material from ? haba take am easy na. It could not have been imported neither could it have been mined because there are no radioactive materials in the south not to talk of east.

You usually find radioactive material with gold along side Lead ( thus the last half life)

Uranium can be found in bauchi, sokoto, borno and kano.

2. why would OBJ a military man want to sabotage a missile program ? I know what you mean though but I don't see him doing it, although he might have done it.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by htajz: 10:42pm On Nov 10, 2011
na wa for abd belle people , we should be discussing how we can at least start inventing again or continue from where biafra stopped rather than cows like alhaji harem trying to discredit it.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Dede1(m): 11:19pm On Nov 10, 2011
alj harem:

Why are you calling me a Losser

you are calling that an anti-aircraft missile launcher ?

abeg go siddon for one corner

Because you are being disingenuously naïve. Ogbunigwe was not missile. It was a powerful landmine incorporated with electro-detonator. It also seconded as maritime mines for anti-ship.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by nolongTing: 11:48pm On Nov 10, 2011
PHIPEX:

I asked this question in the first place not because am interested in glorifing Biafran achievements but for us to see that Nigeria really has all it takes to "colonise" Africa economically. No matter how crude these technological inventions were, I believe that if they were improved on, some of them could hv emmerged as some of the wonders of the world.
Can we find a way to directly get across to those in power to explain why they allow our local inventors to die off while we go about patronising Made-in-china products as if they were produced by angels. Some of our locally made goods has been simply branded "Aba made" just to cast aspersions on them.
Why should we allow tribal sentiments to kill our enterprenueral ingenuity?
Why are we busy destroying locally made refinaries when our govts can't give us a better one?
Why should we simply forget a great inventor just because he is an "aboki" who is not supposed to invent anything good except Boko Haram bombs?
Why has Seun or whoever is in charge refused to move this topic to front page or is it because its about Biafra?
God save Nigeria!

[size=18pt]Surely you are joking! [/size]

I was the first person to reply to your thread, then my second response was:--

nolongTing:

over 3 hours ago I asked a simple question:

Can you provide us with photographic evidence and technological details of the Planes you are talking about please.

Any takers?

And still you have provided NOTHING! Surely before you start such a thread you will have plenty of information and evidence to back it up.  Just mouthing off about Bafra's so-called technological achievements without evidence is a JOKE.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Beaf: 2:19am On Nov 11, 2011
Tom Ford:

Is it just me?beaf seems to have nigeria's interest at heart(at least as far as this topic goes) @topic,how many defence contractors exist&are fully operational in nigeria?

Lol! Don't be fooled by the snakes on and outside NL.

How many of those people can join hands to create a site anybody can tap into and access FREE technology (including, yes. . . inventions) for any use they deem fit? All because we want to see the common man grow, to see communities actually dabble into technology as a means of self enrichment and growth. How many of those snake oil merchants can do that?

No be maut, go and explore for yourself at: www.afrosciencecommunity.com

The website will take off before the end of this year.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Onlytruth(m): 2:53am On Nov 11, 2011
Posted by: Beaf

Lol! Don't be fooled by the snakes on and outside NL.

How many of those people can join hands to create a site anybody can tap into and access FREE technology (including, yes. . . inventions) for any use they deem fit? All because we want to see the common man grow, to see communities actually dabble into technology as a means of self enrichment and growth. How many of those snake oil merchants can do that?

No be maut, go and explore for yourself at: www.afrosciencecommunity.com

The website will take off before the end of this year.

Beaf, do you by any chance have any training or background in embedded system programming? Can you program micro controllers? I have a reason for asking.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Jenifa1: 2:58am On Nov 11, 2011
can you post pictures of the planes?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Explosion Hits Baga Road, Maiduguri / Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP / Ortom: President Buhari Ignored My Invitation To Benue Over Herdsmen Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.