Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? (23497 Views)

how jonathan a biafra built amalgamation tower of biafra/north that cause war / Most Expensive And Luxurious Presidential Planes In The World. / Why Billionaire Jet Owners Refuse To Register Their Planes In Nigeria – Investig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by lagcity(m): 7:52pm On Nov 11, 2011
afam4eva:

Has Nigeria modified anyone? It's easy only for mouth. Go and create a match stick and i'll hail you.

But Nigeria doesn't need to. We have access to whatever planes we need and we are not fighting any war as underdogs. Did Biafrans modify any planes b4 the war?
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Obiagu1(m): 7:54pm On Nov 11, 2011
afam4eva:

Has Nigeria modified anyone? It's easy only for mouth. Go and create a match stick and i'll hail you.

Don't mind them. Tomorrow when you tell them that the first indigenous auto and computer company was in the East, they'll tell you that South Korea had been making them so it's no news. Silly!
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Obiagu1(m): 8:00pm On Nov 11, 2011
lagcity:

[b]But Nigeria doesn't need to. We have access to whatever planes we need [/b]and we are not fighting any war as underdogs. Did Biafrans modify any planes b4 the war?

. . . like they don't need to make anything today that's why most goods manufactured in Nigeria are "Aba made".
Where's Akure made?

All you folks know is to write off things as if it's no big deal but show me yours to prove it's no big deal!
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by lagcity(m): 8:05pm On Nov 11, 2011
Obiagu1:

Don't mind them. Tomorrow when you tell them that the first indigenous auto and computer company was in the East, they'll tell you that South Korea had been making them so it's no news. Silly!

I'm sure nobody in their right mind would tell you it is not something as long as you don't lie and tell them that they made their own chips and that assemling computers is a miracle in the 21st century. It is the lies that tick ppl off. State the achievement correctly and move on. No need to stretch the truth.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Obiagu1(m): 8:08pm On Nov 11, 2011
lagcity:

I'm sure nobody in their right mind would tell you it is not something as long as you don't lie and tell them that they made their own chips and that assemling computers is a miracle in the 21st century. It is the lies that tick ppl off. State the achievement correctly and move on. No need to stretch the truth.

I talked about computer company and you're telling me about chips
How many computer companies make their own chips?

It's a computer company and not micro-chip company.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by lagcity(m): 8:14pm On Nov 11, 2011
Obiagu1:

. . . like they don't need to make anything today that's why most goods manufactured in Nigeria are "Aba made".
Where's Akure made?

All you folks know is to write off things as if it's no big deal but show me yours to prove it's no big deal!

Nobody will write off anything as long as you folks don't lie about it. But that too much to ask from you folks as we all know.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by lagcity(m): 8:24pm On Nov 11, 2011
Obiagu1:

I talked about computer company and you're telling me about chips
How many computer companies make their own chips?

It's a computer company and not micro-chip company.

Stop the diversion. Stop pretending like you don't know what i'm saying. I said nobody will insult you if you don't add Jara to whatever you make. We know that it is a computer company but tomorrow, folks like you will come here and tell us that they not only assembled computers but also made an improvement to Intel's best chips cheesy cheesy. I know you folks very well cheesy cheesy.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by tsadiq(m): 8:40pm On Nov 11, 2011
lagcity:

Stop the diversion. Stop pretending like you don't know what i'm saying. I said nobody will insult you if you don't add Jara to whatever you make. We know that it is a computer company but tomorrow, folks like you will come here and tell us that they not only assembled computers but also made an improvement to Intel's best chips cheesy cheesy. I know you folks very well cheesy cheesy.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Onlytruth(m): 10:00pm On Nov 11, 2011
When I say that an average One Nigerianist is basically daft, it would seem as if I'm insulting them. Now I'm praying for any foreigner reading this to follow the flow of the exchange below.

Posted by: Obiagu1 -Biafran/Eastern Nigerian

Nobody made a false claim, the OP asked a question, but Biafrans corrected him on what was actually done.
Everyone seem to ignore were such claims were corrected by Dede and co. including me.

If anyone thinks that modifying a plane is easy, let him try it in 2011.

His position is supported by another Easterner below:

Posted by: afam4eva

Now here is a One Nigerianist:

Posted by: lagcity

[b]But Nigeria doesn't need to. [/b]We have access to whatever planes we need and we are not fighting any war as underdogs. Did Biafrans modify any planes b4 the war?

How can anyone from a country claiming giant status make this type of daft statement

I am truly befuddled.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Onlytruth(m): 10:04pm On Nov 11, 2011
@jason123

Why do you always 5hit your pants anytime you see an Ogoni or Ijaw support Biafra?
Do you think folks from Eastern minority are too foolish to see the FACTS for themselves?
You would be shocked when the final 5hit hits the fan. cool
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Obiagu1(m): 10:15pm On Nov 11, 2011
Onlytruth:

How can anyone from a country claiming giant status make this type of daft statement

I am truly befuddled.

Don't mind them.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Onlytruth(m): 10:34pm On Nov 11, 2011
Posted by: Obiagu1

Don't mind them.

I'm confused and worried because Nigeria claims to be the giant of Africa. Biafra by 2011 would have been launching its own satellites and intercontinental ballistic missiles. Does Nigeria do either today? Answer is NO.

I've often said that Israel is the Giant of the Middle East. In fact Isreal is IMHO the most innovative country in terms of military technology apart from US. Even Russia and China beg Israel for certain military asset.
Size has nothing to do with innovation. Biafra would have continued in the path of technology. No doubt about that. Giant status is acquired. It is not automatic. I would rather have the type of Israeli giant than the Nigerian one. cool
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Dede1(m): 10:43pm On Nov 11, 2011
lagcity:

But Nigeria doesn't need to. We have access to whatever planes we need and we are not fighting any war as underdogs. Did Biafrans modify any planes b4 the war?

If you have any human brain cells in the skull you would have realized that Biafra existed as a peaceful country for only 1 month and 5 days when Nigeria visited with war.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Dawgpound: 11:02pm On Nov 11, 2011
@Jason. Please mind how u address me. One more unruly outburst from you and I will reduce to nothing.

Quit displaying your rabid ignorance. U are full of bias and yes even hate and I can read it all. The same Ogonis that hated Biafra and Igbos also produced Kogbara and Kobani who supported Biafra. Do u see how moronik u come off using certain incidents to prove your point? Like Onlytruth asked why do u shyt in ur pants @ the thought of non-Igbo Easterners supporting Biafra? River state was created by Gowon not by Ogoni ppl so we are not responsible for it. You really give to much credit to the Ogoni please. Asika, Elechi Amadi, Ike Nwachukwu were Igbos who fought against Biafra so are all Igbos now responsible for their actions? Banjo fought for Biafra so are all Yorubas responsible for his action? You don't know anything about my people and the contribution they made in Biafra. You don't my family either. The Ijo, Ogoni, even Igbo sabos who fought for Nigeria were given more power and clout. Many of us nurse pro-Biafra feelings but do so in silence due to our fear that we may not be able to withstand the onslaught of Nigerian murderers. Ken Wiwa had his personal hatred towards the Igbo but even apologized for it so u really can't throw it in our faces anymore. The Igbo can't even use that against us because he made his peace with them before he died. Wiwa is Wiwa and Ogoni is Ogoni. He might be the most popular or widely known Ogoni man but he didn't represent many of us. Kobani and Kogbara are my heroes not Wiwa but I appreciate his efforts in the 90s to save Ogoni land. He did a lot for us too. Its a shame he realized his mistakes in the past. Even his fellow Ogoni threw him under the bus and FG killed him so please hold it right there.

Main thing here is that Nigeria haven't achieved anything the Biafrans were able to achieve and u should be ashamed of yourselves. Ogoni land is part of the Eastern region. If trouble hits and we have to flee won't we seek refuge in Ijo, Igbo and Ibibio land?

My family during the war took refuge deep in Ibibio land and when that side became too hot many hid in Igbo land. During the Abacha onslaught against us in the 90s, Ogoni land was not safe guess what some of my ppl ended up Enugu capital and my cousin who had a job in Asaba housed his fam. Its silly and laughable how u assume that every Ogoni man believed in Wiwa. Some of us went with Wiwa while other went with Kobani, Kogbara. Truth be told many Ogoni were more pro-Biafra. Don't be fooled by Saro-wiwa who had the protection and support of the FG to be anti-Biafra. If FG could kill off 3 million Easterners what do u think they could have done to a mere less than 250,000 of us? Please be quiet.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Dede1(m): 11:04pm On Nov 11, 2011
lagcity:

What lie are you talking about in this lengthy discuss? Biafra manufactured Ogbunigwe which was electro-detonated landmine capable of destroying a column of motorized battalion even though the detractors kept refereeing to ogbunigwe as surface-to-air missile. No supporter of Biafra ever said ogbunigwe was a missile.

Biafra did not manufacture any war-plane but retrofitted some DC3 and WW2 bi-planes with bomb pods. Biafra converted flat Bedford truck into a fearsome-looking armored vehicle.

In the same era, Biafra was able to convert palm-oil into diesel before USA starts tweaking with corn to produce fuel in the 70s.      

The only people injecting unfounded crap into this debate are the moronic dullards.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by odumchi: 11:44pm On Nov 11, 2011
Necessity is the mother of invention.

They [Biafrans] lacked Refined fuel, so what did they do? They refined their own petrol and experimented with biofeul.
They lacked weapons so they constructed homemade rockets, mortars and crude artillery pieces.
They needed armored vehicles so they outfitted vehicles with metal sheets and tracks.
They initially had no airforce and what did they do? They built planes and recruited European volunteer pilots to fly for them.

It might be interesting to add that at the beginning of the war, Biafra had only 130 or so rifles but through ingenuity and proper management they held out for 3 years.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Dawgpound: 11:54pm On Nov 11, 2011
Its simple. They made achievements during a dangerous period and were under pressure. Nigeria for the past 50 years can't boast of anything except inflated sense of superiority over poorer nations like Somalia, Ethiopia, etc. If not for hatred and deep ethnic mistrust Nigerians would have been eager to tap into these talents for our betterment. The Jasons among them would rather drown in poverty, backwardness than see indigenous made oil refineries, products, all because the idea is coming from a certain section of the country. I weep at the thought of being stuck together with such crabs.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Onlytruth(m): 11:59pm On Nov 11, 2011
Posted by: Dawgpound

@Jason. Please mind how u address me. One more unruly outburst from you and I will reduce to nothing.

Quit displaying your rabid ignorance. U are full of bias and yes even hate and I can read it all. The same Ogonis that hated Biafra and Igbos also produced Kogbara and Kobani who supported Biafra. Do u see how moronik u come off using certain incidents to prove your point? Like Onlytruth asked why do u shyt in your pants @ the thought of non-Igbo Easterners supporting Biafra? River state was created by Gowon not by Ogoni ppl so we are not responsible for it. You really give to much credit to the Ogoni please. Asika, Elechi Amadi, Ike Nwachukwu were Igbos who fought against Biafra so are all Igbos now responsible for their actions? Banjo fought for Biafra so are all Yorubas responsible for his action? You don't know anything about my people and the contribution they made in Biafra. You don't my family either. The Ijo, Ogoni, even Igbo sabos who fought for Nigeria were given more power and clout. Many of us nurse pro-Biafra feelings but do so in silence due to our fear that we may not be able to withstand the onslaught of Nigerian murderers. Ken Wiwa had his personal hatred towards the Igbo but even apologized for it so u really can't throw it in our faces anymore. The Igbo can't even use that against us because he made his peace with them before he died. Wiwa is Wiwa and Ogoni is Ogoni. He might be the most popular or widely known Ogoni man but he didn't represent many of us. Kobani and Kogbara are my heroes not Wiwa but I appreciate his efforts in the 90s to save Ogoni land. He did a lot for us too. Its a shame he realized his mistakes in the past. Even his fellow Ogoni threw him under the bus and FG killed him so please hold it right there.

Main thing here is that Nigeria haven't achieved anything the Biafrans were able to achieve and u should be ashamed of yourselves. Ogoni land is part of the Eastern region. If trouble hits and we have to flee won't we seek refuge in Ijo, Igbo and Ibibio land?

My family during the war took refuge deep in Ibibio land and when that side became too hot many hid in Igbo land. During the Abacha onslaught against us in the 90s, Ogoni land was not safe guess what some of my ppl ended up Enugu capital and my cousin who had a job in Asaba housed his fam. Its silly and laughable how u assume that every Ogoni man believed in Wiwa. Some of us went with Wiwa while other went with Kobani, Kogbara. Truth be told many Ogoni were more pro-Biafra. Don't be fooled by Saro-wiwa who had the protection and support of the FG to be anti-Biafra. If FG could kill off 3 million Easterners what do u think they could have done to a mere less than 250,000 of us? Please be quiet.

My name is Onlytruth, and I endorse this message. cool cool cool
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by jason123: 1:27am On Nov 12, 2011
Dawgpound:

Quit displaying your rabid ignorance. U are full of bias and yes even hate and I can read it all. The same Ogonis that hated Biafra and Igbos also produced Kogbara and Kobani who supported Biafra. Do u see how moronik u come off using certain incidents to prove your point? Like Onlytruth asked why do u shyt in your pants @ the thought of non-Igbo Easterners supporting Biafra? River state was created by Gowon not by Ogoni ppl so we are not responsible for it. You really give to much credit to the Ogoni please. Asika, Elechi Amadi, Ike Nwachukwu were Igbos who fought against Biafra so are all Igbos now responsible for their actions? Banjo fought for Biafra so are all Yorubas responsible for his action? You don't know anything about my people and the contribution they made in Biafra. You don't my family either. The Ijo, Ogoni, even Igbo sabos who fought for Nigeria were given more power and clout. Many of us nurse pro-Biafra feelings but do so in silence due to our fear that we may not be able to withstand the onslaught of Nigerian murderers. Ken Wiwa had his personal hatred towards the Igbo but even apologized for it so u really can't throw it in our faces anymore. The Igbo can't even use that against us because he made his peace with them before he died. Wiwa is Wiwa and Ogoni is Ogoni. He might be the most popular or widely known Ogoni man but he didn't represent many of us. Kobani and Kogbara are my heroes not Wiwa but I appreciate his efforts in the 90s to save Ogoni land. He did a lot for us too. Its a shame he realized his mistakes in the past. Even his fellow Ogoni threw him under the bus and FG killed him so please hold it right there.

Dawgpound:

Its simple. They made achievements during a dangerous period and were under pressure. Nigeria for the past 50 years can't boast of anything except inflated sense of superiority over poorer nations like Somalia, Ethiopia, etc. If not for hatred and deep ethnic mistrust Nigerians would have been eager to tap into these talents for our betterment. The Jasons among them would rather drown in poverty, backwardness than see indigenous made oil refineries, products, all because the idea is coming from a certain section of the country. I weep at the thought of being stuck together with such crabs.

Oh boy, you this guy, stop twisting my words.
Who said anything about killing Easterners and all? Guy, Let's go back to the genesis. You said many of the antagonist were from the West of Edo state. I debunked it. You came up with the Ogoni twist to it, I debunked that again. Now you are talking about killing 250,000 Ogonis shocked

@highlighted
You are funny. Did I not prove that Nigeria built their airplane with pictures and articles?? Where are the airplanes Biafrans built when Ojukwu himself did not mention anything about airplanes. Propaganda upon propaganda. Btw, how does my stance translate to "hate" on "Easterners" (whatever that means). You are indeed very funny. I'll leave you at that, since I see that this is/was an emotional thread for the "Ogonis". *hisses*
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Onlytruth(m): 1:50am On Nov 12, 2011
^^
I hope you enjoyed the lesson from a REAL EASTERNER.
You think all of us are foools.
Lick your wounds silently and leave us alone. Biafra did it (modified planes in 1967). Nigeria HAS NOT done so by 2011.
FACT OF HISTORY. End of story. cool
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by jason123: 1:53am On Nov 12, 2011
Onlytruth:

^^
I hope you enjoyed the lesson from a REAL EASTERNER.
You think all of us are foools.
Lick your wounds silently and leave us alone. Biafra did it (modified planes in 1967). Nigeria HAS NOT done so by 2011.
FACT OF HISTORY. End of story. cool

grin grin grin
Some of you guys are way way emotional from my liking. . . .
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by odumchi: 1:55am On Nov 12, 2011
jason123:

Who said anything about killing Easterners and all? Guy, Let's go back to the genesis. You said many of the antagonist were from the West of Edo state. I debunked it. You came up with the Ogoni twist to it, I debunked that again. Now you are talking about killing 250,000 Ogonis shocked

@highlighted
You are funny. Did I not prove that Nigeria built their airplane with pictures and articles?? Where are the airplanes Biafrans built when Ojukwu himself did not mention anything about airplanes. Propaganda upon propaganda. Btw, how does my stance translate to "hate" on "Easterners" (whatever that means). You are indeed very funny. I'll leave you at that, since I see that this is/was an emotional thread for the "Ogonis". *hisses*

In response to the bolded, Jason please start at 6:00.
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQkIQuK7A50&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/flash]
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Obiagu1(m): 2:28am On Nov 12, 2011
I hope some of you have seen the missile built by Biafrans in the war from the above clip.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Onlytruth(m): 2:34am On Nov 12, 2011
Biafran made main battle tank (circa 1967/68). cool

I don't think any African country has built a full main battle tank by 2011.

Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Obiagu1(m): 2:37am On Nov 12, 2011
I know now that Jason is really a confused mind like so many people have said.

jason123:

Oh shut up! You are irritating now with this hypocrisy! What has jealousy got to do with the question asked by the OP? If he didn't want to hear people's opinion, why open a thread with a question mark, thus, demanding for other people's opinion??

What region are you talking about, you lair! Was Rivers state not formed in 1967 (before the war)? Did YOUR people not jubilate?? Your own leaders voted FOR the creation of Rivers states and you, an Ogoni man, is here mouthing off as if the Ogonis (who by the way, produced Ken saro wiwa) loved Biafra.

Response to the above:

Dawgpound:

Reply:

jason123:

@highlighted
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Obiagu1(m): 2:48am On Nov 12, 2011
Onlytruth:

Biafran made main battle tank (circa 1967/68).  cool

I don't think any African country has built a full main battle tank by 2011.

If Biafra had succeeded, the drive to build a whole plane, development of weapons and missiles, rocket development, etc would be at the forefront of our national policy as we will seek to remain well ahead of our foes north and west of us.

I believe that by now, we would be at the same level as or ahead of Israel as we have oil to help finance our technological advancement and the will to do so.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by ezeagu(m): 3:34am On Nov 12, 2011
50 years on and Nigeria is still competing with Biafra. What a shame (for Nigeria).
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by lagcity(m): 7:06am On Nov 12, 2011
Dede1:

If you have any human brain cells in the skull you would have realized that Biafra existed as a peaceful country for only 1 month and 5 days when Nigeria visited with war.

What does Biafra's peaceful existence have to do with what I said. Okay let me break it down for you: Neccessity is the mother of invention. Biafra modified planes because they had no other choice; Biafra couldn't acquire ready made bombers.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by lagcity(m): 7:23am On Nov 12, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: lagcity

I am truly befuddled.

you can be befuddled all you want cheesy. Give me one reason why Nigeria needs to modify planes. You can say we need to produce our warplanes and I won't argue with you. But why modify? To save money or what? Also, during the civil war, Nigeria didn't need to modify anything, we had them all readymade from a supplier. If positions were switched, Nigeria would have manufactured very impressive machines and Nigeria would have won the war as an underdog.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by frederal(m): 7:37am On Nov 12, 2011
Thread of d week. cheesy tongue
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by frederal(m): 7:49am On Nov 12, 2011
Thread of d week. tongue
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by kasiem(m): 8:03am On Nov 12, 2011
Okay, let's leave this issue as history. But the question still remains, why is gov't annihilating our local refineries at ukwa ngwa? Why is the f.g not being supportive of innoson? What measures have been placed to harness the flairs in aba? How has the f.g decided to tap from the knowledge of emegwali? Is it because of the igbo factor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Diri, PDP Pressurize Vijah Eldred Opuama To Withdraw Petition / President Buhari Visits Imo Today To Commission Projects / Explosion Hits Baga Road, Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.