Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? (23501 Views)

how jonathan a biafra built amalgamation tower of biafra/north that cause war / Most Expensive And Luxurious Presidential Planes In The World. / Why Billionaire Jet Owners Refuse To Register Their Planes In Nigeria – Investig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by jason123: 9:08pm On Nov 12, 2011
afam4eva:

Coscharis is a car sales company while Innoson is a manufacturing company. Definitely in the future they'll have outlets in big cities like Lagos, PH, Abuja, Aba, Ibadan, Kano and Kaduna. But their factory and headquater in Nnewi and Enugu respectively will remain.

Afam, the outlets need to be in Lagos. You know this. The factory and HQ needs to remain the Nnewi and Enugu, no worries. But outlets? No. It needs a large and diverse market and Lagos will provide that. We need a situation where an Ibadan guy can go back to Oyo and boast to his friends about his new ride, innoson car. Nnewi and Enugu cannot provide such an environment for Nationwide patronage.

I remember that Globacom too started in Lagos before moving out.

All in all, Innoson needs a way to get his goods to Lagos. I repeat, the factory and HQ should remain in the "East".
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by BlackBaron: 9:09pm On Nov 12, 2011
Assembled, built or modified ?
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Afam4eva(m): 9:11pm On Nov 12, 2011
Outlets should not only be in Lagos but also in other major Nigerian cities.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by jason123: 9:14pm On Nov 12, 2011
afam4eva:

Outlets should not only be in Lagos but also in other major Nigerian cities.
cheesy
Ah! I hear you. Anyway major manufacturer that does not target the Lagos market is joking. Which state is as ethnically diverse and populous as Lagos? Which state will earn him and his goods a reputation, nationwide?
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by jason123: 9:15pm On Nov 12, 2011
After Lagos, then, he can expand. Its gonna be difficult (though, not impossible) to expand with targeting Lagos first.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Afam4eva(m): 9:17pm On Nov 12, 2011
yes, you're right. Anybody that means business must be in Lagos. I think Coscharis is kinda still experimenting by selling to people in it's base(East). I guess with time he'll move to Lagos.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by ak47mann(m): 9:22pm On Nov 12, 2011
afam4eva:

yes, you're right. Anybody that means business must be in Lagos. I think Coscharis is kinda still experimenting by selling to people in it's base(East). I guess with time he'll move to Lagos.
cool cool
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by jason123: 9:27pm On Nov 12, 2011
afam4eva:

Doesn't Cosharis have a branch already in Lagos (VI area)? I know he also has a few in the East based on the adverts on TV in Nigeria back then. But I always thought his HQ was in Lagos because of the ports . . undecided.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by jason123: 9:29pm On Nov 12, 2011
ak47mann:

cool cool

Akmann, hope you can remember this thread?
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-802119.0.html
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Dawgpound: 9:42pm On Nov 12, 2011
Why do people like Jason act like the world begins and ends in Lagos? Such companies should remain where they are and I guess expand if they want but let's practice "charity @ home". There are other cities like PH, Calabar, Warri, where Innoson can get exposure it needs. I'm not against Lagos but let's for once quit thinking Lagos is the land of milk and honey coz its not. innoson will provide employment to many people and discourage many from leaving their region to seek jobs in places as far as Lagos and the North.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by ak47mann(m): 9:55pm On Nov 12, 2011
Dawgpound:

Why do people like Jason act like the world begins and ends in Lagos? Such companies should remain where they are and I guess expand if they want but let's practice "charity @ home". There are other cities like PH, Calabar, Warri, where Innoson can get exposure it needs. I'm not against Lagos but let's for once quit thinking Lagos is the land of milk and honey coz its not. innoson will provide employment to many people and discourage many from leaving their region to seek jobs in places as far as Lagos and the North.
he is right in a way that's why we need FG to dredges river niger so that warri port and onicha port enhances it advantage properly sad
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by jason123: 9:57pm On Nov 12, 2011
Dawgpound:

I am sure you did not read my previous comments because if you did, you wouldn't have typed this.
Let me break it down to you. THE COMPANY SHOULD NOT MOVE TO LAGOS OR KAFANCHAN! IT SHOULD REMAIN IN ENUGU AND NNEWI! However, it should move her good to Lagos for a greater reach. No serious business man uses tribalism in business. Take a look at Dangote (the richest man in Africa), his HQ is in Lagos. Where did Globacom and Eleganza start?? Lagos!

No serious business man in any country, will avoid the commercial capital of his country. Economics 101, law of supply and demand; Lagos has 18million people and is the most culturally diverse state.

After Lagos, he can move to Delta, Rivers and so forth. I obviously want him to move to warri for the sake of objectivity, he should move his goods to Lagos; that is, if he is a serious business man.

Btw, please don't deem this offensive but have you been to Nigeria? Where did you stay in Nigeria?
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by jason123: 9:58pm On Nov 12, 2011
ak47mann:

he is right in a way that's why we need FG to dredges   river niger so that warri port and onicha port enhances it advantage properly sad

Thank you!
Btw, Warri port is okay. Onicha port is almost done.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by aljharem(m): 10:06pm On Nov 12, 2011
Dawgpound:

Why do people like Jason act like the world begins and ends in Lagos? Such companies should remain where they are and I guess expand if they want but let's practice "charity @ home". There are other cities like PH, Calabar, Warri, where Innoson can get exposure it needs. I'm not against Lagos but let's for once quit thinking Lagos is the land of milk and honey coz its not. i[b]nnoson will provide employment to many people and discourage many from leaving their region to seek jobs in places as far as Lagos and the North. [/b]

What rubbish, what do you mean by the bolded ?

So you mean other companies like dangote and Globacom don't provide jobs for people in the east ?

Do they not open branches in the east ? apart from thousands of other easterners they employ in lagos and the north ?

I would advice you to stop posting crap out of tribalism, rather focus on how Innoson cars would expand. If he concentrates all his resources in Nnewi, enugu and other eastern states as you put it, How would you expect HIS COMPANY TO GROW ??

I think you need to sit down and think before posting.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by nsiadi: 10:17pm On Nov 12, 2011
B4 the Biafran war every one probably looked on Igbos for solutions
During the war they really showed the stuff they were made of

After the war there was deliberate attempt to side track them in all things
Take some of these : recruitment into the army. navy, airforce
The few that passed through the carmel`s eye were allowed only in training & medics
The siting of Steel mills speaks volume, the refineries too

So in all honesty its simply naive to expect the best from them
They have natural instinct to excel in whatever they do
Under a favourable climate climate Nigeria can immensely benefit
Pushing all to the North is a destroying phenomenon. Its not enough to shout one Nigeria.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Dawgpound: 10:55pm On Nov 12, 2011
@AljHarem, please go tend to your cattle. I don't think I need the opinion of a common almajiri.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Dawgpound: 10:59pm On Nov 12, 2011
@Jason, that's clearly none of your concern. I haven't asked about your background or have I? When I feel its necessary to state certain things about me you will know.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by jason123: 11:02pm On Nov 12, 2011
Dawgpound:

@Jason, that's clearly none of your concern. I haven't asked about your background or have I? When I feel its necessary to state certain things about me you will know.
Certainly. The reason I asked is because if you were well versed in Nigeria, you'll not type what you typed. No hate intended.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Dawgpound: 11:28pm On Nov 12, 2011
Oh I am well vested. I keep track brotha. I see certain things about Nigeria that needs to change and #1 is over concentration of economic activities in Lagos. Its time to diversify and keep things closer to home. If I were to live in Lagos I will just rent instead of buying or building properties in a state where I will always remain a stranger.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by aljharem(m): 11:39pm On Nov 12, 2011
Dawgpound:

Oh I am well vested. I keep track brotha. I see certain things about Nigeria that needs to change and #1 is over concentration of economic activities in Lagos. Its time to diversify and keep things closer to home. If I were to live in Lagos I will just rent instead of buying or building properties in a state where I will always remain a stranger.

Everyone sees this but it is NIGERIAN COMMERCIAL CENTRE AKA COMMERCIAL CAPITAL.

2. when you talk of closer to home, is Lagos seen as a foreign land or what ? Isn't it in the same country

3. what is wrong in opening it in anambra/nnwie and enugu as well as a branch ( NOT THE HQ) is other places ?

Is this not what others have done ?
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by jason123: 11:59pm On Nov 12, 2011
Dawgpound:

Guy, the highlighted will not change anytime soon because every country needs a commercial capital. In the UK; we have London, do you see the Birmingham citizens complaining? In the USA, we have New york. In Korea, we have Singapore. Commercial centers don't diversify. The finance economy of Nigeria will remain in Lagos for a LONG LONG TIME so we have to get used to it. The technological hub of Nigeria will remain in Abia/Anambra axis, we have to get used to it. The administrative center will remain in ABUJA we have to get used to it. The Oil and gas center will remain in Rivers, we have to get used to it.

These capitals will not change over time because they are using their comparative advantage. Lagos -port, Abuja -(no man's land), Abia/Anambra (innovative population), Rivers (lots of Crude oil). As you can see, they are already at the advantage. Trying to change that will hurt the business man/men or you, not these centers.

@the second highlighted
Well, that's a personal choice. . . .and if you think you'll remain a stranger, then, you are probably a stranger. If you can acclimatise like Ben and peeps like Paddy lo and Afam, then you are the son of the soil. Its a thing of the mind.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by aletheia(m): 10:41am On Nov 14, 2011
jason123:

In Korea, we have Singapore.
This wrong and nonfactual statement makes one wonder if you know what you are talking about, or just talking through your hat.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by debosky(m): 3:54pm On Nov 14, 2011
The planes were neither built nor modified by 'Biafra' - the Swedish Colonel did it, unless Swedes are also Biafrans now.

I still don't understand the need to grossly exaggerate the achievements of Biafra - why not stick to facts instead of these ridiculous claims?

As for those who thought these 'inventions' or 'innovations' during war would have led to more development, it isn't necessarily so - the Vietnamese fought the Americans and caused them to flee. I don't see the Vietnamese exporting their war time tunnel and forest navigation skills and turning them into GPS systems or modern equivalents. grin

Even the much touted Israelis were ultimately able to do what they did because of massive military aid from the US, which continues to this very day. In the face of a crumbling and seemingly directionless Nigeria, the idea of a glorious Biafra is definitely very seductive - but it should not recede into re-writing of history and fabrication of stories.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 01, 2011
Innoson Motor Vehicle Manufacturing plant is a welcome development from a well bred Nigerian, It will serve the CEO best to open his sales outlets in the major commercial cities of Lagos, Abuja and Portharcourt aside Enugu and Anambra where the plant maufactures its parts. The Government will do the Car company good to make the Onitsha port functional as well as establishing a good rail system for movement of his goods to these target markets, If I were a car dealer, I would also go into partnership with IVM to market his cars to my clients, (hope our big car dealers are watching, cause IVM hummer buses are 2ce as cheap as Toyota hummer buses and durable), He is supposed to make use of seasoned market developers to create market for his goods among fleet/transport companies and government establishments, Above all, the Federal and State governments should ensure that IVM vehicles are purchased for government official cars and make less use of imported brands, We know what is good but our leaders are often busy with the looting spree.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by ezeagu(m): 3:26pm On Dec 01, 2011
See what finished Nigeria's airforce:

[center][/center]
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by rdokoye: 3:30pm On Dec 01, 2011
I'm surprised this thread hasn't been moved, with all the tribalism in it.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 01, 2011
It shouldn't take three years to build something like this.

Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by SmartTalk: 11:15am On Jan 31, 2013
aletheia: At topic:
NOT TRUE. What the Biafrans did was to outfit Swedish single-engine MFI-9B trainers to hold rockets in pods under its wing under the tutelage of Count Carl Gustaf von Rosen.

The Nigeria Airforce has built and used for several years now, a light trainer aircraft it dubs the Air Beetle.

What makes you think the Nigerian airforce is also not assembling beat-down Russian trash as aircraft? Even the name "Air Beetle" is insulting.
What is important is getting the Knowledge locally - that is how technology improves over time - and not how basic the system is at the start point. If you interact with an early version of Windows OS or Macintosh OS, or indeed the internet, you would not be able to recognize it. What you know as the Toyota Car Company started by copying Ford's technology. If Biafra seceded, they would have built on the technology. That is what the Biafra of the future would place emphasis on, investing in technology and rewarding private initiative. [size=16pt]God Bless Biafra![/size]
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by destinystanley: 11:00am On Apr 02, 2016
Rgp92:
Nigeria have not build one yet because we have people like you alive cool
is nigeria a person? N wot abt u
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by destinystanley: 11:24am On Apr 02, 2016
Rgp92:
SmartTalk:

What makes you think the Nigerian airforce is also not assembling beat-down Russian trash as aircraft? Even the name "Air Beetle" is insulting.
What is important is getting the Knowledge locally - that is how technology improves over time - and not how basic the system is at the start point. If you interact with an early version of Windows OS or Macintosh OS, or indeed the internet, you would not be able to recognize it. What you know as the Toyota Car Company started by copying Ford's technology. If Biafra seceded, they would have built on the technology. That is what the Biafra of the future would place emphasis on, investing in technology and rewarding private initiative. [size=16pt]God Bless Biafra![/size]
Rgp92:
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by SmartTalk: 8:01am On Apr 07, 2016
destinystanley:
is nigeria a person? N wot abt u is nigeria a person? N wot abt u

Since you are a person and probably a Nigerian, I believe the right question is: What about YOU?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test / Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP / BUHARI VISIT - See Archbishop Of Canterbury's Tweets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.