Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? (23500 Views)

how jonathan a biafra built amalgamation tower of biafra/north that cause war / Most Expensive And Luxurious Presidential Planes In The World. / Why Billionaire Jet Owners Refuse To Register Their Planes In Nigeria – Investig (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by member479760: 8:31am On Nov 12, 2011
unfortunate, present generation of Biafra are drug pusher so don't expect something good to come out from them.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by odumchi: 8:31am On Nov 12, 2011
lagcity:

you can be befuddled all you want cheesy. Give me one reason why Nigeria needs to modify planes. You can say we need to produce our warplanes and I won't argue with you. But why modify? To save money or what? Also, during the civil war, Nigeria didn't need to modify anything, we had them all readymade from a supplier. If positions were switched, Nigeria would have manufactured very impressive machines and Nigeria would have won the war as an underdog.

From a military perspective, Nigerias planes and much of her military hardware are nearly obsolete. The Airforce flies the same type of planes it flew during the Biafran war (MiG 21s), the Nigerian Navy is still crude and small, and the army has no main heavy battle tank.

However look at Israel. They fly US made F16s but they constantly upgrade it's hardware and weapons that it still competes in modern aerial warefare. They designrd and built their own heavy battle tank (Merkava) which was built for Israeli use in Israel alone, and Israeli army (IDF) is one if the best trained and equipped militarist in the world and certainly the best in the Middle East.

I hope this shows you why Nigeria should start upgrading/building vehicles, planes and equipment specifically for it's own use. If not, Nigeria will always play the "catching up" game.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by sheyguy: 10:05am On Nov 12, 2011
i don't see anything thing special in the said planes, they simply modified (minimally) the planes in question to accommodate a passive device. i believe every state in Nigeria can achieve that in a war situation.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by nyabingi(m): 10:14am On Nov 12, 2011
The country's set back in technological advancement has less to do with the government of the day but the lack of collective will by the different entities that make up the colossal mistake called Nigeria, therefore for any meaningful achievements in areas of technology and human endeavors, these entities have to slit and go their different ways then things will begin to happen. Nigeria is not one, it has never been and will never be!!
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Dawgpound: 10:22am On Nov 12, 2011
Nigeria is a big lie
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Onlytruth(m): 10:24am On Nov 12, 2011
@lagcity

Please stop defending the indefensible. Since you people have forced us to share a dumb and deaf country, you would keep getting free lectures on sanity and logic.
Here is an example of how a great country does things.

"The formerly British Centurion was renamed "Sho't" (Scourge/Whip) by the Israelis and upgraded to meet their demands in modern warfare. [/b]When the Six-day War (1967) broke out, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) had 293 Centurion tanks that were ready for combat of total 385 tanks. During the war Israel captured 30 Centurion tanks from Jordan, when Jordan had only 44 Centurion tanks.
[b]The Israeli version of the Centurion earned its legendary status during the Battle of "The Valley of Tears" on the Golan Heights in the 1973 Yom Kippur War. Less than 100 Centurion tanks of the 7th Armor Brigade defeated the advance of some 500 Syrian T-55s and T-62s. The Sho't became emblematic of Israeli armour prowess.

Original Centurions had 20 pounder main guns, these were quickly upgunned to the British 105 mm L7. [b]The vehicles went through a number of both major and minor modifications culminating in the Sho't with blazer package seen in the 1982 invasion of Lebanon and retired with honour during the 90's. [/b]The biggest modifications were the upgrade of the engine, sights and blazer packages.
The engine has been changed to a more efficient diesel engine, fire control has been modernised, armour has been thickened, and an improved ammunition layout allows more to be carried. An improved fire extinguishing system, better electrical system and brakes, and an increased fuel capacity complete the modifications. The Sh'ot can be distinguished from the Centurion by its raised rear deck, to accommodate the bigger engine. They either have the original 7.62 mm calibre on the commanders cupola or have it replaced by a 12.7 mm calibre HMG and American radios.
Many different variants were bought by Israel over the years from many different countries. Many components of this would find their way into the Merkava."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centurion_tank
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by nyabingi(m): 10:53am On Nov 12, 2011
let the country split only then will true innovations come to play because every separate entity no wan carry last but if we keep deceiving our selves by cementing and patching nigeria, greed and insincerity will not stop!!
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Dede1(m): 12:37pm On Nov 12, 2011
lagcity:

What does Biafra's peaceful existence have to do with what I said. Okay let me break it down for you: Neccessity is the mother of invention. Biafra modified planes because they had no other choice; Biafra couldn't acquire ready made bombers.

I could not fathom the effort you seem to employ in breaking down a useless conjecture. Please try to invalidate the mental stability of a person who posed a question about what Biafra produced before the war. Biafra was not yet 1year and 6months old when idiotic Gowon-led Nigeria visited the state of Biafra with war of attrition.

Harold Wilson told every colonist with interest in Africa that the defeat of Biafra must be accomplished by any known means. Did you think the slimy Briton had the interest of Nigeria in mind when he made such statement?

The fact remains the colonists and would-be colonists saw a rare potential in Biafra never seen in African country till this moment.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Dede1(m): 12:46pm On Nov 12, 2011
sheyguy:

i don't see anything thing special in the said planes, they simply modified (minimally) the planes in question to accommodate a passive device. i believe every state in Nigeria can achieve that in a war situation.

What an arrant nonsense. Which other ethnic group in the cesspit called Nigeria can singlehandedly withstand the military onslaught Nigeria and its allies bought to the door step of Biafra? We are talking about serious military business of war and you are thinking about kidnapping and child’s play seen in creeks of Nigerian deltas.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by jason123: 1:30pm On Nov 12, 2011
odumchi:

In response to the bolded, Jason please start at 6:00.
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQkIQuK7A50&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/flash]

Thanks for the video. He said there were attempts but the did not say they built, did he??

Look, I already praise Biafrans for at least attempting, "necessity is the mother of invention". Put a people in a similar condition, they will probably do the same, if not better.

kasiem:

Okay, let's leave this issue as history. But the question still remains, why is gov't annihilating our local refineries at ukwa ngwa? Why is the f.g not being supportive of innoson? What measures have been placed to harness the flairs in aba? How has the f.g decided to tap from the knowledge of emegwali? Is it because of the igbo factor.

The local refineries are not good. They cause environmental degradation, you need to see it for yourself. Most of the Oil spills are cause by these people. It was shown on BBC a while ago. but they basically use a cut piece of metallic barrel, distill the petrol of the crude oil and pour the remaining crude oil into rivers, lakes or water bodies.

Innoson cars and Aba mades, I have to agree. The FG is stupi.d for not supporting them but I think the locals should patronize them first (just an opinion).

Emegwali is an American citizen, isn't he? And . . . .

No, it is not the "Igbo factor". What manufacturing company has been supported by the FG ? None!
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by asha80(m): 1:35pm On Nov 12, 2011
jason123:

Thanks for the video. He said there were attempts but the did not say they built, did he??

Look, I already praise Biafrans for at least attempting, "necessity is the mother of invention". Put a people in a similar condition, they will probably do the same, if not better.

The local refineries are not good. They cause environmental degradation, you need to see it for yourself. Most of the Oil spills are cause by these people. It was shown on BBC a while ago. but they basically use a cut piece of metallic barrel, distill the petrol of the crude oil and pour the remaining crude oil into rivers, lakes or water bodies.

Innoson cars and Aba mades, I have to agree. The FG is stupi.d for not supporting them but I think the locals should patronize them first (just an opinion).

Emegwali is an American citizen, isn't he? And . . . .

No, it is not the "Igbo factor". What manufacturing company has been supported by the FG ? None!

your opinion on the bolded stinks as if enugu state governmnet and some transport co. re not patronising them.this is why the country will not develop as everything is seen as a sectional thing as if the whole country will not benefit.would we still be hearing aba made if no one patronized them?
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by jason123: 1:38pm On Nov 12, 2011
asha 80:

your opinion on the bolded stinks as if enugu state governmnet and some transport co. re not patronising them.this is why the country will not develop as everything is seen as a sectional thing as if the whole country will not benefit.would we still be hearing aba made if no one patronized them?

You misunderstood me. I am for the support of "Aba mades" ("China mades" are of no better quality) and Innoson cars. What I meant by my statement was to follow the Eleganza model since the FG is not forth coming. He initially started in Lagos(He's local area) before he could be accepted.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by asha80(m): 1:47pm On Nov 12, 2011
jason123:

You misunderstood me. I am for the support of "Aba mades" ("China mades" are of no better quality) and Innoson cars. What I meant by my statement was to follow the Eleganza model since the FG is not forth coming. He initially started in Lagos(He's local area) before he could be accepted.

ok
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by kasiem(m): 1:47pm On Nov 12, 2011
@jason,
for sincerity sake, are u telling me that those local refineries can't be transmogrified into a wonderful refineries? Is f.g not being supportive of dangote and adenuga? Why not give the same hand to innoson?
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by jason123: 2:05pm On Nov 12, 2011
kasiem:

@jason,
for sincerity sake, are u telling me that those local refineries can't be transmogrified into a wonderful refineries? Is f.g not being supportive of dangote and adenuga? Why not give the same hand to innoson?

I am an all-out supporter of local industries, whether Igbo owned, Yoruba own or Kalabari owned. After all, they are employers of labour, thus, increasing OUR overall quality of life.

With that said, I think you haven't seen these local refineries. No, it cannot be transformed. I'll try to describe it: It is an horizontal metallic barrel with a hole at the top. An aluminum or metallic roof is used to over the barrel. Its heated up and the petroleum spirit evaporates, condenses on the roofs and drip down to containers, to be transported and sold. The rest of the materials in the crude oil (Lubricating oil, Diesel, Kerosine etc) are thrown into the nearest water body causing environmental degradation.

Dangote and Adenuga used bureaucracy with OBJ and IBB respectively. About Innoson (with "connections"wink, it needs the local patronage and the need to move to a bigger market. For example, it can manufacture cars in Enugu but transport the cars to a place like Lagos to be sold. With the HQ in Enugu and the market in Lagos, I think its a win-win for him. Lagos will help him gain the exposure needed for his company to be heavily patronized.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by ikeyman00(m): 2:42pm On Nov 12, 2011
@@@@@
jason

u and u and u will keep getting worked up whenever there is a thread like this

going by your quote necessity abi boko fools still rely on the white man technology

the igbo spirit isnt anything to play down like u bunches of envious cockroaches try to do

the earlier u get that the better!!
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by ikeyman00(m): 2:46pm On Nov 12, 2011
Dangote and Adenuga used bureaucracy with OBJ and IBB respectively. About Innoson (with "connections"wink, it needs the local patronage and the need to move to a bigger market. For example, it can manufacture cars in Enugu but transport the cars to a place like Lagos to be sold. With the HQ in Enugu and the market in Lagos, I think its a win-win for him. Lagos will help him gain the exposure needed for his company to be heavily patronized.

complete rubbish!!!

the fg and state governor should buy all their logistic from enugu!

this isnt only about removing subsidy

then again those son of looters and co; do they know what they are doing

i think IBB might be able to tell them; it isnt about how much money u can stack
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Dede1(m): 3:10pm On Nov 12, 2011
Which federal government is being referred in this debate? Is it the moronic federal government that did not fire anybody involved with ordering of luxurious buses from China instead of Innoson? If the chairman of Innoson is a Yoruba or Hausa or any ethnic group other than Igbo, there would have been decree to exclusively buy Innoson and ban the importation of certain vehicles into Nigeria.

Remember the cement saga involving Ibeto, Dangote and federal government under Obasanjo.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by jason123: 4:38pm On Nov 12, 2011
Dede1:

Which federal government is being referred in this debate? Is it the moronic federal government that did not fire anybody involved with ordering of luxurious buses from China instead of Innoson? If the chairman of Innoson is a Yoruba or Hausa or any ethnic group other than Igbo, there would have been decree to exclusively buy Innoson and ban the importation of certain vehicles into Nigeria.

Remember the cement saga involving Ibeto, Dangote and federal government under Obasanjo.

Dede1, this has nothing to do with ethnicity;after all, GEAJ has Igbo blood in him. GEJ might has well lead the way and make the decreee for us to buy Innoson cars.
Even if we have a pure Igbo president today, the status quo will not change.

He should move to a larger market and keep the HQ in Enugu, this will help him gain the necessary exposure in the Nigerian economy. He can also sign MOUs with Lagos, Rivers . . .etc; You know, to help him gain some ground and awareness among the consumers.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by jason123: 4:42pm On Nov 12, 2011
ikeyman00:

@@@@@
jason

u and u and u will keep getting worked up whenever there is a thread like this

going by your quote necessity abi boko fools still rely on the white man technology

the igbo spirit isnt anything to play down like u bunches of envious cockroaches try to do

the earlier u get that the better!!

This is boring! Guy, did the Palestinians not build weapons to fight Israel? Do those weapons look like child's play? Any group of people will build those weapons, if not better, if placed in that situation. The idea of trying to mystify Biafrans will not work. We are not illiterates.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by ikeyman00(m): 5:07pm On Nov 12, 2011
jason

This is boring! Guy, did the Palestinians not build weapons to fight Israel? Do those weapons look like child's play? Any group of people will build those weapons, if not better, if placed in that situation. The idea of trying to mystify Biafrans will not work. We are not illiterates.

the quote is out of context

but nevertheless your opinion remains your as always im afraid cool
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Dede1(m): 6:42pm On Nov 12, 2011
jason123:

Dede1, this has nothing to do with ethnicity;after all, GEAJ has Igbo blood in him. GEJ might has well lead the way and make the decreee for us to buy Innoson cars.
Even if we have a pure Igbo president today, the status quo will not change.

He should move to a larger market and keep the HQ in Enugu, this will help him gain the necessary exposure in the Nigerian economy. He can also sign MOUs with Lagos, Rivers . . .etc; You know, to help him gain some ground and awareness among the consumers.

Sometimes I get flabbergasted when Nigerians insinuate Nigerian society is insulated from acts of tribalism. I must state categorically everything about Nigeria is fundamentally tribal or sectional. Corruption in Nigeria is the grandchild of tribalism. When few patriotic Nigerians tried to paddle the colonial contraption into a positive path, the actions of the few wise fellows were branded tribalism which set off a motion that led to civil war.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by jason123: 6:59pm On Nov 12, 2011
Dede1:

Sometimes I get flabbergasted when Nigerians insinuate Nigerian society is insulated from acts of tribalism. I must state categorically everything about Nigeria is fundamentally tribal or sectional. Corruption in Nigeria is the grandchild of tribalism. When few patriotic Nigerians tried to paddle the colonial contraption into a positive path, the actions of the few wise fellows were branded tribalism which set off a motion that led to civil war.

Dede1, before we deviate; we cannot call this tribalism, can we? GEAJ has a bit of Igbo in him, we all know this. Even Ibeto (a PH guy, I think) might be part Ijaw, hence, GEJ's ethnic group. Why can't he bring him up?

Innoson is in Enugu, will it not be better for him to move some his goods to a larger market. Remember Cosharis motors? His main branch is in Lagos, (a larger market of over 18 million people) and notice that his business is successful. I sincerely don't think that there is tribalism in this case. Right now, he needs people to start buying his goods. Enugu is not the ideal place (no offense). Enugu can be the HQ and all but for his goods to sell, he needs a market like Lagos.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by ak47mann(m): 7:07pm On Nov 12, 2011
jason123:

Dede1, before we deviate; we cannot call this tribalism, can we? GEAJ has a bit of Igbo in him, we all know this. Even Ibeto (a PH guy, I think) might be part Ijaw, hence, GEJ's ethnic group. Why can't he bring him up?

Innoson is in Enugu, will it not be better for him to move some his goods to a larger market. Remember Cosharis motors? His main branch is in Lagos, (a larger market of over 18 million people) and notice that his business is successful. I sincerely don't think that there is tribalism in this case. Right now, he needs people to start buying his goods. Enugu is not the ideal place (no offense). Enugu can be the HQ and all but for his goods to sell, he needs a market like Lagos.
jason ibeto is from nnewi
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by jason123: 7:09pm On Nov 12, 2011
ak47mann:

jason ibeto is from nnewi
Thanks for the correction. Wasn't too sure but I have heard he has a connection to PH (family-wise, business-wise), do you know?
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by ak47mann(m): 7:14pm On Nov 12, 2011
jason123:

Thanks for the correction. Wasn't too sure but I have heard he has a connection to PH (family-wise, business-wise), do you know?
yes as a business he can own business anywhere, so he can have ibeto company in PH and other states in Nigeria and he invested heavily in nnewi too his factory that manufacture car batteries call union battery,  matter of fact i know ibeto personally well my popsy, we are from the same clan in nnewi,
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by lagcity(m): 7:25pm On Nov 12, 2011
Dede1:

I could not fathom the effort you seem to employ in breaking down a useless conjecture. Please try to invalidate the mental stability of a person who posed a question about what Biafra produced before the war. Biafra was not yet 1year and 6months old when idiotic Gowon-led Nigeria visited the state of Biafra with war of attrition.

Harold Wilson told every colonist with interest in Africa that the defeat of Biafra must be accomplished by any known means. Did you think the slimy Briton had the interest of Nigeria in mind when he made such statement?

The fact remains the colonists and would-be colonists saw a rare potential in Biafra never seen in African country till this moment.  

you are just deluding yourself like many biafrans here. Britain helped destroy Biafra in order to preserve their creation which serves many interests. It has nothing to do with Biafran "potential". Britain or any European country would not support the breaking up of any of their creations, be it in Nigeria or Kenya.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Dede1(m): 8:42pm On Nov 12, 2011
jason123:

In some cases, location of industry tends to contribute to the growth. However in the case of Innoson, the location is very close to where certain materials needed for its operation disembark, hence Port Harcourt and completion of Onicha river port.

All the vehicles sold in Nigeria were not even assembled in Nigeria. Innoson needs federal government assistance such as the one Toyota and GM get from their respective home governments.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Afam4eva(m): 8:47pm On Nov 12, 2011
jason123:

Why must everything be in Lagos. We're trying to move more people out of lagos and you're suggesting that the industries in other states should be moved to Lagos. What exactly does Lagos have to offer Innoson? Innoson is based in Nnewi(Automobile capital of Nigeria) and Enugu and for no reason should he contemplate leaving the east.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by jason123: 8:59pm On Nov 12, 2011
afam4eva:

Why must everything be in Lagos. We're trying to move more people out of lagos and you're suggesting that the industries in other states should be moved to Lagos. What exactly does Lagos have to offer Innoson? Innoson is based in Nnewi(Automobile capital of Nigeria) and Enugu and for no reason should he contemplate leaving the east.

Afam, follow my line of thought. I suggested that Innoson moves her cars to Lagos because its a larger market compared to Nnewi. Lagos will help her gain the necessary exposure the company needs. The Head-quarters should remain in Enugu or Anambra or the "East". Cosharis did the same (although its not a manufacturing company)

No, everything must not be in Lagos.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by jason123: 9:01pm On Nov 12, 2011
Dede1:

In some cases, location of industry tends contribute to the growth. However in the case of Innoson, the location is very close to where certain materials needed for its operation disembark, hence Port Harcourt and completion of Onicha river port.

All the vehicles sold in Nigeria were not even assembled in Nigeria. Innoson needs federal government assistance such as the one Toyota and GM get from their respective home governments.

I totally agree with you. I simply suggested the transportation of the cars to Lagos for exposure and awareness.
Re: Biafra Built Three Planes In 3 Years? by Afam4eva(m): 9:02pm On Nov 12, 2011
jason123:

Afam, follow my line of thought. I suggested that Innoson moves her cars to Lagos because its a larger market compared to Nnewi. Lagos will help her gain the necessary exposure the company needs. The Head-quarters should remain in Enugu or Anambra or the "East". Cosharis did the same (although its not a manufacturing company)

No, everything must not be in Lagos.

Coscharis is a car sales company while Innoson is a manufacturing company. Definitely in the future they'll have outlets in big cities like Lagos, PH, Abuja, Aba, Ibadan, Kano and Kaduna. But their factory and headquater in Nnewi and Enugu respectively will remain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Who Suffers If Nigeria Divides? / FG Bans Registration & Deportation Of Nigerians, Says Its Worse Than Boko Haram / Again, States Seek Another Bailout, Osun Worst Hit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.