Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,777 members, 7,817,204 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf (41206 Views)

Economic Hardship: I Take Full Responsibility - Tinubu / Why Southeast Is Excluded From Our Interviews — PTDF / Buhari Sacks Usman Yusuf As NHIS Boss, Appoints Sambo Replacement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by aswani(m): 10:08am On Feb 18
Cyberterror:
Southeast are more into Biafra and Ipob fetish. They are not true Nigerians. They only want Nigerian presidency so that they can break up the country.

Ndigbo don't even need the Presidency to break up the country. They can ask their representatives in the Senate and House to propose it and recall any that doesn't back it.

I have a feeling the motion will be accepted as proposed especially as this time, the South South oil would not be folded into their Biafra.

Ndigbo traders in what is left of Nigeria would, I suspect, not want to be part of their Biafra. Same for those born and bred in non alaigbo Nigeria.

I can bet not one Ala Yoruba Igbo would swap their Nigerian passport for a Biafran one. Not one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by Ance4Liverpool: 10:11am On Feb 18
Topman7:
They are silent because they remember Peter Obi was the loudest critic of fuel subsidy who promised to remove it on the first day of his presidency, if elected.

So we would be in this situation even if he was president, and they know it.
its like u want to change ur name to peter obi

That’s why they are silent.
Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by LoveLeadsLand(m): 10:14am On Feb 18
All these Igbo talking here, you're not representing Igbo. You've not said why Igbo are quiet. Neither will I spill the beans.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by lilyheaven: 10:17am On Feb 18
Imagine 😃 when south east and south south especially Edo state, were shouting, west and north were making jest of them.
successmatters:
Maybe the Prof has been deaf.

The SE has shouted themselves hoarse during the run up to the elections, no need to talk again.

Breakfast time, all man must keep quiet and eat. grin

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by aswani(m): 10:21am On Feb 18
lilyheaven:
Imagine 😃 when south east and south south especially Edo state, were shouting, west and north were making jest of them.

Can you please remove Ẹdo state from whatever nonsense generalisation you are making.

Yes you fooled some of them but they have now seen your true agenda and are no longer beholden to your rancid Obidient mantra.

LP is dead in Benin as that was the only place where they fleetingly had some traction.

Know this and know peace.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by lilyheaven: 10:28am On Feb 18
Whatever, Edo is not crying
aswani:

Can you please remove Ẹdo state from whatever nonsense generalisation you are making.

Yes you fooled some of them but they have now seen your true agenda and are no longer beholden to your rancid Obidient mantra.

LP is dead in Benin as that was the only place where they fleetingly had some traction.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by bluediesel03: 10:35am On Feb 18
aswani:

Let me tell you,now that you have decided to stand on tinubu mandate and mistakenly faint due to hunger,I will personally tie you to a tree upright.you must stand till next 7 years

50 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by NGArmyTerrorist: 10:43am On Feb 18
Igbos ain't as stvpid as you people were; electing a monumental failures twice. Stvpid tribes..

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by gratiaeo(m): 10:53am On Feb 18
aswani:

But Benin are not crying already like you Yoruba

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by ElSudani: 10:59am On Feb 18
Whoever asked the question must have been living in a different planet.

5 Likes

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by Mrtaye: 11:28am On Feb 18
Topman7:
They are silent because they remember Peter Obi was the loudest critic of fuel subsidy who promised to remove it on the first day of his presidency, if elected.

Lolz fictitious assumption just to console yourself

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by babzlim(m): 11:29am On Feb 18
GET IGBO OUT OF YOUR STUPID AND SMELLING MOUTH... USELESS PEOPLE.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by toneroforever(m): 11:34am On Feb 18
koondog:
North and SW thought Tinubuu will be transporting money to SW and North once he is there, lol. This is the harsh reality if power, once you get there, you will realize how difficult and busy things are. You won't even have time to see your wife in the other room, let alone others. Even food will not hungry you again. Phone will be ringing every minute, terrorist attacks in Bornu, bandits kidnap 20 in Kogi, explosion in here, herdsmen kill 60 in Benue, workers protest non salary, labor threatening strike, hunger crises, haba.

U r right

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by Pat081: 11:40am On Feb 18
alsudan:
Thiefnibuu sold you guys the Muslim Muslim ticket and you guys fell for it.

So pls allow other regions to enjoy the show in peace.

If the North have a problem with the Thief, they should drag his lazy leaky azz out of office, just like the dragged him in.
when he was giving them billions of naira and millions of bags of food nko

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by Tombrown3(m): 11:42am On Feb 18
Topman7:

Can you just bring out 2 hours out of your useless miserable life and be ashame of yourself?

Tua!!!

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by youngrichnigga: 11:44am On Feb 18
Una never see anything, I'm from the South West (Yorubaland) for your information but the serious South Westerners and Easterners (not the bigots) warned you about the choice currently in place and ruling our country 😀🙂😀

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by ZombiePUNISHER: 11:44am On Feb 18
Topman7:

so you think Nigerians are suffering solely for the subsidy removal?..

if you remove subsidy.. like Tinubu did, where's the money?..
where's the CNG buses purchased to ease transportation fares..
Insecurity is the main reason of hunger in the land, farmers has left the farm.. and the borders are shut
All these are down to Tinubu's incompetence..

He removed subsidy to raise monthly allocations to states and federal government,
Sharing monies to cronies increases poverty..
Tinubu is a disaster

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:49am On Feb 18
Topman7:

LOL. Peter Obi talked of a removal of Subsidy and channelling the money into critical areas that will make people not feel the effect of the subsidy removal.

Also, Peter Obi actually said he would investigate the false reporting of our fuel consumption because we were said to use more than highly industrial nations. He said that alone will cut the subsidy by half.

Peter Obi talked about investing recovered money in education, health care and massive job Creation. He talked about massive boost in agriculture. So, stop spreading falsehood.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:58am On Feb 18
Topman7:

attend to d cries of ur ppl!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:03pm On Feb 18
aswani:

Ndi Hausa, Ndi Yoruba and the rest of the country, they all voted based on who they felt would do a better job, stop with the Vanity and God complex, no one was thinking about Ndigbo suffering when choosing who to vote.

As proven by APC still winning bye elections deep into President Tinubu's tenure, it is about who people feel will benefit them.
tribalistic miscalculation!

We are learning our lessons sha!

cool

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by Nice2023(m): 12:12pm On Feb 18
koondog:
North and SW thought Tinubuu will be transporting money in bullion vans to SW and North once he is there, lol. This is the harsh reality if power, once you get there, you will realize how difficult and busy things are. You won't even have time to see your wife in the other room, let alone others. Even food will not hungry you again. Phone will be ringing every minute, terrorist attacks in Bornu, bandits kidnap 20 in Kogi, explosion in here, herdsmen kill 60 in Benue, workers protest non salary, labor threatening strike, hunger crises, oil sale drop by 5000 barrel, world Bank denies $2 billion loan request, haba.

They think it was Chieftaincy title he was elected for.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 12:12pm On Feb 18
DatNiggaDaz:
grin grin

Our SE brothers and neigbours are still learning the sophisticated political lessons from the learned sk" u"lla"rs"

When they finish learning the building bridge politics, your opinion will change Mr Professor. Until then exercise patience under Tinubulation

Oga Ruga let them be abeg grin grin grin

Allah Akbar grin
what is this one saying?

1 Like

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by Oghene86: 12:29pm On Feb 18
Gjrich:

Tinubu: I Honestly Don't Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet; Uncharacteristically Quiet - According to Professor Usman
Traditional leaders from the country’s north have been discussing the continued hardships, which include food insecurity and other issues, in recent weeks.

In the midst of all of that, Professor Usman was asked why the North and South West have been the regions that have spoken out the most during his discussion of the state of the economy on Arise News.

Surprisingly, the South East and South-South have been quiet, and if there could be a reason for that, and if the agitation for better governance continues through the North and South West, will there be a political implication for the president?

Responding to that question, the former executive secretary, NHIS, Professor Usman Yusuf said, “I honestly don’t know why the Southeast is quite, uncharacteristically quiet, but then, the president needs to find out. The North is where I know I live, and the silence in the North is more literal than the noise anywhere else in the country”.

The unequal response to dissent in the South East and South South, compared to the Northern and Western regions, is evident in the deployment of soldiers to suppress voices.

Additionally, the South East and South South did not endorse Tinubu during the elections, highlighting a divergence in electoral preferences. Concerns about his suitability were expressed early on, with a perception that religious and ethnic factors influenced decision-making.

The call now is for accountability, emphasizing that those who supported Tinubu bear the responsibility for the current situation. Acknowledging past warnings through the ballot, there's an expectation that the North and West take ownership of the choice they made in bringing him to Power

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by BalticGold: 12:44pm On Feb 18
Abeg make wonna enjoy wonna MU-MU ticket in peace. Leave us out of it.

6 Likes

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by aswani(m): 1:06pm On Feb 18
gratiaeo:

You are a leaner, most Yoruba thought once Tinubu enter there Igbo market will start closing especially those in Lagos. They really hope to teach Igbos lesson for not supporting their disaster

Even you yourself cannot believe this thing you have typed.

Nutin do you sha

3 Likes

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by Gondonu: 1:06pm On Feb 18
shocked
Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by aswani(m): 1:11pm On Feb 18
bluediesel03:

Let me tell you,now that you have decided to stand on tinubu mandate and mistakenly faint due to hunger,I will personally tie you to a tree upright.you must stand till next 7 years

I did not vote President Tinubu, the basis of your weak response is flawed, no vex you hear.

1 Like

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by badoh(m): 1:12pm On Feb 18
greenermodels:
if Peter Obi removed fuel subsidy,we would have seen the money been saved instead of borrowing and printing more money, He would have drastically reduced the cost of governance instead of moving from Dubai to France with a bloated entourage costing billions of naira,he wouldn't have over a hundred car convoy, he would have auctioned off the presidential jets or hand them over the military, he wouldn't buy a presidential yacht, he would have tackled the Fulani militia and returned displaced farmers back to their farms as he repeatedly promised during the campaigns,he would have invested heavily on productive ventures like Agriculture and industrialization,etc
Please can you tell me how Obi would have tackled insecurities especially in the North. You people should talk speaking as if you're the mouthpiece of Obi. Are you the one that wants to do the work?

1 Like

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by greenermodels: 1:18pm On Feb 18
badoh:

Please can you tell me how Obi would have tackled insecurities especially in the North. You people should talk speaking as if you're the mouthpiece of Obi. Are you the one that wants to do the work?
encourage states to ban open grazing and watch how these attacks would drastically reduce, Tinubu lacks the ball to do it, likewise governors in the north central and entire south, the Fulani owns this country and they're bringing their brothers from all over Africa to make a permanent home here.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by arantess: 1:35pm On Feb 18
abhosts:
But when they complained in the past, people like this man would tell them to shut up.
and build bridges grin

They say we should go and build bridges to learn politics grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by Antivirus92(m): 1:37pm On Feb 18
aswani:

Ndigbo don't even need the Presidency to break up the country. They can ask their representatives in the Senate and House to propose it and recall any that doesn't back it.

I have a feeling the motion will be accepted as proposed especially as this time, the South South oil would not be folded into their Biafra.

Ndigbo traders in what is left of Nigeria would, I suspect, not want to be part of their Biafra. Same for those born and bred in non alaigbo Nigeria.

I can bet not one Ala Yoruba Igbo would swap their Nigerian passport for a Biafran one. Not one.
keep deluding your generation

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Checkout This Hilarious Hospital Advert(pic) / Fani-Kayode In Lagos Court For Patience Jonathan (Photos) / Which Competent Ministers Should Buhari Retain?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.