Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,339 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf (41199 Views)

Economic Hardship: I Take Full Responsibility - Tinubu / Why Southeast Is Excluded From Our Interviews — PTDF / Buhari Sacks Usman Yusuf As NHIS Boss, Appoints Sambo Replacement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by Cabalgeneral: 1:38pm On Feb 18
Gjrich:

Tinubu: I Honestly Don't Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet; Uncharacteristically Quiet - According to Professor Usman
Traditional leaders from the country’s north have been discussing the continued hardships, which include food insecurity and other issues, in recent weeks.

In the midst of all of that, Professor Usman was asked why the North and South West have been the regions that have spoken out the most during his discussion of the state of the economy on Arise News.

Surprisingly, the South East and South-South have been quiet, and if there could be a reason for that, and if the agitation for better governance continues through the North and South West, will there be a political implication for the president?

Responding to that question, the former executive secretary, NHIS, Professor Usman Yusuf said, “I honestly don’t know why the Southeast is quite, uncharacteristically quiet, but then, the president needs to find out. The North is where I know I live, and the silence in the North is more literal than the noise anywhere else in the country”.

Why adding SS to it
Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by arantess: 1:38pm On Feb 18
badoh:

Please can you tell me how Obi would have tackled insecurities especially in the North. You people should talk speaking as if you're the mouthpiece of Obi. Are you the one that wants to do the work?
Didn't you read his manifesto?

Didn't you see videos on him speaking in the northern forums during campaign?

Go and search and listen to his campaign videos again, no come dey talk rubbish here.

Meanwhile emiloka didn't tell you guys anything but you feel he's the best, so enjoy the country as it is

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by Cabalgeneral: 1:40pm On Feb 18
alsudan:
Thiefnibuu sold you guys the Muslim Muslim ticket and you guys fell for it.

So pls allow other regions to enjoy the show in peace.

If the North have a problem with the Thief, they should drag his lazy leaky azz out of office, just like the dragged him in.

Tinubu is doing the opposite of the agreement of the m+m that's the problem.

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by killsmith(f): 1:46pm On Feb 18
Igbo no be una mate. If no be whiteman wey carry gun force everybody for one country, igbo no suppose share country with the monkeys from the wasteland.

23 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by esther36: 1:49pm On Feb 18
Southeast are more into Biafra and Ipob fetish. They are not true Nigerians. They only want Nigerian presidency so that they can break up the country.Southeast are more into Biafra and Ipob fetish. They are not true Nigerians. They only want Nigerian presidency so that they can break up the country....
Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by Alhajikd: 1:50pm On Feb 18
greenermodels:
if Peter Obi removed fuel subsidy,we would have seen the money been saved instead of borrowing and printing more money, He would have drastically reduced the cost of governance instead of moving from Dubai to France with a bloated entourage costing billions of naira,he wouldn't have over a hundred car convoy, he would have auctioned off the presidential jets or hand them over the military, he wouldn't buy a presidential yacht, he would have tackled the Fulani militia and returned displaced farmers back to their farms as he repeatedly promised during the campaigns,he would have invested heavily on productive ventures like Agriculture and industrialization,etc
Teacher, teach those senseless urchins that reason through their anus

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by Ezmans: 1:52pm On Feb 18
Penguin2:
The thing is that just like we saw the Buhari disaster from one thousand miles away in 2015 and refused to vote for him…

So also did we see the Tinubu catastrophe from a million miles away and shouted on top of our voices that he should be rejected. We equally refused to vote for him.

But fuuls said he tamed Atlantic and rigged him in.

Now, it’s the ijiots who fuulishly believed that Tinubu had anything to offer that are disappointed and protesting.

The Igbos already foresaw and foretold the disaster and prepared for whatever comes with it. So, we are not disappointed.

We are just quietly learning the lessons you want to teach us.

While you fuuls can continue to enjoy the El deraldo you hoped for from a mannequin who licks a microphone.

Ndi ala!
good talk

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by chidiokay: 2:29pm On Feb 18
Penguin2:
The thing is that just like we saw the Buhari disaster from one thousand miles away in 2015 and refused to vote for him…

So also did we see the Tinubu catastrophe from a million miles away and shouted on top of our voices that he should be rejected. We equally refused to vote for him.

Now, it’s the ijiots who fuulishly believed that Tinubu had anything to offer that are disappointed and protesting.

The Igbos already foresaw and foretold the disaster and prepared for whatever comes with it. So, we are not disappointed.

While you fuuls can continue to enjoy the El deraldo you hoped for from a mannequin who licks a microphone.

Ndi ala!

Interesting ! but before i push these conversation further, government did not begin with Buhari and Nigeria did not start with APC

My Question, prior to 2015 was South East ever part of any protest that resonate with national interest, even during the GEJ subsidy protest did the South East joined occupy nigerian

If antecedences is anything to go by, East don't have it in them to protest for Nigeria lets face the truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by johnog4sure: 3:24pm On Feb 18
greenermodels:
if Peter Obi removed fuel subsidy,we would have seen the money been saved instead of borrowing and printing more money, He would have drastically reduced the cost of governance instead of moving from Dubai to France with a bloated entourage costing billions of naira,he wouldn't have over a hundred car convoy, he would have auctioned off the presidential jets or hand them over the military, he wouldn't buy a presidential yacht, he would have tackled the Fulani militia and returned displaced farmers back to their farms as he repeatedly promised during the campaigns,he would have invested heavily on productive ventures like Agriculture and industrialization,etc
Dont mind that idiot he wanted to turn this post to anti-obi post again bunch of slaves who love their chains

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by McStoic(m): 3:30pm On Feb 18
aswani:

Ndi Hausa, Ndi Yoruba and the rest of the country, they all voted based on who they felt would do a better job, stop with the Vanity and God complex, no one was thinking about Ndigbo suffering when choosing who to vote.

As proven by APC still winning bye elections deep into President Tinubu's tenure, it is about who people feel will benefit them.

Let them keep on feeling then and not disturb Ndigbo. Someone will repeat a mistake several times over and you say that person doesn't deserve to suffer?

Voting APC because of what their emotions tell them instead of the reality on ground is nothing short of self hate i.e cutting one's nose to spite their face..

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by Babaken(m): 3:57pm On Feb 18
Penguin2:

HiBut fuuls said he tamed Atlantic and rigged him in.

Ndi ala!
Ndi ala oburo nke nta.
We. Are quietly leaning the lessons.

4 Likes

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by Freebills12: 4:24pm On Feb 18
[color=#000099][/color]
Penguin2:

Ndi ala!

South East is quiet period! Who asked you? On what capacity are running your mouth? Those to who making official statement and riots deemed it feat to keep quiet, and that silence is what is killing them... Why are you running your mouth? Let them speculate? Or you want to be a wailing wailer?

1 Like

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by Amumaigwe: 4:31pm On Feb 18
badoh:

Please can you tell me how Obi would have tackled insecurities especially in the North. You people should talk speaking as if you're the mouthpiece of Obi. Are you the one that wants to do the work?

They send you to get Obi template ni? You people are not ashamed.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by Topman7: 4:36pm On Feb 18
ZombiePUNISHER:

so you think Nigerians are suffering solely for the subsidy removal?..

if you remove subsidy.. like Tinubu did, where's the money?..
where's the CNG buses purchased to ease transportation fares..
Insecurity is the main reason of hunger in the land, farmers has left the farm.. and the borders are shut
All these are down to Tinubu's incompetence..

He removed subsidy to raise monthly allocations to states and federal government,
Sharing monies to cronies increases poverty..
Tinubu is a disaster

Thanks for admitting that he increased your state allocation as a result of the removal of subsidies.

WHAT HAVE YOUR IGBO STATE GOVERNORS DONE WITH THE MONEY?

Thieves claiming sainthood.
Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by Benwallt(m): 4:53pm On Feb 18
Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by Sirianese: 5:10pm On Feb 18
Listen to this old fool why was the north quiet for eight years of Buhari catastrophe

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by stacyadams: 5:13pm On Feb 18
Gjrich:

Tinubu: I Honestly Don't Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet; Uncharacteristically Quiet - According to Professor Usman
Traditional leaders from the country’s north have been discussing the continued hardships, which include food insecurity and other issues, in recent weeks.

In the midst of all of that, Professor Usman was asked why the North and South West have been the regions that have spoken out the most during his discussion of the state of the economy on Arise News.

Surprisingly, the South East and South-South have been quiet, and if there could be a reason for that, and if the agitation for better governance continues through the North and South West, will there be a political implication for the president?

Responding to that question, the former executive secretary, NHIS, Professor Usman Yusuf said, “I honestly don’t know why the Southeast is quite, uncharacteristically quiet, but then, the president needs to find out. The North is where I know I live, and the silence in the North is more literal than the noise anywhere else in the country”.

Let the easterners keep quiet,we are teaching pita obi and ibos a lesson cheesy grin ndi Ara ndi Ara lekwa ha ......ha cho irim cheesy

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by bigwig071(m): 5:20pm On Feb 18
Ibos can do and survive on its own.. just take a look at coward clowns (yorubas) upon say their brother is the president and they have sea ports controlling almost everything in Nigeria yet they are the one always begging for money all the time on any platform

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by bigwig071(m): 5:20pm On Feb 18
Nigerian government and economy has been useless to us since day one that's why...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by slimstanakacns(m): 5:24pm On Feb 18
greenermodels:
We long lost faith in Nigeria and the rigging of the last general election once again proves the hopelessness of the Nigerian project so why bother ourselves with a hopeless situation,here in the east people are preparing for eventual economic collapse because there's no sign that the economic and security situayption in the coun4try would get better soon.

3 Likes

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by killsmith(f): 5:55pm On Feb 18
bigwig071:
Ibos can do and survive on its own.. just take a look at coward clowns (yorubas) upon say their brother is the president and they have sea ports controlling almost everything in Nigeria yet they are the one always begging for money all the time on any platform
Every state in yorubaland have access to sea. They have a seaport but they have become beggars who are whipped for bread, waiting for government to give them food and renovate their rusted roof.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by seguno2: 6:00pm On Feb 18
successmatters:
Maybe the Prof has been deaf.

The SE has shouted themselves hoarse during the run up to the elections, no need to talk again.

Breakfast time, all man must keep quiet and eat. grin

Did Igbo people help Tinubu achieve his APC turn by turn Emilokan dream, by voting for communist LP Peter Obi despite Soludo’s warnings

jameshankss:
Anambra State Governor, Professor Chukwuma Soludo, has said he is sure the candidate of Labour Party (LP), Mr Peter Obi, would lose the 2023 presidential election. Soludo said he would not submit to the bullying of Obi’s supporters, who recently descended on him for addressing issues in the state.

The governor made the comments in a lengthy write-up personally authored, with the title, “History Beckons, and I Will Not Be Silent (Part 1).”

Soludo said Obi was inadvertently making the pathway to victory much easier for the presidential candidate of All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, and at the same time, toying with the destiny of millions of Ndigbo.

But the chief spokesperson for the Labour Party Presidential Campaign, Yunusa Tanko, accused Soludo of being sponsored by some unknown persons to weaken the base of the party in the South-east.

The former CBN governor had been under intense attack for close to a week for dismissing Obi’s investment in the state as amounting to nothing, during a television interview.

Soludo said in the write-up, “My attention has been drawn to some of the tirades on social media following my frank response during an interview on Channels TV regarding the ‘investments’ Mr. Peter Obi claimed to have made with Anambra State revenues.

“Sadly, several of the comments left the issue of the interview to probe or suggest motives, inferred from my response on ‘investment’ that I am opposed to Peter Obi’s ambition and, therefore, committed a ‘crime’ for which the punishment is internecine abuse and harassment, even to my family.

“Everyone knows that I don’t follow the winds or one to succumb to bullies, or shy away from a good fight especially, when weighty matters of principles and future of the people are involved.”

Soludo said he had urged Obi to return to his former party, the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), to actualise his presidential bid. He added that he had always told the LP candidate to his face that he was not capable of winning the 2023 presidential election, especially, under LP, which had neither a councillor nor a local government chairman.

Soludo said Obi was not just his friend, but also his brother, but despite that, they have their political differences.

He stated, “For full disclosure, let me state that Peter Obi and I are not just friends, we call ourselves ‘brothers’. But we have political differences: he left APGA for PDP after his tenure as governor, while I have remained in APGA since 2013.

“During the last two governorship elections in Anambra in 2017 and 2021, he led the PDP campaigns but APGA won landslide in both elections. By the way, in 2016, he visited and proposed that I defect to PDP and contest the 2017 election against the incumbent Willie Obiano, but I declined.

“After my victory in November 2021, he called to congratulate me, as I did to him in 2010. That is the Anambra way: we fight fiercely during campaigns but share drinks at the next social events. After all, it was the Great Zik of Africa, who taught us that in politics, there are no permanent friends or permanent enemies but only permanent interests.”

Arguing that Obi’s presidential bid would only work in favour of Tinubu, Soludo said, “Indeed, if I were Asiwaju Tinubu, I would even give Peter Obi money as someone heading one of the departments of his campaign, because Obi is making Tinubu’s pathway to victory much easier by indirectly pulling down PDP.”

Obi, according to Soludo, would only deplete the votes of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and pave the path for an APC victory.

He stated, “The current fleeting frenzy, if not checked, will cost Ndigbo dearly for years. The South-east has the lowest number of votes of any region, but it is also the only region where the presidential race might be a four-way race (it is a two-way race in the other five regions) thereby, ensuring that our votes won’t count in the making of the next president of Nigeria.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/11/15/soludo-i-wont-succumb-to-bullies-obi-knows-he-cant-win/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by seguno2: 6:02pm On Feb 18
greenermodels:
We long lost faith in Nigeria and the rigging of the last general election once again proves the hopelessness of the Nigerian project so why bother ourselves with a hopeless situation,here in the east people are preparing for eventual economic collapse because there's no sign that the economic and security situation in the country would get better soon.

Tinubu won the election, thanks to Igbo votes for communist labourer Peter Obi.

He deserves part of the blame for the shege promax that Tinubu is inflicting on 200 million Nigerians. Don’t you think

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by ZombiePUNISHER: 6:15pm On Feb 18
Topman7:

Thanks for admitting that he increased your state allocation as a result of the removal of subsidies.
WHAT HAVE YOUR IGBO STATE GOVERNORS DONE WITH THE MONEY?
Thieves claiming sainthood.

Those thieves are all in bed with Tinubu..

A good president removes fuel subsidy and gives it back to the people with increased capital expenditures, soft loans and grants.. free taxes... etc

But Tinubu is all about money for his cronies, fellow criminals.. why are people hungry?.
why is there insecurity?..
Tinubu has no time for the masses

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by Zool6: 6:31pm On Feb 18
one human leg in ogun today is 10k naira both 2 legs goes for 20k naira if u prize well it will come down to 15k for both legs any day I vese I use 1m and oder for 10,000 pics of ronu legs and feed it to my fishes grin grin

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by greenermodels: 6:40pm On Feb 18
seguno2:

Tinubu won the election, thanks to Igbo votes for communist labourer Peter Obi.

He deserves part of the blame for the shege promax that Tinubu is inflicting on 200 million Nigerians. Don’t you think
Do you honestly believe that Tinubu won the election,free and fair?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by aswani(m): 7:19pm On Feb 18
greenermodels:
Do you honestly believe that Tinubu won the election,free and fair?

Do you have proof that he didn't.

Would you like to see proof that Cynthia Okeke rigged for LP?
Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by greenermodels: 7:37pm On Feb 18
aswani:

Do you have proof that he didn't.

Would you like to see proof that Cynthia Okeke rigged for LP?
I leave you to your conscience.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by Emmabyte: 8:40pm On Feb 18
My name is Emmanuel, I am a member of imo youth assembly, I want to use this minute to call on Imo State youths never to participate in any demonstration, no protest what so ever will be accepted. we are in hard time lets please allow our people to enjoy the peace in the land. God bless Imo State

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by Gobdddd(m): 8:43pm On Feb 18
Someone should tell him this Tinubu's govt is my favourite govt.
PDP rule, I no build house.
Buhari rule for 8years, I no build house.

Na em Tinubu take over. Fiam, from foundation, my house don pass parapet.
I don buy stonetiles roofing sheets already.
About to buy planks for my duplex.

My village people are doing well too.

This govt is favouring me and my family.

That's the end of my testimony.
May Tinubu continue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by AnyanwuSilas: 8:43pm On Feb 18
We have 6 regions in Nigeria not 4. We have NW, NE, NC, SW, SS & SE. Stop dividing the south.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardship: I Honestly Don’t Know Why The Southeast Is Quiet - Usman Yusuf by condralbedez: 9:02pm On Feb 18
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Questions General Buhari Must Answer, By Fani-kayode / Buhari Likes Fulani Herdsmen – Fani-kayode / Colonel Kenneth Eze Elemele Killed In Boko Haram Ambush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.