Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,914 members, 7,828,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads (27191 Views)

2022 Budget: Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend 508m On Food As Hunger Bites Nigerians / Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown / Coronavirus: FG Starts Immediate Cash Transfer To Poorest Households - Farouk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:31pm On Feb 19

Re: Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads by malali: 8:32pm On Feb 19
Raise chickens for meat and poultry
Raise rabbits for proteins
Explore cassava options
Limit what you purchase
Start food coops in densely populated areas. buy in bulk to reduce overhead.

Time to get creative.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads by Franklyspeakin: 8:33pm On Feb 19
The major protest is coming

3 Likes

Re: Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads by EdiskyHarry: 8:33pm On Feb 19
Tinubu came to steal, to kill and to destroy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads by Tjra: 8:33pm On Feb 19
iwaeda:

Ikun Jide alone then grin grin grin grin grin
grin
Re: Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads by sportskid(m): 8:34pm On Feb 19
I pray the government figure things out. If not, we are heading to the Worst situation since after civil war. Things will surely fall apart. APC have really damaged this country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads by Sijo01(f): 8:34pm On Feb 19
Only if they had voted credibility as against tribal/religious sentiment

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads by Figolouis: 8:35pm On Feb 19
Let it be known that some few individuals sold us as a whole for their personal interest.
TINUBU said it is his turn and his birth right to become the president,
WIKE single handedly sold all RIVERS State vote for TINUBU so that he will still be relevant in politics

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads by Grace001: 8:37pm On Feb 19
Suffering and smiling. Nigerians are used to hardship

1 Like

Re: Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads by Bazztadewu: 8:37pm On Feb 19
I'm filled up.ate 8pieces of plantain with stew 1 meat n fried egg.with my fav crackers biscuit n pepsi. I eat however I wish.

1 Like

Re: Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads by Bazztadewu: 8:39pm On Feb 19
I can now enjoy my sleep. The best decision I made this year was to change my number. Got fed up of calls from idiots on my payroll. Tinubu reset my brain. We die here.

5 Likes

Re: Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads by NaijaCrusader: 8:39pm On Feb 19
Tinubu should do the honorable thing and resign together with his ineffective CBN governor they have failed the task, Nigeria is too big for them. The confusion and ineptitude shown by them is at another level.

He should resign before he gets disgraced out of office

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads by airsaylongcome: 8:40pm On Feb 19
malali:
Explore cassava options
Limit what you purchase

Time to get creative.

Animal feed production is slowly grinding to a halt. So what will these animals eat?

4 Likes

Re: Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads by malali: 8:45pm On Feb 19
airsaylongcome:

Animal feed production is slowly grinding to a halt. So what will these animals eat?

This is where science and technology would help, we have to create cheaper less expensive animal feeds.

Cassava peel meal is a byproduct of cassava processing and is often discarded or underutilized. However, it can be dried, ground, and incorporated into poultry feeds as a source of energy and fiber. Cassava peel meal is relatively inexpensive and can help reduce feed costs for poultry farmers.

Palm Kernel Cake: Palm kernel cake is a byproduct of palm oil extraction and contains protein, energy, and fiber. It can be used as a supplementary protein source in poultry feeds, especially in combination with other protein-rich ingredients such as soybean meal. Palm kernel cake is generally less expensive than soybean meal, making it a cost-effective option for poultry feed formulation.

Brewer's Dried Grains: Brewer's dried grains are a byproduct of the brewing industry and contain protein, fiber, and some residual carbohydrates. They can be used as a source of protein and energy in poultry feeds, particularly for broilers and layers. Brewer's dried grains are often available at relatively low cost and can help reduce feed expenses for poultry farmers.

Groundnut Cake: Groundnut cake, also known as peanut cake or peanut meal, is a byproduct of peanut oil extraction. It contains protein, fat, and fiber and can be used as a protein source in poultry feeds. Groundnut cake is commonly available in Nigeria and is generally less expensive than other protein-rich feed ingredients such as soybean meal.

Feather Meal: Feather meal is a byproduct of poultry processing and contains protein and minerals. While feathers are not typically consumed by poultry, they can be processed into feather meal through hydrolysis or steam treatment. Feather meal can be used as a source of protein in poultry feeds, particularly for broilers and layers. It is often less expensive than other protein-rich feed ingredients such as fish meal or meat meal.

Cocoyam: Cocoyam is a root vegetable that is widely grown in Nigeria and contains carbohydrates, fiber, and some minerals. It can be boiled, mashed, and included in poultry feeds as a source of energy and fiber. Cocoyam is relatively inexpensive and can help reduce feed costs for poultry farmers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads by Lighthammer(m): 8:46pm On Feb 19
The situation is dire and extreme
as am typing this i haven't had a thing to eat since morning
if not for self discipline and perseverance,some of us guys would have seek other illegal alternatives to survive,but we will endure

3 Likes

Re: Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads by leathalbeast: 8:49pm On Feb 19
I thought Nigerians were really brave but they aren't, if they were they should have sent the old man on permanent exile to france by now.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads by JoeEeL(m): 8:50pm On Feb 19
THE KIND OF NEWS I SEE ON NAIRALAND THESE DAYS IS SO SATISFYING.

WHERE ARE MY GUYS, THEM AUSTINEVA AND CO?

BELLE JUST DEY SWEET ME. cheesy

ONE-NIGERIA FOR LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Where are those people who used to have the energy to mock Yoruba nation, Igboho and Kanu? Their voices are so faint these days. C'mon, talk loud make we hear u... cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads by amAZEing: 8:51pm On Feb 19

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads by Vinnie2000(m): 8:51pm On Feb 19
malali:
Explore cassava options
Limit what you purchase

Time to get creative.

Do you know how much is it, to Buy Chicken feed

Even if you leave the Chickens to roam about for Food, THEFT is very Likely this period. undecided

After Supporting USELESS politicians and Political parties,
U guys starts to make annoying statements. sad

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads by boom99(m): 8:53pm On Feb 19
Infront of my house like this my neighbor dey unapologetically cooking with charcoal. I go just hail am pass. Make person no use vex slap me. I no well

7 Likes

Re: Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads by Naijanascam: 8:54pm On Feb 19
I am Batified grin grin grin

Re: Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads by ednut1(m): 8:54pm On Feb 19
E never even reach one year

3 Likes

Re: Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads by Blankstare(m): 8:54pm On Feb 19
SwissMass:
Ebi is too much for them

Spot on grin... the hunger is everywhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads by Vinnie2000(m): 8:55pm On Feb 19
sportskid:
I pray the government figure things out. If not, we are heading to the Worst situation since after civil war. Things will surely fall apart. APC have really damaged this country

This Useless APC/tinibu govt CANNOT figure anything out. undecided

The only option for them is to Reduce the Price of Fuel to N200-N400
And some Prices of items will drop slightly. sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads by eepeepook: 8:55pm On Feb 19
Birth one or two children, una no go hear. Good for una. Shey, pikin na blessing from God? I dey fold arms look una. “Ebi npa wa.”

1 Like

Re: Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads by GreaterFuture(m): 8:56pm On Feb 19
iwaeda:
We told you, Tinubu doesn't have it, that Nigeria will get worse, but they told us he built men. Men that belong to archive; Edun, Cardoso. He has turned governance to bigotry. grin grin grin grin grin grin
NO. Not that he doesn't have it, or he is unable of turn things around, far from it! They are just ruthless, completely darkhearted.
This a game, a long long game, with many twists and turns, and many layers to it... An old, old game, very old game.

It's not about capability at all, at all at all!
Which makes them even more ______ (You fill the blanks) .....
It takes ones mind to another far off dimension entirely.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads by faceland: 8:56pm On Feb 19
Pro Tip:
Don't eat the one meal in the morning or afternoon (especially if it has no flavour). Wait till you are very hungry and press it down (as e dey hot)... Then you can go out to spit and brush teeth.
Re: Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads by RepoMan007: 8:56pm On Feb 19
One of the funniest articles I have read in a while.

To cap it off, they used that Tinubu's picture where he was smiling sheepishly just after a concluding paragraph about people eating yam peels, cassava peels and soyabean chaff.

1 Like

Re: Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads by mipeesoft(m): 8:58pm On Feb 19
It will soon get to the point where all coping measures will be exhausted and there won't be way out anymore. So what will happen thereafter??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads by andy244: 8:59pm On Feb 19
Ebin pawa oo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads by ZombiePUNISHER: 9:00pm On Feb 19
Ola9ja23:

Igbos are lamenting more than expected.😂😂

Yes oo

Protest in Ibadan today..

ogbomosho tomorrow grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Households Adopt Extreme Coping Measures As Hunger Spreads by Killermamba: 9:03pm On Feb 19
Chicagograduate:
Which kind democracy Nigeria dey practice?
agbadocracy

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ooni, Before His Death, Spoke Of Marginalisation Of The Yoruba Race – Obasanjo / Professor Olayinka Is New VC Of University Of Ibadan / Binta Garba: My Primary Constituency Is To Be In The Kitchen & Other Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.