Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. (25187 Views)

She Said She Can't Marry Me Because I Am A Tailor / Her Mother Said She Can't Marry An Ebonyi Man / Lady Who Said "I Can't Marry Man That Earns N100k Monthly" Caught Begging N50k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by amaridigital(m): 2:03pm On Apr 20
edicied:
This thread is so funny especially the way the op is defending his Olosho sister cheesy

I think say na only me see am. Human being enn

4 Likes

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 2:05pm On Apr 20
laivwire:
The world used to frown at social climbers but today, we have realized the end truly justifies the means. Call it what you want but marriage still remains one of the valuable tools to personal, spiritual, professional and life changing growth.

Getting married to a valuable individual can open doors for you in places you never dare step into, give you exotic citizenship or even make you entitled to a bloodline/monarchy beyond what you as an individual or if married to a 'lower class' individual can achieve. Your children sef fit fine pass you because of your marriage decisions.

Any aspiring individual is to open his eyes wide when making such decisions. It used to be women concerned about this before but even men need to take cognizance of this fact in these times.

You have a strong point. I can't count how many times I've accessed opportunities because of strategic positioning in friendships not to talk of marriage.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 2:06pm On Apr 20
Omalicious1:

Till this earth passes away, you can't separate women from hypergamy...its in their blood. Know this know peace.

It's men with low standards that allow this.
Even the rich get married to the rich.

1 Like

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 2:08pm On Apr 20
Kemadealadire:
Men are made to be providers, a woman's job is to assist where necessary.

Your quality of life is sumtotal of your choices, decisions, actions and inactions.

Nobody forces anybody to do anything. It's those who can't think for themselves and follow the herd mentality I pity in all these. Do what's right for you and pleases God, the world will adjust. Una no dey tire.

It's how bad guys want good girls, dumb guys want intelligent girls and vice versa etc. Man was made to provide, it's not the job of a woman to, this is unnegotiable. Even if you go for a rich girl, you don't expect her to provide. The earlier you start working towards being in charge of provision, the better.

In a modern world where women are fighting for equality and are favoured sentimentally in almost every aspect of living.
It's high time we start splitting the bills. Yes I'm a provider, but I'll be needing assistance.

6 Likes

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 2:11pm On Apr 20
Gerrard59:

Well, at the end of the day, you would still marry a woman who earns less than you. That is the truth, especially for Nigerian men who are antsy about their wives out-earning them. It is hypergamy women always aspire to men higher than they (women). It is evolutionary and
biologically. Heck, it is even economical, if not for gender equality which has reduced the number of jobs available to men.

However, where you come top is when you get women interested in you as you earn well. You would be accused of cheating by your wife or serious girlfriend, but to me, you are merely exercising your options. As long as you provide for the family and don't carry diseases to madam, I say go ahead. You are enjoying your prime, just as she had hers. Life na turn by turn.

P.S. My sister has told me the same and I laughed it off. Women are the same everywhere. In fact, Nigerian women's hypergamy is small. Swiss and Chinese Singaporean women's hypergamy are off the roof.

I feel you're the only one that gets where I'm driving at without sentiments or bias. Because you've been in the same situation too.😂

1 Like

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 2:12pm On Apr 20
Avast:

One of my friends told me the only reason she is still in her marriage is because she is not financially independent.

Can you imagine.
Sadly this is true for 80% of marriages.
Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 2:13pm On Apr 20
GreatVocalist:

If marriage is finance, then how come most celebrity marriages are crashing on a regular basis?

Celebrity marriages are all publicity stunts. It's bound to fail.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 2:14pm On Apr 20
idahme:

It's better to choose a woman who has money and needs a man than to choose a woman who doesn't have money but needs a man( you can't determine wether she needs the man because she is poor and when you raise her economic value she now decides she doesn't need a man because she now can fend for herself).

This is how lots of divorce come from, a lot who are very poor and humble now become tyrants at home because they no longer see the value of a man since he has changed their economic bracket upwards. That's why I support those who go for people of higher economic value because they are more certain it's not because the women need palliatives as the first reason for entering a relationship.

I I'm not against those going for women of economic value with great personalities but I'm saying it's a better safety net for the man going into relationships with women who come from higher economic bracket with great personalities than their counterparts in the lower echelon.

From personal experience.
This is true.

1 Like

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 2:14pm On Apr 20
Babaibeji2020:

.........shingbai for akant.....🤣🤣🤣
Only thing I read up there!

😂

1 Like

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by okoroemeka(m): 2:16pm On Apr 20
Negroid001:

Nah. I know my sis, asides her excuse, we have this unwritten rule since we were young, we don't fall for each others friends.

Besides she don see the shege wey i don dish out to many exes. She's protecting her friend angry

Any decision she makes, it's up to her. My own is to watch out for her. Marriage no be achievement for my family. Erryone is career eccentric, no pressures
your views is very valid and on point,but nature has made it so that women are loved unconditionally but a man is loved and cherished on the condition of what he provides,a rich man can date a poor girl and lift her up but a rich woman will not even see a poor man as a human being,nature has also made men to be the head and the providers and whatever happens it is good and healthy for a man to be providing with the wife's support but if a man relaxs for a woman to provide them you will know how wicked women are,but to aspire for a woman to be in same economic class is not too much to ask,even to be in similar intellectual class is also a necessity

1 Like

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by remiopash: 2:16pm On Apr 20
Negroid001:
Me and my younger sister were having our usual afternoon gossips and gists and something came up.
I asked after a close friend of hers whom i know to be very affluent and she erupted that i should stop asking after her that she doesn't support me dating any of her close friends. I asked her why, she said i have nothing to offer her friend. I mean, imagine, I'm some years away from 30, working with several firms of which 1 is among the top 10 highest grossing in the country and this big head has the audacity to tell me i can't hook her rich friend.

I take us down memory lane to the reason why she ditched her immediate ex, she told me the dude was struggling and she didn't see much prospect in him, her childhood crush oo. I asked her what's the difference between me and her? She couldn't come up with a valid response. She kept on hollering that I'm supposed to be a provider. Provider my ass.

As a man, I've set the standard of not getting involved with women below my economic class or earnings and i see nothing wrong with it. If women see marrying above one's class as normal, we men shouldn't accept anyone below par also.

Woman wey no get shingbai for account go dey give man wey dey earn conditions, what absurdity!

Let's stop fooling ourselves with love shi. Marriages and relationships are transactional.
It's an arrangement and one has to make the best of choices. What are you bringing to the table?

I blame low self esteemed men for putting a false sense of value on our women. The thing dey mess with their brain. The only thing most of them have to offer is sex, nothing more.

Men, raise your standards!

I agree with you 100 percent. Please, dont settle for less.

1 Like

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Maysdevices(f): 2:16pm On Apr 20
TheRealestGuy:

Being feminine, beautiful, inspirational and family oriented is what you speak of in derogatory terms like this cheesy

You say men want to lead but this is the classic lack of accountability most women exhibit. It has been proven since beginning of time that women love a man to be in charge; and so men step up to this to cater to what women want.

Even you making noise here wants a man who is in charge but you can pretend all you like. And if you say you're not then you're a 0.1% minority of women who all mostly want this.

You have resulted to guilt tripping and shaming tactics simply because a man set his standards.

Shioor.

At least the "bimbo" will take good care of the kids and inspire the man to take his family to the greatest possible height.

While the "hustler" slaves away at a job or career, ends up alone and bitter, freezes her eggs at 35 and goes on the hunt for a weak idiot to have a baby and do life all alone.

BTW again, it has been proven that an overwhelming majority of women prefer to be a "bimbo" and raising a family is one of the most important jobs in the world, certainly more important than a career in "marketing" or "linguistic studies".

Again, shioor cheesy
I am agreeing with him and telling him that if he chooses such a woman, he is destined to share his manhood with her and you still have a problem? What exactly is men’s issue with women on this site? Like even the op described the woman I described ‘a fake ass slave’

Why don’t you go tackle him?

I didn’t read much of what you wrote but if I came across as one disparaging the life of a homemaker, then I apologize…

No need to get rude or use terms like I’m ‘making noise’ when your fellow men describe women who have decided to be homemakers in these same terms everyday

Don’t get in your feelings because you feel it’s a woman typing

All I’m saying is the man above to choose one, it’s either you provide without complaints like the ‘man’ you claim to be or you get the a hustler that thinks like you and hold your peace forever

It is that simple

It is your fellow men that use these terms to abuse the women they know they are destined to take care off, your problem should be with them and not me

4 Likes

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 2:18pm On Apr 20
Maysdevices:
Men will never raise their standards because of their own egos

Most men can’t handle the mindset of women on their economic class for too long because they are too serious like you are about life and have no time neither the desire to act stupid or airheaded (which is what they term girliness) and will often end up desiring that false sense of manliness the bimbos below their level provide

The air headed characteristics of women below their class who pretend to be ‘soft and feminine’ just to get a man to dump all their responsibilities on will still appeal to them later on

Men want to lead all the time, you cannot lead a hustler so most of you will still marry bimbos with nothing to offer

Speak for your brothers and family not me.
I'm not leading anyone. Marriage is teamwork.
Not looking for a slave. I only do women who have a mind of their own, not some fake ass submissive pretender.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 2:19pm On Apr 20
Maysdevices:
Lol. Except he’s read to drop the title ‘Man’ ‘head of house’. He is just deceiving himself

Of course I'm the man of the house.
And my wife is going to be the caretaker of affairs.
Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Callosobruchus: 2:19pm On Apr 20
Mehn!!!I like this guy already.How can a normal thinking man just see a fine girl without shishi and say he wants to go into a serious relationship with her?Na government you be?Shebi na poverty alleviation program you wan' run for her?If you are a lady and you're jobless without a business(no matter how small)then just know that the only kind of men that would be attracted to you are the ones that only need sex from you or a fool who you'd never fall in love with genuinely because of his folly.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Maysdevices(f): 2:20pm On Apr 20
Negroid001:

Speak for your brothers and family not me.
I'm not leading anyone. Marriage is teamwork.
Not looking for a slave. I only do women who have a mind of their own, not some fake ass submissive pretender.
Thats what you will say now but look at the comments of your fellow men above who are looking for a ‘slave’

Well, congratulations, you have chosen the best path

They can’t even take my assertions without getting in their feelings simply because my moniker shows (f)

2 Likes

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 2:20pm On Apr 20
wany:

Sadly this will never happen in Africa and Nigeria to be precise, you know why? Nigerian men want a woman they can control and you definitely can't control who is at par with you. so you need that low-life woman , mostly the low self-esteem once , like they say mold to what you want but the joke is always double on them undecided

Said it countless times. I'm not controlling anyone. What i want is genuine interest and respect for each other. You can't get that from a struggling low class bi***.
Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 2:23pm On Apr 20
cococandy:
Problem is that the woman who’s earning the same as you would probably be the same age as you. But yall don’t want that. You want a woman 10 years younger than you but who has magically caught up with you financially while doing everything else you consider too feminine for a masculine man like you.

Tell me I’m wrong. I’m waiting

Age is a number to me.
I can marry anyone of any age. So long she's not too older than me.
Fyi. I don't do juveniles. Our energy never matches.

1 Like

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 2:23pm On Apr 20
Mccollins042:
I agree with you on this 100%. Please sir, I'm a good self-taught data analyst who studied Electrical Engineering in school, please can you use any of those connection of yours and help me get a job in this Lagos or anywhere here is my number 08164000930
What can you do?
Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Maysdevices(f): 2:23pm On Apr 20
Negroid001:

Of course I'm the man of the house.
And my wife is going to be the caretaker of affairs.
Lol. Okay sir 😁
Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by MartinsD12(m): 2:24pm On Apr 20
Negroid001:
Me and my younger sister were having our usual afternoon gossips and gists and something came up.
I asked after a close friend of hers whom i know to be very affluent and she erupted that i should stop asking after her that she doesn't support me dating any of her close friends. I asked her why, she said i have nothing to offer her friend. I mean, imagine, I'm some years away from 30, working with several firms of which 1 is among the top 10 highest grossing in the country and this big head has the audacity to tell me i can't hook her rich friend.

I take us down memory lane to the reason why she ditched her immediate ex, she told me the dude was struggling and she didn't see much prospect in him, her childhood crush oo. I asked her what's the difference between me and her? She couldn't come up with a valid response. She kept on hollering that I'm supposed to be a provider. Provider my ass.

As a man, I've set the standard of not getting involved with women below my economic class or earnings and i see nothing wrong with it. If women see marrying above one's class as normal, we men shouldn't accept anyone below par also.

Woman wey no get shingbai for account go dey give man wey dey earn conditions, what absurdity!

Let's stop fooling ourselves with love shi. Marriages and relationships are transactional.
It's an arrangement and one has to make the best of choices. What are you bringing to the table?

I blame low self esteemed men for putting a false sense of value on our women. The thing dey mess with their brain. The only thing most of them have to offer is sex, nothing more.

Men, raise your standards!

Simple if you want a man that has millions of money as a woman be ready to have same millions too so everything will match , you can't be using rich men as your poverty alleviation plan , you self go and make your own money , truth is no man will appreciate a broke liability as a girlfriend or wife if that man eventually marry such a girl the man can even bring girls to the house because the wife he married has nothing to offer in value , men appreciate hardworking ladies.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 2:24pm On Apr 20
Angelfrost:
Op is asking Nigerian men to raise their standards... Lol!

Even the ones forming Alpha males online still go offline to lay their life savings on the altar of fornication. grin

Sadly this is true😂
Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by spiceadole: 2:24pm On Apr 20
Negroid001:

Nah. I know my sis, asides her excuse, we have this unwritten rule since we were young, we don't fall for each others friends.

Besides she don see the shege wey i don dish out to many exes. She's protecting her friend angry

Any decision she makes, it's up to her. My own is to watch out for her. Marriage no be achievement for my family. Erryone is career eccentric, no pressures

Your fellow man don insult your sister with the 30+ single scare...you are now quoting "marriage no be achievement for my family"..
Na for your sister turn,abi but for other ladies,you would troll them.
Continue to play

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 2:26pm On Apr 20
UjuJoan2:

You can raise your standards all you want, marry a billionaire if you like. You will still be a provider, that is your role as a man!!!

No woman wants to suffer through childbirth years, thinking of how to cater for the family financially too.

Gender roles are clearly defined and nothing you men do can change that. Except you want to start growing human beings too for nine months, 2 years of your life spent on pregnancy and nursing a child. That’s 6-10 years of a woman’s life based on average household size in Nigeria.

Oga, if you are not financially capable, who will cater for the home if your wife has to quit working because of health challenges associated with childbirth?

I like your sister abeg. If she stays with the broke guy out of love, what’s to say he’s not going to turn on her tomorrow when he becomes rich.

If you don’t want to provide for a woman, then don’t get married. Don’t even date. Become celibate and adopt kids. Nobody is forcing you to get married!

Because trust me, any man who is not a provider can NEVER have respect in that marriage. Go and ask poor married men. The woman might provide but your role as a man will be diminished. Women can only support broke me up to a certain point. If a man takes advantage of the woman’s understanding and becomes lazy and dependent, my dear it will not end well for the man.

As a matter of fact, that’s why some rich ladies never settle for broke guys. Because it’s easy for a man to get too comfortable and forget his role as a man.

Even the Bible says that any man who does not provide for his family is worse than an infidel.

I'm not running away from responsibilities sir.
I'm the provider definitely.
I'm not just getting married to a liability with no connections or life changing skills.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 2:26pm On Apr 20
Aplaudez:
This girl legitly told me to give her 30k to work her relocation for her nysc grin

I've being laughing since morning grin grin cheesy

Like what audacity 😒, am I her father

Please laugh with me guys grin grin

There's a thread i created, because of something similar to this.
Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by FatherCHRISTMAS: 2:28pm On Apr 20
Good decision
Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 2:28pm On Apr 20
spiceadole:

Your fellow man don insult your sister with the 30+ single scare...you are now quoting "marriage no be achievement for my family"..
Continue to play

For a 24 year old girl?
Some of my mates are married.
Why not troll me?
Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by GreatVocalist: 2:28pm On Apr 20
Negroid001:

Celebrity marriages are all publicity stunts. It's bound to fail.
Publicity stunts? Are you saying two people can't fall in love and choose to be committed to each other, because they're celebrities? They also produce children for publicity stunts as well? How does that work?

3 Likes

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by pocohantas(f): 2:33pm On Apr 20
spiceadole:

Continue to play

Na their way na. I have always wondered if all their sisters are even married. Yet they come online to curse single women. grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by spiceadole: 2:33pm On Apr 20
Negroid001:

For a 24 year old girl?
Some of my mates are married.
Why not troll me?

24years is now a girl because she is your sister.
Lol

5 Likes

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Negroid001(m): 2:35pm On Apr 20
Maysdevices:
Thats what you will say now but look at the comments of your fellow men above who are looking for a ‘slave’

Well, congratulations, you have chosen the best path

They can’t even take my assertions without getting in their feelings simply because my moniker shows (f)

Ahn ahn. I'm not like that.
I respect women that deserve to be respected.
I'll provide for a woman that deserves to be provided for

2 Likes

Re: Why I Can't Marry Below My Economic Class. by Kingrshd3: 2:35pm On Apr 20
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
No be lie op...

Every man's banny suppose get the kind muscle wey the guyman himself get. ....

Imagine dating a banny whose IQ is low angry. Like zero business IQ angry. Can't add any meaningful value to her man's life angry. Unfortunately, that's the kinda of bannies that are being reared and bred in this present generation....

Wahala dey cha .

May God bless your generation for this and u won't believe a friend of mine going closer to 45 finally impregnate one like that all in the name of he needs a child but not marriage because all these babes have low IQ low reasoning faculty etc ..

It's well my brother

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Does 'Playing Hard To Get' Make You Happy? / Why Are Fine Boys Always Shy / The Face Of A Devil Bastard (nigerian In The Philippines)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.