Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,488 members, 7,816,155 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

Are You Still Batified? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are You Still Batified? (23546 Views)

Are You Still Batified? / Is Magnus Abe Still BATified? / Are You Batified? Orji Uzor Kalu Asks Tinubu And Femi Gbajabiamila (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Still Batified? by placeofallure(f): 7:32pm On Feb 18
emkz:
Yes.

For many years, we have been living in a bubble. We subsidized the consumption by the rich. Our refineries have not been producing. There was pervasive insecurity. Oil theft was rife. Chinese were stealing from us. We started handing out dollars to people for reasons that don't make sense. The subsidy was consistently being abused by people who claimed it and still took the products across the borders. Local fuel consumption was inflated. There were no investments in critical infrastructure. Questionable billionaires emerged following the start of the 4th republic. The bought banks and no one knows the source of their incomes. Industries completely collapsed and religion became rife.

Infact, we started borrowing to pay salaries and subsidies. People like Professor Usman Yusuf in NHIS used their positions to rob the nation. Today, they are sudden moralists for a better Nigeria.

What Tinubu is doing is an attempt to refocus things so that the pains will not be even more in the future. Tinubu demonstrates the boldness many before him lacked. We can see some improvements in certain areas. For example, after the kidnap of the Nabeeha family and the killing of Nabeeha herself, we can see how Wike and Co swung into action and have arrested the masterminds. Our military chiefs are not talking too much and are doing the job.

I recall when they started partitioning roads in Lagos for BRT. As soon as the buses were rolled out, no one criticized Tinubu again. So the suffering we are currently facing are pains that will pass.

We only call on Tinubu to go after the sponsors of terrorism, banditry and rogue businessmen inflating prices. We also call on governors to shoe workings. It is evil for PDP governors to be attacking the President when they should be worried and working harder for their people.

As a people, let us put the same pressure on the governors, representatives and senators.

If the elections hold again, I'd still throw my weight behind Tinubu. Atiku had his time, and he had nothing to show for it. He is one of the architects of the current mess. Peter Obi is just a revolt against the status quo.

Any sincere Nigerian would make suggestions to help the nation.

I said it in another thread that people should call out the governors who just take and never give. Prior to this time, the economy was being patched here and there to appear healthy but it's not. The reality is dawning on the people now and they're are all crying foul! Tinubu is not the architect of Nigeria's woes, we've had it coming; we're not just attentive to warnings is all.
And to OP's question, Yes, I am still Batified!

4 Likes

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Ayo25: 7:32pm On Feb 18
Why do you need to remind me e go reach everybody, if it is actually going to get to me? Are you not tired of this pick up lines already? Look hardship and inflation are not new in Nigeria. I dont know how old are you though. We will survive this too like we have done others. No amount of messages of doom from naysayers like you will break people like us. Your god Obi or Atiku have been sent to where they belong. You refused to get over an election loss, so you should keep sulking like the kiddo you are.
Franking:

Leave Obi and Atiku out of the conversation. You are clearly one of those teaching the rest of us the lesson of our life. Big crisis is brewing due to hardship occasioned by whatever it is Tinubu is doing. Companies are folding up and relocating. Exchange rate is ridiculous. Prices of goods are skyrocketing, people are losing their job and struggling to feed and you have nothing meaningful to say other than Obi and Atiku as usual.

My brother the good thing is e go reach everybody. If you don't want to have sense people will one day have sense for you.

3 Likes

Re: Are You Still Batified? by sheeda995(f): 7:32pm On Feb 18
Orubebe01:
50 kg bag of rice is now 70,000
Bag of cement is now between 12,000/15,000
Price of medicine have all gone up
Naira is now worthless
Companies are closing down because of high cost of production.
Unemployment rate is on the increase.
Price of goods and services increasing astronomically.
Citizens finding it hard to feed.
School fees are on the increase.

My question now is, are you still Batified?
Are you still standing on his mandate?
I just become batified now because he's been pressurised. If it were to be igbo or hausa, by now they will still be saying they are doing well
Re: Are You Still Batified? by Cj4charles(m): 7:32pm On Feb 18
Basic123:
He told us he would remove subsidy and float naira before he became president and I still voted for him.

I told people who cared to listen then that things will be tough during his regime including my dad.

I will still vote for him again....Not this holier than thou fraud packaged as messiah below
I feel your pain😂😂🤣🤣.... Mànnabbqgrills, Hèlinus & that Benue Goat did more than this😂😂

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by azikiweironsi(m): 7:33pm On Feb 18
Yes. I am 1000% BATIFIED.
This is democracy. Everybody has right to choose his/her candidate.

4 Likes

Re: Are You Still Batified? by adamusuleiman2: 7:33pm On Feb 18
Intergrated:
you can switch to your father
See Painment.
You are even angry because I said I will vote for Atiku in 2027 if APC fails.

It's called choice. You can't bully others to vote your candidate 🤣

2 Likes

Re: Are You Still Batified? by sheeda995(f): 7:33pm On Feb 18
goodconsience77:
It will take extremely loyal person or someone who is benefiting from what is happening that will still be loyal at this junction will find ourselves.
Tinubu should pls and pls open the borders for essential food stuff like rice to be imported to cuision the effect of high price of food items in the market. By so doing the price of other food will come down drastically.
He shouldn't listen to all the selfish people that call themselves economist that couldn't profound solution to our problems. The interest of the greedy few shouldn't override the interest of the majority.
Produce your rice
Re: Are You Still Batified? by Image123(m): 7:34pm On Feb 18
Agbegbaorogboye:

But subsidy is back na

More of a rumour, though it will not be very good to have the price of fuel increase right now. Would it?
Re: Are You Still Batified? by Osidazz19: 7:34pm On Feb 18
Ofunaofu:

When did he complain?

The last time I checked, he granted no interviews or engaged in any debate during the campaigns.

You must have been blind and deaf.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:35pm On Feb 18
lebienconnu:
YES, YES and YES.

For having enough confidence to remove fuel subsidy and floating Naira I will forever and ever remain BATTIFIED.
But subsidy is back and the naira is sinking not floating

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Image123(m): 7:35pm On Feb 18
Borrow222:

If you finish ranting you craw back and eat sand.

Say it in your local language, i have google translator which should do a better job for you.
Re: Are You Still Batified? by nigeriansamurai(m): 7:35pm On Feb 18
ElSudani:

What did you all think was going on then?
fuel was cheaper, inflation was lower, crime rate was lower, japa rate was lower... That is what was going on then...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Ofunaofu: 7:35pm On Feb 18
Osidazz19:

don't resort to insults

Post links so that one can verify

1 Like

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:36pm On Feb 18
Image123:

More of a rumour, though it will not be very good to have the price of fuel increase right now. Would it?
It's not a rumour. IMF already confirmed it. The facts are also pointing to it.
If you say his subsidy removal is spot on, how do you now justify bringing it back.
Is that not policy somersault?
The cost of that on the economy is clear to see

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by surgical: 7:37pm On Feb 18
MT:

Like I said, you typed like you never experienced military regime.

If you had, you wouldn't even had a wish for them to be close to power.
babangida was there for 8 years,gowon 9 years muritala 6months, they did well it is civilians that wants to take over power that are inciting people, if we compare their time,with this civilian we have now they are far better

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by adamusuleiman2: 7:37pm On Feb 18
Ofunaofu:

When did he complained?

The last time I checked, he granted no interviews or engaged in any debate during the campaigns.

Osidazz19:

Alot were busy listening to those chants of drug baron in their echo chambers.
Ofunaofu:

don't resort to insults

Post links so that one can verify
I will assist him in posting a video of an interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq___9Cc4D0?si=tSKFCDMHexNNnOSN
Re: Are You Still Batified? by mayorkent(m): 7:37pm On Feb 18
Lols , after reading through comments here supporting this impending Anarchy . I laugh .
Using big grammar to give reasons why many business should be struggling and many multi national companies are leaving ...

You day try portray a mirage of hope , say the suffering na to enjoy later ... my question be say who and who wan day available for that stupid enjoyment?... abi na when all the SME,s Don close finish ?.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Jomonix: 7:37pm On Feb 18
Ofunaofu:

When did he complained?

Kponkwem
Re: Are You Still Batified? by Honestey: 7:38pm On Feb 18
Yes everyone is Batifired now
Re: Are You Still Batified? by Ofunaofu: 7:39pm On Feb 18
adamusuleiman2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq___9Cc4D0?si=tSKFCDMHexNNnOSN

The same Chatham house he was busy delegating people to answer questions directed at him

You are funny

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Robchuks77(m): 7:39pm On Feb 18
[quote author=adamusuleiman2 post=128522344]
Fergie01, mynd44, mukina2

Rule 2[/quote
Rule ur mama.... Ebi kpa gbo gbo ara' e
Re: Are You Still Batified? by Kepukepu: 7:40pm On Feb 18
LegendHero:
100%.

I believe strongly in Tinubu and all this we are seeing currently is what is obtainable at the early stage of a reform.

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are You Still Batified? by broadman20: 7:40pm On Feb 18
adamusuleiman2:

As if people weren't hungry even before Tinubu was sworn in.

In Enugu, people were selling their votes for Okpa and Jollof. In imo, people were hijacking and robbing onion trucks.

As per the bolded, the SE are the ones opening funny wailing threads about hunger all over Nairaland. They are VERY bothered my friend.

The ones that need deliverance from poverty are the one robbing onion trucks of onions, or selling their votes for a plate of Okpa and Jollof. grin

What of the RICH BANDITS in Oyo?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by KaptainAfrika: 7:40pm On Feb 18
Have they finished teaching Obi lessons ?
Re: Are You Still Batified? by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:40pm On Feb 18
LegendHero:
100%.

I believe strongly in Tinubu and all this we are seeing currently is what is obtainable at the early stage of a reform.

I thought you said your support for him is based on his ability to insist on removal of subsidy.
Subsidy is back

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by emkz: 7:40pm On Feb 18
placeofallure:

I said it in another thread that people should call out the governors who just take and never give. Prior to this time, the economy was being patched here and there to appear healthy but it's not. The reality is dawning on the people now and they're are all crying foul! Tinubu is not the architect of Nigeria's woes, we've had it coming; we're not just attentive to warnings is all.
And to OP's question, Yes, I am still Batified!

Imagine if there is heat on the governors. Imagine if the governor knows there is a mob of hungry people who can invade government house and remove him. Imagine if senators and reps know that there are angry people who don't want to see them.

They'd all sit up!

Our people need to know that their enemies are the governors and representatives! The governors received 2 billion to support their people. They kept the money. Representatives and senators were each given 60 million and 75 million respectively to buy palliatives for their people. They didn't buy anything. And the people called on the president to probe them.

Once you hear that a senator receives money for the people, organize yourselves and go to his house. Do not leave until he accounts for the money. If he sprays tear gas on you, that would be the end of his political career as you won't vote for him. Apply pressure on governors and ask them to account for their allocations. Reject pittances from them as they use it to bribe you while stealing from you.

Tell me, why can't governors buy up to 500 buses in their states to ease transportation?

Finally, the criminal elites, the day these hungry people would rise against you, you'd lose everything.

5 Likes

Re: Are You Still Batified? by ElSudani: 7:40pm On Feb 18
nigeriansamurai:
fuel was cheaper, inflation was lower, crime rate was lower, japa rate was lower... That is what was going on then...

This is a very pedestrian way of looking at very complex issues. If I sold your house to buy you food and the new owner then kick you out would you be grateful that at least I kept you fed?

2 Likes

Re: Are You Still Batified? by adamusuleiman2: 7:41pm On Feb 18
Ofunaofu:

The same Chatham house he was busy delegating people to answer questions directed at him

You are funny
He is the one right there on the podum speaking. You said he granted no Interviews. We debunked it with a video. You are now changing goal post by saying he was delegating others to answer questions. He is right there answering questions.

Below is another interview for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw8xKpOY97I?si=da2_G5DOqRDDtBsc

1 Like

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Kepukepu: 7:41pm On Feb 18
azikiweironsi:
Yes. I am 1000% BATIFIED.
This is democracy. Everybody has right to choose his/her candidate.
Foolish people too full this country Sha

2 Likes

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Tonnyray: 7:41pm On Feb 18
emkz:
Yes.

For many years, we have been living in a bubble. We subsidized the consumption by the rich. Our refineries have not been producing. There was pervasive insecurity. Oil theft was rife. Chinese were stealing from us. We started handing out dollars to people for reasons that don't make sense. The subsidy was consistently being abused by people who claimed it and still took the products across the borders. Local fuel consumption was inflated. There were no investments in critical infrastructure. Questionable billionaires emerged following the start of the 4th republic. The bought banks and no one knows the source of their incomes. Industries completely collapsed and religion became rife.

Infact, we started borrowing to pay salaries and subsidies. People like Professor Usman Yusuf in NHIS used their positions to rob the nation. Today, they are sudden moralists for a better Nigeria.

What Tinubu is doing is an attempt to refocus things so that the pains will not be even more in the future. Tinubu demonstrates the boldness many before him lacked. We can see some improvements in certain areas. For example, after the kidnap of the Nabeeha family and the killing of Nabeeha herself, we can see how Wike and Co swung into action and have arrested the masterminds. Our military chiefs are not talking too much and are doing the job.

I recall when they started partitioning roads in Lagos for BRT. As soon as the buses were rolled out, no one criticized Tinubu again. So the suffering we are currently facing are pains that will pass.

We only call on Tinubu to go after the sponsors of terrorism, banditry and rogue businessmen inflating prices. We also call on governors to show workings. It is evil for PDP governors to be attacking the president when they should be worried and working harder for their people.

As a people, let us put the same pressure on the governors, representatives and senators as we put on the president.

If the elections hold again, I'd still throw my weight behind Tinubu. Atiku had his time, and he had nothing to show for it beyond plundering national assets to cronies. He is one of the architects of the current mess and should take responsibility. He also lacks understanding of presidential processes. Peter Obi is just a revolt against the status quo and people conveniently forgot he was a governor as well and Anambra did not improve.

Any sincere Nigerian would make suggestions to help the nation.
GOD bless you bro.

3 Likes

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Image123(m): 7:42pm On Feb 18
Agbegbaorogboye:

It's not a rumour. IMF already confirmed it. The facts are also pointing to it.
If you say his subsidy removal is spot on, how do you now justify bringing it back.
Is that not policy somersault?
The cost of that on the economy is clear to see

Well, until the government confirms it, it remains a rumour. i didn't hear about the subsidy removal from the IMF.
Spot on is not the exact phrase that i will call it, but necessary. With Dangote starting to produce and P/H refinery close to production, i see a good sign.

1 Like

Re: Are You Still Batified? by ewaekeng: 7:42pm On Feb 18
ElSudani:
Absolutely. Reason? He was the only leader who complained when you were using Naira to buy Naira. All the others kept quiet hoping it would benefit them.
What did you all think was going on then?
You guys have a reason of supporting nonsense. Even when you are suffering. Sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Nigeria Launches First Locally-built Motorcycles / Ekiti Babalawos/Herbalists Warn Politicians Against Bloodshed, Endorse Jonathan / Osita Chidoka Matriculates At Baze University (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.