Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,141 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Are You Still Batified? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are You Still Batified? (23545 Views)

Are You Still Batified? / Is Magnus Abe Still BATified? / Are You Batified? Orji Uzor Kalu Asks Tinubu And Femi Gbajabiamila (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Still Batified? by highchief1: 8:02pm On Feb 18
Orubebe01:
50 kg bag of rice is now 70,000
Bag of cement is now between 12,000/15,000
Price of medicine have all gone up
Naira is now worthless
Companies are closing down because of high cost of production.
Unemployment rate is on the increase.
Price of goods and services increasing astronomically.
Citizens finding it hard to feed.
School fees are on the increase.

My question now is, are you still Batified?
Are you still standing on his mandate?
I am stl batified but I mind wherr I say it.i was cutting my hair the other day some men were talking how bad tinubu has driven the country.i no put mouth o make them no panel beat me.we now defend tinubu in our rooms
Re: Are You Still Batified? by ClearFlair: 8:02pm On Feb 18
ElSudani:
Absolutely. Reason? He was the only leader who complained when you were using Naira to buy Naira. All the others kept quiet hoping it would benefit them.
What did you all think was going on then?

See confusion 🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by MT: 8:03pm On Feb 18
coleon:

Na waoh, APC zombie will never cease to amaze me.
So military that left power 25 years ago is still the one you are blaming for Nigeria's problem today.
Wow!!! I'm ashamed for the people that gave birth to you.

I wont insult your parents, because I was properly raised but its quite unfortunate that I share this space called Nigeria with retard like you.

So, you do not know that a Nation can pay the price for action taken years ago ?. All the oil windfalls (dollars) that Nigeria made during gulf war which ended up in IBB pocket, Gowon did not know what to do with money, he backdated (100% increase for 12 months shocked shocked) increment in worker's salaries (Udoji Bonus), wasting our Dollars in the process, OBJ spent recklessly hosting Festac 77, Abacha turned CBN to his personal account, spending our dollars anyhow just to mention a few.

The greatest problem this regime is facing is sheer number of ignoramuses and docile citizens that we have, which is caused by poor education, just like you just demonstrated. Ignoramus can never understand why certain actions are being taken and the possible outcome of that action. They can only wail, shout and scream to high heaven for no good reason. They bring nothing of value to the table except their tears

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by tivity101: 8:03pm On Feb 18
Sharaaaap there. Until half of the country is died first before you will wake up to the current reality we are faced with abi

LegendHero:
100%.

I believe strongly in Tinubu and all this we are seeing currently is what is obtainable at the early stage of a reform.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Franklyspeakin: 8:03pm On Feb 18
Your future seems very bleak.
adamusuleiman2:
Yes. That's the beauty of democratic choices. He has till 2027 then I will switch to Atiku if he fails.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Tflex01: 8:04pm On Feb 18
GreenCovering:
How come it is mostly the people who are claiming to not be affected by the current economic situation that are posting incessantly about the hunger in the land?

What paradox?

sad

E shock me too. grin

1 Like

Re: Are You Still Batified? by nigeriansamurai(m): 8:04pm On Feb 18
ElSudani:

This is a very pedestrian way of looking at very complex issues. If I sold your house to buy you food and the new owner then kick you out would you be grateful that at least I kept you fed?
this is a very monoscopic way of looking at a very complex issue... what i say is what the average man sees and believes before he votes, APC will finish off Nigeria where PDP stopped, Nigerian democracy is all about grammar and procedure with no result, give Tinubu 50years Nigeria will still be on the decline.
Re: Are You Still Batified? by ClearFlair: 8:05pm On Feb 18
adamusuleiman2:
Yes. That's the beauty of democratic choices. He has till 2027 then I will switch to Atiku if he fails.

You're not in tune with reality. At this rate what do you think will be left in 2027 if he fails? You people are living in Dreamland...better wake up. It's this type of shallow thinking that will make someone believe that APC has anything to offer in the first place 🤣🤣🤣

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Image123(m): 8:06pm On Feb 18
Ashawoman82:
ode subsidy is back, they've started de floating the naira back, yet it's getting worse day by day... Lol... Seems u arent current... Go and make ur research, ur lord has started returning some of the policies he halted 8 months ago.

Find your dad, i am not your dad. All these children of broken homes are becoming a plague on social media, no single home training.

1 Like

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:06pm On Feb 18
emkz:

It reeks of immaturity and lack of tact to assume that everyone who says something that doesn't sit well with you has been paid.

If you are asked to swear on your life and your children's lives that I belong to a whatsaap group and I am paid, can you do it?
It reeks of fraud and dishonesty to condemn Atiku for selling national assets while you write in support of a man who pilfered Lagos for twenty four years.
They point I am making is that there's no one who is not jaundiced by monetary or any such inducement who will paint Atiku in the colors of a thief while canonizing Tinubu.
If you believe sincerely that Atiku is not good for the country based on his theft antecedents, how do you now choose Tinubu as better than him?
At least Atiku's theft of the national theft lasted 8 years, that of Tinubu is 24 years and counting.
How can she honest soul make such distinction between the two?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by kingxsamz(m): 8:06pm On Feb 18
It's been long I saw anyone use that rubbish tag. Most people can't say it again. Hunger has taken away their voices. 😂
Re: Are You Still Batified? by Lifeinlight: 8:06pm On Feb 18
Larryndelaw:
You are the one that is Hungry because you what to sit on the internet waiting for the govt to spoonfeed you . Go back to the farm. Go and learn a trade like Tiling, carpentry etc. Those are lucrative jobs
gliberish

Tell that to hundreds of thousands of people protesting and other awaiting protesters. Tell that to those kidnapper, bandits, bokoharam victims. It can be your turn tomorrow don't worry. Keep supporting colossal failure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Johilo(m): 8:07pm On Feb 18
Am just terrified
Re: Are You Still Batified? by Gossiphub: 8:07pm On Feb 18
LegendHero:
100%.

I believe strongly in Tinubu and all this we are seeing currently is what is obtainable at the early stage of a reform.

Be deceiving yourself.

A subsidy of almost a trillion naira was paid and I'm sure you saw the report.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by just2endowed: 8:07pm On Feb 18
emkz:
Yes.

For many years, we have been living in a bubble. We subsidized the consumption by the rich. Our refineries have not been producing. There was pervasive insecurity. Oil theft was rife. Chinese were stealing from us. We started handing out dollars to people for reasons that don't make sense. The subsidy was consistently being abused by people who claimed it and still took the products across the borders. Local fuel consumption was inflated. There were no investments in critical infrastructure. Questionable billionaires emerged following the start of the 4th republic. The bought banks and no one knows the source of their incomes. Industries completely collapsed and religion became rife.

Infact, we started borrowing to pay salaries and subsidies. People like Professor Usman Yusuf in NHIS used their positions to rob the nation. Today, they are sudden moralists for a better Nigeria.

What Tinubu is doing is an attempt to refocus things so that the pains will not be even more in the future. Tinubu demonstrates the boldness many before him lacked. We can see some improvements in certain areas. For example, after the kidnap of the Nabeeha family and the killing of Nabeeha herself, we can see how Wike and Co swung into action and have arrested the masterminds. Our military chiefs are not talking too much and are doing the job.

I recall when they started partitioning roads in Lagos for BRT. As soon as the buses were rolled out, no one criticized Tinubu again. So the suffering we are currently facing are pains that will pass.

We only call on Tinubu to go after the sponsors of terrorism, banditry and rogue businessmen inflating prices. We also call on governors to show workings. It is evil for PDP governors to be attacking the president when they should be worried and working harder for their people.

As a people, let us put the same pressure on the governors, representatives and senators as we put on the president.

If the elections hold again, I'd still throw my weight behind Tinubu. Atiku had his time, and he had nothing to show for it beyond plundering national assets to cronies. He is one of the architects of the current mess and should take responsibility. He also lacks understanding of presidential processes. Peter Obi is just a revolt against the status quo and people conveniently forgot he was a governor as well and Anambra did not improve.

Any sincere Nigerian would make suggestions to help the nation.

At least someone here has hope
Re: Are You Still Batified? by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:08pm On Feb 18
Ayo25:
That is what he promised oga. Go check very well. He promised to reduce purchasing power and slow down the economy. What that ultimately means is what you should go figure out. He mentioned all that and we that voted him did so based on that
1. Can you explain to a dull man how slowing down the economy and reducing purchasing power is good for the country from your POV such that you voted for a man who promised that?
2. Are you aware he's never said that? It was propaganda from the opposition who cut a part of his speech? This does not invalidate your need to explain 1 above
Re: Are You Still Batified? by Ashawoman82: 8:09pm On Feb 18
Image123:

Find your dad, i am not your dad. All these children of broken homes are becoming a plague on social media, no single home training.
otonodo, if u want respect then act matured, at ur age u are nit current to know that ye BAT has started retracting some of his useless policies such as removal of subsidy and floating the naira, then it's obvious u are a dunce that don't deserve to comment in this forum.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Poll23: 8:10pm On Feb 18
Why not ? what would other candidates do differently ? whether batified or birdfied we shouldn't pay deaf ear to the deteriorating state of the country for past administrations
Re: Are You Still Batified? by Okoronkwow(m): 8:10pm On Feb 18
Hungry Don finish South ooooo

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:12pm On Feb 18
Image123:

Well, until the government confirms it, it remains a rumour. i didn't hear about the subsidy removal from the IMF.
Spot on is not the exact phrase that i will call it, but necessary. With Dangote starting to produce and P/H refinery close to production, i see a good sign.
Again, you don't need govt to confirm it. If govt claimed subsidy removal on May 29th and price if fuel did not change, are you telling me you'll believe any subsidy has truly been removed? IMF already confirmed that landing cost of fuel in January was N1000. So how do you explain fuel still being sold below N700?
Dangote is not producing anything yet not to mention fuel. Same with PH. Tinubu never promised nor hinged his decision on those two. They are expected cure to the problems caused by subsidy removal.
You're mixing things up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Lifeinlight: 8:12pm On Feb 18
ElSudani:

Lol grin quintessentially Obidient. If only you could abuse your way to Aso rock.
what are you benefiting now that emilokan is the president? He doesn't know if you exist. The person you're referring to abuse his way to asorock may be doing fine than you in all ramifications which is much more important to me and any sane person than whosoever becomes the president. Even if my landlord become the president that wouldn't add a penny to my account balance. So i wonder how you and your likes reason
Re: Are You Still Batified? by nigeriansamurai(m): 8:13pm On Feb 18
Ayo25:
Why the 2010 economic state, why not 1960? In that 20 years you mentioned let the economy be what it should be in relation to global economic realities. The world is a global village, Nigeria cannot stand in isolation. The Nigerian economy of that 20 years time should be what is obtainable globally at the time not back to what it was in 2010.
i dont really understand you, but all im trying to say is: DOLLAR AINT COMING DOWN, INFLATION IS GONNA KEEP TO THE SKIES... in the coming 20 years bro. IF E SURE FOR YOU MAKE WE BET.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Lifeinlight: 8:14pm On Feb 18
adamusuleiman2:

He had a post on front page yesterday. He is not scarce like you think.
he is scarce and many others.
Re: Are You Still Batified? by Tflex01: 8:14pm On Feb 18
Ayo25:
💯. It is still BAT until 2031. As usual with BAT his detractors always have a semblance of victory at the initial stage, but BAT wins in the end.

Some of us expected this temporary period of hardship so it comes to us as nothing.

If the elections were to be reconducted tomorrow, I will still not vote Atiku òr Obi but BAT. Those who are mouthing off about warning us about Tinubu can still not explain to us what there candidates would have done differently at this period if they were the one.

The hardship and inflation in the country now is hardly any consolation for anybody or group of persons loss in the last general elections. Trust me whatever is happening now will not have any impact on how people vote in 2027. So if anyone thinks they can capitalise on this to win next election and bring their own version of misgovernance grin they are mistaken.

You are deeply intelligent and smart.

1 Like

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Enigma263: 8:14pm On Feb 18
Never..this is the most clueless president ..carbinet filled with empty brains ..its unfortunate some imbeciles are still following him believing he is on course.my dear ,sorry for your people..we know say e Dey pain una ..and it’s hard to admit ..tinubu was the wrong choice !..may life continue being hard for you ppl that voted for him...even though we know he rigged the election

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by BigDawsNet: 8:14pm On Feb 18
MT:

So in your mind, it's the military that will resolve this?

Military takeovers were part of the problems we are experiencing now. They spend recklessly, loot the Treasury and you can't question them because they rule with decree and not constitution.

I guess you were not born when the military was ruling

Yes, I wasn't born yet... I don't forget say na u be my papi.

We need military, they are worst but better than democracy

With military = Insecurities can't survive

With military = no politicians can steal without consequences

With Military = they understand human feeling because they sown an oath to keep the citizens safe

Nothing anything can say... they are better than Democrats

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by emkz: 8:14pm On Feb 18
Agbegbaorogboye:

It reeks of fraud and dishonesty to condemn Atiku for selling national assets while you write in support of a man who pilfered Lagos for twenty four years.
They point I am making is that there's no one who is not jaundiced by monetary or any such inducement who will paint Atiku in the colors of a thief while canonizing Tinubu.
If you believe sincerely that Atiku is not good for the country based on his theft antecedents, how do you now choose Tinubu as better than him?
At least Atiku's theft of the national theft lasted 8 years, that of Tinubu is 24 years and counting.

How can she honest soul make such distinction between the two?

You did not respond to my question, so I'd ask you again:

emkz:

It reeks of immaturity and lack of tact to assume that everyone who says something that doesn't sit well with you has been paid.

If you are asked to swear on your life and your children's lives that I belong to a whatsaap group and I am paid, can you do it?

Try to avoid deflection tactics. I suspect I may have engaged you before on nairaland over partisanship of Arise News. While I was pointing at the obvious partisanship, you were trying to introduce extraneous and irrelevant views of partisanship by TVC and NTA. I saw that you wanted to control the conversation without making any meaningful educative impact. I also remember telling you I'd not engage you again since you were not interested in addressing pertinent issues.

I might be wrong as I did not memorize the user then.

I can only engage you further if you can swear on your life and your children's that I have been paid.
Re: Are You Still Batified? by Abbeytoy(m): 8:15pm On Feb 18
Orubebe01:
A 50 kg bag of rice is now 70,000
The bag of cement is now between 12,000/15,000
The prices of medicine have all gone up
Naira is now worthless
Companies are closing down because of the high cost of production.
The unemployment rate is on the increase.
The price of goods and services increasing astronomically.
Citizens find it hard to feed.
School fees are on the increase.

My question now is, are you still Batified?
Are you still standing on his mandate?

YES... Since 2006, the current hardship is not enough to ditch him if you know what loyalty means.
Re: Are You Still Batified? by ottersberger(m): 8:15pm On Feb 18
adamusuleiman2:

As if people weren't hungry even before Tinubu was sworn in.

In Enugu, people were selling their votes for Okpa and Jollof. In imo, people were hijacking and robbing onion trucks.

As per the bolded, the SE are the ones opening funny wailing threads about hunger all over Nairaland. They are VERY bothered my friend.

The ones that need deliverance from poverty are the one robbing onion trucks of onions, or selling their votes for a plate of Okpa and Jollof. grin

Yam trucks are now vandalized in Oyo and lagos. The last time I checked, No Igbo is wailing ebin pawa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by coleon(m): 8:15pm On Feb 18
MT:

I wont insult your parents, because I was properly raised but its quite unfortunate that I share this space called Nigeria with retard like you.

So, you do not know that a Nation can pay the price for action taken years ago. All the oil windfalls (dollars) that Nigeria made during gulf war which ended up in IBB pocket, Gowon did not know what to do with money, he backdated (100% increase for 12 months shocked shocked) increment in worker's salaries (Udoji Bonus), wasting our Dollars in the process, OBJ spent recklessly hosting Festac 77, just to mention a few.

The greatest problem this regime is facing is sheer number of ignoramuses and docile citizens that we have, which is caused by poor education. Just like you just demonstrated.
You can only fool yourself and your fellow zombies not someone like me.
I won't even go to the military days and what the wonderful things they did.
3rd mainland bridge is the longest across water bridge in Africa and was built by the military and till date no civilian government has a project that can match that.
Coming to civilian government Obasanjo's PDP brought GSM revolution to Nigeria and had Nigeria's debt totally forgiven, meaning that we had zero as a nation as at 2007 while Jonathan left our debt at less than NGN10trn.
Today the useless people you are supporting took Nigeria's debt profile to over NGN70trn in less than 8 years with nothing to show for it and even pledge our oil sale for the future.
I have never seen any APC zombies with sense, but even your own senselessness dwarfs the one I've seen in the past.
I am done arguing with a fool so people can know the difference.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by azikiweironsi(m): 8:16pm On Feb 18
Kepukepu:
Foolish people too full this country Sha

Because I didn't vote for your favourite.
That alone makes you more foolish grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

2019: Plot To Stop Buhari In Court Uncovered - The Nation / Nigeria Launches First Locally-built Motorcycles / Ekiti Babalawos/Herbalists Warn Politicians Against Bloodshed, Endorse Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.