Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,925 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Are You Still Batified? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are You Still Batified? (23583 Views)

Are You Still Batified? / Is Magnus Abe Still BATified? / Are You Batified? Orji Uzor Kalu Asks Tinubu And Femi Gbajabiamila (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Still Batified? by seguno2: 7:43pm On Feb 18
emkz:
If the elections hold again, I'd still throw my weight behind Tinubu. Atiku had his time, and he had nothing to show for it beyond plundering national assets to cronies. He is one of the architects of the current mess and should take responsibility. He also lacks understanding of presidential processes. Peter Obi is just a revolt against the status quo and people conveniently forgot he was a governor as well and Anambra did not improve.

Any sincere Nigerian would make suggestions to help the nation.

If Tinubu and APC have run out of ideas to help the country as they promised in 2015, why should they continue in office instead of resigning enmasse

Is this not the right thing to do for people of integrity?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Are You Still Batified? by adamusuleiman2: 7:43pm On Feb 18
emkz:
Yes.

For many years, we have been living in a bubble. We subsidized the consumption by the rich. Our refineries have not been producing. There was pervasive insecurity. Oil theft was rife. Chinese were stealing from us. We started handing out dollars to people for reasons that don't make sense. The subsidy was consistently being abused by people who claimed it and still took the products across the borders. Local fuel consumption was inflated. There were no investments in critical infrastructure. Questionable billionaires emerged following the start of the 4th republic. The bought banks and no one knows the source of their incomes. Industries completely collapsed and religion became rife.

Infact, we started borrowing to pay salaries and subsidies. People like Professor Usman Yusuf in NHIS used their positions to rob the nation. Today, they are sudden moralists for a better Nigeria.

What Tinubu is doing is an attempt to refocus things so that the pains will not be even more in the future. Tinubu demonstrates the boldness many before him lacked. We can see some improvements in certain areas. For example, after the kidnap of the Nabeeha family and the killing of Nabeeha herself, we can see how Wike and Co swung into action and have arrested the masterminds. Our military chiefs are not talking too much and are doing the job.

I recall when they started partitioning roads in Lagos for BRT. As soon as the buses were rolled out, no one criticized Tinubu again. So the suffering we are currently facing are pains that will pass.

We only call on Tinubu to go after the sponsors of terrorism, banditry and rogue businessmen inflating prices. We also call on governors to show workings. It is evil for PDP governors to be attacking the president when they should be worried and working harder for their people.

As a people, let us put the same pressure on the governors, representatives and senators as we put on the president.

If the elections hold again, I'd still throw my weight behind Tinubu. Atiku had his time, and he had nothing to show for it beyond plundering national assets to cronies. He is one of the architects of the current mess and should take responsibility. He also lacks understanding of presidential processes. Peter Obi is just a revolt against the status quo and people conveniently forgot he was a governor as well and Anambra did not improve.

I don't know how I missed the fantastic post out of all the noise on the thread.

💯💯💯.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Britishpea: 7:43pm On Feb 18
Very well. But we are following him keenly. Though there are things I am expecting him to do by now that’s yet to surface. But if after 2 years he is still failing with no sight of any change I will stop supporting him and I won’t support anyone again.

1 Like

Re: Are You Still Batified? by ElSudani: 7:44pm On Feb 18
ewaekeng:

You guys have a reason of supporting nonsense. Even when you are suffering. Sad

I find it curious that fortunate people like you who are not suffering are crying the most. Weird.

3 Likes

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Tonnyray: 7:44pm On Feb 18
LegendHero:
100%.
I believe strongly in Tinubu and all this we are seeing currently is what is obtainable at the early stage of a reform.
You have sense.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Still Batified? by ElSudani: 7:45pm On Feb 18
adamusuleiman2:

I don't know how I missed the fantastic post out of all the noise on the thread.

💯💯💯

I read it, good analysis.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Ofunaofu: 7:45pm On Feb 18
adamusuleiman2:

He is the one right there on the podum speaking. You said he granted no Interviews. We debunked it with a video. You are now changing goal post by saying he was delegating others to answer questions. He is right there answering questions.

Below is another interview for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw8xKpOY97I?si=da2_G5DOqRDDtBsc

Can we see interviews with local media and debates with other presidential candidates.
Re: Are You Still Batified? by coleon(m): 7:45pm On Feb 18
abbey621:
Typical reactive meantality rather than proactive. Shortsighted Nigerians only looks at the consequences rather than the root cause. For 8 years Buhari borrowed money to subsidize una lifestyle and una still crucified him for being the worst president. Now Tinubu has determined it is better not to borrow to subsidize and let the true state of the economy reveal its ugly head and viola!

We now know the real value of the Nigerian economy and we hate what we see! We now beg for Buhari styled governanace to cover our shame, the same style we crucified for 8 years......No be juju be that?

The honest truth is that the only thing that can save this nation is the one thing we do not want to do, BREAK IT UP!
APC miscreants will never cease to amaze me with their stupidity all the time. This zombie here is trying to exonerate Tinubu while pushing the blame to Buhari.
Let's even assume it's true that the fault is Buhari of which you know in your heart that it's not, who brought the Buhari and installed him as president with his bullion van knowing fully well that he's incompetent.
Is it not the same stupid insensitivean sitting in aso rock today.
The difference between buhari and Tinubu is like 6 and half a dozen and any attempt to change the narrative to Nigerians will only make you pass as the fool that you are.

1 Like

Re: Are You Still Batified? by spartachico(m): 7:45pm On Feb 18
Naaahh they aren’t anymore , they are baffle-lized

1 Like

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Princedapace(m): 7:45pm On Feb 18
emkz:
Yes.

For many years, we have been living in a bubble. We subsidized the consumption by the rich. Our refineries have not been producing. There was pervasive insecurity. Oil theft was rife. Chinese were stealing from us. We started handing out dollars to people for reasons that don't make sense. The subsidy was consistently being abused by people who claimed it and still took the products across the borders. Local fuel consumption was inflated. There were no investments in critical infrastructure. Questionable billionaires emerged following the start of the 4th republic. The bought banks and no one knows the source of their incomes. Industries completely collapsed and religion became rife.

Infact, we started borrowing to pay salaries and subsidies. People like Professor Usman Yusuf in NHIS used their positions to rob the nation. Today, they are sudden moralists for a better Nigeria.

What Tinubu is doing is an attempt to refocus things so that the pains will not be even more in the future. Tinubu demonstrates the boldness many before him lacked. We can see some improvements in certain areas. For example, after the kidnap of the Nabeeha family and the killing of Nabeeha herself, we can see how Wike and Co swung into action and have arrested the masterminds. Our military chiefs are not talking too much and are doing the job.

I recall when they started partitioning roads in Lagos for BRT. As soon as the buses were rolled out, no one criticized Tinubu again. So the suffering we are currently facing are pains that will pass.

We only call on Tinubu to go after the sponsors of terrorism, banditry and rogue businessmen inflating prices. We also call on governors to show workings. It is evil for PDP governors to be attacking the president when they should be worried and working harder for their people.

As a people, let us put the same pressure on the governors, representatives and senators as we put on the president.

Omo, Nigerians o. I just read ur context, I will never assist any one who ask me for money again, obviously, Nigerians are never ready.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:46pm On Feb 18
Ayo25:
💯. It is still BAT until 2031. As usual with BAT his detractors always have a semblance of victory at the initial stage, but BAT wins in the end.

Some of us expected this temporary period of hardship so it comes to us as nothing.

If the elections were to be reconducted tomorrow, I will still not vote Atiku òr Obi but BAT. Those who are mouthing off about warning us about Tinubu can still not explain to us what there candidates would have done differently at this period if they were the one.

The hardship and inflation in the country now is hardly any consolation for anybody or group of persons loss in the last general elections. Trust me whatever is happening now will not have any impact on how people vote in 2027. So if anyone thinks they can capitalise on this to win next election and bring their own version of misgovernance grin they are mistaken.
It's not about what the other candidates can do differently. That's what you use to console yourselves to get by the terrible situation your god has brought on you.
It's about what he promised and what you believed vis a vis what's happening.
Is this what he promised in his renew hope manifesto?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by PastorOlokonla: 7:46pm On Feb 18
After changing small dollars to a large amount of Naira, I and my family are now fully BATIFIED.
Re: Are You Still Batified? by andy1(m): 7:47pm On Feb 18
StraightGaay:
Yeso, we will continue to teach Obi and Dients lessons until they beg us for forgiveness.
i laff in french😂😂....bros just dey play, e be like say e never touch you well😁
Re: Are You Still Batified? by MT: 7:47pm On Feb 18
surgical:
batangas was there for 8 years,gowon 9 years muritala 6months, they did well it is civilians that wants to take over power that are inciting people, if we compare their time,with this civilian we have now they are far better

You only immersed yourself in history without understanding deeply what happened during those period.

Nigeria was a truly "wealthy" nation during these periods, and that was the best time the foundation for the country should be properly cemented. It was the time Nigeria should have good savings against the bad days.

People praised these heads of state because Nigeria was living like a prodigal son, and the citizens were cheering them on.

Now, it is back to reality and there was cry and gnashing of teeth.

Our democracy would have evolved and matured but the military punctuated it, and once the military tasted power and wealth, they ruined it before IBB institutionalised corruption and Abacha killed off Nigeria.
Re: Are You Still Batified? by Ayo25: 7:49pm On Feb 18
That is what he promised oga. Go check very well. He promised to reduce purchasing power and slow down the economy. What that ultimately means is what you should go figure out. He mentioned all that and we that voted him did so based on that
Agbegbaorogboye:

It's not about what the other candidates can do differently. That's what you use to console yourselves to get by the terrible situation your god has brought on you.
It's about what he promised and what you believed vis a vis what's happening.
Is this what he promised in his renew hope manifesto?
Re: Are You Still Batified? by emkz: 7:51pm On Feb 18
seguno2:

If Tinubu and APC have run out of ideas to help the country as they promised in 2015, why should they continue in office instead of resigning enmasse

Is this not the right thing to do for people of integrity?

They have not run out of ideas. Those who say these things are not informed of the mess.

Be patient. PDP had 16 years. It was PDP that started defending the naira. It was during PDP that subsidy billionaires emerged. It was during PDP that kidnapping and terrorism started. It was during PDP that people like Atiku stole national assets for personal use. It was during PDP that refineries collapsed completely. It was during PDP that many who are making noise on nairaland today were born.

Those of us who witnessed military rule and PDP knew that the practice that started with PDP was going to lead us to doomsday.

I sincerely pray Bola Tinubu will continue to find the will to do the right thing.

No, their resignation will not confer presidential legitimacy on those who lost the election. They have no solutions. The solutions Atiku mouths reeks of blatant ignorance and lack of intelligence.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:52pm On Feb 18
emkz:
Yes.

This reeks of political propaganda typical of APC paid goons from their WhatsApp page.
You claimed Atiku plundered national assets and sold to his cronies. All well and good. Is Tinubu a saint in that regard? If you can see Atiku's theft but blind to Tinubu's pilfering of Lagos assets for 24 years and counting then it shows your support is not based on any cogent or principled stand other than political gamesmanship.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Tflex01: 7:52pm On Feb 18
LegendHero:
100%.

I believe strongly in Tinubu and all this we are seeing currently is what is obtainable at the early stage of a reform.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Are You Still Batified? by nigeriansamurai(m): 7:52pm On Feb 18
Ayo25:

If the elections were to be reconducted tomorrow, I will still not vote Atiku òr Obi but BAT. Those who are mouthing off about warning us about Tinubu can still not explain to us what there candidates would have done differently at this period if they were the one.
The hardship and inflation in the country now is hardly any consolation for anybody or group of persons loss in the last general elections. Trust me whatever is happening now will not have any impact on how people vote in 2027. So if anyone thinks they can capitalise on this to win next election and bring their own version of misgovernance grin they are mistaken.
great truth in this... Nigerias problem is democracy even if tinubu turns to Jesus the system will screw him and his plans. but bro look at the long term cost and economic implications of bats actions, magic, hope or faith aside. do you believe Nigeria would get back to its 2010 economic state even in the next 20 years?
Re: Are You Still Batified? by Ashawoman82: 7:53pm On Feb 18
abbey621:
Typical reactive meantality rather than proactive. Shortsighted Nigerians only looks at the consequences rather than the root cause. For 8 years Buhari borrowed money to subsidize una lifestyle and una still crucified him for being the worst president. Now Tinubu has determined it is better not to borrow to subsidize and let the true state of the economy reveal its ugly head and viola!

We now know the real value of the Nigerian economy and we hate what we see! We now beg for Buhari styled governanace to cover our shame, the same style we crucified for 8 years......No be juju be that?

The honest truth is that the only thing that can save this nation is the one thing we do not want to do, BREAK IT UP!
u are an idiot, so are u saying it's better they borrow funds to enjoy luxury than to pay subsidy? The money they've saved since they stop subsidy, what have they done with it... Guy u are either a kid still eating mama thank you, or u are just a daft fellow.. These politicians are borrowing money to spend on themselves and their generations to come and u prefer it to paying for subsidy?...if they born u well, go to kano and make this kind of explanation public, whether they won't lynch ur sorry ass.

1 Like

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Starboytwo(m): 7:54pm On Feb 18
Hell yeah, fu*king right.
Re: Are You Still Batified? by PDPdestroyer(m): 7:54pm On Feb 18
Delusional Obidients. I'm 100% BATified, only an ignoramus or mischievous person would think we had any other option than to follow this path Tinubu is taking. You can take this to bank, there's no vacancy in Aso rock till 2031, and Obi will never rule this country! That's a promise!

2 Likes

Re: Are You Still Batified? by henrimoto(m): 7:54pm On Feb 18
adamusuleiman2:

He had a post on front page yesterday. He is not scarce like you think.
..kindly point the link to me.

..he used to be very active on threads that has to do with this present Federal Administration.
Re: Are You Still Batified? by coleon(m): 7:55pm On Feb 18
MT:

So in your mind, it's the military that will resolve this?

Military takeovers were part of the problems we are experiencing now. They spend recklessly, loot the Treasury and you can't question them because they rule with decree and not constitution.

I guess you were not born when the military was ruling
Na waoh, APC zombie will never cease to amaze me.
So military that left power 25 years ago is still the one you are blaming for Nigeria's problem today.
Wow!!! I'm ashamed for the people that gave birth to you.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Still Batified? by PopQueenAgency: 7:55pm On Feb 18
BAT is best
Best is BAT
Best is BAT For Rest
If Bread is scarce
Remi's Breast fat
We suck with BAT at Night.
Re: Are You Still Batified? by Foodempire: 7:57pm On Feb 18
adamusuleiman2:
Yes. That's the beauty of democratic choices. He has till 2027 then I will switch to Atiku if he fails.

Someone wey don fail from the start, you still dey wait for his failure, our mumy too much.
Re: Are You Still Batified? by Lifeinlight: 7:57pm On Feb 18
adamusuleiman2:

As if people weren't hungry even before Tinubu was sworn in.

In Enugu, people were selling their votes for Okpa and Jollof. In imo, people were hijacking and robbing onion trucks.

As per the bolded, the SE are the ones opening funny wailing threads about hunger all over Nairaland. They are VERY bothered my friend.

The ones that need deliverance from poverty are the one robbing onion trucks of onions, or selling their votes for a plate of Okpa and Jollof. grin
was there Ebi Npa Wa o before your emilokan suffer head government came? Was bag of rice sold for #80k+ Was cement sold for #15,000? Was paint of garri a poor man food sold for 2,500? I can always go on and on
Re: Are You Still Batified? by Ayo25: 7:58pm On Feb 18
Why the 2010 economic state, why not 1960? In that 20 years you mentioned let the economy be what it should be in relation to global economic realities. The world is a global village, Nigeria cannot stand in isolation. The Nigerian economy of that 20 years time should be what is obtainable globally at the time not back to what it was in 2010.
nigeriansamurai:
great truth in this... Nigerias problem is democracy even if tinubu turns to Jesus the system will screw him and his plans. but bro look at the long term cost and economic implications of bats actions, magic, hope or faith aside. do you believe Nigeria would get back to its 2010 economic state even in the next 20 years?
Re: Are You Still Batified? by emkz: 7:59pm On Feb 18
Agbegbaorogboye:

This reeks of political propaganda typical of APC paid goons from their WhatsApp page.
You claimed Atiku plundered national assets and sold to his cronies. All well and good. Is Tinubu a saint in that regard? If you can see Atiku's theft but blind to Tinubu's pilfering of Lagos assets for 24 years and counting then it shows your support is not based on any cogent or principled stand other than political gamesmanship.

It reeks of immaturity and lack of tact to assume that everyone who says something that doesn't sit well with you has been paid.

If you are asked to swear on your life and your children's lives that I belong to a whatsaap group and I am paid, can you do it?

2 Likes

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Ashawoman82: 8:00pm On Feb 18
Image123:
Lolz. Only an ignoramus will not expect the current economic quagmire anytime that the subsidy on fuel and forex was to be removed. Tinubu has my respect, he stuck to his words and promises. Buhari said "what is subsidy?" before his election, just like Obi and Atiku. But he backed out and left the mess for his successor.
ode subsidy is back, they've started de floating the naira back, yet it's getting worse day by day... Lol... Seems u arent current... Go and make ur research, ur lord has started returning some of the policies he halted 8 months ago.
Re: Are You Still Batified? by RepoMan007: 8:00pm On Feb 18
Orubebe01:
50 kg bag of rice is now 70,000
Bag of cement is now between 12,000/15,000
Price of medicine have all gone up
Naira is now worthless
Companies are closing down because of high cost of production.
Unemployment rate is on the increase.
Price of goods and services increasing astronomically.
Citizens finding it hard to feed.
School fees are on the increase.

My question now is, are you still Batified?
Are you still standing on his mandate?
Is BAT the cause of all these things you listed?
Re: Are You Still Batified? by ghiloman28(m): 8:02pm On Feb 18
You no lie have really suffered not to know how it is being done and understand the environments and country I lived in for more than 35yrs have never lived out of this country for more than 12days. When cement was 650 naira, my papa could not buy 3bags at once due to hardship at that time, till I grew up my dad never bough half bag of rice at home which is less than 3k at that time. I checked my secondary school reciept is around 2,800 naira yet half of parent in my school then could not afford it many students dropped out. I don’t like to say this I share at least 15 bags of rice at 4-6 times yearly more than 6yrs now not to talk of other assistance i do. Am not Rich I live within my means but I know what it takes for someone not to have. I bought 200 bags of cement for the ongoing project and other things at very high cost yesterday. Never happy with what is happening in the country but it is what it is. Man need to braze up coz it will only get tougher that the reality bra .
hustla:

Suffer don master you sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Tarrif Hike: Adelabu Apologises To Nigerians Over ‘Freezer’ Remark / Nollywood Actress Wins APC Primary / Boko Haram Abducts Teenage Girls In Borno, Kill Seven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.