Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,738 members, 7,831,346 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Are You Still Batified? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are You Still Batified? (23674 Views)

Are You Still Batified? / Is Magnus Abe Still BATified? / Are You Batified? Orji Uzor Kalu Asks Tinubu And Femi Gbajabiamila (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Enigma263: 8:16pm On Feb 18
tivity101:
Sharaaaap there. Until half of the country is died first before you will wake up to the current reality we are faced with abi

s
Re: Are You Still Batified? by ManOfSon: 8:16pm On Feb 18
So he complained when he was not in power? Now that he's in power and taking his turn, is he still complaining?

ElSudani:
Absolutely. Reason? He was the only leader who complained when you were using Naira to buy Naira. All the others kept quiet hoping it would benefit them.
What did you all think was going on then?

1 Like

Re: Are You Still Batified? by darqly(m): 8:17pm On Feb 18
emkz:
Yes.

For many years, we have been living in a bubble. We subsidized the consumption by the rich. Our refineries have not been producing. There was pervasive insecurity. Oil theft was rife. Chinese were stealing from us. We started handing out dollars to people for reasons that don't make sense. The subsidy was consistently being abused by people who claimed it and still took the products across the borders. Local fuel consumption was inflated. There were no investments in critical infrastructure. Questionable billionaires emerged following the start of the 4th republic. The bought banks and no one knows the source of their incomes. Industries completely collapsed and religion became rife.

Infact, we started borrowing to pay salaries and subsidies. People like Professor Usman Yusuf in NHIS used their positions to rob the nation. Today, they are sudden moralists for a better Nigeria.

What Tinubu is doing is an attempt to refocus things so that the pains will not be even more in the future. Tinubu demonstrates the boldness many before him lacked. We can see some improvements in certain areas. For example, after the kidnap of the Nabeeha family and the killing of Nabeeha herself, we can see how Wike and Co swung into action and have arrested the masterminds. Our military chiefs are not talking too much and are doing the job.

I recall when they started partitioning roads in Lagos for BRT. As soon as the buses were rolled out, no one criticized Tinubu again. So the suffering we are currently facing are pains that will pass.

We only call on Tinubu to go after the sponsors of terrorism, banditry and rogue businessmen inflating prices. We also call on governors to show workings. It is evil for PDP governors to be attacking the president when they should be worried and working harder for their people.

As a people, let us put the same pressure on the governors, representatives and senators as we put on the president.

If the elections hold again, I'd still throw my weight behind Tinubu. Atiku had his time, and he had nothing to show for it beyond plundering national assets to cronies. He is one of the architects of the current mess and should take responsibility. He also lacks understanding of presidential processes. Peter Obi is just a revolt against the status quo and people conveniently forgot he was a governor as well and Anambra did not improve.

Any sincere Nigerian would make suggestions to help the nation.

You're speaking plenty nonsense, deceiving yourselves that a period of needless suffering precedes one of prosperity. Your standard of living has depreciated steadily over 8yrs but you think Nigerians were "living in a bubble". Don't you like good things for yourself? Why is it okay to suffer as a citizen whilst your useless party members and leaders live the soft life? APC is not wired to create prosperity, and they cannot pull people out of poverty with ₦30k handouts but this is the life you say you deserve so remain in it. Someone removed subsides BEFORE providing alternatives and you think that is bravery? It's called cluelessness..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by goodconsience77: 8:17pm On Feb 18
sheeda995:

Produce your rice
With what equipment? Pls let's stop deceiving ourselves. Almighty China import wheat from Russia. As a matter of urgency we need importation of rice for the price other food to crash. Nigeria can't import rice that will be sufficient for our consumption. Corruption is another factor that will not make it possible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Ayo25: 8:18pm On Feb 18
I will start from your no 2, Tinubu made that point very clear in one of his annual colloquiums. Dont be lazy. Find out yourself.

The no 1 question, the dull man you are, the simple explanation is what do need 2 or 3 cars for? Some of the stuffs people cry about that they cant afford now are actually frivolities. Thats not to say there are not basic stuffs people are struggling to afford. But in most cases, they are frivolities people need to cut spending on.
Agbegbaorogboye:

1. Can you explain to a dull man how slowing down the economy and reducing purchasing power is good for the country from your POV such that you voted for a man who promised that?
2. Are you aware he's never said that? It was propaganda from the opposition who cut a part of his speech? This does not invalidate your need to explain 1 above
Re: Are You Still Batified? by Enigma263: 8:19pm On Feb 18
just2endowed:

At least someone here has hope
keep deceiving yourself
..how dull can you be .

1 Like

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:19pm On Feb 18
emkz:

You did not respond to my question, so I'd ask you again:

Try to avoid deflection tactics. I suspect I may have engaged you before on nairaland over partisanship of Arise News. While I was pointing at the obvious partisanship, you were trying to introduce extraneous and irrelevant views of partisanship by TVC and NTA. I saw that you wanted to control the conversation without making any meaningful educative impact. I also remember telling you I'd not engage you again since you were not interested in addressing pertinent issues.

I might be wrong as I did not memorize the user then.

I can only engage you further if you can swear on your life and your children's that I have been paid.
Can you first swear on your life and your children's that Atiku is a thief and Tinubu is not?
Also swear on your life and that of your children that all what you wrote in the first post I quoted is the truth and nothing but the truth.
Then I will start to consider your request to me about swearing.

And I am not deflecting. It is you who brought a lot of lies into the thread to justify Tinubu's disastrous rule so far.

You can't claim Monopoly of lying or obfsucating issues.

Besides, I believe strongly that anyone who is not bereft of common Sense and is still justifying Tinubu by villifying Atiku and Obi needs to be under the influence of something strong or is immune from the effects of this govt through one means or the other

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by MT: 8:19pm On Feb 18
BigDawsNet:

Yes, I wasn't born yet... I don't forget say na u be my papi.

We need military, they are worst but better than democracy

With military = Insecurities can't survive

With military = no politicians can steal without consequences

With Military = they understand human feeling because they sown an oath to keep the citizens safe

Nothing anything can say... they are better than Democrats

You typed like a child. It is so unfortunate. I will respond to you...

1. Is it politicians that are currently fighting Boko Haram? The set of military you have are most business men and contractors.

2. You asked for a military regime, you were still typing - "no politicians can steal without consequences" You are confused. The military will loot recklessly and you cant take them to court as the constitution would have been suspended

3. Military understand "human feelings". You are a joke. Military are trained to kill. To show no mercies. Go and ask your uncles what happened during Abacha regime. If they see you gathered together in group of 4, you would all vanish without trace.

Do you still think you are making sense? I advise you to sit this discourse out, it is way beyond you. grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Scholarforlife: 8:20pm On Feb 18
[b][/b]What Tinubu is doing is an attempt to refocus things so that the pains will not be even more in the future. Tinubu demonstrates the boldness many before him lacked. I hope you are referring to the boldness of removing fuel subsidy. Because the first president to remove this subsidy was President Goodluck Jonathan while the ringleader of the group that stood against and destroyed this boldness was Bola Tinubu, the current president. No country thrives on HYPOCRISY.
Re: Are You Still Batified? by Lifeinlight: 8:22pm On Feb 18
MT:

So in your mind, it's the military that will resolve this?

Military takeovers were part of the problems we are experiencing now. They spend recklessly, loot the Treasury and you can't question them because they rule with decree and not constitution.

I guess you were not born when the military was ruling
The military built more infrastructure than the civilian and the so called civilian also loot and steal public fund and go scot free

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by routed: 8:23pm On Feb 18
Orubebe01:
50 kg bag of rice is now 70,000
Bag of cement is now between 12,000/15,000
Price of medicine have all gone up
Naira is now worthless
Companies are closing down because of high cost of production.
Unemployment rate is on the increase.
Price of goods and services increasing astronomically.
Citizens finding it hard to feed.
School fees are on the increase.

My question now is, are you still Batified?
Are you still standing on his mandate?

Solidly Batified.

No retreat on the reforms.

Three of the top 5 world leading economies went through what we are experiencing at the moment in Nigeria in the last 60 years.

Japan, Germany and China journey to economic miracles pulled through this same junctions we are in.

"E bin pa wa" in togetherness.

No pain, No gain.

Thanks Jagaban for this strong head.
The last man standing.

Victoria Acerta.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:24pm On Feb 18
Scholarforlife:
[b][/b]What Tinubu is doing is an attempt to refocus things so that the pains will not be even more in the future. Tinubu demonstrates the boldness many before him lacked. I hope you are referring to the boldness of removing fuel subsidy. Because the first president to remove this subsidy was President Goodluck Jonathan while the ringleader of the group that stood against and destroyed this boldness was Bola Tinubu, the current president. No country thrives on HYPOCRISY.
Don't mind these set of annoying idiots. No atom of honesty in them but they demand honesty from others

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by emkz: 8:24pm On Feb 18
Agbegbaorogboye:

Can you first swear on your life and your children's that Atiku is a thief and Tinubu is not?
Also swear on your life and that of your children that all what you wrote in the first post I quoted is the truth and nothing but the truth.
Then I will start to consider your request to me about swearing.

And I am not deflecting. It is you who brought a lot of lies into the thread to justify Tinubu's disastrous rule so far.

You can't claim Monopoly of lying or obfsucating issues.

Besides, I believe strongly that anyone who is not bereft of common Sense and is still justifying Tinubu by villifying Atiku and Obi needs to be under the influence of something strong or is immune from the effects of this govt through one means or the other

I don't have the time to waste on you again.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Still Batified? by just2endowed: 8:24pm On Feb 18
Enigma263:
keep deceiving yourself
..how dull can you be .

I am battified bro

1 Like

Re: Are You Still Batified? by MT: 8:25pm On Feb 18
coleon:

You can only fool yourself and your fellow zombies not someone like me.
I won't even go to the military days and what the wonderful things they did.
3rd mainland bridge is the longest across water bridge in Africa and was built by the military and till date no civilian government has a project that can match that.
Coming to civilian government Obasanjo's PDP brought GSM revolution to Nigeria and had Nigeria's debt totally forgiven, meaning that we had zero as a nation as at 2007 while Jonathan left our debt at less than NGN10trn.
Today the useless people you are supporting took Nigeria's debt profile to over NGN70trn in less than 8 years with nothing to show for it and even pledge our oil sale for the future.
I have never seen any APC zombies with sense, but even your own senselessness dwarfs the one I've seen in the past.
I am done arguing with a fool so people can know the difference.

When you realised you have reached a dead end with your defence of the military, you typed out the bolded.

Your kind starts insulting when you have nothing else to defend your case. Empty faculty. Pathetic lot.

You are screaming for military intervention, yet you were singing the praises of civillian "Obasanjo". Confused soul.

Your write-up exposed you as an half baked graduate. You need lot of catch ups to do.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by naija4life247: 8:28pm On Feb 18
YEZ, I am still BATified

1 Like

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Lifeinlight: 8:28pm On Feb 18
MT:

Like I said, you typed like you never experienced military regime.

If you had, you wouldn't even had a wish for them to be close to power.
why not counter what he said. The military gave us gigantic and much infrastructure than the civilian and even the so called civilian loot and embezzle public fund including your so called Buhari and nothing happened
Re: Are You Still Batified? by ogbe88(m): 8:28pm On Feb 18
emkz:
Yes.

For many years, we have been living in a bubble. We subsidized the consumption by the rich. Our refineries have not been producing. There was pervasive insecurity. Oil theft was rife. Chinese were stealing from us. We started handing out dollars to people for reasons that don't make sense. The subsidy was consistently being abused by people who claimed it and still took the products across the borders. Local fuel consumption was inflated. There were no investments in critical infrastructure. Questionable billionaires emerged following the start of the 4th republic. The bought banks and no one knows the source of their incomes. Industries completely collapsed and religion became rife.

Infact, we started borrowing to pay salaries and subsidies. People like Professor Usman Yusuf in NHIS used their positions to rob the nation. Today, they are sudden moralists for a better Nigeria.

What Tinubu is doing is an attempt to refocus things so that the pains will not be even more in the future. Tinubu demonstrates the boldness many before him lacked. We can see some improvements in certain areas. For example, after the kidnap of the Nabeeha family and the killing of Nabeeha herself, we can see how Wike and Co swung into action and have arrested the masterminds. Our military chiefs are not talking too much and are doing the job.

I recall when they started partitioning roads in Lagos for BRT. As soon as the buses were rolled out, no one criticized Tinubu again. So the suffering we are currently facing are pains that will pass.

We only call on Tinubu to go after the sponsors of terrorism, banditry and rogue businessmen inflating prices. We also call on governors to show workings. It is evil for PDP governors to be attacking the president when they should be worried and working harder for their people.

As a people, let us put the same pressure on the governors, representatives and senators as we put on the president.

If the elections hold again, I'd still throw my weight behind Tinubu. Atiku had his time, and he had nothing to show for it beyond plundering national assets to cronies. He is one of the architects of the current mess and should take responsibility. He also lacks understanding of presidential processes. Peter Obi is just a revolt against the status quo and people conveniently forgot he was a governor as well and Anambra did not improve.

Any sincere Nigerian would make suggestions to help the nation.
U are gone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by BigDawsNet: 8:28pm On Feb 18
MT:

You typed like a child. It is so unfortunate. I will respond to you...

1. Is it politicians that are currently fighting Boko Haram? The set of military you have are most business men and contractors.

2. You asked for a military regime, you were still typing - "no politicians can steal without consequences" You are confused. The military will loot recklessly and you cant take them to court as the constitution would have been suspended

3. Military understand "human feelings". You are a joke. Military are trained to kill. To show no mercies. Go and ask your uncles what happened during Abacha regime. If they see you gathered together in group of 4, you would all vanish without trace.

Do you still think you are making sense? I advise you to sit this discourse out, it is way beyond you. grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Military are not the making bandits walk freely or operate freely in the country... they Recived order directly from the Federal government... they execute terrorist only when they are allowed to

Military job is not to punish Politicians who are stealing currently... that's the job of Efcc and Icpc

Military job is to support and defend the Constitution of the Federal republic of Nigeria against all enemies, foreign and domestic; they currently unable to perform this duties because some bad leaders are not giving them the Green light...

When Military take over

They don't have to listen to any1 anymore... which means dey will clearly off bandits without no one telling dem to backoff

They will arrest and punish and politicians who steal government funds instantly... as dere will be no room for effcc to drag d offender to court and later say "pay 1m and go"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Franking: 8:28pm On Feb 18
Ayo25:
Why do you need to remind me e go reach everybody, if it is actually going to get to me? Are you not tired of this pick up lines already? Look hardship and inflation are not new in Nigeria. I dont know how old are you though. We will survive this too like we have done others. No amount of messages of doom from naysayers like you will break people like us. Your god Obi or Atiku have been sent to where they belong. You refused to get over an election loss, so you should keep sulking like the kiddo you are.

You are the kid here. Your like want people to keep quiet because your God Tinumbu is in charge. Years ago when GEJ was president, your Tinumbu, Buhari and others occupied Ojota. I don't know how old you are yourself but where are those people now? And don't we have far more reasons to occupy Ojota and everywhere else now? Let me help you, I was already of discerning mind when Buhari and Idiagbon overthrew Shagari in 1983. There can never be sustainable peace without justice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by naija4life247: 8:28pm On Feb 18
ElSudani:
Absolutely. Reason? He was the only leader who complained when you were using Naira to buy Naira. All the others kept quiet hoping it would benefit them.
What did you all think was going on then?

You dey mind the jobless youths ni. Come 2027, we shall humiliate them again. They will cry blood.
Re: Are You Still Batified? by Lifeinlight: 8:30pm On Feb 18
Ayo25:
Yea you are right. So what else? Is it your empty stomach? Are you the one living in darkness? Is it your family problem?
don't you wish to live a good life like those politicians you asslick and their families? Is this the legacy you also want to pass to your children as it was passed to you by your parents? Suffer no dey tire you? You want your children to also serve these politicians children just as you're serving their father now?
Re: Are You Still Batified? by Tonnyray: 8:30pm On Feb 18
emkz:
You wasted too much time already.
I totally enjoyed and could relate with your posts.

1 Like

Re: Are You Still Batified? by KayB: 8:31pm On Feb 18
Why not?
Only imbecilties will make someone think a generational decay would wipe off in a year.
He's putting things into perspective though he's handling some vital issues poorly which are orchestrated by conspiratorial forces.
Re: Are You Still Batified? by Lifeinlight: 8:32pm On Feb 18
adamusuleiman2:

Fergie01, mynd44, mukina2

Rule 2
this hardship will favour you and your family abi?
Re: Are You Still Batified? by Tonnyray: 8:33pm On Feb 18
Orubebe01:
50 kg bag of rice is now 70,000
Bag of cement is now between 12,000/15,000
Price of medicine have all gone up
Naira is now worthless
Companies are closing down because of high cost of production.
Unemployment rate is on the increase.
Price of goods and services increasing astronomically.
Citizens finding it hard to feed.
School fees are on the increase.

My question now is, are you still Batified?
Are you still standing on his mandate?
100% totally BATified.

1 Like

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Tflex01: 8:34pm On Feb 18
BigDawsNet:

Yes, I wasn't born yet... I don't forget say na u be my papi.

We need military, they are worst but better than democracy

With military = Insecurities can't survive

With military = no politicians can steal without consequences

With Military = they understand human feeling because they sown an oath to keep the citizens safe

Nothing anything can say... they are better than Democrats

Hahaha 😂😂😂

How old are you? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:36pm On Feb 18
Ayo25:
I will start from your no 2, Tinubu made that point very clear in one of his annual colloquiums. Dont be lazy. Find out yourself.

The no 1 question, the dull man you are, the simple explanation is what do need 2 or 3 cars for? Some of the stuffs people cry about that they cant afford now are actually frivolities. Thats not to say there are not basic stuffs people are struggling to afford. But in most cases, they are frivolities people need to cut spending on.

1. Here's a link about if Tinubu really promised to reduce purchasing power. Read it. If you disagree with the link, let me know.

https://fij.ng/article/fact-check-did-tinubu-promise-to-reduce-purchasing-power-of-nigerians/

2. Nigeria based on recent statistics has about 12million registered cars. Check the link below.
https://www.trade.gov/country-commercial-guides/nigeria-automotive-sector#:~:text=According%20to%20the%20latest%20data,11.8%20million%20vehicles%20in%20Nigeria.

In a country of about 200m people, that's about 20 people to 1 car.

I believe as someone with common sense, before you make statements, you check how sensible it is.

If you say people have too many cars, should your first reaction not be to first ascertain how many cars are available in Nigeria?

With 1 car to 20 people, how many people can boast of a car not to mention having 2 to 3 such that you think reducing purchasing power due to number of cars owned by Nigerians should be a good thing?

Note that Nigerians are not frivolous. It's a sweeping statement that shows how disconnected you are from the country.

Majority of Nigerians are poor and reside in the North and rural areas not the major cities.

So you can't make such sweeping statements based on a microscopic view of the country. If you see how the average northener lives, you'll never claim Nigerians live frivolously.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by abysirius(m): 8:36pm On Feb 18
Fully! Just so that you know, if the same set of people are still the people on ballot come 2027, I will still vote Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Lifeinlight: 8:38pm On Feb 18
Ayo25:
Why do you need to remind me e go reach everybody, if it is actually going to get to me? Are you not tired of this pick up lines already? Look hardship and inflation are not new in Nigeria. I dont know how old are you though. We will survive this too like we have done others. No amount of messages of doom from naysayers like you will break people like us. Your god Obi or Atiku have been sent to where they belong. You refused to get over an election loss, so you should keep sulking like the kiddo you are.
FYI, Nigeria hasn't experience this kind of hardship before. The only exception is the south east during the Biafra war and they later bounced back much better.
Re: Are You Still Batified? by franchasofficia: 8:38pm On Feb 18
dominique:
nairaland batifieds are the most resilient and loyal to the core, I'll give them that. Twitter Batifieds are a complete different story grin
Na still the same people on Twitter complaining are hiding on Nairaland bragging and pretending that all is well with them to avoid being wotowotofied by the gallant IP0Bs and Obidients on Nairaland.

They are all ashamed of Theif Bola but ego, tribalism and wickedness cant let them confess their displeasure towards their BAT's total failure cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Still Batified? by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:38pm On Feb 18
emkz:

Better. Stop telling lies for crumbs instead

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Attempts Made To Seize Our Seats ― PDP Governors / Police Teargas Peter Obi Supporters In Ebonyi, Arrest Some (Video, Pictures) / Mass Burial Of 103 EndSARS Victims: Lagos Govt Being Clever By Half - Ogunlana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.