Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud (3753 Views)

Deltel(ERITAM AUTOS) is a fraud, BEWARE!!! / How The 80 Arrested For Fraud by FBI Will affect car sales / Fraud Awareness - Car Buyers - AuctionExport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by kowalsky: 9:26pm On Feb 18
Sometime Mid October I contacted KakakiAutos, I think the active handle is lanreg95 to help get a 2017 RX 350 FSport. Had a hard time finding the particular spec I wanted in Nigeria so I considered bringing it in from the US.

First contact, swift replies, smooth talk, the entire shenanigans of a sleazy salesman.
I'd read a review by 222martins or so where he bought a GX, so I was pretty much comfortable with doing business with this mofo.

In the space of two weeks or so I transferred about 45 Million to his account.
I was very particular about getting my car to Nigeria before December because well, I wanted to flex on people during Christmas and also because I have a busy schedule, that time would be the only time I'd have time to fix whatever fixables since this was a Copart Vehicle.
I got assurance that this would be in Nigeria that time.

Since paying for this vehicle all I've got are explanations with no evidences whatsoever.

First off. I got two extra bills one because this dude failed to do the FX conversion day I sent him the money. Second for some allegedly unforeseen issues with the vehicle. These extra bills summed up to millions but Fair enough.

December came by. No car. January, same. This guy kept barraging me with listicles of illogical excuses. Apparently this car has not even shipped.

Now, I understand that things can happen with a deal like this but you know what freaking grinds my gears with this mofo - he speaks too much English.

In his head, he's this suave and sleek business man with contextual professional replies for every situation and it’s so fvcking annoying. So much that I've lost my patience, not so much because this car is not in Nigeria but mainly because people like this need to be brought down from that egotistical pedestal they've placed themselves on.

You can't hang on to someone else’s 45M and be doing lingual gymnastics and rubbing phonee all around your English.

Going forward I will be involving my lawyers and we will see where that ends for both of us.

I contemplated against creating this thread but reading this guy's replies on WhatsApp just sent me off the edge. Such an annoying dimwit, thinks he's so smart and posh, Gosh

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by Maxwell08: 9:27pm On Feb 18
this is serious shocked
Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by iyke4dbi: 9:38pm On Feb 18
Next time do your research very well. I had similar experience with abetterbid (auction broker) in 0ctober 2021. But they refund me with almost 2000 dollars losses.

1 Like

Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by greggng: 9:39pm On Feb 18
Is so painful that sincere and honest dealers don't get to meet real opportunities...I have said it many times...don't transfer your money to someone you don't know .forget about how people are patronising them....they might be sponsored agent . I had an experience with someone in usa ...he was shouting on me via phone call from usa ...he said he wants to transfer money to me and I rejected the idea cos I do t know him personally...I suggested he had to send money to any of his relatives in lagos to meet up with me . Eventually he agreed and we had a smooth deal . He still respect me till date . Some will collect your money and use part of it to fight you . Some will even go to baba lawo to do juju for you to forget your money . Terrible dealers are making g this business worse . I pray you get your money

1 Like

Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by kowalsky: 9:48pm On Feb 18
iyke4dbi:
Next time do your research very well. I had similar experience with abetterbid (auction broker) in 0ctober 2021. But they refund me with almost 2000 dollars losses.

Lessons learned.

From the time he came up with the first excuse that required me to pay an additional sum, I asked for a refund because honestly I hate anything that will stress me. I had the sense that this mofo was either clueless as to what he was doing or was downright a scammer.

He gave a sob story about his Copart account and the implications of not paying for a won bid. Again I leaned in on the reviews he had here on Nairaland as reassurance and agreed to continue. Big mistake.

2 Likes

Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by Caaz: 9:55pm On Feb 18
Wow
Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by wunmi590(m): 10:01pm On Feb 18

Nawa ooo.

This is the main reason Nigeria can never move forward, you collected someone 45m and didn’t supply the person's need, this is very bad now...

Some Nigerians are just plain wicked abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by 222Martins(m): 10:10am On Feb 19
I got mentioned here about a review i did on my GX460. Well, i guess i was honest enough to let everyone know that deals don't go smoothly. I have bought several cars on Nairaland for personal use at different times and each transaction had its peculiarity but they all delivered. From an FX35 from Fhemmy, to a Sienna from Gazzuzz, to a Lexus GX460 .....and i can tell you that my offline car purchases were less stressful but more expensive..

N45M is not N4.5M, Kakakibuy, What is going on?

4 Likes

Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by PMMotorliner: 10:46am On Feb 19
It will be good to hear from Kakaki too because a coin has two sides.

From the side we're seeing, it does not look good. I have a Copart account too and I know things can happen. Maybe rejection due to forklift, storage to wait for forklift space, naira not exchanged on timez etc.

t the moment clearing fee for the same car has more than doubled from that October till now so Kakaki needs to speak up, explain his own side of the story, the way out and deliver because a contract is a bond.

45m is not beans?

6 Likes

Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by bimbodotun(m): 11:27am On Feb 19
Do you know if he has purchased the car and do you have VIN?

2 Likes

Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by kowalsky: 2:50pm On Feb 19
bimbodotun:
Do you know if he has purchased the car and do you have VIN?

Frankly at this point in not even sure he actually made the purchase.

This is the VIN
2T2BZMCA1HC129663

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by aieromon(m): 3:55pm On Feb 19
kowalsky:

Frankly at this point in not even sure he actually made the purchase.

This record claims 23 October as sale date.

https://bid.cars/en/lot/1-40289603/2017-Lexus-RX-2T2BZMCA1HC129663?search=true

https://www.copart.com/lot/63154743/clean-title-2017-lexus-rx-350-base-tx-dallas

@lanreg95
@kakakibuy
You need to assuage the fears of your client and provide a true picture of the whole situation. If you don't have any evidence to prove vehicle purchase, plan to refund the OP, period!

Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by iyke4dbi: 6:47pm On Feb 19
The said car has a pending title, so it can be allowed to ship out of America. Until the title is released.

1 Like

Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by kowalsky: 7:08pm On Feb 19
aieromon:

This record claims 23 October as sale date.

https://bid.cars/en/lot/1-40289603/2017-Lexus-RX-2T2BZMCA1HC129663?search=true

https://www.copart.com/lot/63154743/clean-title-2017-lexus-rx-350-base-tx-dallas

@lanreg95
@kakakibuy

You need to assuage the fears of your client and provide a true picture of the whole situation. If you don't have any evidence to prove vehicle purchase, plan to refund the OP, period!

Thanks boss.
Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by kowalsky: 7:16pm On Feb 19
iyke4dbi:
The said car has a pending title, so it can be allowed to ship out of America. Until the title is released.

KakakiAutos gave this as an explanation for the delayed shipping, which like I said was understandable, at least for the first three months.

Five months in, it became plausible for me, made worse by his nonchalant attitude.

1 Like

Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by aieromon(m): 7:37pm On Feb 19
kowalsky:

KakakiAutos gave this as an explanation for the delayed shipping, which like I said was understandable, at least for the first three months.

Five months in, it became plausible for me, made worse by his nonchalant attitude.

If you notice the screenshot, the vehicle was initially sold and returned back to the auction pool.

The pending title is the likely cause of delay.

https://www.nairaland.com/5923454/car-title-pending-copart

Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by kowalsky: 7:40pm On Feb 19
aieromon:

If you notice the screenshot, the vehicle was initially sold and returned back to the auction pool.

The pending title is the likely cause of delay.

https://www.nairaland.com/5923454/car-title-pending-copart

Insightful. Thanks once again.

2 Likes

Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by 222Martins(m): 7:59pm On Feb 19
222Martins:

Status Update: A lot has happened since i last posted. Like i said in one of my replies to a thread; "you can have the money, find a good car dealer, find a good car at a fair price and shit will still go wrong." Now let's go over the timeline of this deal.

6th July 2019 - Made full payment to Kakaibuy for a GX460 after selecting one that meet my specification and the payment was confirmed by him.

9th July 2019 - Manheim confirmed payment for vehicle. So we wait for approx 2 weeks for document regularisation by Manheim.

9th August 2019 - We were yet to receive the title for the vehicle. Kakakibuy puts a call across to Manheim and was told their was an issue with the title, which was sent back to the seller to rectify. So we were left with 3 options:

1. Wait for the seller to correct and send the vehicle title
2. Open an arbitration and request a refund from Manheim
3. Choose another car from Manheim

After a little back and forth with Kakakibuy on the next step to take, I went with option 3 and the search for another car began.
You have a point there aieromon. Above is a quote i made when we ran into similar issue.....@kowalsky, Can't the car be replaced? I don't know how Copart works but mine was replaced on Manheim.
Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by mammanbawa: 8:00pm On Feb 19
kowalsky:

Did he notify you of the pending title before or after purchasing the vehicle?

1 Like

Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:02pm On Feb 19
kowalsky:

As long as title is pending

1. It will not leave the USA

2. You might have to pay for storage .

It is no fault of kakaki, I have paid 3 months storage before with same kakaki (white w221) but it finally came through.

Sorry for the disappointment.

7 Likes

Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by kowalsky: 8:07pm On Feb 19
mammanbawa:

Did he notify you of the pending title before or after purchasing the vehicle?

Nope. Was not notified.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by kowalsky: 8:09pm On Feb 19
222Martins:

You have a point there aieromon. Above is a quote i made when we ran into similar issue.....@kowalsky, Can't the car be replaced? I don't know how Copart works but mine was replaced on Manheim.

Nah. Don't think so.

Wanted this from Manheim but he couldn't find this spec (fSport 3) there if I recall correctly.

1 Like

Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by chukel(m): 8:14pm On Feb 19
kowalsky:

Insightful. Thanks once again.
while not holding brief for kaakai, pending title could be the cause of the delay. However, these things no longer take that much time again. If its pending from seller, it appears within 2-3days of payment. If its DMV, at most 3 months depending on the state. However, there is another way out for cars without title. Container shipping. There are documents to get for around $30 to facilitate shipping it containerised. Moreover, it's cost effective shipping in container from California.
My advice is this. Unless he converted all the funds you gave him to dollars, bringing in this car now will cost you way more. Let him relist it on copart, sell and refund you your money be it in naira or dollar equivalent and have your peace.
I noticed it's not an FSport. So what was the stress for?

5 Likes

Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by chukel(m): 8:17pm On Feb 19
222Martins:

copart doesn't work that way. But he can relist the vehicle for sale with them.

1 Like

Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by kowalsky: 8:29pm On Feb 19
GAZZUZZ:

As long as title is pending

1. It will not leave the USA

2. You might have to pay for storage .

It is no fault of kakaki, I have paid 3 months storage before with same kakaki (white w221) but it finally came through.

Sorry for the disappointment.

Again understandable. However before this thread I didn't know Cars on Copart could be 'pending title' neither did I know that cars could be in storage.

The only thing this dude does is speak English.

3 Likes

Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by kowalsky: 8:32pm On Feb 19
chukel:
while not holding brief for kaakai, pending title could be the cause of the delay. However, these things no longer take that much time again. If its pending from seller, it appears within 2-3days of payment. If its DMV, at most 3 months depending on the state. However, there is another way out for cars without title. Container shipping. There are documents to get for around $30 to facilitate shipping it containerised. Moreover, it's cost effective shipping in container from California.
My advice is this. Unless he converted all the funds you gave him to dollars, bringing in this car now will cost you way more. Let him relist it on copart, sell and refund you your money be it in naira or dollar equivalent and have your peace.
I noticed it's not an FSport. So what was the stress for?

It's an FSport.
I've asked for a refund countless times my dude.
With this guy's larger than life attitude I don't even know what's exactly up.

2 Likes

Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by oladipuposadeeq(m): 8:38pm On Feb 19
kowalsky:

It's an FSport.
I've asked for a refund countless times my dude.
With this guy's larger than life attitude I don't even know what's exactly up.
I hope it gets resolved soon besides with you bringing the case to the public, I believe it will be resolved as soon as possible.
Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:41pm On Feb 19
kowalsky:

Again understandable. However before this thread I didn't know Cars on Copart could be 'pending title' neither did I know that cars could be in storage.

The only thing this dude does is speak English.

Like say nah this one vex you pass.

He's a prim and proper gentleman.

You should look at the other options chukel talked about including reselling vehicle.

2 Likes

Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by kowalsky: 8:57pm On Feb 19
GAZZUZZ:

Like say nah this one vex you pass.

He's a prim and proper gentleman.

You should look at the other options chukel talked about including reselling vehicle.

You can't be gentlemaning with a client's 45M.
No sense of urgency. Just English. And if this was his attitude before he got my money it would be understandable.

You need to see our chats before I made payment. After I made payment the switch up was extraordinary, suddenly my messages take hours to get replies. Sometimes I don't get replies.

We will get him anyway. I will clear his doubt.

18 Likes

Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:28am On Feb 20
Have done over 30 different cardeals with kakaki over the years. If not for the current trend in FX by now we would have already done like 3 this year.

These are a few done in 2023.

Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:30am On Feb 20
GAZZUZZ:
Have done over 30 different cardeals with kakaki over the years. If not for the current trend in FX by now we would have already done like 3 this year.

These are a few done in 2023.

The white Mercedes stayed 3 months in storage

Re: Kakakiautos - Case Of Fraud by greggng: 4:23am On Feb 20
That means kakaki autos speaks through proxy? .

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Toyota Carina E 1998 Mode Tokunbo / Sound Cars For Sale In Abuja. Price 250k Upwards / Chevrolet Optra 2007 Ls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.