Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? (39028 Views)

My Tenant Was Burnt To Death / What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning / My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Alexlalax1(m): 10:10pm On Feb 20
Hell no Oga. It's not everything that you will bring for public consumption. Please, make use of your common sense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by BBIA: 10:12pm On Feb 20
Frigga13:
Please raise funds for her... she can do that in open cemetery

Don’t bury for your compound.. you sef .. you nor get reasoning?

Abi you Dey Nyash her?

OP no get sense.

maybe he has been fvcking her and that has taken away the sense he managed to have.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Kavod: 10:12pm On Feb 20
Chully01:
Don't try it.
You will give birth to that child if you do
HMMMN PROPHETESS

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Gajagojo: 10:14pm On Feb 20
Wawelexy:
Raise funds for her please... Burying that child in your compound might have consequences that may not favour you...
such as?
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by kacheezy: 10:15pm On Feb 20
Graves are sometimes used as evidence to show as proof of ownership.Besides you don’t want her daughter and her friends coming to sing near your bedside at dawn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Omoluabi16(m): 10:15pm On Feb 20
I just feel some of the things we read here are stories made up to elicit reaction.No sane person-landlord or tenant would even contemplate doing this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Yankee101: 10:16pm On Feb 20
What’s between you and the woman?

Why would she have the temerity to ask that of you?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by toujurs: 10:16pm On Feb 20
Frigga13:

Abi you Dey Nyash her?

grin grin i like this question you asked the idiot, his dick is reasoning unbehalf of his brain.

1 Like

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Tealcrestmedia(m): 10:17pm On Feb 20
Don't try it o. It's very alien to even the Ikwerres and Igbos alike for such to be permitted. It's abominable and may lead to unwanted evil spirits hovering around your space. Avoid it please.

2 Likes

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Frederick2017: 10:19pm On Feb 20
Frigga13:

Abi you Dey Nyash her?

The guy dey obviously Nyash her
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Validated: 10:19pm On Feb 20
There must be something you are not telling us. Either the husband suspects you both of doing things or you are the father. How do you even think of burying another man's child?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by adecz: 10:19pm On Feb 20
What a silly question...

How can you allow a tenant turn your
property into burial ground or cemetery❓❓

They are simply irresponsible,
inconsiderate and don't want to spend
money❗️❗️❗️😕😕😕

1 Like

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Kobicove(m): 10:20pm On Feb 20
How come is it that you know so much about the medication that was given to the baby? undecided

Were you the one who bought them?

4 Likes

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Galaxyroyp(m): 10:20pm On Feb 20
kekakuz:
If not that I don't know you, I would give you a dirty slap,why are u saying like that?
Land don finish for cemetery ? When the father comeback and claim ritual, what will you do? You should be smarter than this

Ọmọ, I was about to type the same thing about slapping him. A man old enough to have a house couldn't decide on a situation like this without being confused and needing others input?

I'm just reading the thread, including the update section where the OP described the type of mother and grandmother of the deceased baby. And he still can make a split second decision?

Some people in this live need to learn a lesson, the hard way.

He should consider himself lucky he didn't make the wrong decision of allowing that kid buried on his compound.

#Walks out of the thread disappointed and angry.
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by mightyhazel: 10:22pm On Feb 20
Wait,wait... (In nscdc man voice)..

One part of the story no clear ..come dey be me like say u add small small lamba to sweeten the story... Edede (old woman) and 1 young woman overpower fully grown man come lock am up inside room for 4 days.. come still force am do transfer?? Upper cuts and round house no dey the man fists.. abi na amputee? And in your own words u term her a very good woman.. Guyyy

Make I leave am like that first grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by DomPerignon: 10:22pm On Feb 20
DSS1335:
A very good young woman whom her husband abandoned last year lost her 1 year old child this morning. They jovial baby was very healthy on Sunday, by Monday morning, the baby was suffering from diarrhea and vomiting. According to the mum, she was prescribed pediatric antibiotic Amoxicillin along with antimalarial (Lonart susp), paracetamol syrup and Rophegan. I was alarmed on why she gave her child Rophegan 5ml, normally this antiemetic drug is not recommended for children under 2 years of age. Unfortunately this early morning the child was gasping for breath while crying loudly and died few hours later.

The issue now is that she is from far away east. She doesn't want to travel home. I have a very large space in my compound, and want to bury the child there. I consulted my kins, they objected it that I should never allow such to happen that it's against our tradition. That a child should be buried in his father's home or public cemetery. This tenant have already made up her mind to Park out few months after her rent expires due to the scandals of separating from her husband. Should I go ahead and allow her or alternatively raise funds for her to travel to the east to bury the child there. Though she isn't forthcoming with my alternative.

N/B
I am of Rivers state, Ikwerre to be precise, the lady from Umuahia

Update:
The mother of the lady came late in the afternoon from Abia state and pleaded I should allow them bury the baby in my compound. After considering some notable advice from here coupled with the warning from my kinsmen, I declined. The lady's mother contacted their branch pastor and they made arrangements to bury her in a place provided by their church. Later this evening the woman came back insulting my family that we are very wicked for not allowing their baby to be buried in my compound.
If not for the sympathy I had for the mother mourning her loss, I would have lost my cool.
This was the same woman responsible for the breakdown of her daughter's marriage. After marriage, she came to live with the new couple who parked into my apartment newly. Instigating her daughter against her husband. Using her daughter as a proxy to siphon off her husband's wealth, a Dubai-based businessman. Controlling the man forcefully, preventing him from socializing with others because of her insecurity complexes. The last straw that broke the marriage was when the lady and her mother teamed up to lock the husband indoors for 4 days and transferred all his money to the wife's account. That whenever he needs his own money, he should tell the wife. In short, the marriage broke down irreconcilably and the husband relocated to another state and never came back, he was neither interested in the child that was born 3 months after nor care to inquire about their wellbeing

Guy , you do not owe anybody anything.

These Ibo people are an entire specie from hell

Imagine dragging your house as a burial ground.

Did you build your house to be a burial ground ?

Nah you born that child ?

Imagine the useless mother even dragging you.

Better you give them quit notice and face your front.

What effontry?.

Something that they will never allow even amongst their close hamlet relation is what they are demanding from you.

I pity anyone who marries from these Philistines claiming fake Jew.

1 Like

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by chiboycue: 10:22pm On Feb 20
DSS1335:
A very good young woman whom her husband abandoned last year lost her 1 year old child this morning. They jovial baby was very healthy on Sunday, by Monday morning, the baby was suffering from diarrhea and vomiting. According to the mum, she was prescribed pediatric antibiotic Amoxicillin along with antimalarial (Lonart susp), paracetamol syrup and Rophegan. I was alarmed on why she gave her child Rophegan 5ml, normally this antiemetic drug is not recommended for children under 2 years of age. Unfortunately this early morning the child was gasping for breath while crying loudly and died few hours later.

The issue now is that she is from far away east. She doesn't want to travel home. I have a very large space in my compound, and want to bury the child there. I consulted my kins, they objected it that I should never allow such to happen that it's against our tradition. That a child should be buried in his father's home or public cemetery. This tenant have already made up her mind to Park out few months after her rent expires due to the scandals of separating from her husband. Should I go ahead and allow her or alternatively raise funds for her to travel to the east to bury the child there. Though she isn't forthcoming with my alternative.

N/B
I am of Rivers state, Ikwerre to be precise, the lady from Umuahia

Update:
The mother of the lady came late in the afternoon from Abia state and pleaded I should allow them bury the baby in my compound. After considering some notable advice from here coupled with the warning from my kinsmen, I declined. The lady's mother contacted their branch pastor and they made arrangements to bury her in a place provided by their church. Later this evening the woman came back insulting my family that we are very wicked for not allowing their baby to be buried in my compound.
If not for the sympathy I had for the mother mourning her loss, I would have lost my cool.
This was the same woman responsible for the breakdown of her daughter's marriage. After marriage, she came to live with the new couple who parked into my apartment newly. Instigating her daughter against her husband. Using her daughter as a proxy to siphon off her husband's wealth, a Dubai-based businessman. Controlling the man forcefully, preventing him from socializing with others because of her insecurity complexes. The last straw that broke the marriage was when the lady and her mother teamed up to lock the husband indoors for 4 days and transferred all his money to the wife's account. That whenever he needs his own money, he should tell the wife. In short, the marriage broke down irreconcilably and the husband relocated to another state and never came back, he was neither interested in the child that was born 3 months after nor care to inquire about their wellbeing

May the soul of the child rest in peace. It is wise for the child to be buried in a cemetery.
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Akwamkpuruamu: 10:23pm On Feb 20
My son had a similar health challenge two weeks ago, I took him to the hospital and he was admitted. We spent money but he's bubbling in health now.

It's not easy to lose a healthy child

3 Likes

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by DomPerignon: 10:23pm On Feb 20
Frigga13:
Please raise funds for her..

For wetin?

Why do you people always feel entitled ?

1 Like

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Felaincarnated: 10:24pm On Feb 20
E fit be. Wen men begin sing praise of anoda man wife
Frigga13:

Abi you Dey Nyash her?

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by tfelicityk(m): 10:24pm On Feb 20
Please raise funds for her if you can... she can do that in open cemetery. Obey your kinmen opinions.

Don’t bury that child in your compound. Don't allow sympathy to lead you to trouble in the future.
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by DomPerignon: 10:25pm On Feb 20
eddynaira125:
Felt pity

Raise fund for her, direct the lady to a close cemetery

This is painful

Why are you people like this ?

What responsibility does the OP owe the mother ?

You people are so parasitic towards your host

Tifiakpa!

1 Like

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Mozegee: 10:26pm On Feb 20
From ph to Abia is not far,she can also bury her child in the cemetry. You did well by not burying the child in your compound
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Akpacha(m): 10:26pm On Feb 20
Her husband left her a year ago, tell us the full gist pls! I pity the woman, innocent kid! If nothing de happen, this is not a thing to think twice about saying NO to her request.
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by DomPerignon: 10:27pm On Feb 20
Atk1nson:
Nigeria is in a mess, how can a child die in at home, with the parent self-medicating. What happen to the hospitals in the country?

In a normal country, this should lead to national self-reflection with an inquiry as to why the baby was not taken to the hospital.

I really feel sorry for the lady having to lose a baby under circumstances that are likely avoidable.

Hopefully, nigerians will one day realise their enemy is not the person of other tribe or religion but the politicians who are eating away their destiny and even their chidrens destiny.

We had a president who for 8 years got treatment in the UK, whilst doctors were often on strike and relocating enmass. Now the country has another one who gets treatment in france, while the population is left with subpar hospital facilities that are sarce and unaffordable for many

Shut up .

How can you blame the entire Nigeria for the dystopian fcked up zero home training of this 0su who feels entitled to use her landlords's house as a cemetary?

You Ibo people ehn!

I never see.

1 Like

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by AlhajiCSO: 10:27pm On Feb 20
DomPerignon:

What effontry?.

Something that they will never allow even amongst their close hamlet relation is what they are demanding from you.

Fergie001 mynd44 nlfpmod Seun Dominique Mukina2
Rule 2

4 Likes

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Usmanovic95(m): 10:27pm On Feb 20
Chully01:
Don't try it.
You will give birth to that child if you do

What makes you think so? And what if the person isn't interested in giving birth anymore.Any fact to back this claim up?

1 Like

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by mightyhazel: 10:28pm On Feb 20
DomPerignon:

What effontry?.

Your own no just pass to cry over anything Igbo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by AlhajiCSO: 10:28pm On Feb 20
DomPerignon:

Shut up .

How can you blame the entire Nigeria for the dystopian fcked up zero home training of this 0su who feels entitled to use her landlords's house as a cemetary?

You Ibo people ehn!

I never see.

Fergie001 mynd44 nlfpmod Seun Dominique Mukina2
Rule 2

4 Likes

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Felaincarnated: 10:28pm On Feb 20
You are just a cursed ishmaelite. No tribe whatsoever wud want to bury his or her offspring in anoda man's compound. Davido's case shud tell u more about d ibo's culture.
DomPerignon:

What effontry?.

1 Like

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by DomPerignon: 10:28pm On Feb 20
Purvan:
Bury that child

Nothing will happen

You peeps watch way too much Nollywood

OP ignore posters like this.

1 Like

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by grandstar(m): 10:29pm On Feb 20
It is unheard of. Never allow it.

It is bad market. That gives her a right to your property

Let them take their toxicity out of your life.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos / 3-Storey Building Collapses In Kakawa Street, Lagos Island (Photos) / Cost Of Rent Around Abuja|Co-tenant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.