Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? (39018 Views)

My Tenant Was Burnt To Death / What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning / My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by ecolime(m): 11:30pm On Feb 20
DSS1335

It's the effontery and audacity of the woman and her mother to challenge you that baffles me. I'm shocked 😲

Guy, you are sleeping with that woman. You can't tell me otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by mightyhazel: 11:33pm On Feb 20
DomPerignon:

And you loved me back then.

What you should ask is why I switched hard right on you hypocrites.
Can't say i hate u neither,..I think indifferent is the word,but whether I like or don't like you isn't the crux now,what I'm suggesting is that you glaringly piling away trying to hate a group of people however evil you think they may be.. I recommend you give yourself a respite..not that it matters if u hate or not..for your own good.. a random observation
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Originalsly: 11:34pm On Feb 20
Hmmm .... maybe something is wrong with me .... but this looked like a matter for Police investigation. The baby mother and whoever prescribed the medication ... (if someone really did) ... need to be held and seriously interrogated. If the baby was full of health on Sunday ... what went wrong for the mother to seek medication? ... where did she take the baby? I strongly believe she murdered her child and was hoping to burying it in your compound so no relative will know what really became of the the child. Maybe the plan was to say the baby was kidnapped or some such thing. Motive? ... the baby is a hindrance for the mother to trap another wealthy man.... she has to present herself as single. Why would mother and grandmother insist on the child being buried in a stranger's compound? Maybe the husband wasn't sure he was the father. Bury such a baby in your compound would've brought you endless misery.... and even before the court as an accomplice to murder.

2 Likes

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Jspider22: 11:36pm On Feb 20
God abeg grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by TRAPLORD13: 11:36pm On Feb 20
HELL NO
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Tonididdyx: 11:37pm On Feb 20
Which Kain rough play question be this?
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by CaptainFM1: 11:38pm On Feb 20
DSS1335:

I am in good term with all my tenants, though I have never overstepped my boundaries as a landlord. I went to a medical school and have an MPH degree specializing in therapeutic and that's where the knowledge of rational use of drugs comes from.
It was after the child died in the house, that I got to know based on what the mother narrated to those sympathizers that throng to my compound as the bad news spread within my area. On further clarification, that's when I got to know the drugs and dose administered

Didn't they teach you about confidentiality in the medical school you went? Posting this message online doesn't do any good at respecting the woman and her family at this difficult time.

You ought to know better. The advice your family gave you is sufficient for a right thinking person let alone a trained medical personnel.
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Felaincarnated: 11:39pm On Feb 20
Na so. One sided story wins it all. Ikwerre man neva sell him land wey go give am money na to dash for burial. There's so much to d story
AllenSpencer:

One cannot help again! People like you will always relate it to something.

Even with the Op mentioning that she will be packing out soon, you still had to relate it with something.

Op is a Ikwerre man and has lands at his disposal. So I don’t see what’s bad in giving her a small portion to bury her child
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by pacregis: 11:42pm On Feb 20
Last year september, my wife delivered prematured baby girl(7months). She died few hours latter. I won't go into details. My landlord, without me asking brought out his shovel and show me a place right in his compound. I'm from Abia state but leaves in warri; my landlord is an urhoboh.
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by fx45(m): 11:54pm On Feb 20
DomPerignon:

And you loved me back then.

What you should ask is why I switched hard right on you hypocrites.
Like play like play you don crase enter inside market. Who did this to you? Who did you offend in your village?
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by fx45(m): 11:57pm On Feb 20
ecolime:
DSS1335

Guy, you are sleeping with that woman. You can't tell me otherwise.
He's very likely the child's father

1 Like

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by cococandy(f): 11:59pm On Feb 20
Poor baby. I’m so hurt . That child didn’t have to die

2 Likes

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by finallybusy: 12:05am On Feb 21
The problem has been solved. Good on you.

My original advice was to decline doing so. Maybe in future, she would have come back, trying to claim part of the land due to her child’s grave site. If possible, you would have paid for her transport to the east for the burial. She would then have to source for funds to come back. In such a situation, she may disappeared for good. You wouldn’t have lost much from the possibility.
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Omoawoke: 12:07am On Feb 21
DSS1335:
A very good young woman whom her husband abandoned last year lost her 1 year old child this morning. They jovial baby was very healthy on Sunday, by Monday morning, the baby was suffering from diarrhea and vomiting. According to the mum, she was prescribed pediatric antibiotic Amoxicillin along with antimalarial (Lonart susp), paracetamol syrup and Rophegan. I was alarmed on why she gave her child Rophegan 5ml, normally this antiemetic drug is not recommended for children under 2 years of age. Unfortunately this early morning the child was gasping for breath while crying loudly and died few hours later.

The issue now is that she is from far away east. She doesn't want to travel home. I have a very large space in my compound, and want to bury the child there. I consulted my kins, they objected it that I should never allow such to happen that it's against our tradition. That a child should be buried in his father's home or public cemetery. This tenant have already made up her mind to Park out few months after her rent expires due to the scandals of separating from her husband. Should I go ahead and allow her or alternatively raise funds for her to travel to the east to bury the child there. Though she isn't forthcoming with my alternative.

N/B
I am of Rivers state, Ikwerre to be precise, the lady from Umuahia

Update:
The mother of the lady came late in the afternoon from Abia state and pleaded I should allow them bury the baby in my compound. After considering some notable advice from here coupled with the warning from my kinsmen, I declined. The lady's mother contacted their branch pastor and they made arrangements to bury her in a place provided by their church. Later this evening the woman came back insulting my family that we are very wicked for not allowing their baby to be buried in my compound.
If not for the sympathy I had for the mother mourning her loss, I would have lost my cool.
This was the same woman responsible for the breakdown of her daughter's marriage. After marriage, she came to live with the new couple who parked into my apartment newly. Instigating her daughter against her husband. Using her daughter as a proxy to siphon off her husband's wealth, a Dubai-based businessman. Controlling the man forcefully, preventing him from socializing with others because of her insecurity complexes. The last straw that broke the marriage was when the lady and her mother teamed up to lock the husband indoors for 4 days and transferred all his money to the wife's account. That whenever he needs his own money, he should tell the wife. In short, the marriage broke down irreconcilably and the husband relocated to another state and never came back, he was neither interested in the child that was born 3 months after nor care to inquire about their wellbeing

No no no no
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Omoawoke: 12:10am On Feb 21
Purvan:
Bury that child

Nothing will happen

You peeps watch way too much Nollywood

This is not about spiritual , it doesn’t just make sense from all angles

1 Like

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by femi4: 12:10am On Feb 21
DSS1335:
A very good young woman whom her husband abandoned last year lost her 1 year old child this morning. They jovial baby was very healthy on Sunday, by Monday morning, the baby was suffering from diarrhea and vomiting. According to the mum, she was prescribed pediatric antibiotic Amoxicillin along with antimalarial (Lonart susp), paracetamol syrup and Rophegan. I was alarmed on why she gave her child Rophegan 5ml, normally this antiemetic drug is not recommended for children under 2 years of age. Unfortunately this early morning the child was gasping for breath while crying loudly and died few hours later.

The issue now is that she is from far away east. She doesn't want to travel home. I have a very large space in my compound, and want to bury the child there. I consulted my kins, they objected it that I should never allow such to happen that it's against our tradition. That a child should be buried in his father's home or public cemetery. This tenant have already made up her mind to Park out few months after her rent expires due to the scandals of separating from her husband. Should I go ahead and allow her or alternatively raise funds for her to travel to the east to bury the child there. Though she isn't forthcoming with my alternative.

N/B

Update:
The mother of the lady came late in the afternoon from Abia state and pleaded I should allow them bury the baby in my compound. After considering some notable advice from here coupled with the warning from my kinsmen, I declined. The lady's mother contacted their branch pastor and they made arrangements to bury her in a place provided by their church. Later this evening the woman came back insulting my family that we are very wicked for not allowing their baby to be buried in my compound.
If not for the sympathy I had for the mother mourning her loss, I would have lost my cool.
This was the same woman responsible for the breakdown of her daughter's marriage. After marriage, she came to live with the new couple who parked into my apartment newly. Instigating her daughter against her husband. Using her daughter as a proxy to siphon off her husband's wealth, a Dubai-based businessman. Controlling the man forcefully, preventing him from socializing with others because of her insecurity complexes. The last straw that broke the marriage was when the lady and her mother teamed up to lock the husband indoors for 4 days and transferred all his money to the wife's account. That whenever he needs his own money, he should tell the wife. In short, the marriage broke down irreconcilably and the husband relocated to another state and never came back, he was neither interested in the child that was born 3 months after nor care to inquire about their wellbeing
You did the right thing. If by tomorrow, you became wealthy, it is still the same family that will accuse you of using their dead child for rituals
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Coolboy009: 12:22am On Feb 21
Chully01:
Don't try it.
You will give birth to that child if you do
Chai! I hail O, Africa my people grin grin

1 Like

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Wawelexy(m): 12:25am On Feb 21
Gajagojo:
such as?

I mean spiritual consequences.... If you are Yoruba, you will understand better... Ever heard of akufa?
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Gajagojo: 12:28am On Feb 21
Wawelexy:

I mean spiritual consequences.... If you are Yoruba, you will understand better... Ever heard of akufa?
I am Yoruba to the core
You don't really know what you are talking about
Too much Nollywood
There are dead bodies buried everywhere for thousands of years

1 Like

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Wawelexy(m): 12:34am On Feb 21
Gajagojo:
I am Yoruba to the core
You don't really know what you are talking about
Too much Nollywood
There are dead bodies buried everywhere for thousands of years

This is the problem most of you have, trying to form woke and forget you guys had a tradition before the emergency of the white folks you all tends to copy....

There are some things you will do in location A and go scot free, but will have severe consequences if you do the exact same things in location B... This life is more of spiritual than the physical you see
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Banat89(m): 12:35am On Feb 21
Set awon mohbad nurse
mariahAngel:

Why wasn't the child rushed to a hospital? At least to try to save the baby's life.
The poor baby died due to carelessness, and drug overdose. 😩😩
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Banat89(m): 12:36am On Feb 21
mariahAngel:

Why wasn't the child rushed to a hospital? At least to try to save the baby's life.
The poor baby died due to carelessness, and drug overdose. 😩😩
set awon mohbad nurse
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Sirianese: 12:42am On Feb 21
DSS1335:

N/B

Update:

It's either you were fuckíng the poor lady or you're insane
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Gajagojo: 1:01am On Feb 21
Wawelexy:

This is the problem most of you have, trying to form woke and forget you guys had a tradition before the emergency of the white folks you all tends to copy....

There are some things you will do in location A and go scot free, but will have severe consequences if you do the exact same things in location B... This life is more of spiritual than the physical you see
Guy I am not trying to form anything
I am a traditional Yoruba religion practitioner. Not a Christian or Muslim
I have always said so here
We are not ignorant or superstitious folk.
What we practice is based on the energies around us
I do not believe you know more of Yoruba tradition than me.
The conversation was about
Burying a body in a house and next thing you are talking of Akufa
How ? Why?
What do you know about akufa?
Spiritual does not mean blind and ignorant superstition
Rationally why would anyone allow a stranger bury their child in his house? That is just common sense
Ohun ti ko ba oju mu ni.

Nothing to do with Akufa
Dead bodies do not cause Akufa or any such phenomena
Akufa as a concept has to do with family of deceased if they have oro idile or those who might have caused death not random passers by or onlookers
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by alt3r3g0: 1:13am On Feb 21
DSS1335:

N/B

Update:

The bolded and the update no correlate at all.

That's why there are two sides to every story
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by fredoooooo: 1:17am On Feb 21
Na yo kee the baby? You no even fear of people and their talk and Gossip .. Oga make ya Tenant go find where to bury his baby. If he no get money make una contribute for him.. which kain thing ne this .
Even your family members you never bury in ya compound , na another person you wan come bury..
You get mind o , Alaanu Samáríà

2 Likes

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by goslowgoslow(m): 1:19am On Feb 21
Chully01:
Don't try it.
You will give birth to that child if you do
Lmao...🤣🤣🤣🤣 Funny comment in the midst of sorrow.
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Draslo(m): 1:28am On Feb 21
DSS1335:

N/B

Update:

You're the true definition of a motherfucker. You're fuckingthat woman. She's a demon but somehow you're praising her. You've been fuckingthat woman that's why her mother came to change it for you. I hope your dick falls off

2 Likes

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by 1Sharon(f): 1:30am On Feb 21
This is a weird one.
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Whatisurproblem(m): 1:32am On Feb 21
Wawelexy:
Raise funds for her please... Burying that child in your compound might have consequences that may not favour you...
nonsense believe, which consequences? Africa and backwardness mentally, a dead child is just a manure to the soil, nothing attached, the only problem here is stupidity of Africa mind.
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Arabk25: 1:38am On Feb 21
Take this my advice and be happy
First of all make a proper police report first should there be any case later run. This is just a year old baby for crying out loud. Bury her in your compound and save the mother of all the stress she's been through a lot already.
Things like this happen where landlords help in burying there tenants (little) children in there compound.
You guys should stop too much of Nigerian movies it will do you more harm than good
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Okumode1: 1:39am On Feb 21
Na which kind question be this na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos / Cost Of Rent Around Abuja|Co-tenant / 3-Storey Building Collapses In Kakawa Street, Lagos Island (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.