Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,881 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? (38987 Views)

My Tenant Was Burnt To Death / What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning / My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Segzy19: 9:06am On Feb 21
It is against the law.

You may not know until you get into the problem and they show you where it is written in the law...
Let there be a limit to how much you want to get involved in other people's problems ..

Don't allow her bury her child in your compound...

Allow wisdom to prevail please

1 Like

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Hsurdluxury: 9:09am On Feb 21
Don’t try it please,it has consequences

Don’t be emotional

Pay for a burial site in your neighborhood
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Titogbanski: 9:11am On Feb 21
Help them with money
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by trutht828: 9:20am On Feb 21
JulianBond007:
Allow her bury the child in your compound. She's just a child for crying out loud. I lost a child years back and he was buried in the house of the doctor who certified him dead. This was about 13yrs ago.
Please allow her bury her child. cry cry

Keep your rubbish emotional manipulation to yourself
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Judolisco(m): 9:22am On Feb 21
Purvan:
Bury that child

Nothing will happen

You peeps watch way too much Nollywood
iswr
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by jamesversion: 9:32am On Feb 21
Ishilove:

It is just unfortunate that an innocent child is involved. In a sane country, whoever prescribed the medicine will be arrested and made to give account of just exactly what he was thinking by prescribing those drugs to a 12 month old baby

Yes oh, a 1year old child is just a 12 months old baby. They should arrest whoever prescribed the medicines.

As for the Landlord, that request seems like see finish.
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by olaadesino(m): 9:35am On Feb 21
Rejoice28:
Friends Jesus Christ loves y'all and he want you to accept him as your personal lord and saviour by giving your life to Christ, believing in him and repenting of your sins.remember tomorrow might be too late. Shalom
Quote A verse where JESUS CHRIST had reported to have said that
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by kmaster007: 9:43am On Feb 21
Funny
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by VULCAN(m): 9:56am On Feb 21
I was waiting for a logical explanation as to why your child was buried in the compound of the doctor who failed to save him but alas you appear to have none.

You didn't stop there.

You went on to encourage OP to do what you did without considering that two people offended Pharaoh but one ended up hanged while the other was restored.

Who told you that replicating your actions will end well for the OP.

The inability of Eve to use logic on the Serpent is a trait that is replicated in most of her descendants

JulianBond007:
Allow her bury the child in your compound. She's just a child for crying out loud. I lost a child years back and he was buried in the house of the doctor who certified him dead. This was about 13yrs ago.
Please allow her bury her child. cry cry
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Monday60655(m): 10:10am On Feb 21
DSS1335:
A very good young woman whom her husband abandoned last year lost her 1 year old child this morning. They jovial baby was very healthy on Sunday, by Monday morning, the baby was suffering from diarrhea and vomiting. According to the mum, she was prescribed pediatric antibiotic Amoxicillin along with antimalarial (Lonart susp), paracetamol syrup and Rophegan. I was alarmed on why she gave her child Rophegan 5ml, normally this antiemetic drug is not recommended for children under 2 years of age. Unfortunately this early morning the child was gasping for breath while crying loudly and died few hours later.

The issue now is that she is from far away east. She doesn't want to travel home. I have a very large space in my compound, and want to bury the child there. I consulted my kins, they objected it that I should never allow such to happen that it's against our tradition. That a child should be buried in his father's home or public cemetery. This tenant have already made up her mind to Park out few months after her rent expires due to the scandals of separating from her husband. Should I go ahead and allow her or alternatively raise funds for her to travel to the east to bury the child there. Though she isn't forthcoming with my alternative.

N/B
I am of Rivers state, Ikwerre to be precise, the lady from Umuahia

Update:
The mother of the lady came late in the afternoon from Abia state and pleaded I should allow them bury the baby in my compound. After considering some notable advice from here coupled with the warning from my kinsmen, I declined. The lady's mother contacted their branch pastor and they made arrangements to bury her in a place provided by their church. Later this evening the woman came back insulting my family that we are very wicked for not allowing their baby to be buried in my compound.
If not for the sympathy I had for the mother mourning her loss, I would have lost my cool.
This was the same woman responsible for the breakdown of her daughter's marriage. After marriage, she came to live with the new couple who parked into my apartment newly. Instigating her daughter against her husband. Using her daughter as a proxy to siphon off her husband's wealth, a Dubai-based businessman. Controlling the man forcefully, preventing him from socializing with others because of her insecurity complexes. The last straw that broke the marriage was when the lady and her mother teamed up to lock the husband indoors for 4 days and transferred all his money to the wife's account. That whenever he needs his own money, he should tell the wife. In short, the marriage broke down irreconcilably and the husband relocated to another state and never came back, he was neither interested in the child that was born 3 months after nor care to inquire about their wellbeing

You people have already settled the matter nah!
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Psoul(m): 10:14am On Feb 21
The only thing that can make this landlord to be confused whether to allow or not to allow the woman bury her child in his compound is kpekus.

If this man has not gone that extra mile with the woman, he would've brushed off that request immediately the woman comes up with it. In short, that woman wouldn't even have the mind to make such request or burying her child in another man's private compound. I want to also believe that Oga landlord is divorced or widower or not living with his wife in that compound.

How can the man say that Umuahia to Ikwerre land is far east? It's not up to 4hrs journey and not up to 7k transport fare.

Oga landlord, I dey suspect u.
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Gtwix: 10:35am On Feb 21
A fool ask the same question over and over again. YOU IGNORAMUS!
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by campbelljosh(m): 10:55am On Feb 21
I suspect she intentionally killed the child not to have any tie with the husband again. And, never allow them bury the dead child in your house cos the husband might get to know and say you have a hand in her death.
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Sheffieldconsul: 11:12am On Feb 21
Let them go and bury at Port Harcourt cemetery. Why would you bury another person's baby in your compound?
DSS1335:
A very good young woman whom her husband abandoned last year lost her 1 year old child this morning. They jovial baby was very healthy on Sunday, by Monday morning, the baby was suffering from diarrhea and vomiting. According to the mum, she was prescribed pediatric antibiotic Amoxicillin along with antimalarial (Lonart susp), paracetamol syrup and Rophegan. I was alarmed on why she gave her child Rophegan 5ml, normally this antiemetic drug is not recommended for children under 2 years of age. Unfortunately this early morning the child was gasping for breath while crying loudly and died few hours later.

The issue now is that she is from far away east. She doesn't want to travel home. I have a very large space in my compound, and want to bury the child there. I consulted my kins, they objected it that I should never allow such to happen that it's against our tradition. That a child should be buried in his father's home or public cemetery. This tenant have already made up her mind to Park out few months after her rent expires due to the scandals of separating from her husband. Should I go ahead and allow her or alternatively raise funds for her to travel to the east to bury the child there. Though she isn't forthcoming with my alternative.

N/B

Update:
The mother of the lady came late in the afternoon from Abia state and pleaded I should allow them bury the baby in my compound. After considering some notable advice from here coupled with the warning from my kinsmen, I declined. The lady's mother contacted their branch pastor and they made arrangements to bury her in a place provided by their church. Later this evening the woman came back insulting my family that we are very wicked for not allowing their baby to be buried in my compound.
If not for the sympathy I had for the mother mourning her loss, I would have lost my cool.
This was the same woman responsible for the breakdown of her daughter's marriage. After marriage, she came to live with the new couple who parked into my apartment newly. Instigating her daughter against her husband. Using her daughter as a proxy to siphon off her husband's wealth, a Dubai-based businessman. Controlling the man forcefully, preventing him from socializing with others because of her insecurity complexes. The last straw that broke the marriage was when the lady and her mother teamed up to lock the husband indoors for 4 days and transferred all his money to the wife's account. That whenever he needs his own money, he should tell the wife. In short, the marriage broke down irreconcilably and the husband relocated to another state and never came back, he was neither interested in the child that was born 3 months after nor care to inquire about their wellbeing
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Atk1nson(m): 11:35am On Feb 21
DomPerignon:

You will join the civilised world whether you like it or not and using tribalism to gasslight and censor anyone who exposes your duplicity and heathen ways won't save you.

Rather than condemn the woman and her mother trying to turn OP's property to a graveyard , it is my post that is paining you.

You people need serious reform.

You are more concerned about where the dead is buried than what contributed to the death and how society should people accountable for it.

When I call you a dunce, you will presume I am abusing you.

I am worried for the future of nigeria not just because of bad leadership but also these bad leaders have people like you they can always rely on to act stupid
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Titusolufemi(m): 11:50am On Feb 21
DSS1335:

N/B

Update:

Rophegan has nothing to do with the child's death.
The child already lost her strength.
From the drugs prescribed, there is none to replace the lost energy
ORS and Zinc tablet would have save that child.

Please always take your child to a hospital, do not self medicate.
Not all chemist shop or patent medicine store or even pharmacy knows much about illness and drugs to use.

Always have ORS and Zinc tablet at home

1 Like

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by eddynaira125: 11:57am On Feb 21
DomPerignon:

Why are you people like this ?

What responsibility does the OP owe the mother ?

You people are so parasitic towards your host

Tifiakpa!

Your brain is too shallow to comprehend my write up

Help her with fund, direct her to a close cemetery before she modified her page hard u to understand, say that your bloody tufiaka to your senseless and bloody parents who could not give you proper training
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Evergreen4(m): 11:57am On Feb 21
It's good you stood your ground. Such incidence is the reason why we have cemetery
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Charly68: 11:59am On Feb 21
Take the corpse to cemetery
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by femijamz: 12:40pm On Feb 21
Chully01:
Don't try it.
You will give birth to that child if you do
what do you mean by this please?
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by IamOlorunwa: 12:44pm On Feb 21
You would have regretted, allowing her bury it in your compound,
because when the husband start asking questions as to the whereabout of his child, you go explain tire.

from your story, the lady's mother destroyed her child's marriage.

Who lock his husband for good 4 days, like who does that
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Orinechi: 12:51pm On Feb 21
Atk1nson:
Nigeria is in a mess, how can a child die in at home, with the parent self-medicating. What happen to the hospitals in the country?

In a normal country, this should lead to national self-reflection with an inquiry as to why the baby was not taken to the hospital.

I really feel sorry for the lady having to lose a baby under circumstances that are likely avoidable.

Hopefully, nigerians will one day realise their enemy is not the person of other tribe or religion but the politicians who are eating away their destiny and even their chidrens destiny.

We had a president who for 8 years got treatment in the UK, whilst doctors were often on strike and relocating enmass. Now the country has another one who gets treatment in france, while the population is left with subpar hospital facilities that are sarce and unaffordable for many
Ur lord and savior has failed and is about time this ur wail should stop. Did u hear where the woman said she took the child to the hospital but could not access the services of the facility cos of money or lack of equipment?
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Johilo(m): 1:03pm On Feb 21
There's a possibility that the woman killed her child just to get rid of the husband.. Why was the child not taken to the hospital in the first place.. After the burial ask them to leave your house. They might try to hurt you... Let's hear what a VeryWickedMan have to say
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by sirblend: 1:04pm On Feb 21
DSS1335:

N/B

Update:

Let her locate the Dad of the child and let the child be buried in his house..
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by newoffer: 1:32pm On Feb 21
A little story. My landlord back then had this kids that are SS that always die between 0 to 1 yrs some 28yrs ago. So he buried the dead babies in the garden close to one of our neighbour. In 6yrs that neighbor lost 3 kids . Husband lost his business .. they move from apartment to living inside the shop they rented. The man was the richest among every tenant then.
Frigga13:
Please raise funds for her... she can do that in open cemetery

Don’t bury for your compound.. you sef .. you nor get reasoning?

Abi you Dey Nyash her?

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by buzorcharles(m): 1:35pm On Feb 21
Do not allow that. Help her financially if that is the reason to not go to her village
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by hammer567: 1:52pm On Feb 21
DSS1335:

N/B

Update:

MA KA WHY NOW?

FOR WHAT?

NA U KILL AM?
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Chasito(m): 2:00pm On Feb 21
What if the tenants decides to pack out tomorrow, shey una go exhume the baby's body??

Make una dey use una head sometimes o.
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Bfly: 2:55pm On Feb 21
Follow your mind. But if you no get mind then, NO
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by CJStarz: 5:14pm On Feb 21
Oga, which one be she from far away east when she's from Umuahia,a journey of one hour or even less on a smooth ride, from Ikwerre,Rivers state?
Dey play
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by falogen: 11:38pm On Feb 21
Na only yammiri man go ask dis kain question angry

Except you plan to mine the skull or you're yanshing the woman, you don't even need to think it...
Nkpurumirri people and nonsense 😏
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by obstead200(m): 6:47am On Feb 22
APOPTOSIS:

This your Topic can't hold water because it requires immediate decision and decisive action.
It's highly unfortunate, but swiftly ask her to take her baby to wherever she would want to bury her.
The POLICE CASE that stuff will create in your community is still doing rehearsals.

Among those advising the guy not to allow the child to be buried on his land, Na only you make sense. The only reason why I would support declining the request to bury the child is because of the police case and community back lash that it can result to.

But as for all the religious and superstitious nonsense other people are saying here, well it is just nonsense to me. Person wey die don die. It won't matter to anyone where he is buried.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos / Cost Of Rent Around Abuja|Co-tenant / 3-Storey Building Collapses In Kakawa Street, Lagos Island (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.