Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,685 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? (38995 Views)

My Tenant Was Burnt To Death / What My Tenant Sent Me This Morning / My Tenant Has Refused To Pack Out For Over A Year Now, Help Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Mcreloaded(m): 5:53am On Feb 21
Edusouls:
nonsense tradition and dark culture

That's the way it's done. It has happened to many parents and you can also ask elders what to do in such a situation.

It's painful and seem harsh but that's just the way it's done.
Ask questions
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by IamHonourable1: 5:53am On Feb 21
You can see with your eyes that both the woman and her mother are not good people,yet you still give them face instead of hoping for their rent to expire so you won't allow them renew it.
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by somtochukwu161: 5:58am On Feb 21
There are things that doesn't cal for advice.u have made Ur decision nd that's good nd perfect quote author=DSS1335 post=128553356]A very good young woman whom her husband abandoned last year lost her 1 year old child this morning. They jovial baby was very healthy on Sunday, by Monday morning, the baby was suffering from diarrhea and vomiting. According to the mum, she was prescribed pediatric antibiotic Amoxicillin along with antimalarial (Lonart susp), paracetamol syrup and Rophegan. I was alarmed on why she gave her child Rophegan 5ml, normally this antiemetic drug is not recommended for children under 2 years of age. Unfortunately this early morning the child was gasping for breath while crying loudly and died few hours later.

The issue now is that she is from far away east. She doesn't want to travel home. I have a very large space in my compound, and want to bury the child there. I consulted my kins, they objected it that I should never allow such to happen that it's against our tradition. That a child should be buried in his father's home or public cemetery. This tenant have already made up her mind to Park out few months after her rent expires due to the scandals of separating from her husband. Should I go ahead and allow her or alternatively raise funds for her to travel to the east to bury the child there. Though she isn't forthcoming with my alternative.

N/B
I am of Rivers state, Ikwerre to be precise, the lady from Umuahia

Update:
The mother of the lady came late in the afternoon from Abia state and pleaded I should allow them bury the baby in my compound. After considering some notable advice from here coupled with the warning from my kinsmen, I declined. The lady's mother contacted their branch pastor and they made arrangements to bury her in a place provided by their church. Later this evening the woman came back insulting my family that we are very wicked for not allowing their baby to be buried in my compound.
If not for the sympathy I had for the mother mourning her loss, I would have lost my cool.
This was the same woman responsible for the breakdown of her daughter's marriage. After marriage, she came to live with the new couple who parked into my apartment newly. Instigating her daughter against her husband. Using her daughter as a proxy to siphon off her husband's wealth, a Dubai-based businessman. Controlling the man forcefully, preventing him from socializing with others because of her insecurity complexes. The last straw that broke the marriage was when the lady and her mother teamed up to lock the husband indoors for 4 days and transferred all his money to the wife's account. That whenever he needs his own money, he should tell the wife. In short, the marriage broke down irreconcilably and the husband relocated to another state and never came back, he was neither interested in the child that was born 3 months after nor care to inquire about their wellbeing[/quote]
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Mcreloaded(m): 5:59am On Feb 21
DSS1335:

I am in good term with all my tenants, though I have never overstepped my boundaries as a landlord. I went to a medical school and have an MPH degree specializing in therapeutic and that's where the knowledge of rational use of drugs comes from.
It was after the child died in the house, that I got to know based on what the mother narrated to those sympathizers that throng to my compound as the bad news spread within my area. On further clarification, that's when I got to know the drugs and dose administered

It's not a new thing and also the woman is never allowed to know where it is buried.
It is usually done by the youths in the very early hours of the morning the number of likes compared to the number of shares goes a long way to show that I am right.
Very sorry for her loss. On q normal assuming the husband is with the woman they will try and replace the child immediately God willing.

I am a realist and don't have time to argue. Ask elders on what to do
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Edusouls(m): 6:01am On Feb 21
Mcreloaded:

That's the way it's done. It has happened to many parents and you can also ask elders what to do in such a situation.

It's painful and seem harsh but that's just the way it's done.
Ask questions
africa dark continent with cruel origins, culture and wickedness entrenched in our generational bloodline from parents to offspring , one reason God dosent like us, our fellow human beings of other races abhors us, but we travel thousands of miles to whitemans land die their and they allow us to be buried in their land, but a fellow African died in his own land but refused burial cos he is not from the kinsmen, you here you don’t know how, when or were u would die, Africans are naturally wicked souls I concur

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by lexy2014: 6:04am On Feb 21
Frigga13:
Please raise funds for her... she can do that in open cemetery

Don’t bury for your compound.. you sef .. you nor get reasoning?

Abi you Dey Nyash her?

Why should he raise funds for her?
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by lexy2014: 6:06am On Feb 21
Wawelexy:
Raise funds for her please... Burying that child in your compound might have consequences that may not favour you...
..why should he raise funds?
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by albert2512: 6:08am On Feb 21
DSS1335:
A very good young woman whom her husband abandoned last year lost her 1 year old child this morning. They jovial baby was very healthy on Sunday, by Monday morning, the baby was suffering from diarrhea and vomiting. According to the mum, she was prescribed pediatric antibiotic Amoxicillin along with antimalarial (Lonart susp), paracetamol syrup and Rophegan. I was alarmed on why she gave her child Rophegan 5ml, normally this antiemetic drug is not recommended for children under 2 years of age. Unfortunately this early morning the child was gasping for breath while crying loudly and died few hours later.

The issue now is that she is from far away east. She doesn't want to travel home. I have a very large space in my compound, and want to bury the child there. I consulted my kins, they objected it that I should never allow such to happen that it's against our tradition. That a child should be buried in his father's home or public cemetery. This tenant have already made up her mind to Park out few months after her rent expires due to the scandals of separating from her husband. Should I go ahead and allow her or alternatively raise funds for her to travel to the east to bury the child there. Though she isn't forthcoming with my alternative.

N/B

Update:
The mother of the lady came late in the afternoon from Abia state and pleaded I should allow them bury the baby in my compound. After considering some notable advice from here coupled with the warning from my kinsmen, I declined. The lady's mother contacted their branch pastor and they made arrangements to bury her in a place provided by their church. Later this evening the woman came back insulting my family that we are very wicked for not allowing their baby to be buried in my compound.
If not for the sympathy I had for the mother mourning her loss, I would have lost my cool.
This was the same woman responsible for the breakdown of her daughter's marriage. After marriage, she came to live with the new couple who parked into my apartment newly. Instigating her daughter against her husband. Using her daughter as a proxy to siphon off her husband's wealth, a Dubai-based businessman. Controlling the man forcefully, preventing him from socializing with others because of her insecurity complexes. The last straw that broke the marriage was when the lady and her mother teamed up to lock the husband indoors for 4 days and transferred all his money to the wife's account. That whenever he needs his own money, he should tell the wife. In short, the marriage broke down irreconcilably and the husband relocated to another state and never came back, he was neither interested in the child that was born 3 months after nor care to inquire about their wellbeing

After reading the last part of your write up, all I can say is that you are lucky. The earlier part of your story was not holding substance till I read the later part. How can you be bold to bury someone on another man's land? Or is there something you are still not telling us?
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Focusmind: 6:08am On Feb 21
SMH....this is where a father figure was needed. Imagine if the man of the house was around. Married women forming feminist and saying they don't need their husband or they could do without him and nagg him out of the house will have themselves to blame. When situation like this arises, you find out that most can't cope on what to do with the baby. Trust me, if the man was around, that child wouldn't have died. He would find a proper medical treatment, even leaving the house with the child at night to a hospital. During covid lockdown, my daughter developed serious sickness that she was shivering and her breath wasn't good. My wife got some medication from a close by pharmacy which she took and her situation subsided. But around 11pm at night, it came off worse again and her breathing was terrible. I dressed her up, put her in the car and off to a hospital. We met some policemen on the road and I explained to them the situation. As we got to the hospital, she was immediately put on drip with some drugs and injections added to the drip as she was so weak. By mourning, she was able to talk and ate something. If I wasn't around that night, my wife wouldn't take the risk of driving to the hospital that night.
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by drololaaof: 6:10am On Feb 21
DSS1335:
A very good young woman whom her husband abandoned last year lost her 1 year old child this morning. They jovial baby was very healthy on Sunday, by Monday morning, the baby was suffering from diarrhea and vomiting. According to the mum, she was prescribed pediatric antibiotic Amoxicillin along with antimalarial (Lonart susp), paracetamol syrup and Rophegan. I was alarmed on why she gave her child Rophegan 5ml, normally this antiemetic drug is not recommended for children under 2 years of age. Unfortunately this early morning the child was gasping for breath while crying loudly and died few hours later.

N/B

Update:
This was the same woman responsible for the breakdown of her daughter's marriage. After marriage, she came to live with the new couple who parked into my apartment newly. Instigating her daughter against her husband. Using her daughter as a proxy to siphon off her husband's wealth, a Dubai-based businessman. Controlling the man forcefully, preventing him from socializing with others because of her insecurity complexes. The last straw that broke the marriage was when the lady and her mother teamed up to lock the husband indoors for 4 days and transferred all his money to the wife's account. That whenever he needs his own money, he should tell the wife. In short, the marriage broke down irreconcilably and the husband relocated to another state and never came back, he was neither interested in the child that was born 3 months after nor care to inquire about their wellbeing
All the story and allegory it is illegal for you to allow them to bury the child in your house,,your sympathy today will turn into another thing tomorrow.
But why don't you advice the woman to take the child to the hospital after suffering from diarrhea and vomiting ,the child need rehydration, giving this or should not give that drug is not the issue but somebody that have vomited more than twice is not likely to tolerate oral intake.
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Hectroy(m): 6:14am On Feb 21
Why do I think you have some feelings for this woman or you guys are already having something? For you to even contemplate the little child being buried in the compound and almost going against your kinsmen directive says a lot. Why will her mother have the gut to insult you if boundaries weren't crossed by you? You portrayed her as a good woman despite how she dealt with her husband with the help of her mother till he left their home? Something doesn't all up man!

2 Likes

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by dangoteinlaw: 6:23am On Feb 21
Good decision. If it were to be her own people they will do the same. When you help them they see you as a fool and claim to have used your head that’s how their people behave.
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by bluebay(m): 6:26am On Feb 21
Do you how it is to bury someone in the compound you living , not to talk of someone else’s child . I think you’re sleeping with the woman in question.

2 Likes

Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by spinna: 6:41am On Feb 21
Bible says a wise woman builds her homme... many failing families its women behind it
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by madridguy(m): 6:44am On Feb 21
I pray God comfort her.
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Darkandhandsom(m): 6:49am On Feb 21
Fear Umuahia people
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Truvelisback(m): 6:54am On Feb 21
DSS1335:

N/B

Update:
After hearing the way they treated you, it's good you didn't allow them.
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Oju4190: 7:01am On Feb 21
My first time of seeing an ikwere man dat doesn't have sense.....wat kind of Mumu question are u asking......

Don't try it oooo u might regret it later or it might boomerang against u
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by francotunsco: 7:24am On Feb 21
Op
Please, tell us the truth!

What is happening between you and the mother of the deceased baby?

Somethings seems unclear.
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by fx45(m): 7:29am On Feb 21
Darkandhandsom:
Fear Umuahia people
What do you know about Umuahia people?
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by tioyoung(m): 7:31am On Feb 21
DSS1335:

N/B

Update:

Watin u ND that woman get u never tell us
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by henrimoto(m): 7:35am On Feb 21
@Dss1335, from your update, what's good about that tenant of yours that lost her 1 yr old baby ?

From your update, she doesn't really deserve all this plenty sympathy from you, even , to the extent of thinking to let her bury her dead baby in your compound.
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by henrimoto(m): 7:37am On Feb 21
Hectroy:
Why do I think you have some feelings for this woman or you guys are already having something? For you to even contemplate the little child being buried in the compound and almost going against your kinsmen directive says a lot. Why will her mother have the gut to insult you if boundaries weren't crossed by you? You portrayed her as a good woman despite how she dealt with her husband with the help of her mother till he left their home? Something doesn't all up man!
I wonder too.
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Rejoice28(f): 8:01am On Feb 21
Friends Jesus Christ loves y'all and he want you to accept him as your personal lord and saviour by giving your life to Christ, believing in him and repenting of your sins.remember tomorrow might be too late. Shalom
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by illicit(m): 8:16am On Feb 21
Emekayoung:

Are you okay at all,can you cremate your child for any reason?

Hello

What is wrong with cremation?
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by rolams(m): 8:18am On Feb 21
No! It's very wrong.
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by sgtponzihater1(m): 8:19am On Feb 21
DSS1335:

N/B

Update:

Your write up has mixed messages. How can you call someone a very good woman and then add that she and her mum frustrated her husband out of the house. A fairly good woman will not even do this, that's if you are saying the truth.

It looks like you can recommend a "bad boy" or "bad girl ", to others as very good.

Glad you declined in the end. Most people beg for favour but deep in their heart they are only trying to use you.
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by alfredo1(m): 8:24am On Feb 21
Simple adequate rehydration would have saved this poor baby.
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by LEGALSER: 8:35am On Feb 21
DSS1335:

N/B

Update:

Dear men, always pray and open your eyes when getting married. Not just on the woman oooo but also her family. Things dey happen ooh
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by ConfidentialDoc: 8:40am On Feb 21
pacregis:
Last year september, my wife delivered prematured baby girl(7months). She died few hours latter. I won't go into details. My landlord, without me asking brought out his shovel and show me a place right in his compound. I'm from Abia state but leaves in warri; my landlord is an urhoboh.

Different perspectives different cultures
Re: Urgent! Should I Allow My Tenant Bury Her 1 Year Old Daughter In My Compound? by Pootle: 8:42am On Feb 21
AFRICA why bury the dead in a living quarters, my dad had a similar experience the man pleaded for the baby to be buried within his premises but baba decline even stating if him wey get property move na cemetery make them bury am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

7 Things You Should Not Do In A Rented Apartment In Lagos / Cost Of Rent Around Abuja|Co-tenant / 3-Storey Building Collapses In Kakawa Street, Lagos Island (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.