Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt (26920 Views)

Naira Hits ₦1,000/$ Ahead Of CBN Sale To BDCs / Naira Hits ₦2,000/1£ At Parallel Market (From ₦1930/£) / Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by pocohantas(f): 8:11pm On Feb 20
MorningStar233:

At a time even she supported Tinubu for some reason and she's here making mockery of people

E fit be say na guilty conscience dey worry you. If at this critical point, what you see is MOCKERY. Who are the people I mocked HERE?

And please, I never supported your Tinubu. I said I do not mind his presidency or think he is as bad. After all, he built Lagos. Now that I have seen he is indeed bad and senile, it has to be stated. It is not mockery, but fact. Except you have your comprehension muddled up.

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Kennyswag: 8:11pm On Feb 20
So many idiots on this thread. Is dollar your national currency?

why don't you take dollar to the market to buy things and see if you won't be cursed.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by aimmoney9: 8:13pm On Feb 20
Newton1045:
No problem

Let dollar continue going. We don't care

Our currency is naira.

When naira tire to chase Dollar, it wud rest
Yoruba economics........ grin grin grin grin grin

It is like it has been long you went to the market........ grin grin grin grin grin

Is 2500 naira to 1$ okay ??........ grin grin grin grin
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Kennyswag: 8:16pm On Feb 20
Larryndelaw:
Everybody is talking about $, $ and $ including those who don't have anything to do with $
Majority of the people on this thread shouting about dollar don't even have 50k in their accounts.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by aimmoney9: 8:32pm On Feb 20
AngelicBeing:
If it continues like this , the dollar will likely be exchanging to 3000 to 5000 Naira on or before December 2024 cheesy
Naira adds 100 naira to a dollar every day and we still have 314 days left this year...... grin grin grin

314x100=31400 naira........ grin grin grin grin

Plus 1900 naira to a dollar current price....... grin grin grin grin

31400+1900=33,300 naira to a dollar........ grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

At the end of the year naira to a dollar will be 33,300 naira........ grin grin grin grin

By next week when it gets to 2500 naira per dollar the original owners of this country will take over and I am not referring to bloody civilians...... grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by lendahand(m): 8:35pm On Feb 20
Newton1045:
No problem

Let dollar continue going. We don't care

Our currency is naira.

When naira tire to chase Dollar, it wud rest
I don't think you fully understand the import of the chase grin
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Ray07(m): 8:35pm On Feb 20
Zxcvbnmghtr:

I have always respected your I/Q but this comment of your's doesn't add up in the realities around the world. I was in Canada a few weeks ago, the same Canada of a few years ago has really changed so much that, I had to make my purchases in non branding stores where things are cheaper. Funny how I started meeting people I use to meet in the super markets, I don't mean Nigerians but Canadians. The exchange rate of Canadian Dollar to American Dollar has shut up. Interest rate has shut up. Things are not easy. It's even much more difficult in the U.K, very difficult. My point is, why is it so? Is it bad leadership?

Nigeria will stabilize. It's a phase. If GEJ had removed the subsidy then, of course this is what we will go through or even worse but it would have been in the past.
see who is commenting . . . are you done praising your political masters, lord, father and Savior sad

Continue singing the praises.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by aimmoney9: 8:40pm On Feb 20
slowice:
What a shameful country.... Bdc guys kidnapped the Naira so tilumbu in his might wisdom sent gun wielding effcc guys to rescue the naira.

This is the man SW people say is intelligent lol
Yorubas saw the handwriting on the wall but they decided to cover the wall with ashoebi and do owanbe at the wall's location........ grin grin grin

Now breeze has blown, the veil (ashoebi) lifted and the handwriting is glaring and conspicuous for all to see....... grin grin grin grin

Shame go dey catch dem now...... grin grin grin grin

Tinubu will handle economy, shettima will handle insecurity indeed...... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by osasu22: 8:47pm On Feb 20
BDC's are part of the menace causing the decline in the naira value because of their personal gains.

The post attached was few years back.

https://www.nairaland.com/6576677/naira-devaluation-bdcs-get-dollars

Only God knows when we will stop complaining in this country

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Advancedman(m): 8:53pm On Feb 20
Tntsi:
We warned and warned that Nigeria was at the point of death and that due to the prayers and cries of the innocent , Divinity selected and prepared a team that should pull out our nation from the clip of death and bring her to a new Nigeria.

Podatti are ordinary people but prepared and selected by divinity and given the grace to rescue Nigeria from falling off to death.
The love and acceptance was beyond the ordinary. It was something that divinity personal orchestrated.

There is a curse on the land of Nigeria which is a consequence of the desecration of the land by the tinubu in his desperate quest for power.
Brace up yourselves because it's going to get worse.
Nobody is sabotaging anything. Tinubu and his gang are the sabotagers that sabotaged the system, removed the ancient landmark set by the land and desecrated the land all in a bid to grab power.
He is on a cursed mandate. Nothing will come from it .

Love you

2 Likes

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by MikeofKd(m): 8:55pm On Feb 20
Godjone:
angry

Wole sonyinka the fool called Obidients all manners of names because we ask that the country should work.

Some idiots on this forum called us all manners of names because the government is paying them peanuts.

Bayo Onanuga threatened a whole tribe in LAGOS state because they want the good of Nigeria.

Mc Oluomoh harrassed. Killed and molested Obidients because they rejected tinubu.

Today, it was thesame idiots that are crying the more and gnashing their heads. Una go smel una nyash. E never start ooo

See how foolish you are , is the suffering not felt by everyone ? Abi ipob dey enjoy d inflation , Ewu.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Advancedman(m): 8:55pm On Feb 20
pocohantas:
Hmmmm. They should give all of us our passports and open the borders. Let's find our way.

I would never have guessed someone can be a worse leader than Buhari.

That weak shoeless man @ GEJ shouldn't have given Buhari the mantle.

A diehard balablu protégé spotted. lipsrsealed

All enemies of state like you should be put at the frontline. We didn't say you should go assasinate Bola. Just speak the truth.

This is the man to blame though it's not for children but mature wise elder.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by lexy2014: 8:56pm On Feb 20
ironheart:
there is a correlation. When Emefiele went after them, the price shoot up

are BDCs the reason why the naira is falling against the dollar?
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by KingDash09(m): 8:59pm On Feb 20
Na we vote for am abi him rig himself in

But you go still change the dollar to naira abi
AqualinaXYZ:
As long as I’m receiving dollar every three days

Let it hit to 100k per $ before September

We warned you people to vote wisely una no gree

Let’s make gains out of y’all foolishness
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by lexy2014: 9:01pm On Feb 20
Newton1045:

Yes. 50%
They always put markup to make profit

what do you mean by "50%"?

how are BDCs the reason for the fall of the naira?
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by lexy2014: 9:05pm On Feb 20
Advancedman:

This is the man to blame though it's not for children but mature wise elder.

how is he the one to blame?
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by MorningStar233: 9:12pm On Feb 20
pocohantas:

E fit be say na guilty conscience dey worry you. If at this critical point, what you see is MOCKERY. Who are the people I mocked HERE?

And please, I never supported your Tinubu. I said I do not mind his presidency or think he is as bad. After all, he built Lagos. Now that I have seen he is indeed bad and senile, it has to be stated. It is not mockery, but fact. Except you have your comprehension muddled up.

Hahahahahaha.....chai. hehehehe. My Tinubu indeed. Once anyone speaks against you people the person automatically becomes a Tinubu supporter.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Pgltm: 9:13pm On Feb 20
Free for all now, let's have a coup for a restart. The unimaginable is happening already.. A hard reset is welcomed now
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by slowice(m): 9:16pm On Feb 20
aimmoney9:

Yorubas saw the handwriting on the wall but they decided to cover the wall with ahoebi and do owanbe at the wall's location........ grin grin grin

Now breeze has blown, the veil (ashoebi) lifted and the handwriting is glaring and conspicuous for all to see....... grin grin grin grin

Shame go dey catch dem now...... grin grin grin grin

Tinubu will handle economy, shettima will handle insecurity indeed...... grin grin grin grin

But he built Lagos and tamed the red sea there grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by AngelicBeing: 9:27pm On Feb 20
aimmoney9:

Naira adds 100 naira to a dollar every day and we still have 314 days left this year...... grin grin grin

314x100=31400 naira........ grin grin grin grin

Plus 1900 naira to a dollar current price....... grin grin grin grin

31400+1900=33,300 naira to a dollar........ grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

At the end of the year naira to a dollar will be 33,300 naira........ grin grin grin grin

By next week when it gets to 2500 naira per dollar the original owners of this country will take over and I am not referring to bloody civilians...... grin grin grin grin grin
Chai shocked

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Rumundele(m): 9:29pm On Feb 20
O boy do we have still have a country?
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by mceze(m): 9:30pm On Feb 20
AqualinaXYZ:
As long as I’m receiving dollar every three days

Let it hit to 100k per $ before September

Show me the way.(angelezeus@yahoo.com)

We warned you people to vote wisely una no gree

Let’s make gains out of y’all foolishness
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by bionixs: 9:32pm On Feb 20
lifeandjoy:
grin
Tinubu goes nowhere. He'll complete his 8 years and the Igbos must learn their full lessons
abi o ! My brother, na BULABA I go vote next time o. Obi must learn a lesson. I heard that PO was being beaten with koboko to cue up for ₦100 bread at Lagos Island today

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Teebeemic(m): 9:37pm On Feb 20
2000 inbound
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by tnerro1(m): 9:52pm On Feb 20
I wonder when fire service will raid zone 4 also, we need to keep the dollar down by any means possible 😁
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by 802oluwaseyi: 9:53pm On Feb 20
At this stage it should be a crime to give birth in Nigeria Us or Russia could just help us and nuke this country to prevent extreme suffering, it’s gonna be an eyesoreAt this stage it should be a crime to give birth in Nigeria Us or Russia could just help us and nuke this country to prevent extreme suffering, it’s gonna be an eyesore...
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Morphinne: 10:20pm On Feb 20
lifeandjoy:
grin
Tinubu goes nowhere. He'll complete his 8 years and the Igbos must learn their full lessons
Yes o, my Ipob friend. The foolish tribe must learn their full lessons grin
Next time, they will rather vote for a fresh blood like Yele Sowore (a man who’s never siphoned our treasury before) than insulting and forcing us into voting a known thief who couldn’t transform his State in 8 solid years. A thief who was booed and called all sort of unprintable names over his poor performance as a governor. Fast forward to many years later, the same people who called him a bad leader instantly started praising him and giving him the saint treatment. They started calling a 61-year-old man a youth while ignoring the likes of Sowore just because that one is not their tribesman grin
Una dey crase well well.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by pacificom: 10:43pm On Feb 20
AllenSpencer:

Commercial banks won’t sell to you! They will sell to BDC for huge profit.
Then enforcement agency will nab them and fine them heavily.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by AllenSpencer: 10:48pm On Feb 20
pacificom:
Then enforcement agency will nab them and fine them heavily.

Are you a Nigerian?

The enforcement agency’s have known what we talking about for over 5 decades.

It’s a big money spindling venture for banks and can pay-off ANYBODY

You should know the Nigerian system. 🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by pacificom: 11:03pm On Feb 20
AllenSpencer:

Are you a Nigerian?

The enforcement agency’s have known what we talking about for over 5 decades.

It’s a big money spindling venture for banks and can pay-off ANYBODY

You should know the Nigerian system. 🤣🤣🤣
So literarily , commercial banks are the bad brain behind all this dollar factor. That is a shame.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by AllenSpencer: 11:07pm On Feb 20
pacificom:

So literarily , commercial banks are the bad brain behind all this dollar factor. That is a shame.

Wow! Don’t tell me you just knowing.

If you walk into the bank and request $50,000 USD, they will tell you it’s not available. Ask the aboki’s on that same road where that bank is situated, and you will be shocked one of thier boys would walk inside that same bank and get it out.

Those BDC can change any amount you mention, just call it. The bank is their backup.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Ilekokonit: 11:25pm On Feb 20
On Monday, Peoples Gazette reported how the anti-graft agency raided the well-known Abuja Zone 4 market, shooting at Bureau De Change operators to stop the Naira’s rapid decline.

What a joke Nigeria has become.

In serious countries like Britain, former Prime minister Liz Truss was booted out of office by her own party members after just 50 days in power for a disastrous mini budget that made the pound crash but in Nigeria instead of doing the same to the clearly bereft and incompetent Tinubu, Nigeria is sending bullets after currency speculators

Tinubu is punching FAR above his weight and he has NOTHING but looting to offer Nigeria.

Tinubu is now more dangerous than ever because his temporary halt to his drug sniffing will have ended now as the only way the treasury looter drug baron can get some sleep now is to be completely stoned out of his mind with hard drugs meaning that there are many more disastrous policies yet to come soon from the criminal called Tinubu.

Tinubu is at his most dangerous now. Just watch and see.

How did Nigeria end up like this

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FBN Holdings Confirms Hassan-Odukale As Single-Largest Shareholder / USSD: NCC Bars Telcos From Charging Customers / Elite Solar Kiosk To Enhance Opportunities For Small Business Owners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.