Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,420 members, 7,819,516 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt (26909 Views)

Naira Hits ₦1,000/$ Ahead Of CBN Sale To BDCs / Naira Hits ₦2,000/1£ At Parallel Market (From ₦1930/£) / Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Orlu13: 6:31pm On Feb 20
AqualinaXYZ:
As long as I’m receiving dollar every three days

Let it hit to 100k per $ before September

We warned you people to vote wisely una no gree

Let’s make gains out of y’all foolishness

how are u receiving dollars every 3 days..teach me...I didn't vote fr balablue oo...but I no rate naira again
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by sukkot: 6:31pm On Feb 20
optimusprime2:
How can you float a currency to the open market and later start pursuing the open market because the price doesn't favor you... no be craze be that?

All that is happening now is because one old man who should be in retirement, made an entire country blind to reason, deaf to counsel and confused to progressive direction by kickstarting a tribal frenzy, simply saying "Emi'lokan!"
grin cheesy
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by UptownVibes(m): 6:32pm On Feb 20
Edoreborn:
Bastard set of pple,,u can't even buy jeans again in d mkt.. jeans wey we dey buy 4k,,now 15k
E cheap for your side o. Na 18k this side.. Yeye jean o. If you really wan buy quality, you go spend to extent say you go just sit down with your loud dey laugh the country..
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by 123papas(m): 6:32pm On Feb 20
You are selfish and self centered. What about the millions of people that earn in Nigeria You don’t care cos you earn in dollar!

AqualinaXYZ:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by CaptainFM1: 6:33pm On Feb 20
The dumbest thing to do is to use guns to try force the dollar to come down.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Xox1945(m): 6:34pm On Feb 20
Who advice Tinubu to float naria
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by pacificom: 6:35pm On Feb 20
Edoreborn:
Bastard set of pple,,u can't even buy jeans again in d mkt.. jeans wey we dey buy 4k,,now 15k
Don’t worry, they are taking you back to the days when you cover your yansh with grass.

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by AlanSugar(m): 6:35pm On Feb 20
Y saying this already, did your vote count? The coca'in-sniffing addict in aso rock wasn't voted, he was selected. Pls stop making anyone feel guilty.

AqualinaXYZ:

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by RepoMan007: 6:36pm On Feb 20
Guns can't bring dollar down. Demand and supply equilibrium tells us why it fell. Before this week average daily dollar sales was higher. One supply dipped and demand remained, the price went up in reaction to that.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by nairalanda1(m): 6:36pm On Feb 20
IN the coming weeks, the government is going to approach the IMF for a loan, and that means that we would have to take some hard decisions to be considered for the loan.

There is going to be a lot of tightening of belts, and , God forbid, possible crisis.

I know who to blame, but right now, the milk has been spilt. Time to clean it up.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by viodemus: 6:37pm On Feb 20
Going to 2225. Then some foreigners will help him curb it, he will force it down to 1950 or 2050, for some months, but because they are not focused, it will begin to rise again; later in the year. I hope am wrong, and he does better.

This is not rocket science, they are so predictable in their naivete. Thank you Lord for proofing me against their amateur leadership. I can't help everybody, no be me be FG, sg, Lg, or reps. May God help us all.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Sambai65(m): 6:38pm On Feb 20
ironheart:
Government need to scrap those BDC guys. They are a bunch of cabals, everyone should go to the bank to get there Money changed. Official Naira price will continue to chase the BDC price
See you bro,bank and BDC Operators are twins,this country will sink totally

2 Likes

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by wealthyvic1: 6:39pm On Feb 20
post=128555928:

The Economy Is Getting Tougher And Harder

This is just the beginning

1 dollar to N2024 loading........
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by t2luv1: 6:42pm On Feb 20
optimusprime2:
How can you float a currency to the open market and later start pursuing the open market because the price doesn't favor you... no be craze be that?

All that is happening now is because one old man who should be in retirement, made an entire country blind to reason, deaf to counsel and confused to progressive direction by kickstarting a tribal frenzy, simply saying "Emi'lokan!"

Did they even understand the ramifications of currency floating? I don't think they did. Nigeria uses Price Waterhouse for NNPC accounting. Are you telling me that there are no qualified accounting companies in that country that could do that work?
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by kingthreat(m): 6:44pm On Feb 20
These Bureau de Change guys are holding this country hostage.
No thanks to the banks for selling to them
No thanks to the government for not monitoring the sales of its dollar reserves.
Messed up situation.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Karleb(m): 6:45pm On Feb 20
When they started this their policies, I said things will get worse.

Tinubu is so clueless is policies are working the other way. If he had been working with Buhari's template things would have been like during Buhari. The more they try to fix it, the worse it's gonna get.

Infact, if the whole of Tinubu government quit today and no one is in change for the next 8 years things would still be better than it would be by the time Tinubu is done with Nigeria completely.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by FireUpNow(m): 6:46pm On Feb 20
The president better review his fuel subsidy removal and floating of the naira policies. Not be descending on BDC operations, it won't work oo.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by yewit37486: 6:48pm On Feb 20
t2luv1:

Did they even understand the ramifications of currency floating? I don't think they did. Nigeria uses Price Waterhouse for NNPC accounting. Are you telling me that there are no qualified accounting companies in that country that could do that work?

Unfortunately, most of the good quality hands have japa'ed. There's been a noticeable drop in service levels and quality employees in recent years. So the PWC and KPMG of then are a far cry to the present.

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Zeezenho: 6:50pm On Feb 20
Agunesinjaweola:
NIGERIA is still better than many countries except for the current food prices but it' will soon be okay 🆗

Stop deceiving yourself nigeria is not nether than any country well maybe haiti and war thorn countries.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by t2luv1: 6:53pm On Feb 20
RepoMan007:
Guns can't bring dollar down. Demand and supply equilibrium tells us why it fell. Before this week average daily dollar sales was higher. One supply dipped and demand remained, the price went up in reaction to that.

Let you in on a secret it is not a Demand and Supply thing. Annual inflow remittance by the Nigerian in Diaspora is about $21B, and Annual outflow specifically dedicated to importation is about $25B. This is without even taking into account Nigeria's excess reserve account. There is plenty of money to defend the Naira. The previous CBN chief did it without any fanfare. Partner, a lot of the big boys in financial institutions are all betting against the Naira.

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Kaybaba5(m): 6:57pm On Feb 20
[quote author=ideatoprince18 post=128556727]Gbajue people .... Make dem dey fool themself ... Fire brigade approach upandan. The next thing is to start the blame game. [/quote
]
Before nko, we inherited this from past government blablabla....
That has been their song
Clueless government
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by optimusprime2(m): 6:58pm On Feb 20
t2luv1:

You heard it yourself when Lord BAT said "na statistics we go chop?" That should give you an idea of how the current leadership would respond to enlightened Council from the likes of PWC and Co... because even Buhari in all his wahala, refused to float the currency.

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by sukkot: 7:00pm On Feb 20
Zetty177x:
Can this dullard unfloat the naira? We are all gonna be dead o....God help us.
grin

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by pquaver(m): 7:00pm On Feb 20
Tntsi:
We warned and warned that Nigeria was at the point of death and that due to the prayers and cries of the innocent , Divinity selected and prepared a team that should pull out our nation from the clip of death and bring her to a new Nigeria.

Podatti are ordinary people but prepared and selected by divinity and given the grace to rescue Nigeria from falling off to death.
The love and acceptance was beyond the ordinary. It was something that divinity personal orchestrated.

There is a curse on the land of Nigeria which is a consequence of the desecration of the land by the tinubu in his desperate quest for power.
Brace up yourselves because it's going to get worse.
Nobody is sabotaging anything. Tinubu and his gang are the sabotagers that sabotaged the system, removed the ancient landmark set by the land and desecrated the land all in a bid to grab power.
He is on a cursed mandate. Nothing will come from it

Akuko
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Musauzor(m): 7:01pm On Feb 20
I'm yet to understand why Yoruba people are always bad leaders. Na them liquidated all the Nigerian-owned enterprises.

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by pquaver(m): 7:02pm On Feb 20
Godjone:
angry

Wole sonyinka the fool called Obidients all manners of names because we ask that the country should work.

Some idiots on this forum called us all manners of names because the government is paying them peanuts.

Bayo Onanuga threatened a whole tribe in LAGOS state because they want the good of Nigeria.

Mc Oluomoh harrassed. Killed and molested Obidients because they rejected tinubu.

Today, it was thesame idiots that are crying the more and gnashing their heads. Una go smel una nyash. E never start ooo

But why are obidients always crying more than the bereaved? Or u think this ur blackmail will make people think obi would have done wonders? When it is obviously if he won it would have been worse?
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Angelfrost(m): 7:04pm On Feb 20
Solidex:
Like play like play one Dollar go soon be 5k.
It is over.
This is calamitous.
We are doomed.

We?!! Nah... I'm good. cool

Nothing happening now is strange or unexpected to me.

I have been preparing myself and life for this day since Buhari and APC took over government in 2015.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Metrofox(m): 7:06pm On Feb 20
DIVINEEVIDENCE:
Nine political years in pictures...

9 times worse in 9 years by the fools grin
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Theweekend: 7:12pm On Feb 20
A time would come u will look for your money in the Nigerian bank u won't find it - Nnamdi kanu
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by InvertedHammer: 7:15pm On Feb 20
/
Only a bonafide and globally certified and licensed slowpoke will have any kind of empathy for Nigerians. What preaching and campaigning couldn't do, poverty and inflation have done in less than a year.
I pray it hits N5000/$. Nigerians can only learn the hard way.
/

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by LeopardX: 7:15pm On Feb 20
ironheart:
Government need to scrap those BDC guys. They are a bunch of cabals, everyone should go to the bank to get there Money changed. Official Naira price will continue to chase the BDC price
The banks supply dollars to these 'BDC guys'.
The government should go after the main source if they have the balls.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Frustration As ATMs Dispense Less Cash In Ekiti (photos) / CBN To Sell Dollars To Pilgrims For 197 / Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.