Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt (27020 Views)

Naira Hits ₦1,000/$ Ahead Of CBN Sale To BDCs / Naira Hits ₦2,000/1£ At Parallel Market (From ₦1930/£) / Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by stacyadams: 6:15pm On Feb 20
Edoreborn:
Bastard set of pple,,u can't even buy jeans again in d mkt.. jeans wey we dey buy 4k,,now 15k
My brother go buy boxers grin
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Maxtipulation(m): 6:16pm On Feb 20
Agbadorians standing on Tinubu's manhood has caused him erectile deficiency there by making him not to perform sexcioeconomically embarassed

BTW: don't bother looking for that word in the dictionary you will not find it grin
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by mrdharkchild(m): 6:17pm On Feb 20
GboyegaD:

What stores do you purchase from before and what stores are the non-branded ones you go now?

It's people like that guy that fumes whenever any Nigerian cross over to Canada.

And are even happier that mac Miller has suspended permits for 2 years, and has chosen to frustrate migration efforts.

I will tell you the truth.
Nigerian are the same here as they're at home.

They have this inbuilt wickedness.
Especially when they're successful.

I hate Nigerians, and don't row with them.

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 6:17pm On Feb 20
Ashawoman82:
u are not OK, what do we produce... $ will continue to determine our economy provided we remain import dependent... What do we export in this country?... Useless policy from BAT brought us to this situation to us, how can u float the naira knowing fully well we rely on importation for even little things like tooth pick and tissue paper..

We @ Mannerless grill love the Policy....

The Policy will favour us and our Families

Ooh DADDY....Ooh Daddy.....give us more!!!
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by franconian: 6:18pm On Feb 20
Willing buyer, willing seller policy in the mud.

Why is Tinubu shooting the "willing sellers"? 😂
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Irupetepete: 6:19pm On Feb 20
Newton1045:
No problem

Let dollar continue going. We don't care

Our currency is naira.

When naira tire to chase Dollar, it wud rest
and your brain didn't tell you the prices of everything will shoot up?

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Anatolia: 6:19pm On Feb 20
Zxcvbnmghtr:

I have always respected your I/Q but this comment of your's doesn't add up in the realities around the world. I was in Canada a few weeks ago, the same Canada of a few years ago has really changed so much that, I had to make my purchases in non branding stores where things are cheaper. Funny how I started meeting people I use to meet in the super markets, I don't mean Nigerians but Canadians. The exchange rate of Canadian Dollar to American Dollar has shut up. Interest rate has shut up. Things are not easy. It's even much more difficult in the U.K, very difficult. My point is, why is it so? Is it bad leadership?

Nigeria will stabilize. It's a phase. If GEJ had removed the subsidy then, of course this is what we will go through or even worse but it would have been in the past.

Just shut up. It is either Tinubu leaves or Nigerians perish. It is one of the two options

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Zxcvbnmghtr: 6:19pm On Feb 20
mrdharkchild:

I stay in the same Canada and all I can say is, never put Canada or US in the same sentence with Nigeria.

Interest rates shut up, price of housing increased, but they don't spike in one direction. By time the conservatives enter power, watch how it will subsidize.

I'd advice you to go back to Nigeria and do the comparison.

Please never compare Nigeria with those countries.

Every where is good for you, that's why you're saying rubbish.

I lose respect for you.
I pity your kids, too.

You err in fair judgements

Pocohantas am happy to find someone who has affirmed the present realities in Canada. Thank you.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by AllenSpencer: 6:19pm On Feb 20
OmoNla99:

To make it worse, the government of the day has been telling people how India, uae etc are bringing in dollars to invest in an unstable and insecure Nigeria economy.

I blame people that listen to them! It’s simple logic to know the country was not good for investment.

But they want to impress people back home, and money is lost now.

Most of them are not even brilliant enough to know they lost money.

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by pacificom: 6:20pm On Feb 20
Solution is to suspend dollar circulation to public through BDC and enable those who need it for business and other genuine reasons to buy through their commercial bank.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by AllenSpencer: 6:21pm On Feb 20
pacificom:
Solution is to suspend dollar circulation to public through BDC and enable those who need it for business and other genuine reasons to buy through their commercial bank.

Commercial banks won’t sell to you! They will sell to BDC for huge profit.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by BigDawsNet: 6:22pm On Feb 20
Hezzyluv:

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

I still believe in miracles sha. cry cry

I believe in miracle too...

But has Foreign currencies keeps growing high... it will be very expensive for an average Nigerian to successfully migrate legally

Let just hope miracle can happen and things get better

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Zetty177x: 6:22pm On Feb 20
Can this dullard unfloat the naira? We are all gonna be dead o....God help us.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by DestinyNigga: 6:22pm On Feb 20
Jagaban of Borgu has hit the ground running 🤣🤣🤣
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by GboyegaD(m): 6:22pm On Feb 20
mrdharkchild:

It's people like that guy that fumes whenever any Nigerian cross over to Canada.

And are even happier that mac Miller has suspended permits for 2 years, and has chosen to frustrate migration efforts.

I will tell you the truth.
Nigerian are the same here as they're at home.

They have this inbuilt wickedness.
Especially when they're successful.

I hate Nigerians, and don't row with them.

Please don't hate us, there are still much good ones out there even more than the bad ones. I guess he is just a staunch supporter of BAT and needed to exergerate things. I would love to read what store he changed to.

The worse part is the fire brigade approach of the president and his ministers. Imagine one is threatening to open the border for cement importation when the same cement sold for N8500 in Nigeria is sold for less than N3k in neighboring countries. The government and their cronies are all crooks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by kolamilan(m): 6:23pm On Feb 20
pacificom:
that would worsen the situation. This 50 per day difference occurs as a result of limiting inflows from diaspora and u want to limit it more.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Okpokpo09: 6:23pm On Feb 20
Please help me am from Oyo state hunger wan finish my family we haven’t eating for 3 days now. Help help help Nigeria in Diaspora please render help oooo!
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by motionarena: 6:24pm On Feb 20
Some wicked forces are behind this.
This is not a matter of weather we export or not
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by DARLINGTON869(m): 6:24pm On Feb 20
Can Tinubu at this moment just resign. Please sir just resign.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by TalkingBird: 6:24pm On Feb 20
Government oooooh.

Support everything produced in ABA from now. Give them access to export without charge.

Do so for every producer and farmer etc. everything we can sell out lets sell out.

Send people to farm, clear bushes for everybody to farm and sell the produce in the next 6 months

Farm everywhere lets produce food and sell.

support academic research, any researcher that does not produce anything deduct research fund from source for that researcher.

Gather experts Chemical Engineers to revamp the refineries.

Support Artisanal fuel production with control of pollution.

Give time line for everything called endeavor.

But the wicked one will not allow them to hear. They are a confused set. When they get there they get confused. They begin to wonder what is happening to them. It is not their fault. Man was not created to rule himself. Those who managed to get it somewhat right in the past though with unsolvable challenges are also getting confused now. Just look around and you will understand.

Remember the Prince of Persia in the Bible of Book of Daniel.

The saddest thing is that some countries have been cut off in the midst of the last days of the world soon to end. We happened to be one of them. so sorry

They can only barely manage.

Someone said I didn't see Abacha and I laughed. The entire global economy has been on a downward spiral. Sincerely check it out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by cerpvad(m): 6:25pm On Feb 20
This is not funny again. Abeg wake me up when it hits N5,000 per Dollar grin grin grin
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by mvem(m): 6:25pm On Feb 20
ironheart:
Government need to scrap those BDC guys. They are a bunch of cabals, everyone should go to the bank to get there Money changed. Official Naira price will continue to chase the BDC price
but oga dey are floating the naira meaning both black market and official rate will be nearly thesame
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by pacificom: 6:25pm On Feb 20
Anatolia:

Just shut up. It is either Tinubu leaves or Nigerians perish. It is one of the two options
Instead of Nigeria perish for nothing, they should auction it on eBay or Amazon and share the money equally to everyone to waka.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Felaincarnated: 6:26pm On Feb 20
From morning till night mana BAT azaghi ha.
From January to December BAT Azaghi ha.
From ages to ages BAT azaghi ha.

Kpo ma nu BAT oga bụ na o jere ahia
Kpo ma nu BAT oga bụ na o jere ọmụgwọ
Kpo ma nu BAT oga bụ na o mere travel
Tinubu Bu onye amuma Baal

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Agunesinjaweola: 6:26pm On Feb 20
NIGERIA is still better than many countries except for the current food prices but it' will soon be okay 🆗
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Angel15(f): 6:26pm On Feb 20
They are busy chasing shadows, how does the BDC get the money?
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 6:26pm On Feb 20
Typing:

Before he finish, no child will remain in one Region. As them go don sell all the Children for that Side. To enable them buy food grin grin grin

We @ Mannerless grill love the Policy to sell our intelligent children that saw the red flag and cried in loud voice that Tinubu is a disaster Darling Daddy.....

What will happen to those Children used by Alfas for rituals from that region??

Watch your tongue .....enemies of a better Nigeria under Tinubulation will suffer in penury

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by hodestruth: 6:27pm On Feb 20
Don't be deceived, the exchange will continue increasing because the higher it is the better for those who stack stolen dollars abroad, think about it, when someone brings in a million dollars from billions he stacked outside into the country, he is going to get $1m × ₦2000 = ₦2b, that is their target, don't think that they are interested in our welfare but their selfish interests, let them continue to devalue, God is bigger than them all

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by yewit37486: 6:28pm On Feb 20
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Pocohantas, why did you move my post up there. Haba Poco, what does that justify. Are you being paid for the number of likes you get on NL?

Why are you scared of it being moved up? If it's a sensible comment, you should be glad to have it shared to a wider audience.

By the way, cc: freestuffsng FYI and the one that calls himself throwback, this is not the time to hide, come out and do your work.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Cacasentiano2: 6:28pm On Feb 20
GOF help us
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Zxcvbnmghtr: 6:29pm On Feb 20
yewit37486:

Why are you scared of it being moved up? If it's a sensible comment, you should be glad to have it shared to a wider audience.

By the way, cc: freestuffsng FYI.

Thank you
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by t2luv1: 6:30pm On Feb 20
How is that free-floating on the Naira going with yaa? Insane for the country to be doing something proposed by McKinsey and Company, a global consulting company. This is the same company that advised AT&T in 1991 to sell their mobile phone division because wait for this people, they envisioned the total number of subscribers within the continental USA not to be more than 100,000 by 2011. They were way off by over 200m subscribers. That alone should have disqualified that company from ever being hired by any reasonable company as a consultant. That is the same company that advised the Nigerian government to free-float its Currency. Nigeria has so many distinguished economists with her border that advised the country not to free-float the currency. Typical of African Countries they worshiped at the altar of Ivy League College diplomas instead of believing their homegrown diplomas. Now they are in this position. All major countries support their currency, either directly or indirectly. China, Japan, and Germany directly The mighty USA does this indirectly through the Treasury notes interest manipulations. Only Nigeria is stupid enough to think she knows better. Well, i think it's time for me to take a short position when it comes to Nigeria currency I am thinking of buying a short position of $1/2200,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can A Customer Sue Bank For Undeposited Money Lost During Bank Robbery? / FOREX : Dealers Unable To Pick $100m Offered By CBN / Top 10 Bizarre Places People Have Hidden Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.