Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,290 members, 7,836,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt (27024 Views)

Naira Hits ₦1,000/$ Ahead Of CBN Sale To BDCs / Naira Hits ₦2,000/1£ At Parallel Market (From ₦1930/£) / Naira Falls To All-Time Low On I&E Window, Hits N1,099/$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Theweekend: 7:16pm On Feb 20
pquaver:

But why are obidients always crying more than the bereaved? Or u think this ur blackmail will make people think obi would have done wonders? When it is obviously if he won it would have been worse?
y una no give am chance to prove himself so because he did it in Lagos we should follow his Lagos tactics with agbero economic leadership

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Spartachizzy: 7:18pm On Feb 20
Dollar time..!!!!! Cash out time..!!!! ABEG WHO SABI BETTER ONLINE BUISNESS MAKE HIN TEACH ME, ABEG help a brother
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by CaptainJune: 7:19pm On Feb 20
Prophecy of Tinubu's failed and doomed administration coming to pass right before our eyes. All in less than a year of manipulating his way to the office of the president.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by sholadele4: 7:20pm On Feb 20
This is becoming really scary. I used to think I made a mistake leaving this country few years back, but with the situation of things now I don't think I have anything to regret.

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by CaptainJune: 7:22pm On Feb 20
Where are the lying pastors and church leaders who said Tinubu is God's chosen candidate for the nation? They have all gone silent in shame. Shame.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by MrJames007: 7:22pm On Feb 20
This pic is giving me crazy imagination. cry

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Tonididdyx: 7:25pm On Feb 20
Godjone:
angry

Wole sonyinka the fool called Obidients all manners of names because we ask that the country should work.

Some idiots on this forum called us all manners of names because the government is paying them peanuts.

Bayo Onanuga threatened a whole tribe in LAGOS state because they want the good of Nigeria.

Mc Oluomoh harrassed. Killed and molested Obidients because they rejected tinubu.

Today, it was thesame idiots that are crying the more and gnashing their heads. Una go smel una nyash. E never start ooo
. I don't like this we warned them talk or obidients this and that.
I voted obi in the last election, I'm an edo man, in fact Obi won Edo state
A lot of people voted massivly against tinibu.

... The country was clearly robbed, the elections were rigged and the only hope of the country was te court rulings, we both know how that ended. All evidences were swept under the carpet,

You lots esp from the SE should stop this we warned them yarns and we won't protest shit. You'll only make your chances in the next election very slim compared to the last election.

this hardship was forced on US

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by yewit37486: 7:25pm On Feb 20
CaptainJune:
Where are the lying pastors and church leaders who said Tinubu is God's chosen candidate for the nation? They have all gone silent in shame. Shame.

Well, he could be God's chosen candidate to punish the nation, cos how else do you explain all these terrible disasters left right and center? The level of corruption and injustice in Nigeria has been so high, it actually may be judgment time. The nation needs to start with repentance.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by gigfx: 7:26pm On Feb 20
nairalanda1:
IN the coming weeks, the government is going to approach the IMF for a loan, and that means that we would have to take some hard decisions to be considered for the loan.

There is going to be a lot of tightening of belts, and , God forbid, possible crisis.

I know who to blame, but right now, the milk has been spilt. Time to clean it up.

Holy spirit revealed this to you. They are not bothered about all the suffering of the masses, is just to do everything to qualify for IMF / World bank loan that will be looted by them again. The con3 is in a very big mess.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Johnjustice: 7:29pm On Feb 20
Floating of the naira will destroy Nigeria, ill timed move. The naira can not compete, so why float it?

I wonder the type of economic advisers we have...they are opting to destroy the home economy to impress IMF and world bank. Stooges

It's better to defend the naira against dollar, when prices are low, there is high demand and more businesses comes up, government makes more VAT, this can compensate for what is uses to defend naira...till we produce enough and discard dollars, since they can't approach BRICS or look for nations we can trade with, with our local currency.

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by dauntless15(m): 7:29pm On Feb 20
AqualinaXYZ:
As long as I’m receiving dollar every three days

Let it hit to 100k per $ before September

We warned you people to vote wisely una no gree

Let’s make gains out of y’all foolishness
abeg wetin u dey take get the dollars every three days, gimme update abeg grin
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by ironheart(m): 7:30pm On Feb 20
mvem:
but oga dey are floating the naira meaning both black market and official rate will be nearly thesame
but it seems the naira is chasing the BDC price my brother
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by ironheart(m): 7:31pm On Feb 20
lexy2014:

are BDCs the reason why the naira is falling against the dollar?
there is a correlation. When Emefiele went after them, the price shoot up
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by CaptainJune: 7:31pm On Feb 20
When Cardoso floated the naira recently on February 9, this was my reply in the thread:

Your intelligence on the interpretation of this report deserves standing ovation. This is exactly what I highlighted in my previous post here. The dollar is now being auctioned to the highest bidder. That is how auction works. The result: the naira will fall faster and harder than before. I predict ₦4000 to the dollar by June or July this year.

The volatility spike of edging towards supply and demand of the naira is fighting it. It is falling faster than ever because it is being sold aggressively to purchase the dollar.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Elsueno: 7:38pm On Feb 20
AqualinaXYZ:
As long as I’m receiving dollar every three days

What's d point in living in affluence when everyone around ur town is hungry...Them go make u target instead.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by ufuosman(m): 7:40pm On Feb 20
Many people will be saying, will warn you people not to vote for tinubu.Una wen dey warn people so, una no no as tinubu take win, which one be will warn una!! Ow many people u know wen vote for tinubu
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by toprealman: 7:41pm On Feb 20
Zxcvbnmghtr:

I have always respected your I/Q but this comment of your's doesn't add up in the realities around the world. I was in Canada a few weeks ago, the same Canada of a few years ago has really changed so much that, I had to make my purchases in non branding stores where things are cheaper. Funny how I started meeting people I use to meet in the super markets, I don't mean Nigerians but Canadians. The exchange rate of Canadian Dollar to American Dollar has shut up. Interest rate has shut up. Things are not easy. It's even much more difficult in the U.K, very difficult. My point is, why is it so? Is it bad leadership?

Nigeria will stabilize. It's a phase. If GEJ had removed the subsidy then, of course this is what we will go through or even worse but it would have been in the past.
Q: What goes up and NEVER comes down?
A: Naira!
Context:
$1=£1.25 forever.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by CaptainJune: 7:42pm On Feb 20
yewit37486:

Well, he could be God's chosen candidate to punish the nation, cos how else do you explain all these terrible disasters left right and center? The level of corruption and injustice in Nigeria has been so high, it actually may be judgment time. The nation needs to start with repentance.

There was a prophecy given by one I consider a true man of God. In 2023, he said what God showed him would happen under Tinubu administration. I don't need to say everything (it is a nightmare for those who don't know God) but one thing he said that is clearly coming to pass is that the naira will fall to ₦2000/$. The hardship will be unbearably grievous under Tinubu. He said there would be serious hunger in the land that people would resort to cannibalism to survive. Hmm. He said that this would not affect God's children but, my brother, when he gave this prophecy, the naira to the dollar rate was about ₦900/$. Today, there is serious hunger in the land as he said and naira to the dollar rate has hit ₦1,825 to a dollar only ₦175 shy of ₦2000.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by koyeni(m): 7:44pm On Feb 20
BigDawsNet:
If you have plan for japa

Just wave it goodbye for now unless ur parent or sponsor works in Shell or CBN or with fed government

Those dat hav successfully japa... I congratulate u once again

Exactly. They are to be envied
For some weeks now, no anti-japa thread again ..
Eyes don clear

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by toprealman: 7:44pm On Feb 20
Elsueno:

What's d point in living in affluence when everyone around ur town is hungry...Them go make u target instead.
How is his wealth your problem? Why not ask questions and see if you can replicate what he is enjoying. His legit money is not the cause of your Naira collapse!
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Omoluabi16(m): 7:45pm On Feb 20
Zxcvbnmghtr:

I have always respected your I/Q but this comment of your's doesn't add up in the realities around the world. I was in Canada a few weeks ago, the same Canada of a few years ago has really changed so much that, I had to make my purchases in non branding stores where things are cheaper. Funny how I started meeting people I use to meet in the super markets, I don't mean Nigerians but Canadians. The exchange rate of Canadian Dollar to American Dollar has shut up. Interest rate has shut up. Things are not easy. It's even much more difficult in the U.K, very difficult. My point is, why is it so? Is it bad leadership?

Nigeria will stabilize. It's a phase. If GEJ had removed the subsidy then, of course this is what we will go through or even worse but it would have been in the past.
Comparing a 1st world country and a 3rd world country. Very smart.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Colonade: 7:47pm On Feb 20
Hezzyluv:
Yesterday, it was 1,700 today it's 1,800. Befor this week runs out, it would get to 2k cry cry cry
God forbid, bro!
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by koyeni(m): 7:50pm On Feb 20
Larryndelaw:
Nigeria and Nigerians are the one talking about Dollar everyday. Dollar is not our problem.
The media hype is too much
No...the hype is not 'much'.
Prices of things are going up everyday

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by anifranklyn67: 7:57pm On Feb 20
Who advice this man to float naira without having any means to defend it ?

Behold Tinubu, Your Lagos Architect!!!!
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Fearurcreeator: 7:57pm On Feb 20
Tntsi:
We warned and warned that Nigeria was at the point of death and that due to the prayers and cries of the innocent , Divinity selected and prepared a team that should pull out our nation from the clip of death and bring her to a new Nigeria.

Podatti are ordinary people but prepared and selected by divinity and given the grace to rescue Nigeria from falling off to death.
The love and acceptance was beyond the ordinary. It was something that divinity personal orchestrated.

There is a curse on the land of Nigeria which is a consequence of the desecration of the land by the tinubu in his desperate quest for power.
Brace up yourselves because it's going to get worse.
Nobody is sabotaging anything. Tinubu and his gang are the sabotagers that sabotaged the system, removed the ancient landmark set by the land and desecrated the land all in a bid to grab power.
He is on a cursed mandate. Nothing will come from it .
So no be say them go arrest am the day of swearing in again na cursed mandate now .. epele ooo
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Jflex07(m): 7:59pm On Feb 20
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Gibberish!
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by yewit37486: 8:00pm On Feb 20
CaptainJune:

There was a prophecy given by one I consider a true man of God. In 2023, he said what God showed him would happen under Tinubu administration. I don't need to say everything (it is a nightmare for those who don't know God) but one thing he said that is clearly coming to pass is that the naira will fall to ₦2000/$. The hardship will be unbearably grievous under Tinubu. He said there would be serious hunger in the land that people would resort to cannibalism to survive. Hmm. He said that this would not affect God's children but, my brother, when he gave this prophecy, the naira to the dollar rate was about ₦900/$. Today, there is serious hunger in the land as he said and naira to the dollar rate has hit ₦1,825 to a dollar only ₦175 shy of ₦2000.

He was very right, I don't at all doubt what he said. I personally had a dream few weeks before the election and I saw Tinubu and there were ashes everywhere on the floor around him which clearly isn't a good sign. I make it a point to pray for him and others in authority, but I also have no doubt there is divine judgement going on here. There is a need for national repentance and a change in our ways before we can ever get good leaders. Until then, Nigerians are in for a very tough ride under Tinubu. Truly and indeed, righteousness exalts a nation but sin is a reproach.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Elsueno: 8:05pm On Feb 20
toprealman:

How is his wealth your problem? Why not ask questions and see if you can replicate what he is enjoying. His legit money is not the cause of your Naira collapse!

It isn't my problem really, am just pointing out simple fact.....let's not be selfish & insensitive to people's plight wink
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by coolzion(m): 8:07pm On Feb 20
AqualinaXYZ:
As long as I’m receiving dollar every three days bro I want to earn in dollars how do I start pls

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by Jflex07(m): 8:07pm On Feb 20
pquaver:

But why are obidients always crying more than the bereaved? Or u think this ur blackmail will make people think obi would have done wonders? When it is obviously if he won it would have been worse?
nothing can be worst than this.. Dollar will get to 5k while inflation keeps increasing.
Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by MorningStar233: 8:08pm On Feb 20
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Pocohantas, why did you move my post up there. Haba Poco, what does that justify. Are you being paid for the number of likes you get on NL?

At a time even she supported Tinubu for some reason and she's here making mockery of people

1 Like

Re: Naira Hits N1,825 To Dollar Despite EFCC Gun Rescue Attempt by aimmoney9: 8:10pm On Feb 20
Hezzyluv:
Yesterday, it was 1,700 today it's 1,800. Befor this week runs out, it would get to 2k cry cry cry
Dollar is already 1900 naira this evening..... grin grin grin grin grin

Before it was adding 100 naira every day....that is 50 naira in the morning and 50 naira in the evening...... grin grin grin grin

Now for the first time it added 150 naira in a day because dollar closed at 1750 naira yesterday evening...... grin grin grin grin

Guess what caused it...... grin grin grin grin

The EFCC arrest of 50 members of BDC at Abuja and force stopping and closing their business....... grin grin grin grin

The BDC members were not greedy and were selling dollar at a reasonable price before but since Tinubu wants to treat someone doing his legit business in his own country anyhow they will help him crash the naira further.... grin grin grin grin

What do I mean.....those of you shouting go to bank and get the dollars you need, and boycott the BDC completely on nairaland,... can you walk into any commercial bank in Nigeria with your hard earned money as a Nigerian citizen even as an importer and demand for 10,000 dollars not cash oooo but to be transferred abroad or deposited into your domiciliary bank account and you will be attended to, and the transaction will be done at the official bank rate ?? No.......the bank will give you their own bank rate....take it or leave it and they will always sell to the highest bidder...... grin grin grin grin

If a bank has 10billion dollars forex only dangote alone will clear it...... grin grin grin grin

The BDC source and buy their dollars from banks and individuals willing to change their dollars to other currencies at high rates and you expect them not to make profit.....the rate at which the banks will sell to them today is different from the rates at which the bank will sell to them tomorrow........grin grin grin

When importers apply for dollars to facilitate the importation of goods at official bank rate with form Q to the CBN through the commercial banks........shishi, common 5 dolls they will not get....left at no choice they buy from the BDC to avoid paying demurrage for their containers...... cheesy grin grin

The BDC are not to blame, Tinubu excessive embezzlement of the dollars Nigeria make from selling crude oil through the NNPCL on behalf of Nigeria and all those dollars paid into private accounts and not remitted to the CBN is a cause, ........not as if even if it were remitted it will change anything....... grin grin grin

Just as Tinubu used alpha beta to loot Lagos State, he is using NNPCL to loot Nigeria...... grin cheesy grin grin

Cardoso/Tinubu floating of our naira is a cause..... grin grin grin grin

Removing fuel subsidy only to pay for the same subsidy at a far more higher rate or cost is also a cause..... grin grin grin grin

The floating of the naira is the main cause,...you don't float the naira in an import dependent country....... grin grin grin grin

Tinubu the bat, new prices will continue to come out in the night...... grin grin grin

Yorubas that are shouting we always speak truth to power should please leak some NNPCL dollar transfer receipts or telex copy let us know who gets what and how much..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Iyabo ojo must be on that list...... grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FOREX : Dealers Unable To Pick $100m Offered By CBN / Top 10 Bizarre Places People Have Hidden Money / Blackrock To Buy Adebayo Ogunlesi’s Global Infrastructure Partners For $12.5B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.