Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,053 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' (37731 Views)

Zugacoin: Nigerian Cryptocurrency To Be Used To Buy Innoson Vehicles, Others / Critical Electrum Vulnerability, Update Your Electrum Wallet NOW! / Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by peterbello(m): 5:37pm On Feb 21
nlfpmod:

Cryptonian

Dude stop spreading FUD

First to comment on the 5th page.
Seun wey my price money?
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Lifestone(m): 5:37pm On Feb 21
Jbleenk:

Crypto is not meant for everybody cos you have to be smart, very strategic and calculative to be successful in it.
How much have you ever made from crypto. Who is a billionaire in Nigeria from crypto. Dey deceive yourself

2 Likes

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by betshopagent(m): 5:37pm On Feb 21
ivolt:
So, the CBN didn't know what he was doing when he lifted the crypto ban.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/business-news/653606-cbn-lifts-ban-on-cryptocurrency-transactions.html#:~:text=The%20CBN%20announced%20the%20reversal,manage%20cryptocurrency%20to%20avoid%20misuse.

This advice is pointless.
The government can only block crypto websites, it cannot take possession of the coins.
1 hero for you! ๐Ÿป na noise. Highest den fit do but they can't touch my usdt. Group of Agberos in Power. Naira would keep falling till it meets oil.

1 Like

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by ivolt: 5:38pm On Feb 21
NairalandForumo:

I'm only suspecting that's what they plan doing...
Yes, my point is that they may think that is what they want to do
but will find out they can't and quietly not raise the issue again
after some few weeks of noise.

Do you remember when Emefiele seized the assets of companies who traded
in foreign stocks, he eventually lost the case in court as there is no law banning
Nigerians from trading in foreign stocks.

2 Likes

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Beautifulday: 5:38pm On Feb 21
NairalandForumo:
True, Tinubu might want to freeze all transactions with major crypto companies like Binance....

Una too funny.

grin
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by occfx: 5:38pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
grin

Do you people actually make money from this crypto true true?

I don't even take anyone into this crypto thing seriously, it's same as betnaija gambling to me and if not why is it only men that do the crypto thing and the very few women involved are tomboy?

Anything you don't understand is bigger than you. Crypto will make a lot of people rich this year

4 Likes

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by occfx: 5:38pm On Feb 21
NairalandForumo:
True, Tinubu might want to freeze all transactions with major crypto companies like Binance....

He no fit
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by NFBI: 5:38pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
As main work or side hustle?
Main work.. anything crypto he knows
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Raylight2(m): 5:39pm On Feb 21
nlfpmod:

Cryptonian

Roqqu should have us covered. If there's a need to act, they'll update us.

1 Like

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Artscollection: 5:39pm On Feb 21
bluefilm:
Which one is custodial wallet?

The likes of trustwallet
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by 9japride(m): 5:39pm On Feb 21
Validated:

Tinubu lacks the balls.
[color=#006600][/color]

Please don't say such. Government especially in Nigeria is very powerful.
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by airsaylongcome: 5:39pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
Be rolling your eyes there, can you go and marry with the crypto as work? Do you think your prospective father-in-law will handover his daughter to you?
What will be your reply if they ask you what you do for a living

Erelu, la t'enu รฉ?! For real? There was a time musicians, comedians and footballers were looked down on. Today all of that has changed

1 Like

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Artscollection: 5:39pm On Feb 21
occfx:

Anything you don't understand is bigger than you. Crypto will make a lot of people rich this year

That craziest bullrun!!!

2 Likes

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by mariahAngel(f): 5:40pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
I know what I'm saying, they don't like work, they are always indoors running gen with dreadlocks and very shady.
The problem here is I'm saying it

Must you say everything in your head? cheesy

1 Like

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Holuwaxheun(m): 5:40pm On Feb 21
bluefilm:
Which one is custodial wallet?

Dex wallets like trust wallet, Meta mask, solfare, phantom etc

1 Like

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Lifestone(m): 5:40pm On Feb 21
princefunm:

How an intelligent human being finds the power to type this is something I cant understand.

You mean since 2017 when Nigeria woke up to crypto, you have been yinmuing at them.

He asked a question! Simply answer him. I'm with him. Who's a billionaire from Crypto in Nigeria
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by chyzoo4u(m): 5:40pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
grin

I don't even take anyone into this crypto thing seriously, it's same as betnaija gambling to me and if not why is it only men that do the crypto thing and the very few women involved are tomboy?

Dey there make pant dey wear you. Enter Binance and see people selling over 100k USD worth of crypto

3 Likes

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Sleekfingers: 5:40pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
grin

You just displayed your ignorance to the whole world like Akara.

What a shame
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Sapiosexuality(m): 5:42pm On Feb 21
NairalandForumo:

Countries do it even the USA, they don't place a ban on the website, they place a policy and the crypto platform will have to ban all Nigerians by themselves....

Will this policy factor Nigerians outside Nigeria using Binance? If not, is it IP based? How exactly will they work around that?

1 Like

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by profmallor: 5:42pm On Feb 21
smiley You know the funny thing is that up till after COVID I was a strong advocate against this thing whole crypto bitcoin lie, it didn't matter what you say, all I saw was fraud. Now, I know better, infact now I am an expert. But no one convinced me, I decided one day to sit and find out what this crypto lie was all about. The truth would shock you, that is if you are that kind of curious mind.

EreluRoz:
Be rolling your eyes there, can you go and marry with the crypto as work? Do you think your prospective father-in-law will handover his daughter to you?
What will be your reply if they ask you what you do for a living

6 Likes

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by EreluRoz: 5:43pm On Feb 21
mariahAngel:

Must you say everything in your head? cheesy
That's a problem I'm battling with you ๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by 9japride(m): 5:43pm On Feb 21
racerve:

Buhari outright banned crypto. Did that stop anything?

Crypto is way bigger than Nigeria. Las las Binance might close their Nigerian offices, but there's too much money at stake for them to ban Nigerian users.

[color=#006600][/color]

No organisation/body is bigger than the government. They can ban crypto and there is nothing anyone can do.
The best bet is to store your crypto in hard wallet.
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by NairalandForumo: 5:45pm On Feb 21
TheOldGods:
if he goes after them how, are their companies working from Nigeria. Lol, I remember when they thought they could get twitter to come to Nigeria. People still used VPN. This post is causing panic and it's fake. There is nothing Nigerian government can do about crypto. If dem block am, we use VPN. Case closed

There's what you call citizens data rights and country's policy with it, once a country places a policy to certain platforms, they will be unable to any or certain data of the citizens from that particular country....

The company will be forced to ban all users from that country, even the USA does it....

Facebook had to pay fine in billions or so to the EU because of this same issue, I think Binance also did the same to the USA....
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by BreconHills(m): 5:48pm On Feb 21
ivolt:
So, the CBN didn't know what he was doing when he lifted the crypto ban.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/business-news/653606-cbn-lifts-ban-on-cryptocurrency-transactions.html#:~:text=The%20CBN%20announced%20the%20reversal,manage%20cryptocurrency%20to%20avoid%20misuse.

This advice is pointless.
The government can only block crypto websites, it cannot take possession of the coins.

They dont need to
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Voiceofthestree: 5:48pm On Feb 21
FuckHomophobes:

Wallets that you have their seed phrase. E g . Trust wallet, metamask etc

How about exodus ?

1 Like

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Yankee101: 5:48pm On Feb 21
You wallet and cold storage is easier to hack than an exchange. Just be aware of that. Once they access your laptop and get your passwords or phone dem fit pack am

Whereas a loss in an exchange is refundable by the exchange. A loss in your own storage is on your own

Emefiele banned binance and co to improve forex liquidity, Cardoso and Tinubu are desperate for results so they may ban them too

2 Likes

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by thesolutions(m): 5:48pm On Feb 21
Maxxim:

How many people with existing crypto coins save with ngn, even if the government does they'll still end up converting it into usdt, so it's still a loss for the govt
The government will incur no loss. They will be in possession of your dollar for investment which are channeled into profitable businesses and payout naira to anyone who intents to cash out their wallet token.
Every dollar you deposit into your crypto wallet is into someones business and not in the air. It is what the government is yet to understand.
Bit coin rises and falls based on outputs of the businesses. No one gives you free money anywhere.

Government should understand this and create a platform where earners of forex can lodge in their earnings to get benefits from their investment. The cash out will not be in dollar but in Naira. But the problem is that the government has told themselves that they can not do business due to corruption which is their making. So how can they invest peoples money and make gains from it. So the people are left to be preyed on by dishonest private individuals.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by ivolt: 5:49pm On Feb 21
BreconHills:

They dont need to
They don't need to what?
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by betshopagent(m): 5:49pm On Feb 21
obembet:

If this is true, then this administration is not different from Buhari. Zero knowledge. Nobody can stop us anyway.
my sister, are you not entertained? Your messiah is about to touch everyone
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by NairalandForumo: 5:50pm On Feb 21
Sapiosexuality:
Will this policy factor Nigerians outside Nigeria using Binance? If not, is it IP based? How exactly will they work around that?

The issue is not the location of the users, the users can be anywhere even in Mars, the issue is the data of the user, anything that has to do with a Nigerian ID, whether passport, driver's license, NIN, voters card etc, cannot be used on the website, so automatically they ban all users from that country because they can't do KYC for that country's citizens....

Companies have paid countries huge fines because of this issue....

1 Like

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Godsonkemz(m): 5:50pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
grin

They do make money from it if you understand the game of mining.
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by FuckHomophobes: 5:51pm On Feb 21
Voiceofthestree:

How about exodus ?

It's good, I don't use it tho cos it's not really mainstream. Mainstream for me are, safepal, Token pocket, Metamask, Trust, Bitget

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Best Method To Send Money Abroad (US)? / Ore Industrial Park Ondo Begins Full Operations (Photos) / BVN Registration Extended To October

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.