Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,811 members, 7,813,670 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' (37668 Views)

Zugacoin: Nigerian Cryptocurrency To Be Used To Buy Innoson Vehicles, Others / Critical Electrum Vulnerability, Update Your Electrum Wallet NOW! / Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by EreluRoz: 8:06pm On Feb 21
Caramia2020:

Smile, guy we are making money daily.
But why are you guys always afraid of policemen 😂
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by betshopagent(m): 8:09pm On Feb 21
Kennyswag:
blord wey be yahoo boy lol.

Why you nor google hushpuppi and woodberry.
bro watch your utterance oh! This is a public forum. Even EFCC certified him clean after they arrested him sometime ago.
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by MrCamron(m): 8:10pm On Feb 21
Crypto is not betting/gambling !!
For a layman,you may relate crypto to buying of shares as an investment,be it for long term or for a short term.

Also,no goverment in the world can ban crypto ! And the reason for that is because it is decentralized!!

The only thing or part of what government could do is to make policies to tailor and restrict the centralized exchange websites/company's. For example,the USA government restricted binance in the way it does business with her citizens,and that's why binance had to create a version of binance known as www.binance.us just to sooth the financial policies of the USA financial Authority. I think that's the most the Nigeria Government can do.

You saying a government will take down crypto is basically you saying a government will shut down the internet !!

And truly,if internet cease to exist,then crypto will also cease to exist,because crypto is built on the backbone of blockhain technology,which also is built on the backbone of the internet,just like emails and the rest.

No one should panic to withdrawal his/her funds from any of the exchanges,just look out for announcements and update from them.

Like me,I have non-custodial wallets which I use, I use coinomi especially because they have relative good fees. But I can't do without custodian wallets/exchanges like binance because I trade (futures trading) derivatives market especially,though i trade Spot markets too. But the former is more lucrative and more risky,you just need to understand and apply risk management strategies at all time and also put your greed on check 24/7.

Just as in cash money,there are many use cases for crypto too,cash money is used by the same oil and gas gurus for fraud,the same goes to politicians and the likes,hence crypto is not left out. Or have we ever heard that crypto was transported via bullion van to any politician house? Or Abacha use crypto nii?
Emefiele nko?

I'm an early bitcoin adopter since 2013,that's when I created my first wallet with blockchain.info, I think they are now blockchain.com. Then,most of the P2P trades happended ONLY on bitcointalk forum,which is the first ever website created for the propagation of bitcoin.

In 2016,I made a profit of more than 300 million naira with an investment of 5 million naira on some shit coins via cryptopia.co.nz , a website that was latter hacked that same year. I still had some coins there when the hack occurred.

Everyday,I spent more than 15 hours analysing trade pairs on futures trading.

For those of us who still think crypto is majorly scam or for scamming or for yahoo yahoo to client thing,please you are wrong. You need to have an open mind as regards crypto.

Also,try to read stories and Google about young crypto billionaires. Also please read about how CZ the founder of binance sold his house and used the money realised to invest on crypto.Now the rest is history !!

Blessings !

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Rammycares(f): 8:26pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
grin

Do you people actually make money from this crypto true true?

I don't even take anyone into this crypto thing seriously, it's same as betnaija gambling to me, and if not why is it only men that do the crypto thing and the very few women involved are tomboys?

Lol at tomboy, I'm into crypto and I'm not a tomboy and yes I earn by blogging on a crypto blockchain.
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Stephenabudu960(m): 8:28pm On Feb 21
MrCamron:
Crypto is not betting/gambling !!
For a layman,you may relate crypto to buying of shares as an investment,be it for long term or for a short term.

Also,no goverment in the world can ban crypto ! And the reason for that is because it is decentralized!!

The only thing or part of what government could do is to make policies to tailor and restrict the centralized exchange websites/company's. For example,the USA government restricted binance in the way it does business with her citizens,and that's why binance had to create a version of binance known as www.binance.us just to sooth the financial policies of the USA financial Authority. I think that's the most the Nigeria Government can do.

You saying a government will take down crypto is basically you saying a government will shut down the internet !!

And truly,if internet cease to exist,then crypto will also cease to exist,because crypto is built on the backbone of the internet,just like emails and the rest.

No one should panic to withdrawal his/her funds from any of the exchanges,just look out for announcements and update from them.

Like me,I have non-custodial wallets which I use, I use coinomi especially because they have relative good fees. But I can't do without custodian wallets/exchanges like binance because I trade (futures trading) derivatives market especially,though i trade Spot markets too. But the former is more lucrative and more risky,you just need to understand and apply risk management strategies at all time and also put your greed on check 24/7.

Just as in cash money,there are many use cases for crypto too,cash money is used by the same oil and gas gurus for fraud,the same goes to politicians and the likes,hence crypto is not left out. Or have we ever heard that crypto was transported via bullion van to any politician house? Or Abacha use crypto nii?
Emefiele nko?

I'm an early bitcoin adopter since 2013,that's when I created my first wallet with blockchain.info, I think they are now blockchain.com. Then,most of the P2P trades happended ONLY on bitcointalk forum,which is the first ever website created for the propagation of bitcoin.

In 2016,I made a profit of more than 300 million naira with an investment of 5 million naira on some shit coins via cryptopia.co.nz , a website that was latter hacked that same year. I still had some coins there when the hack occurred.

Everyday,I spent more than 15 hours analysing trade pairs on futures trading.

For those of us who still think crypto is majorly scam or for scamming or for yahoo yahoo to client thing,please you are wrong. You need to have an open mind as regards crypto.

Also,try to read stories and Google about young crypto billionaires. Also please read about how CZ the founder of binance sold his house and used the money realised to invest on crypto.Now the rest is history !!

Blessings !

Please can we discuss further on this
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Caramia2020(m): 8:30pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
But why are you guys always afraid of policemen 😂
Lol, police ke, did I steal. They can only ban luno. Hustle o
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Calitoscassius(m): 8:33pm On Feb 21
Tifnubu will show una pepper. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by AerialMapper: 8:33pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
grin

Do you people actually make money from this crypto true true?

I don't even take anyone into this crypto thing seriously, it's same as betnaija gambling to me and if not why is it only men that do the crypto thing and the very few women involved are tomboy?

The simple answer is yes. My crypto portfolio is filled with tokens I purchased 2-3 years ago mostly when the naira was 300- 345 naira to the dollar. I have held these through the bear market and they have now started appreciating in price. Today I can easily sell a few and get more naira... A bit less value but a lot more naira than I spent buying it.

Secondly, by interacting with projects I have gotten "free money" through airdrops...a lot of money.

The government is looking for who to blame for their lack of ideas! The culprit isn't crypto currencies...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by EreluRoz: 8:37pm On Feb 21
AerialMapper:

The simple answer is yes. My crypto portfolio is filled with tokens I purchased 2-3 years ago mostly when the naira was 300- 345 naira to the dollar. I have held these through the bear market and they have now started appreciating in price. Today I can easily sell a few and get more naira... A bit less value but a lot more naira than I spent buying it.

Secondly, by interacting with projects I have gotten "free money" through airdrops...a lot of money.

The government is looking for who to blame for their lack of ideas! The culprit isn't crypto currencies...
I like your response, you are different from normal Nigerians
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by twosquare(m): 8:42pm On Feb 21
Seunpapa65:

Like trust wallet but to withdraw gas fee go chase you
It depends on the network you are using.
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by MrCamron(m): 8:44pm On Feb 21
Stephenabudu960:

I have a telegram channel and a telegram group chat where I share ideas and signal for free, it is not a paid channel and It will never be because I just cant imagine you calling yourself a good and confident trader making money easily to a large extent and yet you would will be waiting for members of your channel or your subscribers to pay you before you would share trading signals with them. Trading signals that are easy to analyse...as if you are reading ABC. If you are such a trader,shame on you !!!

3 Likes

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by BodyCount: 8:45pm On Feb 21
Bigkoko:
We are available in East Africa if you need a safe place to keep your assets!

Economic Armageddon is coming to digital assets in Nigeria!

Let me know if you want to deal!
Lol
You won't get a single person that'll fall for this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Adammamon: 8:46pm On Feb 21
Yes of course. Still my man if you don’t know, you can equally ask people to enlighten you on crypto.

You sounded intelligent, try to explore more about crypto trading, I know it's complex but try to see the light in it, you don’t need to venture into, just to feed your curiosity is enough.

EreluRoz:
I earn way more than that. I'm a serious millionaire with lots of lifetime investments who likes to disguise.

Are you a crypto millionaire? If yes, did you make clean money from it without defrauding people? Be honest with your answers.

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by BodyCount: 8:49pm On Feb 21
Oritna94:
Wow, no shaking. I use Binance just to do P2P. My main coins are in a hard wallet. I hammered with crypto in 2021. Hence my ability to Japa with the funds made. I thank God the day I learnt how to trade in crypto....
You stole all the money I lost, it will get to your turn too...
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by MrCamron(m): 8:51pm On Feb 21
Stephenabudu960:

Sure,we can. Let's keep discussing on here so that other readers can partake,learn one or two stuffs.

2 Likes

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Lifestone(m): 8:52pm On Feb 21
betshopagent:
come and arrest me.
Lol. I still dey laugh here. Try enjoy jare

1 Like

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by betshopagent(m): 8:55pm On Feb 21
Lifestone:

Lol. I still dey laugh here. Try enjoy jare
no problems.
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Xtraterestial: 8:56pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
Internet boy, can you swear you don't know about Yahoo?

If you are not an international footballer, into oil and gas, politician and real estate you no go ever know the gate of my house. I don't trust all these internet boys.

98 % of them are scammers, crypto itself is a legalized Ponzi.
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Temmzz(m): 8:57pm On Feb 21
post=128574579:
Following The Update

What update please
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by twosquare(m): 9:00pm On Feb 21
This is not true at the bold...they will ban you only if you use the IP address of countries they are not operating in, like the USA

As for KYC, there are non-KYC crypto websites for trading, etc. So, chill.

What they can do is for you to be able to sell coins like USDT but not buy them because they need the liquidity.

The banning of these crypto exchange websites in India, what has it done? Do Indians still not trade?
lanre316:

They actually can. Don't underestimate the power of the government. They could
- ban binance website and app from opening in Nigeria, like they did Twitter some years. Forget using VPN, Binance will ban you straight.
- They could request KYC details of Binance users and go after them via BVN. Remember Binance has office in Abuja and they are willing to cooperate with the government.
-They could track the phone numbers used to operate OTP on binance and go after them via BVN.

etc etc.

Just pray that the government doesn't go full force against Binance users in Nigeria. Don't forget how the US government dealt seriously with the CEO of Binance
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by EreluRoz: 9:00pm On Feb 21
Xtraterestial:

98 % of them are scammers, crypto itself is a legalized Ponzi.
See ehn I know why I deliberately wrote that first comment because I know the fraudsters among them will be triggered

1 Like

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Dshocker(m): 9:12pm On Feb 21
Okpokpo09:
Please help me hunger wan finish my family. I’m from Oyo state any kind of food will be accepted, we’re dying of hunger our manhood no longer standing. Help help help ooooo

And you voted for APC?
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by peleson1: 9:13pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
Be rolling your eyes there, can you go and marry with the crypto as work? Do you think your prospective father-in-law will handover his daughter to you?
What will be your reply if they ask you what you do for a living

Jeez

Pls stop disgracing urself online
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by drerocker: 9:17pm On Feb 21
Starboytwo:
Make them no try nonsense at all.
Done already

1 Like

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by NOwazobia: 9:28pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
Be rolling your eyes there, can you go and marry with the crypto as work? Do you think your prospective father-in-law will handover his daughter to you?
What will be your reply if they ask you what you do for a living
You don't have to always advertise how dumb you are.

Shut up sometimes so that people will think you are smart.
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by twosquare(m): 9:30pm On Feb 21
Globad:

Don't mind them
. By 2030, the world's financial system will run on crypto technology: blockchain. God spares our lives; I will remind you then.

By then, you will mind them.
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by NOwazobia: 9:35pm On Feb 21
FOOTSOLDIER2:

Chai, you are too slow bro
Very slow.

I wonder how he is able to use that big empty head to complete his daily activities.

He go dey get headache frequently.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by NOwazobia: 9:37pm On Feb 21
Seunpapa65:

Like trust wallet but to withdraw gas fee go chase you
Trust wallet is not Custodial.

The OP don't even understand the term he used.
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by NOwazobia: 9:39pm On Feb 21
Major7:

There's no need for any insults, you could have enlightened her instead cool
You only educate people who ask to learn, not people who think they know, and use that bases to attack what they don't understand.

3 Likes

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by NOwazobia: 9:50pm On Feb 21
racerve:

Buhari outright banned crypto. Did that stop anything?

Crypto is way bigger than Nigeria. Las las Binance might close their Nigerian offices, but there's too much money at stake for them to ban Nigerian users.

Where is Binance office located in Nigeria, I wan visit them?
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by NOwazobia: 9:57pm On Feb 21
Holuwaxheun:

Dex wallets like trust wallet, Meta mask, solfare, phantom etc
What you mentioned are Non Custodial.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Commissioning Of Dangote Refinery - (Live Video, Pictures) / Nana Otedola Stunning In A Throwback Photo / What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.