Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,002 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' (37727 Views)

Zugacoin: Nigerian Cryptocurrency To Be Used To Buy Innoson Vehicles, Others / Critical Electrum Vulnerability, Update Your Electrum Wallet NOW! / Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Zidane199(m): 5:52pm On Feb 21
nlfpmod:

Cryptonian
why or we should just move it for now reasons.
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by BreconHills(m): 5:52pm On Feb 21
ivolt:

They don't need to what?

They don't need to seize anyone's coins or even close down any sites.
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by ivolt: 5:54pm On Feb 21
BreconHills:

They don't need to seize anyone's coins or even close down any sites.
So, why the alarm when they can't do anything?
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 5:54pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
grin

Do you people actually make money from this crypto true true?

I don't even take anyone into this crypto thing seriously, it's same as betnaija gambling to me and if not why is it only men that do the crypto thing and the very few women involved are tomboy?
What a dumb take.
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by BBIA: 5:55pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
grin

I don't even take anyone into this crypto thing seriously, it's same as betnaija gambling to me and if not why is it only men that do the crypto thing and the very few women involved are tomboy?
Una persona sumamente neciagrin

Crypto is a digital currency. just like Naira, US Dollars, Pounds Sterlings etc are currencies too.

Just like other currencies are traded, they can be traded too. you that get Naira from your body sharing business must you trade with the Naira?

cool

Sense is always chasing you especially on Nairaland but you are always faster. ;
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by betshopagent(m): 5:55pm On Feb 21
mariahAngel:

Why politician?
Are crypto traders not better than those thieves? undecided
no mind her. She ended up calling the real thieves themselves
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by theamazonguru(m): 5:56pm On Feb 21
Fryx:
I have moved my crypto from Binance a long time ago given their semblance to FTX.

But Luno that I am using just disable USDT transactions.

This screenshot is quite funny.

You CANT BUY USDT/USDC
But you can SELL USDT/USDC

There are 2 sides to a trade before the transaction can be successful.

A SELLER on one hand and a BUYER on the other hand.

So when you sell, who is buying?

Lol.

1 Like

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by NairalandForumo: 5:56pm On Feb 21
Beautifulday:

Una too funny.

grin

This is not funny, they might do it....
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Beautifulday: 5:57pm On Feb 21
NairalandForumo:

This is not funny, they might do it....

How them wan do am? Who be Nigeria?
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Sapiosexuality(m): 5:57pm On Feb 21
NairalandForumo:

The issue is not the location of the users, the users can be anywhere even in Mars, the issue is the data of the user, anything that has to do with a Nigerian ID, whether passport, driver's license, NIN, voters card etc, cannot be used on the website, so automatically they ban all users from that country because they can't do KYC for that country's citizens....

Companies have paid countries huge fines because of this issue....

And what does Binance gain from that? Staying in the country? They lose more than they gain by doing that so why will they even do that?

They already released a statement in the morning that they are not ready to be involved or be used in any war.

They simply will pull out of the country and still retain their customers like they do with some countries that don't want them.
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by BreconHills(m): 5:59pm On Feb 21
ivolt:

So, why the alarm when they can't do anything?

Crypto spreads will return to historic numbers because Crypto bid and ask will decouple from being a benchmark for parallel market rates. Crypto investors can continue their business without fear. Nobody will chase them. Everyone will coexist peacefully.
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Deogratiasfx: 6:04pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
grin

That it is not yet ur experience doesn't mean it is not real to others. Crypto and forex are like normal trading activities. Though you can choose to trade it like gambling; this is for people who want to turn millionaires over night.
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Fryx: 6:05pm On Feb 21
theamazonguru:

This screenshot is quite funny.

You CANT BUY USDT/USDC
But you can SELL USDT/USDC

There are 2 sides to a trade before the transaction can be successful.

A SELLER on one hand and a BUYER on the other hand.

So when you sell, who is buying?

Lol.

Luno is not a P2P exchange. They buy from you. You also buy from them if you are buying.
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by NairalandForumo: 6:08pm On Feb 21
Sapiosexuality:
And what does Binance gain from that? Staying in the country? They lose more than they gain by doing that so why will they even do that?

They already released a statement in the morning that they are not ready to be involved or be used in any war.

They simply will pull out of the country and still retain their customers like they do with some countries that don't want them.

Of course they will lose, but still safe for them than paying huge fines offering services to Nigerians if the policy is passed.

And even if they leave Nigeria, it doesn't still change the policy, the issue is the data of Nigerians, they will not be able to process KYC for any Nigerian home or abroad with a Nigeria citizen's data, except the Nigerian has another citizenship he can use....
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by iScribb(m): 6:08pm On Feb 21
nlfpmod:

Cryptonian

You need a dirty slap
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by justmi1: 6:09pm On Feb 21
In my own opinion; crypto is one of our problems I Nigeria. We trade coins and all online without actually creating value, product or services. So if we all trade who will grow the food and provide essential services abi na crypto we go chop hence our naira has no value. The real people working and have no idea of crypto are suffering while someone behind a system os cashing out by just clicking. Educate me if I'm wrong.
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Reload101: 6:10pm On Feb 21
Wisdomkosi p[s:
[/s][s]qaaqa[/size][size=8pt][/size][size=8pt][size=8pt][/size]/s]ost=128574553]Why?
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by SPF247(m): 6:11pm On Feb 21
Moved cool
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by betshopagent(m): 6:12pm On Feb 21
Lifestone:

He asked a question! Simply answer him. I'm with him. Who's a billionaire from Crypto in Nigeria
google BLORD. At least na the one wey I know. There are others of coz. This one na from my state and I know him personally.

1 Like

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Ladoja19: 6:12pm On Feb 21
No oo
They ain't making shi shi
Its just charcoal they are generating
U know gas is expensive now
Das y
Fool of old ancient
EreluRoz:
grin

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Ate247(m): 6:12pm On Feb 21
Lonestar124:
Wetin concen digital currency with physical currency, even the cypto and forex traders withdraw their profit or capital with local currency not in USD..
You can see how foolish the government and some people can be.
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 6:14pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
grin

You seem very unintelligent. Do not say this outside or amongst bright folks.

I am ashamed of you. You always sound juvenile anyway, so I am not surprised.

5 Likes

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Omoawoke: 6:16pm On Feb 21
nlfpmod:

Cryptonian

I’ve been waiting for this ban on P2P

I have small change there, I don’t mind losing it for the sake of our dear economy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by betshopagent(m): 6:20pm On Feb 21
justmi1:
In my own opinion; crypto is one of our problems I Nigeria. We trade coins and all online without actually creating value, product or services. So if we all trade who will grow the food and provide essential services abi na crypto we go chop hence our naira has no value. The real people working and have no idea of crypto are suffering while someone behind a system os cashing out by just clicking. Educate me if I'm wrong.
you are a comedian bro. The first money I invested in crypto was when I was still working 6am-6pm job . Na serious money dem dey invest into Crpto. Dem no dey pick am for road unless the ones whom are yahoo boys. forget the life style you see from den now.
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by hooklover: 6:20pm On Feb 21
Okpokpo09:
Please help me hunger wan finish my family. I’m from Oyo state any kind of food will be accepted, we’re dying of hunger our manhood no longer standing. Help help help ooooo

Y not sell tgr andrid phone u use to tyoe dis buy beabs abd fry akara to nake money. U even get money to buy data ciming to beg folks . Be serious with ur life go and carry block ababdon online 4 now...u can have famiky abd reky on begging to syrvive
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Killermamba: 6:21pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
grin

I made a lot of money on trading crypto, since tinubu spoil naira I have been making side money of 10-15k everyday from trading crypto. Mind you that is my target the guy that thought me makes close to a million daily

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by vickydevoka(m): 6:22pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
grin

Exactly. Buh y don't u learn it n understand the difference between BTC n USDT
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by highoctane: 6:27pm On Feb 21
nlfpmod:

Cryptonian
You re crying wolf
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Badadvisor: 6:31pm On Feb 21
Okpokpo09:
Please help me hunger wan finish my family. I’m from Oyo state any kind of food will be accepted, we’re dying of hunger our manhood no longer standing. Help help help ooooo
Ena don vote with tribalism finish ena no dey allow us rest online with hunger pleas everytime
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by theamazonguru(m): 6:32pm On Feb 21
donkach:
Some of my money has been frozen. Suspicion on crypto related transaction
Haaaa.

This is seriously serious.
Which bank is this.
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Osanoghodua1: 6:33pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
grin

Lols! I won't say much just to tell you sth that happened yesterday.

Someone in our group made N122M from Starknet Airdrop hr may have just used $100-500$ to perform some tasks
Just check the trading link :https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/starknet
You can find their twitter link and other social media handles there, read up, don't just speak against what you don't know.

I got 600+ DYM for staking TIA and I got 300+ Tia for staking ATOM.

Friend, I have been spray buying electronics and food stuffs.
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by imagrg(m): 6:34pm On Feb 21
The government is not creating an enabling environment for the youth hence the crypto hustle.
Let them breathe.
justmi1:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Naira Crashes Even Further To 300 Against Dollar / Best Method To Send Money Abroad (US)? / Ore Industrial Park Ondo Begins Full Operations (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.