Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,459 members, 7,830,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' (37880 Views)

Zugacoin: Nigerian Cryptocurrency To Be Used To Buy Innoson Vehicles, Others / Critical Electrum Vulnerability, Update Your Electrum Wallet NOW! / Ask All Your Cryptocurrency-related Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Osanoghodua1: 6:35pm On Feb 21
Opp, no need to move to non-custodial so fast especially ERC20 tokens that are on Mainet. Withdrawal charges are high, we will look for a way over it. Don't panic.

1 Like

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by imagrg(m): 6:36pm On Feb 21
What has crypto trade got to do with the falling economy?
The problem with Nigeria are Nigerians themselves.
Stem corruption and we are good to go!
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by toujurs: 6:42pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
grin

Do you people actually make money from this crypto true true?

I don't even take anyone into this crypto thing seriously, it's same as betnaija gambling to me and if not why is it only men that do the crypto thing and the very few women involved are tomboy?
yahoo boys source of income

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Globad(f): 6:44pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
grin

I don't even take anyone into this crypto thing seriously, it's same as betnaija gambling to me and if not why is it only men that do the crypto thing and the very few women involved are tomboy?

Don't mind them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by theamazonguru(m): 6:46pm On Feb 21
Fryx:

Luno is not a P2P exchange. They buy from you. You also buy from them if you are buying.
Correct

1 Like

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Naijjablog(m): 6:49pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
grin

lmao you're either not serious or mentally unstable person chop 3.9m just by staking $12 before December 28.... tell me what could be easier than that.
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Yvngex(m): 6:53pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
grin

Omo you are still very far if you are asking this question
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Bobbynobobby: 6:54pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
grin

Dey there dey debate

1 Like

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by KushLyon(m): 6:54pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
grin

I write for a web3 platform where I earn in cryptocurrency and the majority of people there are women 😕 very few women indeed

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by rolams(m): 6:56pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
grin

What you don't know is bigger and mightier than you. Crypto and gambling are not the same my dear.
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Yvngex(m): 6:57pm On Feb 21
MadamNoNetwork:
Most of y’all don’t know that crypto is actually being used by Yahoo boys to ‘pick’ funds from their clients.

Try dey improve 😂😂😂
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by eepeepook: 6:58pm On Feb 21
Yet people wonder why I’ll never take this place serious.
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Yvngex(m): 7:00pm On Feb 21
abbey622:
Shouldn't it be the other way around? Non custodial? Custodial and cold storage are complete opposites.....Olodo!

This shows that this is a complete false news
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Immanuel3(m): 7:02pm On Feb 21
NairalandForumo:
True, Tinubu might want to freeze all transactions with major crypto companies like Binance....

Joke
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Lifestone(m): 7:02pm On Feb 21
betshopagent:
google BLORD. At least na the one wey I know. There are others of coz. This one na from my state and I know him personally.
Maybe you should Google. What I saw was that he made his money from real estate

1 Like

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by kevoh(m): 7:04pm On Feb 21
The ignorance on this thread is nauseating. And no, Binance is not crypto. It's just the most fluid exchange.

Many were already doing P2P trading even before Binance became popular and widely adopted. Closing down Binance NG, if it's possible, does not change much. Crypto activities will still continue

The clueless FG should focus it's energy on the real issues.

3 Likes

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Elliotwaveforec: 7:04pm On Feb 21
Una never see anything! Ibtell Una say Bazooka dey come Una way last week, Una say nothing go happen.

We can't have two exchange rates in Nigeria; the earlier you know this, the better.

It's an economic war and the government will win!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Yvngex(m): 7:04pm On Feb 21
emperorlaqrin:

One of the mistakes I made is not investing in BTC when guys Dey buy for cafe back then. Anyway no time is too late but honestly guys Dey make money and guys don make money

My Bruh relax, you go still make better funds from crypto. Just pray for seed money and you see yourself booming. No give up

2 Likes

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by CuteNbad(m): 7:06pm On Feb 21
mrvitalis:
Oh please binance spot wallet is different from P2P wallet

They just gave power back to the few WhatsApp and telegram escrow group
how does those whatsapp escrows make money? i have always wondered how
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Albertone(m): 7:07pm On Feb 21
FuckHomophobes:

I am a web3 product beta tester.

I specialize in web3 based contract interaction, full Dapp beta testing, mainnet full system utilization and testing, full point system online functionality check ups.

I receive payment in tokens upon TGE.

Now that's what I do for a living. Beat that.

How did you learn to become this?
Is it same as testnet ?

Many invite testers promising it will be an incentivized testnet but you won't hear from the project again.
I just discovered web 3 so pardon my newbie self.

1 Like

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by LOVEGINO(m): 7:08pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
grin

d person wey block ur future no try at all. Compare d price of bitcoin between 2021 and 2024
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Elliotwaveforec: 7:09pm On Feb 21
lanre316:

They actually can. Don't underestimate the power of the government. They could
- ban binance website and app from opening in Nigeria, like they did Twitter some years. Forget using VPN, Binance will ban you straight.
- They could request KYC details of Binance users and go after them via BVN. Remember Binance has office in Abuja and they are willing to cooperate with the government.
-They could track the phone numbers used to operate OTP on binance and go after them via BVN.

etc etc.

Just pray that the government doesn't go full force against Binance users in Nigeria. Don't forget how the US government dealt seriously with the CEO of Binance
Leave them! They're underestimating the government.

1 Like

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by cjudy(m): 7:09pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
grin

They play
Later you will call them yahoo boys when you see them lavishing money.
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Elliotwaveforec: 7:10pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
But why is it that it's dominated by men with questionable characters? I've never seen any self acclaimed crypto man that's not having dada, smoke or take drugs.
How many men of God are into crypto? Why is it only dada boys?
80% of them are yahooboys and kidnappers!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Af0nja: 7:10pm On Feb 21
nlfpmod:

Cryptonian

stop the panic oga, how much u get??

All this people wey no even sabi how crypto works go come dey para for nothing.
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by planetx: 7:11pm On Feb 21
FuckHomophobes:

Non custodian Wallets are those wallets that you have their seed phrase. E g . Trust wallet, metamask etc

Custodian Wallets are wallets that's managed by a third party, like binance
So why is the op saying you should move your crypto to a custodial wallet, that makes no sense since your assets in a wallet you control is out of reach from a third party.
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Af0nja: 7:12pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
But why is it that it's dominated by men with questionable characters? I've never seen any self acclaimed crypto man that's not having dada, smoke or take drugs.
How many men of God are into crypto? Why is it only dada boys?

grin

How can u be this daft in this internet age Chai!!!! You think from the lowest part of your brain abi na from your penis head the thought dey come from
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by mrvitalis(m): 7:12pm On Feb 21
CuteNbad:
how does those whatsapp escrows make money? i have always wondered how
They don't
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Af0nja: 7:13pm On Feb 21
planetx:
So why is the op saying you should move your crypto to a custodial wallet, that makes no sense since your assets in a wallet you control is out of reach from a third party.

No mind the mumu op wey no sabi anything. I doubt he even has 0.000000000 btc. He dey cause panic for nothing
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by Splashme: 7:16pm On Feb 21
EreluRoz:
grin

See question na

Illiterate mumu-agbadorian.

You're laughable, I swear!
Re: 'If You Are In Nigeria, Move All Your Cryptocurrency To A Custodial Wallet Now' by heniford2: 7:22pm On Feb 21
ivolt:

Let us ignore the fact that Binance and all other foreign exchanges are not properly registered in Nigeria.

What is the total asset of Binance in Nigeria?
I mean, what can the government seize as Binance property here in Nigeria.
they need not come after ur asset when they sue u internationally you will understand better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Angry Alfa Burns Photos Of ‘Clients’ Of His Customers That Are Owing Him (Video) / Ecrestglobal E-currency Exchange Customer Support / Benneth Offor's Wake Keeping In Oraifite (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.