Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,842 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Phones Being Charged In Church (Photos) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Phones Being Charged In Church (Photos) (49429 Views)

Preacher Stabbed While Delivering Sermon In Sydney Church(photos) / Pastor Shaves A Lady, Removes Her Panties During Deliverance In Church (Photos) / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Phones Being Charged In Church (Photos) by Jewessgratitud3: 2:03pm On Feb 25
alobright17:
They claim God answers prayers yet they can't pray so there'll be steady power everywhere.they only use prayer to fire Satan and enemies.ndi ala

You don't use spiritual approach for physical matters. Epileptic power supply needs physical attention to resolve while the witches and wizards are spiritual therefore requires spiritual approach.

Please don't get it twisted.
Re: Phones Being Charged In Church (Photos) by Jewessgratitud3: 2:12pm On Feb 25
Negroid001:

Offering wey we drop na for nothing?

Just dey play grin

At least them don get value for their money 😂😂
Re: Phones Being Charged In Church (Photos) by dangoteinlaw: 2:13pm On Feb 25
TANID:
I Will Rather Charge Power Bank Than To Put My phone At Risk At public place
It is a considerable risk to charge your phone in public due to the amount of sensitive information that could be compromised; it is safer to charge a power bank instead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phones Being Charged In Church (Photos) by Jewessgratitud3: 2:13pm On Feb 25
dinkyicon:
that's a class not a church

Na for class Dem dey tie scarf abi? I hear you.
Re: Phones Being Charged In Church (Photos) by KanuSE: 2:16pm On Feb 25
Jewessgratitud3:

I'm telling you. The govt has really failed his people and inspite of all people still find a way around the tough and harsh living conditions in the country

You people have failed yourselves!
Re: Phones Being Charged In Church (Photos) by Wisedove(m): 2:17pm On Feb 25
There is nothing bad about it. They are part of the people that contributed for the Gen and the running of the generator through various offerings

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phones Being Charged In Church (Photos) by Jewessgratitud3: 2:17pm On Feb 25
KanuSE:

You people have failed yourselves!

No be your brother? Omooba99. Bikokwa.
Re: Phones Being Charged In Church (Photos) by Negroid001(m): 2:18pm On Feb 25
Jewessgratitud3:

At them don get value for their money 😂😂

Premium value. Last time my babe mom dragged me to Church, only positive thing that happened was that i charged my phone full. All the preaching and whatever added no value to my life. If no be shame, i for carry laptop join.
Re: Phones Being Charged In Church (Photos) by KanuSE: 2:19pm On Feb 25
Jewessgratitud3:

No be your brother? Omooba99. Bikokwa.

What would your brother have done differently?
Re: Phones Being Charged In Church (Photos) by Jewessgratitud3: 2:21pm On Feb 25
KanuSE:

What would your brother have done differently?

Ibeeré
Re: Phones Being Charged In Church (Photos) by dangoteinlaw: 2:22pm On Feb 25
Nawa4nl:
Why not

People no get electricity.

Yet the cocaine sniffing man dey give our electricity to Niger Republic
Perhaps the reason we were only receiving four hours of electricity per day was due to insufficient supply to Benin Republic. Now that we have restored power to them, we should prepare for the possibility of electricity blackouts because Tinubu may prioritize selling the electricity over maintaining a stable power supply for the country.

1 Like

Re: Phones Being Charged In Church (Photos) by Jewessgratitud3: 2:23pm On Feb 25
Negroid001:

Premium value. Last time my babe mom dragged me to Church, only positive thing that happened was that i charged my phone full. All the preaching and whatever added no value to my life. If no be shame, i for carry laptop join.

See your life? No o you for kukuma carry your fridge go plug make your water cold. Awoof 😂😂
Re: Phones Being Charged In Church (Photos) by KanuSE: 2:24pm On Feb 25
Mandate1:
the alternative which is fuel is damn expensive. Tinubu no try at all.

When are you all going to start taking responsibility for your actions, when will you all stop voting thieves into public offices?
Re: Phones Being Charged In Church (Photos) by KanuSE: 2:25pm On Feb 25
Jewessgratitud3:

Ibeeré

There you go! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phones Being Charged In Church (Photos) by Negroid001(m): 2:27pm On Feb 25
Jewessgratitud3:

See your life? No o you for kukuma carry your fridge go plug make your water cold. Awoof 😂😂

😂😂
Call it making use of opportunity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phones Being Charged In Church (Photos) by tunjijones(m): 2:34pm On Feb 25
Jewessgratitud3:

This is for those who can't live without pressing their phones for one day. They'll look for electricity anywhere to charge their devices. they can even go to babalawo shrine.

Naija. They will always survive any situation.

What of people that their work depends on phone. Making calls, sending SMS, sending emails etc?

What of people that their bank app is on their phone and needs to do regular banking on the move? What about people that are expecting a call that wld change their life? What abt someone that is about to travel?

There a lot to do with phones than jumping from one social media app to the other...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phones Being Charged In Church (Photos) by soccerlite: 2:38pm On Feb 25
yahoodetector:
Thank God for Alex Otti's initiative to provide power independently for Aba.

Which means nothing like this would be happening.

A great thinker he is. A servant must follow the steps of his master just as he is doing with Peter Obi.

Imagine that the mandate was not grabbed, snatched and ran away with and PO was President...Nigeria would have been feeling the positive effect by now.

But here we are today with the country up in economical flames.

Lolzzzzz 🤣

Otti - servant obi - master

You folks Sha
Re: Phones Being Charged In Church (Photos) by Jewessgratitud3: 2:38pm On Feb 25
tunjijones:

What of people that their work depends on phone. Making calls, sending SMS, sending emails etc?

What of people that their bank app is on their phone and needs to do regular banking on the move? What about people that are expecting a call that wld change their life? What abt someone that is about to travel?

There a lot to do with phones than jumping from one social media app to the other...

You dey mind am? tongue
Re: Phones Being Charged In Church (Photos) by Laredojohn(m): 2:39pm On Feb 25
My church has a charging booth which is official and free,you submit your phone if interested before service, get a tag , then pick up after service.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phones Being Charged In Church (Photos) by Jewessgratitud3: 2:42pm On Feb 25
Laredojohn:
My church has a charging booth which is official and free,you submit your phone if interested before service, get a tag , then pick up after service.

Better. That one is more organized. That way your phone is safe and secured.
Re: Phones Being Charged In Church (Photos) by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:48pm On Feb 25
In the USA, UK and other western countries, Church serve them coffee and tea as pastor is doing out sermons. Here in Nigeria, Church serve them electricity to charge their phones as pastor is doing out sermons. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phones Being Charged In Church (Photos) by femi4: 2:55pm On Feb 25
Jennyclay:
Too risky undecided.

People are really trying. I can’t even charge my phone in a public place like this undecided
That's because you have plan B. Most of them don't have generator or power bank and probably have not seen light for weeks.

Church remains the escape route for charging and probably get water
Re: Phones Being Charged In Church (Photos) by richie240: 3:04pm On Feb 25
Their minds nor fit ever dey the sermon.
Every five-five seconds they be glancing towards the direction of their phones!
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phones Being Charged In Church (Photos) by Jewessgratitud3: 3:09pm On Feb 25
richie240:
Their minds nor fit ever dey the sermon.
Every five-five seconds they be glancing towards the direction of their phones!
cool
Them tell you say na sermon Dem come hear before? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Phones Being Charged In Church (Photos) by matify83: 3:16pm On Feb 25
nairalanda1:

The basic reason why we don't have power is simple...we don't let the power sector charge cost reflective tarrifs. That has been the problem even before privatisation and after privatisation

That means that the sector loses money every year, and does not have the money to make the important fixes needed to improve things.

AM sure you will say I am defending government...to which I respond...if you were doing a job, for say N500000 monthly, and employer is paying you N20000 instead, would you be happy? Would you have the financial capability to do the job well?

Our power sector suffers from not being allowed to charge a cost reflective tarrif, from people refusing to pay for the power they use (including our President, who then beat down the cost...when informed..smh), from sabotage for nefarious means, and from a subsidy that does not pay for the losses incurred in charging for power at a loss.

Ghana and Ivory coast...charge somehwere around 186.71 naira per kwh of power. Nigeria charges 50-71 naira per kwh. The Ghanaians and Ivoriens have power 24/7 because the sector has the money needed to pay for improvements needed. Ivory coast in particular privatised their sector since 1993, and since then has had power permanently. IN Nigeria, we put in price controls, force discos to charge at a loss, and blame them for 'bad management' when they fail to give us light.

I stopped blaming government in 2013 when I woke up. Sure it is still partly their fault...they don't go after power theft, they even engage in power theft, and they don't let the sector charge cost reflective tarrifs. But many of us do the same. Steal power, loot power, and then blame the sector when it cannot meet up because no money. Like the father who gives his child one slice of bread per day as food, and then blames him for being lazy to come last in his exams...when una no feed am well.

Make we and government face facts., abeg.

Can i fault the points you have raised and solutions you have adduced?
Not at all!

My one and continuous grouse with the DISCOS has always been their inability or outright refusal to meter consumers.

I want to know what i consume monthly so i can plan my power budget. A situation where you are given estimated billing just by the size of your house or other amorphous yardstick does the customer no good.

The DISCOS in my view are the bane to improvement in the power chain and until punitive measures are put in place when they refuse to uptake power from TCN or replace damaged transformers or meter consumers , we will continue to grope in darkness and pay for it.

I remembered that customers were even asked onetime not to pay for power if they were not metered after a certain period but that did not come to fruition.
Re: Phones Being Charged In Church (Photos) by Dpleaser: 3:20pm On Feb 25
Keep complaining and don't do your own part.
What does the people that constantly give negative remark about his country, course both the leader and the country itself expect from the country.
Let's even think, the courses that we've coursed since we were growing has not change the situation better, why not try prayer.

Even as an act of joke or play, rather pray than course and let's see what happens.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying go to church or mosque for certain days of prayer for the country, that one na fraud o.

matify83:
The end is come!

But can we blame them?
Hell no.

The government has shirked its responsibility in providing a basic necessity - power.

People now avail themselves of every opportunity to charge phones, rechargeable lamps etc in public places like schools, hospitals and now churches.

Only If this will bring them to Christ!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anambra Government Marks Odumeje's Church For Demolition (Photos) / Adeboye's Condolence Visit To Elisha Olawale / Pastor Ibiyeomie: Ladies Shouldn’t See Their Fiancé’s Manhood Before Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.