Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,435 members, 7,812,296 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. (2748 Views)

Help, I Need My Ex Girlfriend Back. / Why Akwa Ibom Guys Don't Like Assisting Their Wives In The Kitchen (Pic) / Bbnaija: I Need My Girlfriend Back – Tacha’s Boyfriend Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by thedarkened: 4:35am On Feb 23
Just yesterday night, i picked my phone to call someone, but it was not connecting due to poor network , so i decided to stroll down the street perhaps the network would be better.

As I was going, i was trying the number. However, i noticed two figure standing beside the road, one appeared smaller than the other; it was around 9 pm. Well, since i had no issue with anyone, i kept on going while trying to connect with the person i had in mind.

When i got to the spot where they were, the person called out to me; 'Brother'. At first i was startled, but i waited to hear her out; it was a young lady and a child, and if i guessed right, she should be around 22 or 23 years of age, while the young girl, whom i later got to know was her daughter would be around 3-4 years.

In her words when i finally waited, " Brother, please help me with any amount, this girl is going to school tomorrow, i need money to prepare breakfast for her".

I had just 500 Naira on me; as i planned to used 100 naira to get another network airtime due to bad network, while i keep the remaining 400 Naira for my transport to work the following day; it has been budgeted for grin. I told her what i had and she said she wouldn't mind, so gave it to her without thinking twice.

She thanked me and i continue searching for network down the road; i left her there with her daughter. Meanwhile, while strolling back, just a minute or two minutes apart, she was still there.

When she saw me, she thanked me once again, and her little daughter also joined her in repeating what her mum said.

I deduced she is a single mother battling with the scorching economy condition. I looked back when i was close to my house as it's not too far from where she's standing and i saw a man standing where i was some minutes ago, and i was happy another person was willing to help her. However, he was giving her a phone, as i could see them, and all i could think of is how some might want to take advantage of her situation to sleep with her. But it's well, we all get rewarded for what we do.

Let's do the Little we can for people around us,nothing is too small.

Although I'm someone that gives when i have , but i was more motivated by the kind gesture of two nairalanders who gave out their resources a few days ago, to assist the vulnerables; they are good examples to imitate.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by YOUNGELDER1(m): 5:18am On Feb 23
Good man God bless.

The country is hard now
All thanks to Tinubu & APC

Did something similar some days back.
Was conversing with a friend on WhatsApp and in between our chat she reluctantly asked for handout.
Said she and her daughter haven’t had anything since morning and she’s shaking while conversing due to hunger.

Didn’t hesitate to give her all i had at that moment.

5 Likes

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by Hezzyluv: 6:04am On Feb 23
You did well and I know you will get help in times of need.

My only problem is that, some take this present economy hardship to use it for fullscale begging. Na only me know the numbers of beggars I come across daily.

Nonetheless, no matter how little sha, just try and assist someone as that little kindness alone could remove depression from that person's mind.

7 Likes

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by falcon01: 6:46am On Feb 23
The last time I assisted someone in need I regret it.
I just made some withdrawals from the bank and this guy came and ask for 2k I removed 2k from the stack of naira notes i just withdraw and gave it to him, this lowlife came back around 2 am with 3 guys and robbed and stabbed me all because of 300k I withdraw. I am alive because the stab didn't touch anything deadly. Not that im a cheerful giver from that day if you like beg me from morning till night I'll give you proof that I am suicidal because of how broke I am, you'll never see me with more than 5k

8 Likes

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by CarlosTheJackal: 6:49am On Feb 23
Those are corporate beggars, you will still see them in another area with another funny story

7 Likes

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by ZaRuleOfLaw: 7:15am On Feb 23
falcon01:
I just made some withdrawals from the bank and this guy came and ask for 2k I removed 2k from the stack of naira notes i just withdraw and gave it to him, this lowlife came back around 2 am with 3 guys and robbed and stabbed me all because of 300k I withdraw.

Did he follow you home?

1 Like

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by Freelancerr(m): 7:37am On Feb 23
grin
Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by Cassandraloius: 8:20am On Feb 23
That's kind of you sir. Thanks for helping her.

1 Like

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by JasonNOTStatham: 9:18am On Feb 23
And I was thinking the story end with the woman disappearing or turn into spirit sef, tongue

5 Likes

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by kpakpakpa(m): 9:28am On Feb 23
a
Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by Sirhush(m): 9:46am On Feb 23
Ladies need to wise up too, or how long are you going to keep begging.

And mind you before you open your leg for any man make sure dey have what dey are doing that give them money. As we all see the country is getting harder everyday

1 Like

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by pansophist(m): 9:47am On Feb 23
Help people, but don't operate under the mindset that because someone is in need, then they are angels.

Realize that first of all, both the helper and the one in need are human, and humans are selfish, manipulative, users, and narcissists.

Make sure you are not caught up in a situation where the person you are trying to help is manipulating you, playing on your intelligence, relating with you from a position of deceit, and seeing you as a ladder to use, and dump.

Also, many people need help as a result of their fault. Always try to know why they are in those circumstances. You can't marry three wives, for example, have 12 children, and come to me for help. You need a slap, not help. grin

So be guided. Lots of people that need help are just users.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by pansophist(m): 9:53am On Feb 23
I remember a few years back when I was going to ShopRite, I saw a lady looking like in her early forties, crying on the street in VI, I was touched and asked her what the problem was.

Then she narrated that she came from Ogun for a job promise and was disappointed, now she can't go back home. I asked her how much would take her home, she said 3k. I said okay, follow me.

We stopped at the nearest ATM, then I withdrew 10k and asked her to take it directly from the machine, then we parted ways. As I was returning from ShopRite, I used a different route home.

And behold, I saw the same woman sitting at the corner, and crying, asking for help again. I weak. I felt so bad. Like really? this is a trick now? I am trying to help, but you insulted my intelligence.

I made sure she saw me, looked at her in the eyes, didn't say a word, and left. This is just one example of how you are punished for doing good. I have experienced similar.

For example, I have people who have been asking me for money over twenty years ago, and the reason why they stopped asking was because I stopped giving. People like this don't see help as a temporary thing but of permanence.

A lot of people are actually scum, shitty, and just acutely underdeveloped. So take note.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by Karleb(m): 10:15am On Feb 23
One thing you should ask yourself is, what is a 23yr old doing with a child she can't cater for?

The child is 3 right, why was she having unprotected sex as a jobless 20yr old.

This questions might seem insensitive but they are valid. I mean, I could be in same situation or worse if I hadn't taken measures to live my life certain way, so why would you, who have denied yourself certain pleasures give out to someone who couldn't delay some gratifications?

When you think about the amount of sex and orgasm involved in making a child, you'd realize that you don't owe anyone an iota of pity for having a child.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by Tonystory: 10:46am On Feb 23
thedarkened:
Just yesterday night, i picked my phone to call someone, but it was not connecting due to poor network , so i decided to stroll down the street perhaps the network would be better.

As I was going, i was trying the number. However, i noticed two figure standing beside the road, one appeared smaller than the other; it was around 9 pm. Well, since i had no issue with anyone, i kept on going while trying to connect with the person i had in mind.

When i got to the spot where they were, the person called out to me; 'Brother'. At first i was startled, but i waited to hear her out; it was a young lady and a child, and if i guessed right, she should be around 22 or 23 years of age, while the young girl, whom i later got to know was her daughter would be around 3-4 years.

In her words when i finally waited, " Brother, please help me with any amount, this girl is going to school tomorrow, i need money to prepare breakfast for her".

I had just 500 Naira on me; as i planned to used 100 naira to get another network airtime due to bad network, while i keep the remaining 400 Naira for my transport to work the following day; it has been budgeted for grin. I told her what i had and she said she wouldn't mind, so gave it to her without thinking twice.

She thanked me and i continue searching for network down the road; i left her there with her daughter. Meanwhile, while strolling back, just a minute or two minutes apart, she was still there.

When she saw me, she thanked me once again, and her little daughter also joined her in repeating what her mum said.

I deduced she is a single mother battling with the scorching economy condition. I looked back when i was close to my house as it's not too far from where she's standing and i saw a man standing where i was some minutes ago, and i was happy another person was willing to help her. However, he was giving her a phone, as i could see them, and all i could think of is how some might want to take advantage of her situation to sleep with her. But it's well, we all get rewarded for what we do.

Let's do the Little we can for people around us,nothing is too small.

Although I'm someone that gives when i have , but i was more motivated by the kind gesture of two nairalanders who gave out their resources a few days ago, to assist the vulnerables; they are good examples to imitate.

You have received your reward already since you have announced to us. Do little you have for people without announcing , seeing you or the favor as big deal and also without expecting anything in return.
Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by Tonystory: 10:49am On Feb 23
Karleb:
One thing you should ask yourself is, what is a 23yr old doing with a child she can't cater for?

The child is 3 right, why was she having unprotected sex as a jobless 20yr old.

This questions might seem insensitive but they are valid. I mean, I could be in same situation or worse if I hadn't taken measures to live my life certain way, so why would you, who have denied yourself certain pleasures give out to someone who couldn't delay some gratifications?

When you think about the amount of sex and orgasm involved in making a child, you'd realize that you don't owe anyone an iota of pity for having a child.

You think you’re being wise and that’s why you’re not facing some problems others are facing? You have to think more deeply and matured. The measures you are taking is relevant to helping your life but Life happens

3 Likes

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:01am On Feb 23
falcon01:
I just made some withdrawals from the bank and this guy came and ask for 2k I removed 2k from the stack of naira notes i just withdraw and gave it to him, this lowlife came back around 2 am with 3 guys and robbed and stabbed me all because of 300k I withdraw. I am alive because the stab didn't touch anything deadly. Not that im a cheerful giver from that day if you like beg me from morning till night I'll give you proof that I am suicidal because of how broke I am, you'll never see me with more than 5k

This is so bad though. Some people are Ungrateful and wicked.

1 Like

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:06am On Feb 23
pansophist:
I remember a few years back when I was going to ShopRite, I saw a lady looking like in her early forties, crying on the street in VI, I was touched and asked her what the problem was.

Then she narrated that she came from Ogun for a job promise and was disappointed, now she can't go back home. I asked her how much would take her home, she said 3k. I said okay, follow me.

We stopped at the nearest ATM, then I withdrew 10k and asked her to take it directly from the machine, then we parted ways. As I was returning from ShopRite, I used a different route home.

And behold, I saw the same woman sitting at the corner, and crying, asking for help again. I weak. I felt so bad. Like really? this is a trick now? I am trying to help, but you insulted my intelligence.

I made sure she saw me, looked at her in the eyes, didn't say a word, and left. This is just one example of how you are punished for doing good. I have experienced similar.

For example, I have people who have been asking me for money over twenty years ago, and the reason why they stopped asking was because I stopped giving. People like this don't see help as a temporary thing but of permanence.

A lot of people are actually scum, shitty, and just acutely underdeveloped. So take note.

Some are just professional beggars with no iota of shame. Just imagine.

3 Likes

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by thedarkened: 11:07am On Feb 23
Tonystory:

You have received your reward already since you have announced to us. Do little you have for people without announcing , seeing you or the favor as big deal and also without expecting anything in return.

If i have been rewarded already just by letting you know, without showing you picture/video of the person i helped, but just to motivate another person to follow same path, then I'm fulfilled.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by Dyfynezz12(m): 12:22pm On Feb 23
I know they have been a lot of beggars on Nigerian streets but it seems they have increased since this present government entered.

2 Likes

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by Karleb(m): 12:33pm On Feb 23
Tonystory:

You think you’re being wise and that’s why you’re not facing some problems others are facing? You have to think more deeply and matured. The measures you are taking is relevant to helping your life but Life happens

Please stop all these life happens shit.

I have been in some terrible mess in my life because of my own action and inactions and I take responsibility for that. I don't push the responsibilities on others.

I understand there are cases where it's just life happening but most times people suffer because of their own undoing.

I can't leave my own problems to help others who can't even admit the messed up.

Abeg abeg! We are all adults.

3 Likes

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by Nyascobar1414: 12:43pm On Feb 23
YOUNGELDER1:
Good man God bless.

The country is hard now

Was conversing with a friend on WhatsApp and in between our chat she reluctantly asked for handout.
Said she and her daughter haven’t had anything since morning and she’s shaking while conversing due to hunger.

if it was a man,you all will never help,you all will tell him to go and hustle..

Man/vvoman is an enemy to man

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by Tonystory: 1:31pm On Feb 23
Karleb:

Please stop all these life happens shit.

I have been in some terrible mess in my life because of my own action and inactions and I take responsibility for that. I don't push the responsibilities on others.

I understand there are cases where it's just life happening but most times people suffer because of their own undoing.

I can't leave my own problems to help others who can't even admit the messed up.

Abeg abeg! We are all adults.

When people ask you for help, it’s your own decision to help or not, they are not imposing their problem or responsibilities on you. Also you don’t have to discourage people from helping others, everyone’s life is different.

5 Likes

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by ravensckar(m): 2:07pm On Feb 23
While it's noble to help the needy, one must never allow another person guilt-trip, arm twist or emotionally blackmail you into helping.

About 3 days ago, I was sitting in a bus close to this pretty lady. The moment she initiated conversation with me, I knew she was up to something. Me I kukuma dey enjoy her gist and until she begged me for transport. I just smiled and told her that I have nothing extra on me. Almost immediately her countenance changed, till we got to the final destination, Hanty didn't utter one word. cheesy cheesy

Yeye!

12 Likes

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by YOUNGELDER1(m): 2:20pm On Feb 23
Nyascobar1414:

if it was a man,you all will never help,you all will tell him to go and hustle..

Man/vvoman is an enemy to man

I am not you.

I help my male friends more than i do females.

2 Likes

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by thedarkened: 2:35pm On Feb 23
YOUNGELDER1:
Good man God bless.

The country is hard now

Nice one!

1 Like

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by Gboom: 2:39pm On Feb 23
I remembered a neighbor whom husband left her with a kid like 17 years ago and things became tough for her, and she started begging my friend for assistance but when my friend started giving her excuses, she tried to seduce him. Later, my friend moved to PH and she decided to shift attention to me around 2007, I put 5000 in an envelope and gave her. I advised her and told her to look for her husband relatives for reconciliation and she should never ask me again for further assistance. Last year, I saw her crossing the road around Bolade Oshodi while I was waiting for traffic light to drive through, I called her but she denied ever seen me before

8 Likes

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by thedarkened: 2:50pm On Feb 23
falcon01:

Hmmm this a painful experience, sorry about that. While rendering assistance, once should be watchful; that's the lesson i picked from this experience. Indeed some experience can change one's Outlook and view about matters.

But i still believe that part of you to help others has not completely gone sir cheesy

1 Like

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by Emmabyte: 2:56pm On Feb 23
The only help we can give out now is to stand up and tell Tinubu to go

1 Like

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by Obierika(m): 3:47pm On Feb 23
falcon01:

Are you saying that they followed you to your house from the ATM stand? sad
Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by PastorOlokonla: 3:49pm On Feb 23
Those are professional beggers who take advantage of others.

I only assist two classes of people.

1. Those born with disabilities and unable to function and make money.

2. Those who have something going on for them and suffer temporary setbacks and needed help to get back to their feet.

I don't help professional beggers, they should look up to their government for help or help vote in the right candidate in the next election cycle.

2 Likes

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by Obierika(m): 3:50pm On Feb 23
Gboom:
I remembered a neighbor whom husband left her with a kid like 17 years ago and things became tough for her, and she started begging my friend for assistance but when my friend started giving her excuses, she tried to seduce him. Later, my friend moved to PH and she decided to shift attention to me around 2007, I put 5000 in an envelope and gave her. I advised her and told her to look for her husband relatives for reconciliation and she should never ask me again for further assistance. Last year, I saw her crossing the road around Bolade Oshodi while I was waiting for traffic light to drive through, I called her but she denied ever seen me before

Did you remind her of where you both met before?

It's possible that you have changed physically, 17 years is a long time

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This Relationship Really Over? / Show Some Love . . . / Corpers’ Lodge: How I Married Debbie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.