Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,106 members, 7,828,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. (2770 Views)

Help, I Need My Ex Girlfriend Back. / Why Akwa Ibom Guys Don't Like Assisting Their Wives In The Kitchen (Pic) / Bbnaija: I Need My Girlfriend Back – Tacha’s Boyfriend Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by techgen(m): 4:14pm On Feb 23
Shit happens in life…if you’re opportuned to give help…do it without blinking, nature have a way of rewarding you back regardless.

From my experience, anyone can be in a position of need at any time…whether rich or poor, just one incident can make you poor and boom, you might need temporary help to survive.

I remember when I was kidnapped and rob by one chance bus in onitsha/Awka road, around 10pm….I was strip of virtually everything at that moment.

It was a bike that saw me, when I came out of the bush that they threw me in and took me to onitsha head bridge for free … surprisingly after narrating my story to people around…it was a one leg man with crutches, that took it upon himself to see to it that, I am comfortable by buying me food, drink and gave me somewhere to sleep.

I just looked at the sky and say God, …good truly never get lost!!!

2 Likes

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by SIXFEETUNDER: 8:17pm On Feb 23
falcon01:
The last time I assisted someone in need I regret it.
I just made some withdrawals from the bank and this guy came and ask for 2k I removed 2k from the stack of naira notes i just withdraw and gave it to him, this lowlife came back around 2 am with 3 guys and robbed and stabbed me all because of 300k I withdraw. I am alive because the stab didn't touch anything deadly. Not that im a cheerful giver from that day if you like beg me from morning till night I'll give you proof that I am suicidal because of how broke I am, you'll never see me with more than 5k

Proof or Idonbelieveit
Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by SIXFEETUNDER: 8:22pm On Feb 23
Most of the people I've helped are millionaires now but look at me now a forking homeless autistic bum

I just wish I could kms

1 Like

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by BlackyOne: 9:30pm On Feb 23
pansophist:
I remember a few years back when I was going to ShopRite, I saw a lady looking like in her early forties, crying on the street in VI, I was touched and asked her what the problem was.

Then she narrated that she came from Ogun for a job promise and was disappointed, now she can't go back home. I asked her how much would take her home, she said 3k. I said okay, follow me.

We stopped at the nearest ATM, then I withdrew 10k and asked her to take it directly from the machine, then we parted ways. As I was returning from ShopRite, I used a different route home.

And behold, I saw the same woman sitting at the corner, and crying, asking for help again. I weak. I felt so bad. Like really? this is a trick now? I am trying to help, but you insulted my intelligence.

I made sure she saw me, looked at her in the eyes, didn't say a word, and left. This is just one example of how you are punished for doing good. I have experienced similar.

For example, I have people who have been asking me for money over twenty years ago, and the reason why they stopped asking was because I stopped giving. People like this don't see help as a temporary thing but of permanence.

A lot of people are actually scum, shitty, and just acutely underdeveloped. So take note.

I have experienced this too, and now I find it difficult to give monetary gift to people who are healthy and whole!

1 Like

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by pansophist(m): 9:35pm On Feb 23
BlackyOne:

I have experienced this too, and now I find it difficult to give monetary gift to people who are healthy and whole!

What was your experience like? Can you narrate it?

1 Like

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by austine4real(m): 9:38pm On Feb 23
Please who can assist me with used or brand New laptop?
Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by Nemesis0147(m): 9:43pm On Feb 23
pansophist:

What was your experience like? Can you narrate it?
I met a woman in her forties too last two weeks on a Sunday…..she called me even though the place was a kind of crowded because it’s a popular pedestrian bridge here in Abj…
She said he hasn’t eaten anything since morning and it was almost 6pm already…..I asked her to follow me let me get her food and she did….when we got there….she said she would prefer cooking because her children were at home and have not eaten too…

I took her to where we could get food stuffs and when we got there….she said she preferred cash,I told her I didn’t have cash on me and she told me to use the POS……I just hissed and left her,,,she called but I didn’t answer.

4 Likes

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by pansophist(m): 9:54pm On Feb 23
Nemesis0147:
I met a woman in her forties too last two weeks on a Sunday…..she called me even though the place was a kind of crowded because it’s a popular pedestrian bridge here in Abj…
She said he hasn’t eaten anything since morning and it was almost 6pm already…..I asked her to follow me let me get her food and she did….when we got there….she said she would prefer cooking because her children were at home and have not eaten too…

I took her to where we could get food stuffs and when we got there….she said she preferred cash,I told her I didn’t have cash on me and she told me to use the POS……I just hissed and left her,,,she called but I didn’t answer.

Haha, she no know say you sef be street grin

I suspected that the lady was scamming me, but I have a motto of helping people if I can, and would trust you not because I am naive, but because I am giving you the benefit of the doubt.

7 Likes

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by Nemesis0147(m): 10:02pm On Feb 23
pansophist:

Haha, she no know say you sef be street grin

I suspected that the lady was scamming me, but I have a motto of helping people if I can, and would trust you not because I am naive, but because I am giving you the benefit of the doubt.

I genuinely wanted to help oh….if she told me she needed tfare or something….I would have given her cash..
No amount of cash that I would have given her that time would be better than the food stuffs I wanted to buy for her…..now wey food stuff cost..

1 Like

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by 1Sharon(f): 10:02pm On Feb 23
You assisted a corporate begger

2 Likes

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by fineberry(m): 10:37pm On Feb 23
falcon01:
I just made some withdrawals from the bank and this guy came and ask for 2k I removed 2k from the stack of naira notes i just withdraw and gave it to him, this lowlife came back around 2 am with 3 guys and robbed and stabbed me all because of 300k I withdraw. I am alive because the stab didn't touch anything deadly. Not that im a cheerful giver from that day if you like beg me from morning till night I'll give you proof that I am suicidal because of how broke I am, you'll never see me with more than 5k
He must have seen the starch of money with you, na you do the mistake na, since you have that kind of money with you, you would have been more careful....na God save you say them no kill you bcus of good wey you do.

1 Like

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by fineberry(m): 10:57pm On Feb 23
People call be stingy bou I don't care, most persons just want to use you,. Some persons just want to gain , take unecessary advantage of you.

But my mum haha grin na professional helper, she will always assist people and I will be like " some people don't deserve it malee" and she'll just laugh and say she knows some people are just not grateful afterall but she's giving because there's a God in heaven that sees and rewards every good that we do.

3 Likes

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by falcon01: 4:17am On Feb 24
Obierika:

Are you saying that they followed you to your house from the ATM stand? sad
which kind follow? I know the guy he was a mutual friend so he originally came looking for my friend then met me.

1 Like

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by falcon01: 4:22am On Feb 24
thedarkened:

Hmmm this a painful experience, sorry about that. While rendering assistance, once should be watchful; that's the lesson i picked from this experience. Indeed some experience can change one's Outlook and view about matters.

But i still believe that part of you to help others has not completely gone sir cheesy
I'm serious, its gone like even if I want to help it has to be like maybe you are in desperate need to pay school and like there's nonoption then I'll tell you that I'll borrow from someone and take up to 3 days then give you. You'll be convinced it's not mine and I have to have known you for so long. I still have PTSD I'm always thinking that I'll be attacked any moment but the feeling comes and goes

1 Like

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by falcon01: 4:27am On Feb 24
ZaRuleOfLaw:

Did he follow you home?
he is a guy I know because he comes to look for my guy sometimes. I know I bleeped up because my instinct told me that would happen but I just ignored it thinking I was been paranoid when it was happening I wasn't even shocked just disappointed I didn't do something about it beforehand because if i was prepared I would have dealt with them seriously or at least discouraged them by staying awake and making sounds but foolish me was just sleeping and woke in the middle of an attack. I actually fought back while dizzy because I think they spread some chemicals and the whole room had this strong acidic smell

1 Like

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by thedarkened: 4:51am On Feb 24
falcon01:
I'm serious, its gone like even if I want to help it has to be like maybe you are in desperate need to pay school and like there's nonoption then I'll tell you that I'll borrow from someone and take up to 3 days then give you. You'll be convinced it's not mine and I have to have known you for so long. I still have PTSD I'm always thinking that I'll be attacked any moment but the feeling comes and goes

I can only imagine how you feel, you are the one that had the experience; and truly, it's a painful one. As they usually say, "its the bad person that usually block way for the good ones". May the good we want to render not turn bad for us o.
Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by toujurs: 8:29am On Feb 24
pansophist:
Help people, but don't operate under the mindset that because someone is in need, then they are angels.

Realize that first of all, both the helper and the one in need are human, and humans are selfish, manipulative, users, and narcissists.

Make sure you are not caught up in a situation where the person you are trying to help is manipulating you, playing on your intelligence, relating with you from a position of deceit, and seeing you as a ladder to use, and dump.

Also, many people need help as a result of their fault. Always try to know why they are in those circumstances. You can't marry three wives, for example, have 12 children, and come to me for help. You need a slap, not help. grin

So be guided. Lots of people that need help are just users.
Too much wisdom. The deceit is too much. People tend to run, from the repercussion of their actions.

Take for instance this last election, what if that lady, was part of those screaming emi lo kan. It is our turn.

As for me, i don't help stranger's easily anymore. I rather help people i know easily.
Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by TheMaharajah: 9:05am On Feb 24
Guy I need help o. I am going to work this morning nothing to eat going, nothing to eat coming back till pay day which is on the 29th. Please if you can assist me. I am a legit hustling nigga but 25,000 per month hardly gets to the month end.
Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by dNortherner(m): 12:08pm On Feb 24
[quote author=thedarkened post=128599315]Just yesterday night, i picked my phone to call someone, but it was not connecting due to poor network , so i decided to stroll down the street perhaps the network would be better.

As I was going, i was trying the number. However, i noticed two figure standing beside the road, one appeared smaller than the other; it was around 9 pm. Well, since i had no issue with anyone, i kept on going while trying to connect with the person i had in mind.

When i got to the spot where they were, the person called out to me; 'Brother'. At first i was startled, but i waited to hear her out; it was a young lady and a child, and if i guessed right, she should be around 22 or 23 years of age, while the young girl, whom i later got to know was her daughter would be around 3-4 years.

In her words when i finally waited, " Brother, please help me with any amount, this girl is going to school tomorrow, i need money to prepare breakfast for her".

You did well, may you be rewarded.

1 Like

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by SyrusdeHansome(m): 12:41pm On Feb 24
On Tuesday i wanted taking ripe banana to one of my frnds being that i had already promised to give him because i have many stands of banana i planted some yrs back, and on my way to his shop i met one man i knew through watching football at the viewing centre. As we started conversing i got to know the man hasn`t eaten since on monday and he had no hope of eating that day as well, so i had to give him the whole banana i wanted taking to my frnd cos the guy i was abt giving is already blessed financially. Pple are really suffering this days.

1 Like

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by Badmashiii: 1:33pm On Feb 24
pansophist:
Help people, but don't operate under the mindset that because someone is in need, then they are angels.

Realize that first of all, both the helper and the one in need are human, and humans are selfish, manipulative, users, and narcissists.

Make sure you are not caught up in a situation where the person you are trying to help is manipulating you, playing on your intelligence, relating with you from a position of deceit, and seeing you as a ladder to use, and dump.

Also, many people need help as a result of their fault. Always try to know why they are in those circumstances. You can't marry three wives, for example, have 12 children, and come to me for help. You need a slap, not help. grin

So be guided. Lots of people that need help are just users.

Panso the biggest OG on nairaland! I know sey you no go disappoint.

Sha always beware of simps. Helping a simp is a total waste
Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by thedarkened: 2:37pm On Feb 24
[quote author=dNortherner post=128622121][/quote]

Amen
Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by luminouz(m): 4:51pm On Feb 24
I have been in some tight spots in life and people helped me. Complete strangers who didn't know me gave me help or I would have likely died. I have shared some of these stories on NL. My policy has always been to try to help people unless my gut instinct say otherwise because I have been burnt trying to help.

One funny thing I have noticed is the entitlement coming out of these people you wanna help. I remembered some years ago at UI when I left First Bank ATM and was going home. This rough looking dude came up to me and said he hadn't eaten in a day and asked for help. I had withdrawn 2k and I gave him 1k out of it. Dude told me 'why not add that 1k in your hand to it and kuku complete a good deed'. He saw my expression and walked away grumbling. I ran after that mudafucker and got my money back.

Second story... I have always been blessed with a good physique as a guy. Doesn't matter what I put on, it looked good on me, so people have a habit of thinking I'm a rich dude. I remembered going to the bank and seeing this woman with two babies in the banking hall, who came to meet me and asked for help. I told her I don't have much and if she would consider taking 5h from me. She retorted 'as you look like this, na only 5h dey your pocket. Anyway, I go manage am sha'. I walked off with saying shiit to her again.

But not all cases were like those two scenarios up there. During the COVID era, I was approached by a man in his late 40's. We both stayed in an estate. He told me he lost his job during COVID and things were so hard back home. He and his family (a wife and two girls) hadn't eaten properly in 3 days. Things got so bad he approached other men in the estate and they refused him. One of the men needed a nanny, and he told his eldest girl to help but things went south when she was almost raped by this man. Seeing that no one could help him, he approached me, a bachelor and asked for help. I was touched because he was literally trembling from hunger. I took him in and even though I was a lousy ass cook( I still am), I had some foodstuffs I didn't like, such as Noodles, Amala flour, Macaroni and stuffs like that. I gave them all to him. He came with his eldest daughter(around 19) and told me, if there was any cleaning I needed to do that she would do them for me and left thanking me profusely.

I didn't have much cleaning to do but I told her to wash my plates and sweep my floor. She was very uncomfortable around me, till I told her to relax that she was safe. So, once a week, she would come around, cook me soup, clean my house and take foodstuffs back home to her folks in the same estate. After a while, she relaxed around me and for like 6 months of the pandemic, I literally fed her whole family. After the curfew was lifted, her dad got a job and one day showed up at my house with a bag of rice and several stuffs and his daughter too. He thanked me profusely for helping his family.

He told me, that each time his daughter returns home, he always asks if I molested her but she would say no. He said he knew asking his daughter to help cook for me was risky but even if I had touched her, he wouldn't have done anything because without my help, they would have starved to death. He said he preferred me sleeping with his daughter(at least as a bachelor) than all the old goats in the estate. But seeing that I fed them for six months and I never touched his daughter, he now believes that not all men are controlled by their diicks. He was weeping while saying these things to me. I could only imagine what he had gone through as a man not to be able to provide for his family. I rejected all they brought and told him to use them to take care of his family. Till I left that estate, the whole family became like my birth family.

N.B: People can be selfish, rude, ungrateful and messy. My rule is study the situation, listen to your gut instinct and give what you can afford. You don't owe anyone anything but there is always this pleasure I get when I see someone smile after I help them. It's like sunshine through the foggy clouds. That kinda makes up for the other ungrateful little shiits you help who make you regret it.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by ZaRuleOfLaw: 4:59pm On Feb 24
falcon01:
he is a guy I know because he comes to look for my guy sometimes. I know I bleeped up because my instinct told me that would happen but I just ignored it thinking I was been paranoid when it was happening I wasn't even shocked just disappointed I didn't do something about it beforehand because if i was prepared I would have dealt with them seriously or at least discouraged them by staying awake and making sounds but foolish me was just sleeping and woke in the middle of an attack. I actually fought back while dizzy because I think they spread some chemicals and the whole room had this strong acidic smell

Thank God for your life. At least they spared it.
Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by Gentlesoul2021(m): 6:46pm On Feb 24
luminouz:
I have been in some tight spots in life and people helped me. Complete strangers who didn't know me gave me help or I would have likely died. I have shared some of these stories on NL. My policy has always been to try to help people unless my gut instinct say otherwise because I have been burnt trying to help.

One funny thing I have noticed is the entitlement coming out of these people you wanna help. I remembered some years ago at UI when I left First Bank ATM and was going home. This rough looking dude came up to me and said he hadn't eaten in a day and asked for help. I had withdrawn 2k and I gave him 1k out of it. Dude told me 'why not add that 1k in your hand to it and kuku complete a good deed'. He saw my expression and walked away grumbling. I ran after that mudafucker and got my money back.

Second story... I have always been blessed with a good physique as a guy. Doesn't matter what I put on, it looked good on me, so people have a habit of thinking I'm a rich dude. I remembered going to the bank and seeing this woman with two babies in the banking hall, who came to meet me and asked for help. I told her I don't have much and if she would consider taking 5h from me. She retorted 'as you look like this, na only 5h dey your pocket. Anyway, I go manage am sha'. I walked off with saying shiit to her again.

But not all cases were like those two scenarios up there. During the COVID era, I was approached by a man in his late 40's. We both stayed in an estate. He told me he lost his job during COVID and things were so hard back home. He and his family (a wife and two girls) hadn't eaten properly in 3 days. Things got so bad he approached other men in the estate and they refused him. One of the men needed a nanny, and he told his eldest girl to help but things went south when she was almost raped by this man. Seeing that no one could help him, he approached me, a bachelor and asked for help. I was touched because he was literally trembling from hunger. I took him in and even though I was a lousy ass cook( I still am), I had some foodstuffs I didn't like, such as Noodles, Amala flour, Macaroni and stuffs like that. I gave them all to him. He came with his eldest daughter(around 19) and told me, if there was any cleaning I needed to do that she would do them for me and left thanking me profusely.

I didn't have much cleaning to do but I told her to wash my plates and sweep my floor. She was very uncomfortable around me, till I told her to relax that she was safe. So, once a week, she would come around, cook me soup, clean my house and take foodstuffs back home to her folks in the same estate. After a while, she relaxed around me and for like 6 months of the pandemic, I literally fed her whole family. After the curfew was lifted, her dad got a job and one day showed up at my house with a bag of rice and several stuffs and his daughter too. He thanked me profusely for helping his family.

He told me, that each time his daughter returns home, he always asks if I molested her but she would say no. He said he knew asking his daughter to help cook for me was risky but even if I had touched her, he wouldn't have done anything because without my help, they would have starved to death. He said he preferred me sleeping with his daughter(at least as a bachelor) than all the old goats in the estate. But seeing that I fed them for six months and I never touched his daughter, he now believes that not all men are controlled by their diicks. He was weeping while saying these things to me. I could only imagine what he had gone through as a man not to be able to provide for his family. I rejected all they brought and told him to use them to take care of his family. Till I left that estate, the whole family became like my birth family.

N.B: People can be selfish, rude, ungrateful and messy. My rule is study the situation, listen to your gut instinct and give what you can afford. You don't owe anyone anything but there is always this pleasure I get when I see someone smile after I help them. It's like sunshine through the foggy clouds. That kinda makes up for the other ungrateful little shiits you help who make you regret it.

God bless you more for helping that family in your story. I literally read it and was moved to tears too. You can imagine seeing a grown man with family looking helpless, it's not a good feeling... I am a broken guy, and whenever I read stories of a broken grown up, it do give me goosebumps...

I'll always come to read this piece at all times.

2 Likes

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by yungevvy(m): 6:48pm On Feb 24
I'm a student, and I'm not exactly well to do financially. I recently helped a complete stranger with #300. I know it's not much, but it's something regardless, and it's not as if I even had much money on me that day.

Because he saw 500 and 1k in my wallet, he expected me to give them to him, him no even know say I don already budget all the money finish. He collected the money and left without the courtesy of a simple "thank you".

It's the entitlement mentality for me.

1 Like

Re: Assisting Someone In Need; My experience. by Chee59(f): 10:01pm On Feb 24
falcon01:
Sorry about that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Thinks Its A Joke!!!! / Relationship Talk: Ways Abusive Narcissists and Their Likes Get Inside Your Head / What A Woman Needs...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.