Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher (21912 Views)

I'm Planning On Moving To Gabon / Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada / Which Country Can I Relocate To With 6million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by Ologbon1: 4:15pm On Feb 26
[are you going by plane or by road, connect with me, I can teach you some french, I am now a french teacher here in Nigeria. The place is ok compare to Nigeria where goods and services just increase any how...you pay monthly rent, prepaid metre there for long,.... military govt has taken over there....let's chat will give you more info, light 24hrs....it is a police country, you need to have an identity card to be able to move around, but when I was there we you have to open your eyes when when on the road....more

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by anungangampu: 4:18pm On Feb 26
tiswell:
The Gambia will favour you more, especially as a teacher.

Teaching pays wella in Gambia

Supported.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by Parrot69: 4:20pm On Feb 26
WINDSOW:

Bros, you too mumu.
Na your younger brother you dey drag meat with Mr. International passport.
Ozuor!!!

Wah'a zagghaaaa
I'm not sure if you have seen an airport in your life talkless of entering plane.
Na people like use Agents dey use complete POF for their family abroad.
Born throaway!
Irredeemable fooòl
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by ahmedio: 4:21pm On Feb 26
I won’t advise anybody to go to Gabon. They have a saying there. Gabonese first. Even other French speaking people are seen as less to them.
The standard of living is very low in Gabon. A few Cameroonians that made friends with the previous government are among the few rich foreigners.
So, if you are going as an ordinary person, I will advise otherwise. But, if you’re able to make friends with the high and mighty there, then you can easily succeed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by henrixx(m): 4:23pm On Feb 26
mkbessman:
Please I’ve been thinking about this since last year. I teach here In Nigeria. I can’t afford to go to the western or Asian countries but I think I can be able to save to move to Gabon to atleast teach.

I’ve checked their minimum wage, unemployment rate and their exchange rate snd I think it’s better off than Nigeria. Please advise me. I’m still single and in my mid 30s.

Is it worth taking a try? I know no one there.

I am willing to take the risk to go look for a job there with what I’ve saved so far. I’m projecting 500k.

Please I honestly and sincerely need your advice
don't use exchange rate to determine how good the economy of a country is o. I've
been to several African countries and I can tell you things are quite expensive compared to nigeria . e.g a bottle water be costing like #1500 naira lol.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by cocoduck: 4:30pm On Feb 26
mkbessman:
Please I’ve been thinking about this since last year. I teach here In Nigeria. I can’t afford to go to the western or Asian countries but I think I can be able to save to move to Gabon to atleast teach.

I’ve checked their minimum wage, unemployment rate and their exchange rate snd I think it’s better off than Nigeria. Please advise me. I’m still single and in my mid 30s.

I am willing to take the risk to go look for a job there with what I’ve saved so far. I’m projecting 500k.

Nope! Don't, if you do, you will be taken advantage of. the minimum wage is for citizens or residents with carte de sejour and you are working for the government. The private schools run by Nigerians (that is where you will work because you do not have carte de sejour and you do not speak french) don't pay well, If I were you, I will buy a camera and film myself teaching, then upload it to youtube. With time YT will pay you. BTW 500k is way too small.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by cocoduck: 4:33pm On Feb 26
ahmedio:
I won’t advise anybody to go to Gabon. They have a saying there. Gabonese first. Even other French speaking people are seen as less to them.
The standard of living is very low in Gabon. A few Cameroonians that made friends with the previous government are among the few rich foreigners.
So, if you are going as an ordinary person, I will advise otherwise. But, if you’re able to make friends with the high and mighty there, then you can easily succeed.
Standard of living is not low in Gabon, though the Ali Bongos nearly made it so. But still I will not advise anyone to relocate to Gabon, if not coming to do business, then go immidiately he or she is done, and then come back later for another round.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by NovusHomo(m): 4:34pm On Feb 26
mkbessman:

I'm guessing you speak the French language.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by sepe151: 4:38pm On Feb 26
I dey teach for Cameroon and there payment is good,try your luck... contact me on +237675285377....
NovusHomo:

I'm guessing you speak the French language.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by Judolisco(m): 4:40pm On Feb 26
Marjoribanks:
Exchange rate is not a good judgement of a country's economy.

Nigeria is still the cheapest country to live in, in Sub Saharan Africa.

You won't appreciate Nigeria until you go to other African countries.

Use that money to start a business or go to school of nursing or masters and apply to teach in their Universities! It is better than going to any African country to teach secondary school students.
iswr people don't know dis
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by sepe151: 4:43pm On Feb 26
No I did not speak French,i teach in south West region of Cameroon,d payment is very good...

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by Idaytesj29(m): 4:47pm On Feb 26
jesmond3945:
dont bother about hostility. The problem with nigerians is that we go to other countries and cause problems for them. We dont like integrating with their culture and climate. Always try to scam or out do them.

Ultimately, we tell them their country is a no man's land cos we have spent 6 months there.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by Bolinjoe: 4:51pm On Feb 26
What did you study?
I'm a teacher who is in the western world.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by charlizonto: 4:53pm On Feb 26
Kingpele:
Chai Gabon of all places...for whatever reason don't go to Gabon..u will suffer...I have travelled to Europe and gambia and I know that exchange rate is not much factor....look at China yuan the currency exchange rate is way less than dollar but their economy is doing better than USA ...population is key...I have a guy who travelled to Gabon for so many years..we all thought he was doing great only for him to return last year with nothing much..no wife no children and he's older than me by 3years ..now he's learning a trade in ogbete main market enugu..make japa no carry us to where we will suffer more
Destiny is different my brother
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by Neddyogu(m): 4:53pm On Feb 26
Do u speak French?
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by AviatorMoney(m): 4:55pm On Feb 26
Marjoribanks:
Exchange rate is not a good judgement of a country's economy.

Nigeria is still the cheapest country to live in, in Sub Saharan Africa.

You won't appreciate Nigeria until you go to other African countries.

Use that money to start a business or go to school of nursing or masters and apply to teach in their Universities! It is better than going to any African country to teach secondary school students.
I beg to differ on this ur view. Nigeria is not d cheapest country in Sub-sahara u said.
It's not also d safest .....so,u talk about exchange ,how has ur poor exchange rate helped u dat is still in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by essentialone(m): 5:00pm On Feb 26
mkbessman:

I don’t want to do business in Nigeria. I just want to shift and change my environment. It helps in healing a lot of psychological problems. Everything is not business. I just want peace of mind and a happy life.

I not only like but love what you wrote here.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by Cchuks27(m): 5:11pm On Feb 26
Please go if you can. The good thing is, that there are always jobs for teachers and doctors/nurses no matter the state of the country/economy.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by Entanglement: 5:17pm On Feb 26
Kingpele:
Chai Gabon of all places...for whatever reason don't go to Gabon..u will suffer...I have travelled to Europe and gambia and I know that exchange rate is not much factor....look at China yuan the currency exchange rate is way less than dollar but their economy is doing better than USA ...population is key...I have a guy who travelled to Gabon for so many years..we all thought he was doing great only for him to return last year with nothing much..no wife no children and he's older than me by 3years ..now he's learning a trade in ogbete main market enugu..make japa no carry us to where we will suffer more
which china are you talking about undecided
Which china economy is doing better than USA, china that have been too! Have you stay long in China?
Please don't open your mouth to talk rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by Entanglement: 5:23pm On Feb 26
mkbessman:

let me tell you the truth! Nigeria is far far better than many of this Africa countries you know! Forget Their stupid currency you claim is better than Nigeria and overlooking their purchasing power! undecided
With their superior currency you will even find out that things are even cheaper here in Nigeria.

Back to your main point! Common sense would have told you to rather look for international countries like Switzerland Germany or the rest instead of traveling to another useless country undecided
Is like you are jumping from frypan to fire

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by Megabig: 5:24pm On Feb 26
mkbessman:

It’s a sane country, move if you can get a guaranteed job and a stay there, you speak English fluently so that a plus. Nigeria is not getting better in the next 8 years at least, may extend to 16 if they elect Shettima.

But with your education, I’ll advice you to look for something in Asia, Canada and America. You can get too
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by Difrent: 5:30pm On Feb 26
mkbessman:

Gabon has lots of Nigerians especially southerners living there and is an oil producing nation but like someone said up there so your research very well some of these countries especially non English speaking countries can be hostile to Nigerians .
Why not try SA or Kenya or Uganda that speaks english and are better than gabon
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by NFBI: 5:44pm On Feb 26
Difrent:

Gabon has lots of Nigerians especially southerners living there and is an oil producing nation but like someone said up there so your research very well some of these countries especially non English speaking countries can be hostile to Nigerians .
Why not try SA or Kenya or Uganda that speaks english and are better than gabon
You are advising someone to go to south Africa with what has been happening there on other African?
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by Difrent: 5:53pm On Feb 26
NFBI:
You are advising someone to go to south Africa with what has been happening there on other African?

Funny
Are there no longer foreigners there?
Just don't go there to hustle on the streets....that's where the competition with foreign nationals is..... This is a teacher, he will be teaching in schools
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by israelmao(m): 5:58pm On Feb 26
If you're smart enough I believe there's still what you can do with the amount you're about to spend on an adventure,everything may not be business but weigh your options very well and above all ask for divine direction.I pray you will not take a regrettable step.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by coputa(m): 6:21pm On Feb 26
tiswell:
The Gambia will favour you more, especially as a teacher.

Teaching pays wella in Gambia
Yes, the Gambia with their small population, needs labour.

You will meet many nigerians there doing different jobs and also their currency is higher than the naira

I worked as a teacher in the Gambia for two years 2002 to 2004

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by Empresa: 6:21pm On Feb 26
mkbessman:

The truth is You need to secure a job first before You movie. That way your employers can give You soft landing.

Be warned, these countries don't treat Foreigners the way we treat them in Nigeria. That's NOT saying they are all Bad, but the truth is You need a soft landing to begin with

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by coputa(m): 6:23pm On Feb 26
israelmao:
If you're smart enough I believe there's still what you can do with the amount you're about to spend on an adventure,everything may not be business but weigh your options very well and above all ask for divine direction.I pray you will not take a regrettable step.
life is an adventure and a risk

It is a risk for not taking a risk
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by israelmao(m): 6:26pm On Feb 26
coputa:
life is an adventure and a risk
It is a risk for not taking a risk
Some risks don't worth taking,as I have said seek God's guidance.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by kechywillz(m): 6:32pm On Feb 26
Gabon,I live there,you will teach in English schools owned by Nigerians,there salary doesn't exceed 50-80k,french will be your first priority, without it you can't communicate well,you pay house rent monthly,the least rent can vary from 20k cfa to 30kcfa,depending where you are staying, Libreville is the heart of Gabon and their are more opportunities unlike other places in the country,other places are quite expensive for rent,quote me to give u some details

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by being(m): 6:38pm On Feb 26
Why not Ghana?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Crashes: Air Peace Says No Plan To Cancel Order For 10 B737 MAX Aircraft / Dana Air-crash Memorial Arcade (Pictures) / Zero Visibility At Toll/7up Road, A Case For Serious Concern

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.