Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,928 members, 7,835,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher (22048 Views)

I'm Planning On Moving To Gabon / Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Dumped His High Paying Job To Relocate To Canada / Which Country Can I Relocate To With 6million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by Marjoribanks: 6:46pm On Feb 26
I said in Sub Saharan Africa, you dey use USA as an example. Are you dumb or plainly being stvpid?
wiseoneking:
This is a VERY big falsehood to say that Nigeria is still the cheapest country in Africa. That's trash! Cheapest country with the highest multi dimensional poor of any nation in the World? Forget about it.

Let me even go to the US where your type some times compare the gas or what we call fuel with that of Nigeria. Gas is sold btw $2.8 to $4 per liter in the US depending on the state, city, county or even coy while in Nigeria, it could go for like half a dollar. This prices on American is very affordable by Americans but Nigerians are groaning on 50 cent per litre.

A loaf of bread could be about 30- 50 cent in Nigeria and people are groaning, but America could be from $1.2 to $6 dollar depending on the type and the poorest of the poor can afford it without tears as in Nigeria. Your type will shout how America is more expensive not considering that the prizes in America are quite affordable and not like worthless naira. Tinubu was created to destroy Nigeria economy kpatakpata

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by Marjoribanks: 6:47pm On Feb 26
Which country is?
AviatorMoney:

I beg to differ on this ur view. Nigeria is not d cheapest country in Sub-sahara u said.
It's not also d safest .....so,u talk about exchange ,how has ur poor exchange rate helped u dat is still in Nigeria?
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by Marjoribanks: 6:48pm On Feb 26
Better than Nigeria in what regard?
NigerianAngelo:

Many African countries are better >> than Nigeria

Gabon, Congo (Brazaville) are two of them.

You will be shocked. (Only corporate jobs might be hard for you).
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by Marjoribanks: 6:54pm On Feb 26
This same Gabon of 2.5m people? How you wan make am there?
NigerianAngelo:

Many African countries are better >> than Nigeria

Gabon, Congo (Brazaville) are two of them.

You will be shocked. (Only corporate jobs might be hard for you).

1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by Marjoribanks: 7:00pm On Feb 26
Right now yes! Not before and not the future! This spate of issues will pass. Only a person with lack of foresight won't see the opportunities to invest in a country of 220 million people! Where else in africa can you get ROI like Nigeria! None!
tctrills:

Oga, I have lived and done business in 3 African countries now. Minus the quality of their food and the fact that my family is in Nigeria, there is nothing to miss about Nigeria.
Right now Nigeria is hell compared to most places in Africa.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by Tempulated(m): 7:11pm On Feb 26
jesmond3945:
dont bother about hostility. The problem with nigerians is that we go to other countries and cause problems for them. We dont like integrating with their culture and climate. Always try to scam or out do them.

Very True.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by mkbessman(m): 7:37pm On Feb 26
SweetyZinta:

Please save at least 1M if you are not going there by Bus

I’d be going by bus. But I’d save more. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by mkbessman(m): 7:42pm On Feb 26
Mayeldah:
OP, mention who you voted for first before I advise you

You people cannot vote in a Bala blu ancestor, and afterwards run away.

Lol. Them no gree us vote that day o. Lol. I think you get the clue now.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by Calitoscassius(m): 7:42pm On Feb 26
Gabon, liberavile! nice country! Cool, calm and clean, full with pretty big ass, big breasts french speaking ebony dark skinned women. tongue

Europeans, Indians and even Chinese all resident in Liberavile.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by mkbessman(m): 7:51pm On Feb 26
israelmao:
If you're smart enough I believe there's still what you can do with the amount you're about to spend on an adventure,everything may not be business but weigh your options very well and above all ask for divine direction.I pray you will not take a regrettable step.

God bless you for your subtle words. Atleast you didn’t insult me like the other guy did.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by tctrills: 8:27pm On Feb 26
Marjoribanks:
Right now yes! Not before and not the future! This spate of issues will pass. Only a person with lack of foresight won't see the opportunities to invest in a country of 220 million people! Where else in africa can you get ROI like Nigeria! None!
Oga I have invested in Nigeria and in other African countries so 8 know the difference. All the businesses folding up on Nigeria said the same thing you are saying about investing in a country with 220 million people.
What you are saying sounds good on paper but experience is the best teacher.
There is a reason why multinational corporations leave Nigeria for Ghana.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by NFBI: 8:37pm On Feb 26
Difrent:

Funny
Are there no longer foreigners there?
Just don't go there to hustle on the streets....that's where the competition with foreign nationals is..... This is a teacher, he will be teaching in schools
Street or no street SA is a hostile country for African nationals
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by Marjoribanks: 9:04pm On Feb 26
Investment comes and go! Nigerians are establishing their own investment to challenge the multinationals. The multinationals simply cannot stand the heat and had to leave for a less productive country. Simply Eco 101!
Leaving Nigeria for Ghana? Please name those companies? Companies in Agbara, Ogun State is more than companies in Togo, Ghana, and Benin combine! Lol!
tctrills:

Oga I have invested in Nigeria and in other African countries so 8 know the difference. All the businesses folding up on Nigeria said the same thing you are saying about investing in a country with 220 million people.
What you are saying sounds good on paper but experience is the best teacher.
There is a reason why multinational corporations leave Nigeria for Ghana.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by 79733139(m): 9:05pm On Feb 26
Do your research and plan your strategy. Gabon is a decent country, so I would say give it a try. Learn French to a decent level so that your assimilation would be smoother. All the best.

mkbessman:
Please I’ve been thinking about this since last year. I teach here In Nigeria. I can’t afford to go to the western or Asian countries but I think I can be able to save to move to Gabon to atleast teach.

I’ve checked their minimum wage, unemployment rate and their exchange rate snd I think it’s better off than Nigeria. Please advise me. I’m still single and in my mid 30s.

Is it worth taking a try? I know no one there.

I am willing to take the risk to go look for a job there with what I’ve saved so far. I’m projecting 500k.

Please I honestly and sincerely need your advice
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by ade4real2016: 9:11pm On Feb 26
Good one there but d main subject here is having first hand information about your intended destination....Very sure of few African countries apart from Gabon that pay teachers well...Do your feasibility studies on Gambia,Namibia n host of other East African nations...All d best...
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by 79733139(m): 9:11pm On Feb 26
Marjoribanks:
Investment comes and go! Nigerians are establishing their own investment to challenge the multinationals. The multinationals simply cannot stand the heat and had to leave for a less productive country. Simply Eco 101!
Leaving Nigeria for Ghana? Please name those companies? Companies in Agbara, Ogun State is more than companies in Togo, Ghana, and Benin combine! Lol!

In 2006, Michelin and Dunlop moved all their manufacturing (factories) to Ghana.

In 2022, Guinness moved their headquarters to Ghana. (https://www.nairaland.com/7026320/guinness-nigeria-moves-headquarters-ghana)

There are some companies that were based in Nigeria that have since moved to Ghana because it has more regular electricity supply.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by tctrills: 9:33pm On Feb 26
Marjoribanks:
Oga Nigerian businesses are failing by the thousands. You are not making much sense here bro. If the multinationals with the best talents and funds can't stand, what do you think is happening to your businesses. Are you not listening to the manufacturers association of Nigeria? They are losing thousands of local companies each year.
Finally please don't say what you don't know.
Agbara does not have more companies than Benin or toga. Please let's not begin to lie just to make a point.
A quick search on Google map could educate you on the number of companies in Benin or Togo. If you don't know, don't assume.

I have posted links to the maps for you to educate yourself so you don't keep repeating those lies.
https://www.google.com/search?q=companies+in+agbara+ogun+state&oq=companies+in+agbara&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUqBwgBEAAYgAQyBggAEEUYOTIHCAEQABiABDIHCAIQABiABDIHCAMQABiABDIICAQQABgWGB4yCAgFEAAYFhgeMggIBhAAGBYYHjIICAcQABgWGB4yCAgIEAAYFhgeMggICRAAGBYYHjINCAoQABiGAxiABBiKBTINCAsQABiGAxiABBiKBTINCAwQABiGAxiABBiKBTIHCA0QIRiPAjIHCA4QIRiPAtIBCDg2MTNqMGo5qAIAsAIA&client=ms-android-xiaomi-rvo3&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

https://www.google.com/search?q=companies+in+Cotonou+benin&client=ms-android-xiaomi-rvo3&sca_esv=df09c7f462242355&sca_upv=1&sxsrf=ACQVn08uIrRwwZ8pwHiCGjCZTeD8dDUW_w%3A1708979542971&ei=VvXcZZrzOvPikdUP6-SWUA&oq=companies+in+Cotonou+benin&gs_lp=EhNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwIhpjb21wY[url]W5pZXMgaW4gQ290b25vdSBiZW5pbjIIEAAYgAQYogQyCBAAGIAEGKIEMggQABiABBiiBEi1M1DpClj4JXACeAGQAQCYAYQCoAHKC6oBBTAuNy4xuAEDyAEA-AEBmAIKoAK4DMICChAAGEcY1gQYsAPCAgoQIxiABBiKBRgnwgIFEAAYgATCAgQQABgewgIGEAAYHhgPwgIGEAAYBRgewgIIEAAYCBgHGB7CAgoQABgIGAcYHhgPwgILEAAYgAQYigUYhgPCAggQIRigARjDBMICDBAhGAoYoAEYwwQYCpgDAIgGAZAGCJIHBTIuNS4z&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp[/url]
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by Rodinat: 9:41pm On Feb 26
You can try Cote D'Ivoire there more Nigerian there.You can go by bus from Ejigbo town in Osun state,you will spend less than 100k for the trip.Its a three days journey.Best of luck brother.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by Marjoribanks: 9:42pm On Feb 26
You guys spit a lot of misinformation.

Read this article about Dunlop. Read the date to learn. Stop basing your info on hearsay!

How does moving headquarters mean leaving?
Do you know the number of companies with headquarters in Nigeria? Find something else to talk.
79733139:

In 2006, Michelin and Dunlop moved all their manufacturing (factories) to Ghana.

In 2022, Guinness moved their headquarters to Ghana. (https://www.nairaland.com/7026320/guinness-nigeria-moves-headquarters-ghana)

There are some companies that were based in Nigeria that have since moved to Ghana because it has more regular electricity supply.

Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by BluelightHotel: 9:45pm On Feb 26
Do you speak French? Anyway Gabon is a peaceful place of which I visited in the year 1999,I would also say look into going to Lesotho a lot of Nigerians schools owners and teachers there too.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by Marjoribanks: 9:46pm On Feb 26
Arguing with you is a waste of time.
Name the multinationals and where they are leaving to?
I have gone through your posts on this platform and they are laughable! Lol! Do you have biz in Gaza too?
tctrills:

Oga Nigerian businesses are failing by the thousands. You are not making much sense here bro. If the multinationals with the best talents and funds can't stand, what do you think is happening to your businesses. Are you not listening to the manufacturers association of Nigeria? They are losing thousands of local companies each year.
Finally please don't say what you don't know.
Agbara does not have more companies than Benin or toga. Please let's not begin to lie just to make a point.
A quick search on Google map could educate you on the number of companies in Benin or Togo. If you don't know, don't assume.

I have posted links to the maps for you to educate yourself so you don't keep repeating those lies.
https://www.google.com/search?q=companies+in+agbara+ogun+state&oq=companies+in+agbara&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUqBwgBEAAYgAQyBggAEEUYOTIHCAEQABiABDIHCAIQABiABDIHCAMQABiABDIICAQQABgWGB4yCAgFEAAYFhgeMggIBhAAGBYYHjIICAcQABgWGB4yCAgIEAAYFhgeMggICRAAGBYYHjINCAoQABiGAxiABBiKBTINCAsQABiGAxiABBiKBTINCAwQABiGAxiABBiKBTIHCA0QIRiPAjIHCA4QIRiPAtIBCDg2MTNqMGo5qAIAsAIA&client=ms-android-xiaomi-rvo3&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

https://www.google.com/search?q=companies+in+Cotonou+benin&client=ms-android-xiaomi-rvo3&sca_esv=df09c7f462242355&sca_upv=1&sxsrf=ACQVn08uIrRwwZ8pwHiCGjCZTeD8dDUW_w%3A1708979542971&ei=VvXcZZrzOvPikdUP6-SWUA&oq=companies+in+Cotonou+benin&gs_lp=EhNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwIhpjb21wY[url]W5pZXMgaW4gQ290b25vdSBiZW5pbjIIEAAYgAQYogQyCBAAGIAEGKIEMggQABiABBiiBEi1M1DpClj4JXACeAGQAQCYAYQCoAHKC6oBBTAuNy4xuAEDyAEA-AEBmAIKoAK4DMICChAAGEcY1gQYsAPCAgoQIxiABBiKBRgnwgIFEAAYgATCAgQQABgewgIGEAAYHhgPwgIGEAAYBRgewgIIEAAYCBgHGB7CAgoQABgIGAcYHhgPwgILEAAYgAQYigUYhgPCAggQIRigARjDBMICDBAhGAoYoAEYwwQYCpgDAIgGAZAGCJIHBTIuNS4z&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp[/url]
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by tctrills: 10:03pm On Feb 26
Marjoribanks:
Arguing with you is a waste of time.
Name the multinationals and where they are leaving to?
I have gone through your posts on this platform and they are laughable! Lol! Do you have biz in Gaza too?
Alright, have a good day, let me not allow you to waste your time. I don't find you interesting enough to spend time on your posts on Nairaland, so I see you going through my posts as a compliment. But learn to stop lying for the sake of argument. It makes you look stupid. Agbara does not have more businesses than Benin
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by sorepco(m): 10:25pm On Feb 26
Gabon is not bad. It'squite a bit above median African countries.
Living standards is better than Nigeria and the purchasing power us higher.

However have you investigated to see is foreign teachers are needed? What subjects..and in the French or English language? You also have competition from French or English speaking Cameroonians.
Is housing affordable ? Do you know or have some one there?
Why don't you visit first before deciding on a move? Better go there by ship if possible as you hearam for road through Cameroon

mkbessman:
Please I’ve been thinking about this since last year. I teach here In Nigeria. I can’t afford to go to the western or Asian countries but I think I can be able to save to move to Gabon to atleast teach.

I’ve checked their minimum wage, unemployment rate and their exchange rate snd I think it’s better off than Nigeria. Please advise me. I’m still single and in my mid 30s.

Is it worth taking a try? I know no one there.

I am willing to take the risk to go look for a job there with what I’ve saved so far. I’m projecting 500k.

Please I honestly and sincerely need your advice
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by Grupo(m): 10:28pm On Feb 26
AviatorMoney:

I beg to differ on this ur view. Nigeria is not d cheapest country in Sub-sahara u said.
It's not also d safest .....so,u talk about exchange ,how has ur poor exchange rate helped u dat is still in Nigeria?

That guy is very right.

Nigeria is the cheapest place to live in the whole of Africa. You won't understand this until you live in other African countries or you compare living costs.

Before you debate, mention one African country that is cheaper to live in than Nigeria.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by Anonimoux: 10:44pm On Feb 26
Let me first check where exactly Gabon is located on the map of Africa.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by Anonimoux: 10:46pm On Feb 26
Instead of going to Gabon why not go to Ivory Coast or even Benin Republic and become an English Language Teacher.
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by DOCU(m): 11:20pm On Feb 26
Nice
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by greggng: 1:11am On Feb 27
Calitoscassius:
Gabon, Brassavile! nice country! Cool, calm and clean, full with pretty big ass, big breasts french speaking ebony dark skinned women. tongue

Europeans, Indians and even Chinese all resident in Brassavile.

Brassavile is not Gabon...do you mean Libreville?
Re: I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher by PureFace1(m): 1:40am On Feb 27
Kingpele:
Chai Gabon of all places...for whatever reason don't go to Gabon..u will suffer...I have travelled to Europe and gambia and I know that exchange rate is not much factor....look at China yuan the currency exchange rate is way less than dollar but their economy is doing better than USA ...population is key...I have a guy who travelled to Gabon for so many years..we all thought he was doing great only for him to return last year with nothing much..no wife no children and he's older than me by 3years ..now he's learning a trade in ogbete main market enugu..make japa no carry us to where we will suffer more

Chinese economy is not doing better than USA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Buy a Plane Ticket In Nigeria (by an expatriate) / Nigeria Vs Lesotho: LASTMA Releases Travel Advisory / Woman Dies As FRSC Officials Rescue Baby From Lone Accident In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.