Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,464 members, 7,812,416 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement (16969 Views)

Is Traveling Abroad Worth It? / How Safe Is Traveling By Road At Night From Lagos To Abuja / "Relocating To Canada Is A Huge Achievement" - Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement by Mcslize: 10:17pm On Feb 26
ogbonti your food is ready. Come and assume your chieftaincy title in this thread.

Please, let's welcome ogbonti the one and only A.P.C clown of our time and antagonist to the japa movement.

Please, kindly take your seat your excellency.
Re: Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement by Mcslize: 10:34pm On Feb 26
tctrills:

You see mansions in Nigeria and that's evidence that Nigeria is doing well?
To know if japa is an achievement, just look at the yearly remittance to Nigeria. It's over 22 billion. People don't sent money from Nigeria to their families abroad unless a student. But people receive money from their families abroad. That is why Japa is a big achievement to the average Nigerian.

Mind you, many of the mansions you see are owned by the japa community.

Leave pansophist alone. Pansophist is a mummy boy. You don't need to be told. He hasn't really experienced the hardship of the Nigeria as a failed country.

Most of these people that grew up being fed for right from childhood till adult, don't really know the situation of Nigeria. So, most times they speak out of ignorance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement by Mcslize: 10:44pm On Feb 26
tosinhtml:

You're living in a mirage. For the record, most of the mansions in Lagos are empty, owned by either politicians and foreigners who invest their money back home.

A big man salary of 500k now in Nigeria is only an escape over the poverty line, using an iPhone in Lagos is now a luxury coupled with other electronics because they are purchased in dollars.

Nigerians are really suffering now, the embassies are filled up. You don't know half of what you are saying, I promise you.

Trust me, pansophist had never tasted a bit of suffering. So, it's easy for him to be speaking about how nice Nigeria is and how much people are doing so well in Nigeria.

If he experiences what some persons are passing through in this Nigeria, trust me, he won't survive it. He will be hospitalised. Nigeria is hard. Not just hard, the common man can't live comfortably.

Sometimes when they make reference, they just use one or two persons who are doing well in Nigeria to draw their conclusion. But they forget that there are millions of poor people who can't even eat one square meal a day. Whenever I go out I know how many grown up men do beg me for money.

But pansophist will still tell you alot of people are doing very well in Nigeria.

It's just a pity most persons turn a blind eye to the loads of people that are suffering in this country as far as they are doing well for themselves, they have no problem, they will classify Nigeria as a paradise and let the rest people go to hell.

Nigeria is heaven on earth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement by Mcslize: 11:02pm On Feb 26
Raalsalghul:

Majority of homeless people in developed countries fall under illegal immigrants without papers and hopeless addicts whom the state have given up on.

So why would you use those as examples?

Don't mind pansophist. He will never mention the professionals that are doing well abroad, Engineers, doctors, Nurses, Social workers, Pharmacists, Technicians, and the rest. It is the one or two persons that are drug addicts that roam the street or those that are illegal that roam the street he will always use as a bench mark to qualify that people in Nigeria are doing way better than those in saner climes who are legally there with their complete papers and permits.

Sometimes they cook up all these stories. I don't know how someone who migrated legally and have sure permit to stay and work will be roaming the street homeless.

And if they find such people, why not interview them to find out what could be wrong? They won't do that. Most are illegal people that neither have no papers nor work permit. Some are drugs addicts. What do they expect from such people order than to roam the street?

Show me one person whose papers are legit and has the right to work that is roaming the street abroad, and I will show them 20 legal people that are doing very well.

Most of these anti-japa people are just liars.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement by DaTruths: 12:14am On Feb 27
pansophist:
I remember when my mum was at Brussels North station one rainy night, and she was shocked to see lots of homeless people sleeping in tents at the train station. She was now asking me, why didn't these people just go back home?

Both whites, blacks, and middle easterners, are all sleeping, and the NGO gives them food every day. So tell me, is that a good life? of course not.

There are lots of people in Nigeria that are doing great, and they are living well. I do rent Airbnb in Lagos sometimes, and the kind of mansion I see, mehn, their life is way better than those in the west.

Japa is not an achievement. It is just a location change.

It depends on your level before relocating.

For someone who earns bellow 200k in Nigeria, Japaa should be an achievement for him.
But if you are already established, a multi millionaire, then it can be considered as just change in location and not an achievement.

Just like Atiku Abubakar that left for Dubai, when he can afford to buy the best of house in Banana Island.
Re: Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement by OChimex: 12:40am On Feb 27
pansophist:
I remember when my mum was at Brussels North station one rainy night, and she was shocked to see lots of homeless people sleeping in tents at the train station. She was now asking me, why didn't these people just go back home?

Both whites, blacks, and middle easterners, are all sleeping, and the NGO gives them food every day. So tell me, is that a good life? of course not.

There are lots of people in Nigeria that are doing great, and they are living well. I do rent Airbnb in Lagos sometimes, and the kind of mansion I see, mehn, their life is way better than those in the west.

Japa is not an achievement. It is just a location change.

First of all, homelessness is mostly as a result of either migrating illegally then you won't have a decent job, or doing drugs and being irresponsible.
There are govt subsidized houses if you are low income and there are Low cost houses they call, trailer parks.
Second, I repeat, you can never compare life in the US or Europe to Nigeria. What people call luxury lifestyles that only billionaires can afford in Nigeria is just a normal lifestyles for everybody especially in the US. Such as, food, wines, drinks, clothing, shoes, AC, Heat, electricity, Healthcare, security, all original and trusted.
Opportunities are endless,
You can drive latest model cars with car payments or lease and you easily drive into gas stations once or twice a week to fill up your tank easy.
People treat you better and are more decent and law abiding around you in Europe or US.
Trust me, living in America is an Achievement. You will be happier and life is easier and satisfying. Safer too.
Mind you, my job requires me going to my clients houses, 3 to 4 persons, mostly whites and they treat me way better and sometimes I am on call and drive through lonely highways 12 am without fear. Highways that has bushes, mountains, left, right and for hours, blasting my music dey go home. Sit in my jacuzzi of hot water with my wine, eat better egusi soup with more meats, lay down with my heater or AC on watching either football highlights.
The day you will relocate to the US, live for like 3 months, you will cry for people living in Nigeria, they are merely existing.

2 Likes

Re: Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement by emmybobo1: 12:49am On Feb 27
Raalsalghul:

From my experience, this is limited to Black African immigrants.

A significant proportion of the Asians (Indians and Pakistani) folks have their fourth generation speaking their languages, cooking and eating their delicacies and travel back home then and again.

Don't know what they do or how they do it, but we could take a cue from them.
lol it seems you haven’t traveled before. Indians see coming to the US as an achievement more than Nigerians do. I know, because here in NY, I work with Indians and in every ten foreigners you see four is likely from India. I mean they are in thousands here. My colleague who just landed contracted me to help her take pictures so to send back home.

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement by OChimex: 1:00am On Feb 27
natedroid:
I'm curious why (Japa) living and working in another country is seen as a big accomplishment in many black countries, especially Nigeria. What more do they have there besides good healthcare, infrastructure, and institutions? Does it suggest that black people living in Africa face poverty, lack of basic needs, poor health, and inadequate housing?

What was the average life of black people like before they had contact with the West, colonialism, and displacement by Europeans?

Relocating from Nigeria to America or Europe, is truly the biggest ambition that you will be grateful to have done... quote me anywhere.
My poor mom lives like queen now. My sisters wey dey their husband's houses are living like queens now. All family expenses from A-Z dey dey My head now, with ease I dey carry them dey go....
If you come from rich home these are your benefits, good healthcare, security, sanity, beautiful environment, sane humans, original products...

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement by mrwilliams9: 2:57am On Feb 27
The basics in Nigeria for the masses eg good roads, good systems, good hospitals, decent economy etc are out of reach for most.

Even our current and former presidents would go abroad for medical check-ups. What does that tell us about the situation on ground…
Re: Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement by ogbonti: 3:39am On Feb 27
Mcslize:
ogbonti your food is ready. Come and assume your chieftaincy title in this thread.

Please, let's welcome ogbonti the one and only A.P.C clown of our time and antagonist to the japa movement.

Please, kindly take your seat your excellency.

😁😁😁😁 be clowning away your life on nairaland - when your mates are making using their valuable time money, you are spending your time trolling Ogbonti on nairaland who does not give a fvck about you-

tomorrow when you fail in life, do not say I caused it because you have demonstrated here numerous times that love playing the victim card, blaming an anonymous online character like Ogbonti; who you do not know and you may never meet in your life - i pity you family 😂
Re: Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement by rspy: 3:58am On Feb 27
natedroid:
I'm curious why (Japa) living and working in another country is seen as a big accomplishment in many black countries, especially Nigeria. What more do they have there besides good healthcare, infrastructure, and institutions? Does it suggest that black people living in Africa face poverty, lack of basic needs, poor health, and inadequate housing?

What was the average life of black people like before they had contact with the West, colonialism, and displacement by Europeans?

It's only when one leaves Nigeria then understand why Nigeria is indeed referred as a zoo republic, a country that watches it's citizens getting kidnapped in thousands and does nothing is the perfect definition of a jungle republic. Till then, whatever points made wouldn't make any sense until one experiences the offers provided by developed nations.

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement by vickydevoka(m): 6:12am On Feb 27
natedroid:

No. But it's better to travel to gather money. Especially UK n US ( if u have someone there that will give u SS number).
After 5 to 10 years come back and establish.
U can hardly be rich as a young guy in Nigeria unless u are into real estate
Re: Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement by Tranquility2345: 6:17am On Feb 27
pocohantas:
This question is similar to another common question - IS MARRIAGE AN ACHIEVEMENT?

People would say NO when

SET 1: They have it and are enjoying all the perks it gives or has given them. So now it looks normal to them or they want to sound modest/politically correct. When they were fighting to pass IELTS or whatever it is called. They didn't know it is not an achievement. I can't blame this set because if they say YES, set 4 would attack them.

SET 2: They have it and are enjoying nothing.

SET 3: They have looked and there is no hope of japa'ing. Now they have to console themselves.

SET 4: They are steadily in a competition with diasporans. These ones don't want to japa, though they have the means. They just want to stay here and tell you they send money to Nigerians abroad. On NL their work is to analyse the salary wages of Nigerians in the UK and America.

Having the above definition in mind. Japa to a good country via the right means is an achievement to some people. Japa has changed the lives of a whole family because one person managed to crossover.

The people that would tell you NO on this thread would most likely fall into SET 1 or SET 3.

Nonsense raised to power 10!
Re: Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement by PointZerom: 6:32am On Feb 27
emperor4love:
oyibo house no b wood

What do you know?
Re: Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement by Ugonofure1: 6:37am On Feb 27
Please what should I learn in Tech, I don't have any skills in Tech, I'm a Newbie,
Please help me so that I can start learning tech this March, I will be traveling soon, I still have 6 month ahead.

I live in Lagos, I can pay to learn

BigDawsNet:
No doubt

Only tru if you travel to a better country like the

US
Australia
Canada
Uk
New Zealand ...

If you very hard working in these countries... you will make it in life... your education doesn't matter like how we carry it for head in naija...

Just menial jobs can make you rich back home..
Having a crazy skills in Tech can earn your Real money..

I know people who earn as low as 40k in Nigeria but manage to japa...now own multi million properties hustling blue collar job abroad....

Also If you wanna travel Abraod..pls learn tech... atleast 6months before departure
Re: Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement by Mcslize: 6:45am On Feb 27
ogbonti:

😁😁😁😁 be clowning away your life on nairaland - when your mates are making using their valuable time money, you are spending your time trolling Ogbonti on nairaland who does not give a fvck about you-

tomorrow when you fail in life, do not say I caused it because you have demonstrated here numerous times that love playing the victim card, blaming an anonymous online character like Ogbonti; who you do not know and you may never meet in your life - i pity you family 😂

I laugh at you in 3D buhahahahahaha. You must be such a stupid fool.

Permit me to laugh at your stupid ignorance. When people were being created with brain, yours was created with a leaking hole in it. You think I am like you who has failed both in life and in family?

ogbonti your stupidity is too glaring.

Ozuor! 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement by Gerrard59(m): 7:39am On Feb 27
WantsandMore:
nah I disagree on the civilization, we lack technological improvements yes, but we've got the best civilization. I mean we don't go around answering they/she/him😏

Fair assessment. But with a poor economy, terrible living standards and absence of infrastructure, other places like Malaysia and China would be adjudged to be civilised.

3 Likes

Re: Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement by Gerrard59(m): 7:41am On Feb 27
rspy:

It's only when one leaves Nigeria then understand why Nigeria is indeed referred as a zoo republic, a country that watches it's citizens getting kidnapped in thousands and does nothing is the perfect definition of a jungle republic. Till then, whatever points made wouldn't make any sense until one experiences the offers provided by developed nations.

This is something many Nigerians have yet to mentally process. What makes us different from the likes of Haiti, DRC and Central African Republic? Na why I don't engage in the Internet bants Nigerians have with other Africans, especially Ghanaians, Kenyans and South Africans. The indiscriminate killings in Nigeria cannot continue unabated in those countries.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement by BigDawsNet: 8:23am On Feb 27
Ugonofure1:
Please what should I learn in Tech, I don't have any skills in Tech, I'm a Newbie,
Please help me so that I can start learning tech this March, I will be traveling soon, I still have 6 month ahead.

I live in Lagos, I can pay to learn

Ui/Ux
Data analysis

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement by Ugonofure1: 8:40am On Feb 27
Thanks,
How can I get someone to teach me, or should I learn through YouTube?
YouTube learning is complicated and not also discourage someone when there is no one to give the scope for proper understanding.

BigDawsNet:

Ui/Ux
Data analysis
Re: Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement by BigDawsNet: 9:46am On Feb 27
Ugonofure1:
Thanks,
How can I get someone to teach me, or should I learn through YouTube?
YouTube learning is complicated and not also discourage someone when there is no one to give the scope for proper understanding.

I think youtube is for people with basic knowledge of a particular skills...

I will advise to you browse top Tech company in lagos.. message them and register for the programs...

Try
Tech Studio Academy
Zuri...

theses IT schools are good and dey will take care of ur needs...

Make sure u hav working laptop
Hi Tech

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement by centpado(m): 12:54pm On Feb 27
Travelling abroad with the right papers is a big flex especially if there is a path to citizenship…. the sacrifices is worth it, your future self and your children, children would be eternally grateful.

Imagine have dual citizenship it gives you choices, that’s my own cognitive reason I think one can migrate
Re: Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement by Ugonofure1: 2:00pm On Feb 27
Thanks and I will do that right now, I appreciate a lot.

BigDawsNet:

I think youtube is for people with basic knowledge of a particular skills...

I will advise to you browse top Tech company in lagos.. message them and register for the programs...

Try
Tech Studio Academy
Zuri...

theses IT schools are good and dey will take care of ur needs...

Make sure u hav working laptop
Hi Tech

1 Like

Re: Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:52pm On Feb 27
It's an achievement depending on where you japaa to. How many of those who relocate want to come back.
If there is desperation to come back then it is not an achievement.
If you japaa from frying pan to fire then it is not an achievement.
Re: Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement by famuy35: 5:16pm On Feb 29
Japa-land (https://japaland.com/) is a platform I came across that aims to create a network of Nigerian communities for individuals moving overseas, providing a space for them to connect with established communities in their new surroundings, settle and stay in touch with Nigeria. I think its a great idea!
Re: Is Traveling (japa) Truly An Achievement by otipoju(m): 2:46am On Mar 18
OChimex:

First of all, homelessness is mostly as a result of either migrating illegally then you won't have a decent job, or doing drugs and being irresponsible.
There are govt subsidized houses if you are low income and there are Low cost houses they call, trailer parks.
Second, I repeat, you can never compare life in the US or Europe to Nigeria. What people call luxury lifestyles that only billionaires can afford in Nigeria is just a normal lifestyles for everybody especially in the US. Such as, food, wines, drinks, clothing, shoes, AC, Heat, electricity, Healthcare, security, all original and trusted.
Opportunities are endless,
You can drive latest model cars with car payments or lease and you easily drive into gas stations once or twice a week to fill up your tank easy.
People treat you better and are more decent and law abiding around you in Europe or US.
Trust me, living in America is an Achievement. You will be happier and life is easier and satisfying. Safer too.
Mind you, my job requires me going to my clients houses, 3 to 4 persons, mostly whites and they treat me way better and sometimes I am on call and drive through lonely highways 12 am without fear. Highways that has bushes, mountains, left, right and for hours, blasting my music dey go home. Sit in my jacuzzi of hot water with my wine, eat better egusi soup with more meats, lay down with my heater or AC on watching either football highlights.
The day you will relocate to the US, live for like 3 months, you will cry for people living in Nigeria, they are merely existing.

I had to check to see say no be me type this thing. You are absolutely correct

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Requirement For Nigerian To Get A Jordanian Visa / BREAKING: Third Mainland Bridge Reopens / Drunk Truck Driver Causes Death Of Four People After Fatal Accident. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.