Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,903 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal (24896 Views)

"Nigeria Reaping The Benefits Of Reform" - Ministry Of Information / Labour Party Condemns hasty Decision On Fuel Subsidy, Liken Tinubu To Pharoah / Babachir Lawal: I Earned N930,000 Monthly As SGF, Now I Earn N500 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Tunji50: 7:44pm On Feb 24
Babalegba:
Mad man. Are they thanking you for the inflation or what. You lack basic economic literacy.People like you are put to death in China
U stupid if u blaming him/her
is he d useless goernment dat cause d policy?
wat nonsense
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:46pm On Feb 24
aribisala0:

He is bitter that he was not picked for VP
Obi said he would remove subsidy on day one

Atiku said he would remove it within his first hundred days
They campaigned on that Issue
Nigerians knew Tinubu would do it and still voted him.
The consequences are painful but no one has told us a credible alternative
The botomline is even if there was no will to remove it there was no choice because Nigeria has reached the pont of borrowing from IMF and IMF simply will not lend money for subsidy. So blaming Tinubu or any other president is futile it is either the subsidy goes or the government shuts down and stops paying salaries and defaults on loan repayments.
When nearly 100% of revenues is going on debt servicing how does government continue that?
When did you send him sit down and he told you how he is bitter he wasn't picked for VP?
For your info, if it's all about that, someone like him will easily get a good post or at least contracts from Tinubu before you can get a mudu of corn from same Tinubu.
A lot of you just project yourself on others

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Tareq1105: 7:47pm On Feb 24
Xinox:
I agree with Babachir Lawal on this. It was so untimed. The hard truth is the pronouncement of subsidy removal was the beginning of PBAT administration struggle and it has taken the country to what she is experiencing today

Babachir Lawal the grass cutter. Be thankful to God that you are a Nigerian. If you were a Chinese, you would have been executed for #100m grass you said you cut.

I know you're pained but you can't do anything about it than occasionally interview and expression of your frustration bcoz you thought you would be Tinubu VP.
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Harrynight(m): 7:52pm On Feb 24
The current hardship is not as the results of fuel selling at 600

We bought fuel at 600 since June 2023 and a bag of rice was selling at 37'000

Today a bag of rice is selling for 80k and fuel is going for 600/ltr

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Massiveglory: 7:53pm On Feb 24
Goodlady:

The more you guys keep calling Yorubas ronu people the more you move far from collaboration with them. It's your choice to be humble as you catch cruise with them.
As a student of law, working together irrespective of tribe or party is the solution!

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by aribisala0(m): 7:53pm On Feb 24
Agbegbaorogboye:

When did you send him sit down and he told you how he is bitter he wasn't picked for VP?
For your info, if it's all about that, someone like him will easily get a good post or at least contracts from Tinubu before you can get a mudu of corn from same Tinubu.
A lot of you just project yourself on others
Since you were born when did you sit anyone down and they told you they were bitter about anything?
Is that the procedure for establishing bitterness?
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by ncoolsome(m): 7:54pm On Feb 24
My question is where is the money gained from subsidy..

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Honestey: 7:56pm On Feb 24
In other words, he spoilt his own government
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Hanndye: 7:57pm On Feb 24
badoh:
Here comes the Man who stole government fund, hence his suspension by Buhari. Babachir has no moral right to criticize any govt because he was part of those that wreck Nigerian economy.
But it's debatable the one that's more corrupt between Babachir and Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by aribisala0(m): 7:57pm On Feb 24
Agbegbaorogboye:

But same govt claimed allocation to govs has increased by 60% by virtue of subsidy removal so what exactly are you on about
I am not here to speak for government
Even without subsidy removal I would expect allocation to in tease by more than that based on exchange rate
So the variables that affect allocation would include subsidy,exchange rate and oil revenue which government also claims has increased based on theft reduction.
All this back and forth nitpicking is unproductive. We can do this this Christmas if we are both jobless but I am not.
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by DARLINGTON869(m): 7:58pm On Feb 24
89green:
Babachir Lawal no see food chop, main reason why he is criticizing the Govt., not because he feels the pains of the masses.

Give am one office to hold, you will see the mumu going against the masses and saying all sorts of nonsense.

Can you just close that hole you call mouth. Are you waiting till. I know you lack the attitude to humble yourself and agree that the dead brain person you supported to be president came out a total failure

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by kunle4toyeyaho: 8:00pm On Feb 24
Yankee101:
It’s called incompetence
Incompetence for money that was never budgeted for in 2023 appropriation Act? Though,the decision was hasty but the PMB never budgeted for subsidy in 2023,rather he was accumulating subsidy debt for PBAT.
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:02pm On Feb 24
aribisala0:

Since you were born when did you sit anyone down and they told you they were bitter about anything?
Is that the procedure for establishing bitterness?
Well, that's what anyone who wants to make claims about the state of mind of others should do.
Anything outside that is simply innuendo and conjectures
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:04pm On Feb 24
aribisala0:

I am not here to speak for government
Even without subsidy removal I would expect allocation to in tease by more than that based on exchange rate
So the variables that affect allocation would include subsidy,exchange rate and oil revenue which government also claims has increased based on theft reduction.
All this back and forth nitpicking is unproductive. We can do this this Christmas if we are both jobless but I am not.
You're not here to speak for govt but you're defending govt actions. Maybe you should leave that to those paid to do it and face your job.
The FG said allocation increased due to subsidy removal.
It already negates your claim. So either you know more than govt or you're just making baseless claims

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:10pm On Feb 24
aribisala0:

That is why we should not put ourselves in a position where we have to borrow from them
You sell your soul in the process
Nigeria has not said anything significant about the Ukraine war or Gaza and was even threatening Niger with military action
The other day an announcement was made that British lawyers will practice in Nigeria
See how Chinese are flooding our country

So when you borrow anyhow you lose sovereignty
When last did Nigeria borrow from IMF? Has Tinubu borrowed from them?
Tinubu was pandering to the West in his policies
It had nothing to do with loans
Why didn't Buhari remove subsidy or declare war on B.Faso? Why did he ban twitter? He even borrowed from IMF!!

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by aribisala0(m): 8:16pm On Feb 24
Agbegbaorogboye:

You're not here to speak for govt but you're defending govt actions. Maybe you should leave that to those paid to do it and face your job.
It already negates your claim. So either you know more than govt or you're just making baseless claims
I am expressing my opinion if the government does something I agree or disagree with I will express my opinion. I am not an enemy of the government. I already told you I cannot speak for the government. It is reasonable to expect some increase in allocation as a result of subsidy removal but like I said there are other variables Naira has devalued by more than 100% so that is significant as well as increase in oil output
This emotional outbursts of yours does not move me
I do not not speak for the government. You cannot intimidate me from.speaking my mind.
If you disagree do so courteously or fucckk off. Your mouth no big pass anybody own
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by HellVictorinho6(m): 8:17pm On Feb 24
Agbegbaorogboye:

All past govments failed
At all levels
Fed,state and local.

The present is failing

Cant we rearrange into sumtin else undecided
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by poiZon: 8:18pm On Feb 24
aribisala0:

We have different definitions Of broke
You are mixing too many things up what has Mecca got to do with anything
You are ranting emotionally now.organize your mind
U should organise Ur thoughts and then u will know how to make inputs in public discourse.

Till then keep fooling urself

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by onuman: 8:18pm On Feb 24
Tinubu the president who removed petroleum subsidy on his first day as present without appointing a petroleum minister, and floated the Naira against the Dollar without appominting a Central Bank governor. Catastrophy followed as expected.
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Customised3(f): 8:19pm On Feb 24
Otilo
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by aribisala0(m): 8:19pm On Feb 24
Agbegbaorogboye:

When last did Nigeria borrow from IMF? Has Tinubu borrowed from them?
Tinubu was pandering to the West in his policies
It had nothing to do with loans
Why didn't Buhari remove subsidy or declare war on B.Faso? Why did he ban twitter? He even borrowed from IMF!!
When last? Do your own research
Pandering that is a value based subjective opinion
What does that mean exactly
You are mixing so many things up
What is your point in summary?
You don't like Tinubu?
Is there any point to this conversation?
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by aribisala0(m): 8:21pm On Feb 24
poiZon:

U should organise Ur thoughts and then u will know how to make inputs in public discourse.

Till then keep fooling urself
typical.Obidient
Some of us do not care about that but want Nigeria to do well and wish Tinubu well unlike you who want the country to burn has long as Obi is not in charge
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by THilfiger: 8:22pm On Feb 24
Gbese
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by poiZon: 8:24pm On Feb 24
aribisala0:
typical.Obidient
Ah...
Is that Ur issue?

Still remember how u were criticizing Buhari back then, so it's now tribal stuff and not patriotism or good governance...
So shameful of u..
Now go back all my post and check whether I associate with PO...
Once again u r shameless, try get some sense.

3 Likes

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Procashtips(m): 8:25pm On Feb 24
89green:
Babachir Lawal no see food chop, main reason why he is criticizing the Govt., not because he feels the pains of the masses.

Give am one office to hold, you will see the mumu going against the masses and saying all sorts of nonsense.

Even if Jesus come to offer salvation to you, you'll say it's because he's hungry.

What food does he need again?
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Agboogashi: 8:28pm On Feb 24
89green:

You that feels that what Babachir said is nonsense, how market. I guess you're outside the shores of this depraved contraption, hence you don't see anything wrong in what the stubborn goat has done.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by DOSINCLAIR: 8:33pm On Feb 24
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Chucks13: 8:36pm On Feb 24
You are in pain because the tap you and your fellow Nothern vultures were using to s u c k Nigeria dry was blocked this is why all of you are angry, no more transporting private jets filled to brim with dollars from oil subsidy looting.

Una go cry taya, subsidy is gone and dead and that is final...

The SS wey God carry oil give una Northern vultures no allow sem enjoy it, una su-cked everything to una side, now wey God decided to knack Akpako on you all of una turn tigers.
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by kinguwem: 8:37pm On Feb 24
The decision was hasty without a bailout plan for the ripple effects. But the floating of the dollar is the major reason for the collapsed economy.
But Nigerians generally and the political class in particular are heartless and exploitative. Why are allocated funds converted to dollars by the politicians and why are we running a dollar based economy? Is the Central Bank Governor and his Management team competent to manage the mess created by the removal of fuel subsidy and the floating of the dollar? Time shall tell.
Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:38pm On Feb 24
aribisala0:

I am expressing my opinion if the government does something I agree or disagree with I will express my opinion. I am not an enemy of the government. I already told you I cannot speak for the government. It is reasonable to expect some increase in allocation as a result of subsidy removal but like I said there are other variables Naira has devalued by more than 100% so that is significant as well as increase in oil output
This emotional outbursts of yours does not move me
I do not not speak for the government. You cannot intimidate me from.speaking my mind.
If you disagree do so courteously or fucckk off. Your mouth no big pass anybody own
You already said you don't speak for govt. So you should leave the talking for those who do.
The subsidy removal has brought more revenue to govt. This means subsidy payments was not based on borrowing as you claimed.
Rest!!

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:40pm On Feb 24
aribisala0:

When last? Do your own research
Pandering that is a value based subjective opinion
What does that mean exactly
You are mixing so many things up
What is your point in summary?
You don't like Tinubu?
Is there any point to this conversation?
The point is that you're making wrong claims to defend govt.
If you want to take a position at least get your facts right before you do so.
Your countering the opinion of others based on wrong facts

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Tinubu Reaping The Consequences Of His Hasty Decisions - Babachir Lawal by aribisala0(m): 8:44pm On Feb 24
Agbegbaorogboye:

You already said you don't speak for govt. So you should leave the talking for those who do.
The subsidy removal has brought more revenue to govt. This means subsidy payments was not based on borrowing as you claimed.
Rest!!
If your father is not happy with my comments that is his problem not mine
I do not speak for the government
Are you speaking for Peter Obi or Atiku?
Are you more Nigerian than me?

Don't tell me what to do or say

Your father does not pay my bills

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Lacks Clear Cut Direction On How To Govern Nigeria – PDP / Don’t Leave South-West - Governors Tell Northerners / RE: Appointment As Special Assistant Women Affairs (unmarried)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.