Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy (23108 Views)

PDP Peace Talks Collapse, Wike, Makinde, Ortom May Meet Tinubu Again In London / Atiku Writes Biden, Lists Nigeria’s Challenges, Seeks U.S Intervention / Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy by lexy2014: 10:01pm On Feb 25
nairalanda1:

Grow up man.
but you didnt answer the question.

if you dont look foolish, can anybody make you look foolish?
Re: Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy by Thegamingorca(m): 10:02pm On Feb 25
Putindbutt:
Atiku is a failure, Argentine oppositions are not sabotaging their new president like Atiku and Obi are doing. Argentina president dissolved and dismantled the Central Bank of Argentina due to corruption. Imagine Tinubu wanting to put an end to central bank and adopt another country's federal reserves, will Atiku and Obi not instigate crisis against him?. Argentina people are patriotic and do not wish for the downfall of their country, things are still very very hard yet they support their president.

Therein lies the difference. The ppl voted in their president and so support him. Nigerians don't support tinubu because he stole the election. He is nothing but a common crook
Re: Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy by Irupetepete: 10:03pm On Feb 25
ElSudani:

Why wouldn't I be against a man whose supporters are people like you? Read what you wrote again, do you even feel normal?
I am sometimes tempted to think Obidients diverged from the regular homo sapiens to something like homo psychosis.
boda ode, I am for sowore, it is the insane obsession with Obi that pissed people like me off... Anywhere Obi's name pop up, you swines are always in a rush to outdo yourselves with deranged comments
Re: Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy by Maxtipulation(m): 10:05pm On Feb 25
The mic licker has no clue on what to do again
Re: Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy by cybernaut(m): 10:05pm On Feb 25
Coup loading
Re: Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy by tctrills: 10:05pm On Feb 25
ElSudani:

There was an election and your candidate was defeated at the polls.
Defeated at election tribunal.
Defeated at the appeal court.
What else do you want from us?
Atiku even went further to the United States and he was defeated there too!
You can keep repeating the fallacy that this government is the root cause of all your problems but that is really not true.
I would be the happiest person if after my candidate was defeated, your candidate began to make life better for Nigerians. It's just 8 months are he has destroyed more lives than Buhari.
And you are here absolving government of the problems they created.
You want to blame Nigerians for the problems created by their government. Really

1 Like

Re: Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy by J3susFr3ak: 10:06pm On Feb 25
Timothy89:
Atiku might be playing politics but all what he said are the truth but if he was Nigeria President would he have waited for the new Argentine president to overcome the mess inherited by the previous govt?

What you can't take away from his submission is cutting govt expenses, you can't be giving allowances to people that are made, buying exotic cars for those useless red and green chambers parasites and be telling me to endure

I'm a Yoruba like the president and I won't keep shut to tell him the truth, he's not getting it right and he might not if he can't cut all unnecessary and unprofitable expenses

Well Timothy, the same Atiku Abubakar bragged at the start of his Presidential campaign in Jos even as his body guards physically assaulted journalists that "it his money that will get him the Presidency..,.he does not need any journalists!!"

Not surprising afterwards that the Plateau people went out hard for a more sincere and humble character like Obi. There is absolutely no tolerance for a high handed person whose sense of entitlement
unrealistically demands undue and exaggerated attention or forced respect like his blood thirsty Miyetti Allah cotravellers.

The recently past Buhari's regime simply printed so much paper money into the system without anything to anchor the value of that excess liquidation on. Even the oil revs that were pre-sold into the future to secure extravagant debts and loans since squandered weren't enough to bail out the Nigerian currency's value this time.

Reducing this excess liquidation by propping production (especially on items that gobble up the hard currency reserves) could be start.

But what am I saying? Even the Electric power generation to trigger such production I am made to understand was partly squandered by a VP Atiku in a previous life.

I have always wondered what type of solutions the entity called Nigeria would have been forced to adopt if it never even had any oil at all.

The solutions and potential is there. But I think the corrosive impatient get rich quick mentality that has pervaded the entire Nigerian system is rather unfortunate.
Re: Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy by Tareq1105: 10:10pm On Feb 25
9japride:
My question is why does Atiku always spoil the chances for the country to elect the right ones?
I believe next election, he will come out again to contest just to divide the votes of the masses.
It's quite unfortunate that the country lost the opportunity get things right in this last election.
The good thing about the previous election, is that it really revealed the mindset of the Nigerians

Atiku and other political actors should take all their stolen money saved in dollars back to the banking system and Nigeria would recover. In Argentina, nobody is keeping dollars at home or spraying dollars at parties.

1 Like

Re: Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy by lexy2014: 10:11pm On Feb 25
ElSudani:

I have never said people are not suffering neither have I said Nigeria is not going through a rough patch economically.
These are things that are clear to most Nigerians by now. What is probably not understood by many is the fact that some people are working hard right now to solve the problems and whether you agree with that or not is irrelevant to me.
What is totally unjustifiable though is the tendency by folks like you to exacerbate the problems for political reasons. Big shame on you.

who are the people working hard to solve the problems?

who created the problem that you say "some people are working hard right now to solve"?

how have the problems been exacerbated for political reason?
Re: Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy by mauchiz: 10:12pm On Feb 25
nairalanda1:

Millei did things like cutting subsides, cutting salaries and pensions and devaluing the currency. In addition to what atiku has mentioned

Tinubu has done some of what Millei has done. If he did all that Millei has done, almost all of us would be on the street protesting.

Infact there have been protests in Argentina self.

Oh yes, there are no palliatives at all in Argentina.

Investors are coming back though
Really?
Re: Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy by Mali90: 10:13pm On Feb 25
Our leaders will always be hasty to preach how we are better than some poor countries but will never tell how we should be doing better than some countries that are doing well but not richer than us. Always celebrating mediocrity.
Re: Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy by chidiokay: 10:14pm On Feb 25
nairalanda1:

Don't engage that guy.

His job is to make you look foolish.

Better stop now.

if thats how to make someone look foolish, no wonder jamb sacked him.

1 Like

Re: Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy by epainos: 10:14pm On Feb 25
Malroux:
Even though Obi was the undisputed choice of Nigerians but Atiku would have done better than Ebola Tinubu.
Obi is not the undisputed choice of Nigerians but of Obidients. Obi himself does not have the capacity to lead Nigeria. If Tinubu fails despite his achievements in Lagos, Obi cannot.
Atiku is the least that can handle Naija.

The person who will make Nigeria better must be a democrat but must operate like a military. He must step on toes. He will fight the gods in Nigeria. I am not going to mention names, but he will fight the banking gods, oil gods, military gods, gas gods, ocean gods, etc. He will turn the whole of Nigeria upside down. Civil servants will curse him because he will fight them. He will make them resume at 8am and leave at 4 pm. Ghost workers will be eradicated. See...he will reinvent the Nigerian police. Lol.

Who can do it? I don't know. Nigeria should split.

So, don't ever say Obi is Nigerians' choice. Pandora cannot be. Never. Come 2027, he will still not win. Mark my words. 99% North will never vote for him and 80% Southwest will still not. So, how will he win?

Live in reality and not in your dream.

5 Likes

Re: Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy by ElSudani: 10:15pm On Feb 25
lexy2014:

who are the people working hard to solve the problems?

who created the problem that you say "some people are working hard right now to solve"?

how have the problems been exacerbated for political reason?

Big and small folks like you created the problems with dishonesty, lying and unbridled greed.
Trying to pin it on one particular person is stupid. We have seen what bankers had done with the exchange rates while folks like you were shouting Buhari as if Buhari alone is the government.
Re: Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy by nairalanda1(m): 10:17pm On Feb 25
The thing is, Atiku is telling only the partial truth about MIllei's reforms in Argentina....they go way beyond what he has just stated.

FIrst off, the guy plans to devalue the peso, then privatise a lot of state industries, cut subsides on transport and fuel...yes fuel, and cut pensions and salaries of government workers. He also planned to sack 5000 government workers in his first few months

If it was implemented in NIgeria...especially the bit about sacking workers...there would be protests on the street.

Infact, there have been protests in Argentina. And the bills on the reforms are stalled in their equivaelnt of our national assembly.

1 Like

Re: Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy by lexy2014: 10:19pm On Feb 25
ElSudani:

Big and small folks like you created the problems with dishonesty, lying and unbridled greed.
Trying to pin it on one particular person is stupid. We have seen what bankers had done with the exchange rates while folks like you were shouting Buhari as if Buhari alone is the government.

you have not answered my questions.

1. who are the people working hard to solve the problems?

2. who created the problem that you say "some people are working hard right now to solve"?

3. how have the problems been exacerbated for political reason?

4. who are the "big folks" and who are the "small folks"? can you name their names?

5. what problems did they create?
Re: Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy by nairalanda1(m): 10:21pm On Feb 25
mauchiz:

Really?

Yes o. Infact there have been massive protests by their trade unions, and the reform bill is stalled in their parliament.

The guy was planning to make massive cuts. Severe cuts in everything. He even said so himself.

I like what Milliei is doing, but knowing what NIgerians are, if MIllei was ruling Nigeria, Nigerians would have all been out on the street in protest. NO one would be talking about tribe or religion..

2 Likes

Re: Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy by Putindbutt: 10:21pm On Feb 25
Thegamingorca:

Therein lies the difference. The ppl voted in their president and so support him. Nigerians don't support tinubu because he stole the election. He is nothing but a common crook
And the Agulu fraud could not prove it in court after paying his quack lawyers over 700million naira awoof money. An ignorant and birdbrained obidient like you doesn't know Argentina practice parliamentary system, not presidential.
Re: Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy by nairalanda1(m): 10:22pm On Feb 25
ElSudani:

Better not engage or answer that chap.

His job is to annoy you to bits.

1 Like

Re: Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy by casualobserver: 10:25pm On Feb 25
Malroux:
Even though Obi was the undisputed choice of Nigerians but Atiku would have done better than Ebola Tinubu.

Atiku and Obi are both comedians. Go and look at the data for Argentina since the man took office. They are in even deeper trouble!!

https:///otegaogra/status/1761858998708375879?s=46&t=zIh8l0Y5x1WkbEiRY9Q56Q

“- Argentine Inflation Rates: Jumped to 254% in January 2024 - the highest level since 1990.
- Industrial and construction output in Argentina dropped by 12.8% and 12.2% year-on-year in December, respectively.
- Economic activity in Argentina fell 2.5% year on year according to a Reuters survey.
- Car registrations in Argentina declined by 33% year-on-year in January.
- Retail sales in Argentina fell by 25.5% year-on-year in January.
- Construction activity in Argentina decreased by 28.2% in January.
- Cement deliveries and motorcycle registrations also saw significant declines.
- Halting all public works, freezing public sector salaries and pensions, and eliminating many public subsidies, including for energy and public transportation.
- Tax Increases: Sharp rise in taxes, including import taxes.
- Real Salary Collapse: The real salary of registered private-sector workers in Argentina experienced the largest monthly drop in at least 30 years, with January's real salaries potentially falling below the levels of the 2001 crisis
- National taxes linked to economic activity across Argentina fell between 15% and 25% annually on a real basis.
- Food sales in retail stores fell 37.1% year-on-year in January.
- Minimum Wage: The current Minimum Living and Mobile Wage (SMVM) is 156,000 pesos per month ($184), with no increase despite high inflation. At least Nigeria is reviewing its own.
- IMF Forecast for Argentina: Predicted a 2.8% recession in 2024.“

Copied from:

https:///otegaogra/status/1761858998708375879?s=46&t=zIh8l0Y5x1WkbEiRY9Q56Q

3 Likes

Re: Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy by nairalanda1(m): 10:26pm On Feb 25
Putindbutt:
Atiku is a failure, Argentine oppositions are not sabotaging their new president like Atiku and Obi are doing. Argentina president dissolved and dismantled the Central Bank of Argentina due to corruption. Imagine Tinubu wanting to put an end to central bank and adopt another country's federal reserves, will Atiku and Obi not instigate crisis against him?. Argentina people are patriotic and do not wish for the downfall of their country, things are still very very hard yet they support their president.

The oppositon is protesting against MIllei's reforms. The reforms are also stalled in Argentina's parliament.

1 Like

Re: Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy by Kingbuhari(m): 10:28pm On Feb 25
Only Peter obi can turn nigeria around
Re: Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy by Timothy89(m): 10:31pm On Feb 25
J3susFr3ak:

Well Timothy, the same Atiku Abubakar bragged at the start of his Presidential campaign in Jos even as his body guards physically assaulted journalists that "it his money that will get him the Presidency..,.he does not need any journalists!!"

Not surprising afterwards that the Plateau people went out hard for a more sincere and humble character like Obi. There is absolutely no tolerance for a high handed person whose sense of entitlement
unrealistically demands undue and exaggerated attention or forced respect like his blood thirsty Miyetti Allah cotravellers.

The recently past Buhari's regime simply printed so much paper money into the system without anything to anchor the value of that excess liquidation on. Even the oil revs that were pre-sold into the future to secure extravagant debts and loans since squandered weren't enough to bail out the Nigerian currency's value this time.

Reducing this excess liquidation by propping production (especially on items that gobble up the hard currency reserves) could be start.

But what am I saying? Even the Electric power generation to trigger such production I am made to understand was partly squandered by a VP Atiku in a previous life.

I have always wondered what type of solutions the entity called Nigeria would have been forced to adopt if it never even had any oil at all.

The solutions and potential is there. But I think the corrosive impatient get rich quick mentality that has pervaded the entire Nigerian system is rather unfortunate.

Discovery of oil ruined everything, it ruined regionalism, force the continuity of this loveless marriage called Nigeria, turn our people to lazy people, make everyone to depends on govt rather than individuals development, make Nigeria politicians to be heartless

Progress of this country lies on regionalism system of govt not this presidential system of govt

1 Like

Re: Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy by Malroux: 10:35pm On Feb 25
EreluRoz:
It's looking so, I'm avoiding comments on front page these days kos of shame of how I vigorously campaigned for him. Please don't quote me else others will start calling me out too
You see your life. @ your age you can't smell a failure from afar? Anyway 2027 is around the corner.
Re: Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy by nairalanda1(m): 10:39pm On Feb 25
Timothy89:

Discovery of oil ruined everything, it ruined regionalism, force the continuity of this loveless marriage called Nigeria, turn our people to lazy people, make everyone to depends on govt rather than individuals development, make Nigeria politicians to be heartless

Progress of this country lies on regionalism system of govt not this presidential system of govt

Discovery of oil did not necessarily ruin NIgeria, though it messed things up. It also did not wreck regionalism. The regions were on their way out once the Mid western region was created in 1963. BY 1965/6 many minorities in the North and east were agitating for more states. Gowon listened to them and gave them states. If there had been no coup, there might have been a MIddle belt region created before 1970. And even eventually states. OJukwu wanted to divide, and infact divided BIafra into several provinces.

Nigeria's problem has always been resource dependency. Our revenue is basically based on selling stuff like cocoa, cotton, palm oil. THe problem was as prices for those things fell in the 1970s, we got lucky we had oil. But the MAIN PROBLEM...is that we do not set the prices of whatever we sell. Prices are controlled by others.

Ghana recently tried to raise the price of its cocoa...main export. Failed misreably.

Mali and Burkina, among many other cotton producers, have been fighting a long war with the USA over cotton prices. USA produces so much cotton, the price for cotton internationally remains low . Other cotton producers cannot compete.

Same with oil. NIgeria needs oil at 130 dollars per barrel. Problem is, if we unillaterally raise it up to that price, we would be shut out of the oil market, as people go to cheaper priced countries for cheaper oil.

If we wanted to be a strong nation, we gotta industrialize and export manufactured goods and services.

2 Likes

Re: Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy by Putindbutt: 10:43pm On Feb 25
nairalanda1:

The oppositon is protesting against MIllei's reforms. The reforms are also stalled in Argentina's parliament.
Hahaha... Let me go and follow updates, i've not been following recently. He was coming with a radical, anti establishment campaign, cutting costs, entrenching wokers, shutting down some public assests, etc. i knew there's no way you can go radical and it won't bite hard on the masses. I don't even think Atiku actually know what is presently going on in Argentina before making comparison.
PS; got a quick update from Casualobserver. Atiku is crazy, i swear.
Re: Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy by Brushstrokes20: 10:44pm On Feb 25
Spot on!.. But unfortunately, eBOLA has only come to STEAL, KILL AND DESTROY! No more, no less 💯💯

1 Like

Re: Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy by Putindbutt: 10:46pm On Feb 25
Kingbuhari:
Only Peter obi can turn nigeria around
Like he did in Anambra... delusional you are.

2 Likes

Re: Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy by Adolfnigeria: 10:48pm On Feb 25
@AllTheWayUp

Argentina is better than Nigeria from that statistics.

AllTheWayUp:

Always fact check before posting unverified facts
Argentina economy has been far worst than Nigerian economy for over 15 years.
If Nigeria enters into the type Argentine economy crisis they have been experiencing for over 15 years, i am not sure u will even have money to buy data to type the unverified thrash u just typed
Argentina is not even among the top 20 exporting countries in the world....stop misleading people by posting false figure and false facts.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/top-20-food-exporting-countries-122951352.html

https://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/top-5-food-exporting-countries-in-the-world-1186418/5/
Re: Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy by AKINBOLADANTATA: 10:52pm On Feb 25
ATIKU is one of the major problems we have in Nigeria. This idiot conspired against Godluck Jonathan (PDP) with other northern PDP governors to support Buhari (APC) to remove a southerner in his quest to become a president. Buhari won and destroy the country - consequences we're still suffering today.
Re: Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy by Moniya4Real(m): 10:59pm On Feb 25
Widespread choice my foot. Keep deluding yourself.

Malroux:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Five APC Governors Meet With Tambuwal In Sokoto / Withdraw Honour Award From Abba Kyari - Inibehe Effiong Tells House Of Reps / 2023 Election: Which Of These Categories Do You Belong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.