Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians (48128 Views)

Take Cues From Argentina: Atiku Writes Tinubu Again On The State Of The Economy / Atiku Writes Biden, Lists Nigeria’s Challenges, Seeks U.S Intervention / Election Tribunal: Atiku Reacts, Shares Message Of Hope To All Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians by GboltNG: 1:52pm On Sep 20, 2019
Candidate of the PDP, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has broken his silence after recently losing his bid to challenge President Muhammadu Buhari’s victory in the February 23 presidential election at the Election Petitions Tribunal, Igbere TV reports.

Atiku, in statement obtained by Igbere TV on Friday, confirmed that he and his party, the PDP, would be challenging the Tribunal verdict at the Supreme Court.

The former vice president explained that his decision to proceed to the Supreme Court is to fight for Nigeria’s democracy.

“It is for this, and other patriotic reasons, that I am pursuing this judicial route: To ensure that the votes of Nigerians count and are counted,” Atiku said in the statement posted on his verified Facebook page.

READ FULL STATEMENT BELLOW:

A Message of Gratitude to Nigerians For Your Support on This Necessary Journey.

Dearly beloved citizens of Nigeria,

I write to personally thank you for your support for our shared common goal and the solidarity I enjoyed from all walks of life and every strata of society, right from July 21, 2018, when I informed you, the good people of Nigeria, that I would contest the 2019 Presidential election, to Wednesday, September 11, 2019, when the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal rendered its verdict.

Nothing good comes easy, and hard as the task to rid Nigeria from the forces of fascism, and be an instrument for the full restoration of the rule of law and democracy in Nigeria is, your support makes the struggle worthwhile.

I owe so much to this great land of Nigeria that took me from the streets of Jada, where I sold firewood, to the heights I have attained, by God’s benevolence, in the civil service, in corporate Nigeria, and in public service.

If I do not play my part in making it possible for other orphaned children, indigent youths and the less privileged, to replicate and even surpass my path to significance, I would have failed my Maker. If I do not ensure that the ladder I climbed remains accessible to those at the bottom, middle and top tiers of society, I would not have fulfilled my purpose.

And only by ensuring that democracy is not just done, but seen to be done, can Nigeria and Nigerians have a sense that this our dear land is indeed a land where Unity, Faith, Peace and Progress reside.

It is for this, and other patriotic reasons, that I am pursuing this judicial route: To ensure that the votes of Nigerians count and are counted.

Yes, those who do not want this as Nigeria’s reality, will use every trick in the book to undermine, discourage, misinform and mislead, but with God’s help and the support of Nigerians, we will ensure that Nigeria makes a course correction away from tyranny and towards democracy.

We must return to being Africa’s bastion of democracy, where the rights to Freedom of Speech and Freedom after the Speech, are guaranteed. We must stand together to pursue this just cause all the way so that our judiciary is not afraid to do their jobs and have to be wary of blackmail, intimidation, and victimisation.

I note the immense outpouring of goodwill from ordinary Nigerians in every nook and cranny of Nigeria and from all regions, religions and relationships. Once again I thank you all for your support. I also thank the governors elected on the platform of my party, the Peoples Democratic Party, as well as the National Executive Committee, for their unanimous and unambiguous support for the judicial phase of this struggle, especially after it was announced that we would go on to appeal.

I urge all Nigerians to continue their support for this recourse to constitutional order via the courts. Even if there is little or nothing you can do to ensure that justice is done in Nigeria, just believe that it will happen. Let us never underestimate the effect of our belief in Nigeria.

Finally, I say to all concerned, that we will all die and give an account of our lives to our Creator.

Thank you and may God bless Nigeria.

https://mobile.twitter.com/atiku/status/1175016499599368192

http://igberetvnews.com/980219/tribunal-atiku-breaks-silence-pens-open-letter-to-nigerians/

58 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians by seunmsg(m): 1:59pm On Sep 20, 2019
Dear Atiku, you lost the election and lost again at the tribunal. You will still lose at the Supreme Court. Nigerians have spoken very clearly: we don’t want you as our president.

226 Likes 49 Shares

Re: Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians by judgementyard(m): 1:59pm On Sep 20, 2019
I salute your sincerity.

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians by NgeneUkwenu(f): 2:01pm On Sep 20, 2019
Perhaps, He Is Appealing To Cameroonians and IPOB Pigs...

138 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians by LadySarah: 2:05pm On Sep 20, 2019
You ,Buhari,Osibanjo should Bleep off.

Prwsent Adesina/Obi ticket then i will vote.
Demonic parties recycling Their clueless oldies for us.

19 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians by Ikegift4real(m): 2:08pm On Sep 20, 2019
You have my respect sir.
You have been a beacon of hope to the enlightened masses. Allah shall head to your prayers ,Amin .

142 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians by 9jaBlogger: 2:10pm On Sep 20, 2019
Re: Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 2:11pm On Sep 20, 2019
In everything, Atiku is superior to the man in Abuja who might as well be deaf and dumb.
Abubakar pass Muhammadu on every level.

You are the true leader sir. People who fear God and want justice stand by you against the satanic forces in power.

171 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians by festacman(m): 2:12pm On Sep 20, 2019
Atiku joins the league of letter writers.

The cum that refused to cum.

Nigeria bigger than all of us.

83 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians by seunmsg(m): 2:24pm On Sep 20, 2019
festacman:
Atiku joins the league of letter writers.

The cum that refused to cum.

Nigeria bigger than all of us.

He’s still a baby letter writer though. This first attempt is too short, empty, and very boring. He needs to go and see Baba OBJ for a crash course in political letter writing.

79 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians by Abfinest007(m): 2:28pm On Sep 20, 2019
this man get money to waste oh

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians by netpro(m): 2:34pm On Sep 20, 2019
Atiku must cuuumm all the way to Intergalactic Court at Proxima Centauri.

24 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians by vickyhow(m): 2:35pm On Sep 20, 2019
seunmsg:
Dear Atiku, you lost the election and lost again at the tribunal. You will still lose at the Supreme Court. Nigerians have spoken very clearly: we don’t want you as our president.

Speak 4 urself Mr Man ! ! !
He will undoubtedly make a good Leader than Buhril !

123 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 20, 2019
[s]
seunmsg:
[/s]
Only illiterates, zombies and unproductive nigerians voted the false affidavit swearer and certificate forger.

Intellectual nigerians and those who desire a bright future for their unborn generations voted Atiku.

131 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians by netpro(m): 2:38pm On Sep 20, 2019
vickyhow:

Tell him to go do so in Cameroon. Paul Biya has been there for years.

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians by vickyhow(m): 2:41pm On Sep 20, 2019
netpro:

Tell him to go do so in Cameroon. Paul Biya has been there for years.
*smiles*

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians by seunmsg(m): 2:51pm On Sep 20, 2019
vickyhow:

We saw his leadership capacity as Vice President. We can’t forget how he handled PTDF fund, COJA, privatization of national assets, Nitel Pentascope management deal, igate scandal with Jefferson, 2003 do or die election etc. Never again will such a rogue be allowed to wield presidential powers in this country.

83 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians by festacman(m): 3:08pm On Sep 20, 2019
seunmsg:

He’s still a baby letter writer though. This first attempt is too short, empty, and very boring. He needs to go and see Baba OBJ for a crash course in political letter writing.
I can assure you that people who Atikulate Obediently will not be happy with you on this.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians by suprememoney(m): 3:13pm On Sep 20, 2019
You guys are the reason why Nigerians are passing through this hardship and oppression in the hands of APC. If only you guys utilize the 16 years of your leadership, Nigerians wouldn't have had any cause to vote in another party in the first place.

But because the future wasn't bright in your hands and most Nigerians thought APC was the answer, but alas they were disappointed.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians by vickyhow(m): 3:21pm On Sep 20, 2019
seunmsg:

We saw his leadership capacity as Vice President. We can’t firget how he handled PTDF fund, COJA, privatization of national assets, Nitel Pentascope management deal, igate scandal with Jefferson, 2003 do or die election etc. Never again will such a rogue be allowed to wield presidential powers again in this country.

This is a familiar story.
Same can be said of Buhril he was a strict dictator, b4 contestinq in 2015, he brandished all allegations of his very strict military qovt. and he was voted in office by gullible Nigerians...

Atiku is a good business man, he would Invest good fortunes into this economy thrown into an Abyss...

Everyday u wake up, nothinq seems to be changinq in Niqeria, this pattern would be consistent till Buhril bows out come 2023...

Let's qive Atiku Abubakar a 2nd chance, i know once beaten twice shy, las las Atiku qo better pass the buhril !

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians by SamNaijaboy: 3:44pm On Sep 20, 2019
Give him a second chance?
We already did. By voting him.
However his time has gone past. Except he runs in 2031.
It is time for a Southerner to lead for 8 years from 2023.
Either that or we split the country. Leave the SE to be with the Fulani they seem to want to vote so much in 2023

vickyhow:

Same can be said of Buhril he was a strict dictator, b4 contestinq in 2015, he brandished all allegations of his very strict military qovt. and he was voted in office by gullible Nigerians...

Atiku is a good business man, he would Invest good fortunes into this economy thrown into an Abyss...

Everyday u wake up, nothinq seems to be changinq in Niqeria, this pattern would be consistent till Buhril bows out come 2023...

Let's qive Atiku Abubakar a 2nd chance, i know once beaten twice shy, las las Atiku qo better pass the buhril !

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians by Venerable612(m): 3:50pm On Sep 20, 2019
Me: Atiku, Atiku, Atiku!
E me lo nimo pe e?

Atiku: E meta le pemi Sir.

Me: Don’t waste your money at the Supreme Court. Learn to fight another day!

4 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians by vickyhow(m): 3:57pm On Sep 20, 2019
Hmmm, so u are better off with BUHRIL'S leadership?

You are sleeping on a movinq bike bro!
SamNaijaboy:
Give him a second chance?
We already did. By voting him.
However his time has gone past. Except he runs in 2031.
It is time for a Southerner to lead for 8 years from 2023.
Either that or we split the country. Leave the SE to be with the Fulani they seem to want to vote so much in 2023

1 Like

Re: Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians by SamNaijaboy: 4:02pm On Sep 20, 2019
What has Buhari’s leadership got to do with Atiku’s potential run in 2023.
Look, Atiku knows he is not winning at the Supreme Court. This letter is just to engender pity and solidarity for maybe 2023.
However his chance has gone till 2031.
Don’t know who next but any Southerner that votes another Fulani or Northerner in 2023 as president is a fool and should be checked properly

vickyhow:
Hmmm, so u are better off with BUHRIL'S leadership?

You are sleeping on a movinq bike bro!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians by jkendy(m): 4:08pm On Sep 20, 2019
Fighting for Nigeria's democracy from Dubai grin grin grin
Your excellency sir, proceeding to the Apex court is for the records of truly "fighting for democracy" but as for the benefits, whether you win or lose, it's personally yours and your family's.
How many children of the poor are studying in your 'affordable' University in Yola
Thanks sir, wishing you well.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians by FarahAideed: 4:11pm On Sep 20, 2019
Atiku to are the president of the people's heart while Buhari is president of dubious INEC

1 Like

Re: Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians by vickyhow(m): 4:13pm On Sep 20, 2019
Deleted
Re: Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians by seunmsg(m): 4:17pm On Sep 20, 2019
vickyhow:

It is too late to give him a second chance. The presidency will go to the south in 2023.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians by DennisEche(m): 4:18pm On Sep 20, 2019
ATIKU YOU WERE PART OF THOSE THAT HELPED BRINGING THE BEAST UPON US, IF NO BE SAY YOU DE JUMP FROM ONE PARTY TO ANOTHER LIKE ASHAWO SHEY AFTER GEJ FINISH NA YOU FOR TAKE OVER BUT YOU JUMP ENTER APC CONSPIRE WITH THEM DEM COMOT GEJ NOW YOU WANT MAKE WE PITY YOU, NEVER

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians by salbis(m): 4:19pm On Sep 20, 2019
Allah ya isa mana!
Re: Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians by Mopolchi: 4:19pm On Sep 20, 2019
Good one Atiku. I never regretted supporting you. You are a man; you have fought a good fight.

5 Likes

Re: Tribunal: Atiku Writes Open Letter To Nigerians by AlphaDavid: 4:19pm On Sep 20, 2019
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FAKE / FG Begins Payment Of 40% Salary Rise Arrears / Jonathan Visits Ogbomoso, Receives Grand Welcome (Colourful Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.