Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,674 members, 7,813,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Ukraine: Russia Must Not Win, We Will Send Ground Troops If Necessary - Macron - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukraine: Russia Must Not Win, We Will Send Ground Troops If Necessary - Macron (21737 Views)

'It Will Be Nuclear War If The West Send Ground Troops To Ukraine' - Putin / China Vows To Fire On US Troops If American Forces Are Sent To Taiwan / Israel-gaza Violence: Israeli Ground Troops Attack Gaza Strip (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ukraine: Russia Must Not Win, We Will Send Ground Troops If Necessary - Macron by HBB1(m): 3:33pm On Mar 01
uniquetechng:
Then you are a disgrace to your father

I actually have a postgraduate too.

Live and work somewhere abroad.
Earning in the top 1% range in that Country.

Happy?
Re: Ukraine: Russia Must Not Win, We Will Send Ground Troops If Necessary - Macron by HBB1(m): 3:47pm On Mar 01
Stoplying:

England has always had a smaller population than France, but I recall England defeated France in their wars.

Rwanda has a smaller population than Congo, but Rwanda routinely military humiliate Congo.

Uk had a much smaller population than the Indian kingdoms which it defeated and turned into a single country.

Japan has a smaller population than China each time Japan defeated china.

Small Sweden used to bully the Russian empire.

Israel had a much smaller population than any of the countries of the middle east which it defeated in a 6 day war.

Eritrea had a smaller population than Ethiopia when Eritrea defeated Ethiopia in its independence war.

Greece most likely had a smaller population than Egypt Alexander the great defeated Egypt.

Germany did not attack the ussr alone, it did so with Romania, Italy, Finland and some other states. In that period of time Germany occupied all of western Europe minus the UK, if you add all their populations, you would have a bigger population than the USSR.

Population of a country is not the population of its standing army.
They are 2 different things

I have said at least 3 things matter in war, 1 being the population of the armies.
Whilst tactics and weapons matter too.

What was the size of the English army and the French army that lost to them at Waterloo?
That's what matters.

To say the size of an army does not matter is not correct

There is a big deifference between an adult male and a soldier.
Big difference!

For instance England and South Korea have about the same population.
However, S.Korea's standing army is about 5 times the English.

If they were to fight, the Koreans will have an obvious advantage in that area-- except the English improve their numbers or have a considerable advantage in other areas.

The Brits colonised India, because it had several warring kingdoms and they sided with one over another until they gradually controlled the Country.

They had the right tactics and superior weaponry.
But despite that, they were still routed in some battles.

Germany lost because they were spread too thing on several fronts.
They had brilliant officers and way superior weaponry but lost.
They ended recruiting children to shore up their numbers in the end.

So yes, the size of armies (population of armies) matters.
Re: Ukraine: Russia Must Not Win, We Will Send Ground Troops If Necessary - Macron by Stoplying: 4:02pm On Mar 01
I'm not knowledgeable about the battle of Waterloo, I'm talking about the battle of st Crispens, the British were outnumbered at least 3 to 1.

You can also take a look at Cesare's take over of Gaul. Cesare was greatly outnumbered.
Hannibal as well, he kept defeating the Romans who greatly outnumbered his forces.
Strategy and discipline win wars.

I'm sorry though, I don't fully understand your thesis. Could you state it ?
And if you could give a definition to "soldier" I would appreciate. The farmers who defeated the USA in Afghanistan, do they fit the definition?

I feel like we are not saying contradicting things. You only seem to believe that the size of an army is a big factor in winning or losing a war, I think it is not. Strategy is the actual bigger factor. Strategy is how 80000 russian soldiers bugged down more than 500000 Ukrainian soldiers.

HBB1:

Population of a country is not the population of its standing army.
They are 2 different things

I have said at least 3 things matter in war, 1 being the population of the armies.
Whilst tactics and weapons matter too.

What was the size of the English army and the French army that lost to them at Waterloo?
That's what matters.

To say the size of an army does not matter is not correct

There is a big deifference between an adult male and a soldier.
Big difference!

For instance England and South Korea have about the same population.
However, S.Korea's standing army is about 5 times the English.

If they were to fight, the Koreans will have an obvious advantage in that area-- except the English improve their numbers or have a considerable advantage in other areas.

The Brits colonised India, because it had several warring kingdoms and they sided with one over another until they gradually controlled the Country.

They had the right tactics and superior weaponry.
But despite that, they were still routed in some battles.

Germany lost because they were spread too thing on several fronts.
They had brilliant officers and way superior weaponry but lost.
They ended recruiting children to shore up their numbers in the end.

So yes, the size of armies (population of armies) matters.

Re: Ukraine: Russia Must Not Win, We Will Send Ground Troops If Necessary - Macron by uniquetechng: 6:46pm On Mar 01
HBB1:

I actually have a postgraduate too.

Live and work somewhere abroad.
Earning in the top 1% range in that Country.

Happy?
Hahahaha I lived abroad long before you finished primary school education, so you being a Master Degree or Doctorate Degree holder doesn't make you knowledgeable as there is different between being educated and being knowledgeable. Not that I expect someone with your cerebral capacity to understand that though.
Whatever you earns abroad is nobody's business, rather bragging about it online makes you a ninny.
Re: Ukraine: Russia Must Not Win, We Will Send Ground Troops If Necessary - Macron by HBB1(m): 7:29pm On Mar 01
Stoplying:
I'm not knowledgeable about the battle of Waterloo, I'm talking about the battle of st Crispens, the British were outnumbered at least 3 to 1.

You can also take a look at Cesare's take over of Gaul. Cesare was greatly outnumbered.
Hannibal as well, he kept defeating the Romans who greatly outnumbered his forces.
Strategy and discipline win wars.

I'm sorry though, I don't fully understand your thesis. Could you state it ?
And if you could give a definition to "soldier" I would appreciate. The farmers who defeated the USA in Afghanistan, do they fit the definition?

I feel like we are not saying contradicting things. You only seem to believe that the size of an army is a big factor in winning or losing a war, I think it is not. Strategy is the actual bigger factor. Strategy is how 80000 russian soldiers bugged down more than 500000 Ukrainian soldiers.

Numbers are not the MOST important factor.
But it is an important factor.

I was merely talking at first to the other guy who said only technology wins modern wars.

I had told him at least 3 things win wars.

1. Tactics
2. Ammunition.
3. Numbers.

Of course one can win wars with a smaller army, but you then need a force multiplier-- usually excelling in the other 2 to succeed.

About being a soldier-- the Afghans have been Warriors for centuries and by virtue of their culture, young men can fight-- or can be easily trained to.

This is different from the culture in many other countries-- where there has to be several weeks/months of training for them to be made soldiers.

I don't think we are contradicting each other.

1 Like

Re: Ukraine: Russia Must Not Win, We Will Send Ground Troops If Necessary - Macron by AnyanwuSilas: 1:02am On Mar 02
Oakenshield:
no one is invading Russia u this Putin supporter but troops will be on ground to boot Russia out of Ukraine. Russia had no reason to invade another country dats y Russia don't have a voice to talk about Israel and Hamas war
. So the Western world love Ukrain so much? They have a plan brn. Use your head. The world is about to end and your messiah is here
Re: Ukraine: Russia Must Not Win, We Will Send Ground Troops If Necessary - Macron by AnyanwuSilas: 7:53am On Mar 02
AllenSpencer:

It is an occupied land and same Putin is doing. You cannot be on the fence.

If I also want be foolish like the Zionist, I can say Yoruba’s own Earth, cos it’s a well documented fact that Oduduwa created Earth and solidified it with a chicken.

The fact that natives were already in that territory before the British gave it to the Jews, it is an occupation.

Now you condemn Russia but won’t condemn US , Israel, and Australia.

That’s hypocrisy and height of double standards.
Are you saying Jews are not native to judea now called Palestine/Israel. Incase you didn't know, there were still Jews living there when the Europeans came and divided Palestine into 2 states(Palestine/Israel) you're making it look like there were no Jews there. Yes some Jews returned from Europe, Asia & Africa but there were still Jews that didn't run away from the persecution by Arabs(Palestine). The Palestine lose their State when they rejected 2 state & fought Israel
Re: Ukraine: Russia Must Not Win, We Will Send Ground Troops If Necessary - Macron by AnyanwuSilas: 8:13am On Mar 02
uniquetechng:
You know sometimes you just feel like having a healthy conversations with people online then encounters poorly brought up kids like that boy who see nothing wrong in throwing insults at random strangers who could even father them.
Sometimes I choose to be the bigger man and walk away, but sometimes I choose to give them back their own medicine just as I did today.
He is just a kid, I am sure my 25 years old son is way older than he is, I am 100% sure of that because my son is a lot more sensible than that kid.
I have been folowing posts from both of you, you started the insult, why insult his parent if you're actually a parent? People on this fora are faceless/anonymos & can claim to be anytine like grandpa or grandma. You don't intimidate people into buying your claim.
Re: Ukraine: Russia Must Not Win, We Will Send Ground Troops If Necessary - Macron by Kingsnairaland(m): 8:58am On Mar 02
:Iraq,Syria, Afghanistan, Vietnam and look Libya are great examples of democracy since the US invasion, over 3 million dead in Iraq due to USA nato
Re: Ukraine: Russia Must Not Win, We Will Send Ground Troops If Necessary - Macron by AnyanwuSilas: 8:59am On Mar 02
uniquetechng:
Your miserable father is too daft to know that WW2 in 1947 is entirely different from any full fledged war in 2024.
It's no surprise that you're this daft because your miserable and wretched father is also daft, apple does not fall far from its tree remember.
Stop insulting people's parents. Population does matter in warfare, you can't rule it out, we have many types of warfare and rules in warfare. Our problem here in Nigeria is that we don't get things defined before discussing it.
Re: Ukraine: Russia Must Not Win, We Will Send Ground Troops If Necessary - Macron by AnyanwuSilas: 9:02am On Mar 02
uniquetechng:
Your dead father was an animal and still a dead animal.
You're rude.
Re: Ukraine: Russia Must Not Win, We Will Send Ground Troops If Necessary - Macron by uniquetechng: 10:14am On Mar 02
AnyanwuSilas:
I have been folowing posts from both of you, you started the insult, why insult his parent if you're actually a parent? People on this fora are faceless/anonymos & can claim to be anytine like grandpa or grandma. You don't intimidate people into buying your claim.
if you think I started the insult you didn't follow the convo from the beginning, I will be 50 years in few months and I know that kid is not more than 22 years therefore if he insult me I will return the insults to his father who is my age mates.
My first son is 25 and I am 100% sure he is older than that kid, I thought him how to hold healthy and civil conversations with people especially strangers not throwing insults at random strangers online.
Re: Ukraine: Russia Must Not Win, We Will Send Ground Troops If Necessary - Macron by uniquetechng: 10:17am On Mar 02
AnyanwuSilas:
Stop insulting people's parents. Population does matter in warfare, you can't rule it out, we have many types of warfare and rules in warfare. Our problem here in Nigeria is that we don't get things defined before discussing it.
Do your research, many of the war victories in the past has come from the nations with smaller population.
In 2024 what wins you war are effective strategies and technology not population.
India with over 1.4bn people cannot defeat England with 67m people neither can they defeat Israel with 10m people.
Re: Ukraine: Russia Must Not Win, We Will Send Ground Troops If Necessary - Macron by Kingsnairaland(m): 10:43am On Mar 02
Never welcome America in your country. They'll bring war and destruction. You guys were living as brothers until they brought their clown Zelensky
Re: Ukraine: Russia Must Not Win, We Will Send Ground Troops If Necessary - Macron by Konquest: 12:37am On Mar 05

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

President Mnangagwa Fires Joram Gumbo Over Power Outage For 8 Hrs Per Day / BREAKING: US Expels 60 Russian Spies’ Over UK Nerve Attack / Gaza Residents Broke Into UN Food Warehouses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.