Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,597 members, 7,812,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) (36845 Views)

Biafra Armies Imprisoned And Killed Ijaw,ibibio,annang,efik,ikwerre, Midwest Peo / Oshiomhole And Okorocha Avoid Each Other At APC Rally In Akwa Ibom. Photos / Senator Akpabio Chooses Broom Over Umbrella During Rainfall In Akwa Ibom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Manager001: 6:05pm On Feb 27
meolaniyi:
you think Igbos will allow you to do that ? Igbos will always be on the side of the Ibibios
Olaniyi, abi olanike.
Onye *of*mmanu* you are to be seen not to be heard.
You tribal bigot.!

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Albertgr8: 6:05pm On Feb 27
Evidence of hardship
Please use the energy for government not each other
Re: Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by perez100: 6:06pm On Feb 27
As an Igbo man, give me riffle, I will fight for Akwa Ibom people. They are warriors and will defeat Ijaw people. The best thing about Akwa Ibom people is that they are not saboteurs. If they are with you, they are with you.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Blakjewelry(m): 6:06pm On Feb 27
AlexBells:
Fight for what? We don’t have issue. We don’t have boundary with Yorubas, I was responding to the guy who said if Igbos suport Ibibio that Yorubas will support Ijaw. Well I don’t think Igbos will blindly support anyone. We will maintain peace, sanction and discipline the offender but if the Yorubas interfere blindly. We would expand the objectives.
It's like this esn thing don dey enter your head too much.

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by sylve11: 6:06pm On Feb 27
Tonididdyx:
Ijaw people too like problem!

Only for creek. They are like doves when they are in the middle of the town. grin cool

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by deekseen(m): 6:06pm On Feb 27
AlexBells:

How can you Ijaws be fighting everyone. You have issues with Igbos, with Akwa/Cross, with Benin, With Urhobo, With Yorubas can you tell in clear terms why this is so what is the particular issue with this Ibibio now. We are not ready for all these fights here and there now.

The economy is bad, that’s the focus. We need to reach food sufficiency and escalation in the East is not going to be tolerated, find amicable way to fix your differences or if you allow the issue to escalate be assured that the Igbos forces shall be on ground to maintain peace and order and support non combatants
This one thinks that we are in Biafra.

8 Likes

Re: Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by PAQ(m): 6:07pm On Feb 27
navyseal2220:
Some of these so-called Ijaws are yorubaa blood, like Sowore claiming to be Ijaws. They are enemies within the East, causing unnecessary problem.

There is a reason Ijaws is the only Easterners that don't look like other Easterners, they are usually jet blk skin like westerners. Easterners don't look like that, so they are not natural to that environment.

Ibibios, I know you guys can handle these guys, if you need any support, reach out to the Igbos.

To Ijaws, Igbos will not ask Ibibios what happened, we will just start dealing with whoever is fighting them, that's the level of trust between Ibibios and Igbos.

Since when did Ijaw became Easterner? Bayelsa they East & Rivers state dey for East abi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by BlackFlamefromP: 6:10pm On Feb 27
Ebi2233:

Ibeno
Urue/Offong/
Oruko
Mbo
Oron
Okobo

Op, I don't know what you smoked. The above local governments in Akwa Ibom State have nothing to do with Ijaw no matter your new definition of Ijaw.

Please be guided.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by jamesversion: 6:12pm On Feb 27
Ebi2233:

And Yorubas would be at the side of Ijaw against Igbo

Already Igbos carry Yoruba for mind. If Igbos and Yoruba want fight, I go join Igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by OfficialAPCNig: 6:12pm On Feb 27
matify83:
This is a needless altercation.

When people are still thinking of how to source the next meal, these ones are remapping ancestral lands in order to claim oil subventions.

The federal government should enact a law that all disputed lands amongst communities which state governments are incapable of resolving peacefully should be forfeited to the federal government.
Wisdom man. I love this

1 Like

Re: Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Tonididdyx: 6:14pm On Feb 27
sylve11:

Only for creek. They are like doves when they are in the middle of the town. grin cool
That not true oh.
Me wey be benin boy dey avoid them like plague!
Re: Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by deekseen(m): 6:17pm On Feb 27
AviatorMoney:

Every time u and ijaw descending on somebody. Hope u will b available to join d descending ??
Well, we ijaws are not trouble makers.....but freedom and human Right fighters......
Thank you for this. Ijaws are not troublemakers. And I hope the OP is already on his to do the descending.
Re: Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Timothy89(m): 6:18pm On Feb 27
AlexBells:

That’s not my question to answer, I’m only telling you that maintaining peace in the East at this point is sacrosanct. Whatever difference you have with Ibibio should be settled with a less use of force otherwise the Igbo force shall be on ground. To ensure peace and possibly enforce disciplinary measures and sanctions on erring side.

The Yorubas would not want a direct confrontation with the Igbos even at that the Yorubas as a fellow veto with the Igbos in the federal republic shall be notified through reliable channel like Sunday Igboho of the intervention of Igbos in any fiasco ensuring.

Note that the Igbo is the prime nationality in the East and if the Yorubas don’t respect that and interfere, they may as well prepare for a direct confrontation. Having said that tone down the aggressive rhetoric on the internet. Seek dialogue.

And you think you people can stand Yoruba? What bring Yoruba to your imbecilic talks

You people see the quietness and anti violence of Yoruba is coward, you won't want to mess with Yorubas, thousands of Igbo can't

5 Likes

Re: Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by viodemus: 6:18pm On Feb 27
Ebi2233:

And Yorubas would be at the side of Ijaw against Igbo

Who were they with when it was against itsekiri vs ijaw?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by OfficialAPCNig: 6:20pm On Feb 27
AlexBells:
Fight for what? We don’t have issue. We don’t have boundary with Yorubas, I was responding to the guy who said if Igbos suport Ibibio that Yorubas will support Ijaw. Well I don’t think Igbos will blindly support anyone. We will maintain peace, sanction and discipline the offender but if the Yorubas interfere blindly. We would expand the objectives.
I don't think Yorubas have time to interfer in things that don't concern them. Ijaws are trying to lure them into this conflict.

They have been eyeing Akwa Ibom for long.

😂😂😂😂

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by viodemus: 6:22pm On Feb 27
perez100:
As an Igbo man, give me riffle, I will fight for Akwa Ibom people. They are warriors and will defeat Ijaw people. The best thing about Akwa Ibom people is that they are not saboteurs. If they are with you, they are with you.

You are a great mind. God bless you.

We want peace, but if there are no options to peace, the igbos will side with any tribe from akwa ibom or cross Rivers. That one, doubt no dey am.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by rummmy: 6:23pm On Feb 27
Ijsws should stay clear of akwa ibom..
Their madness should be within some communities in beyalsa only.

7 Likes

Re: Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Atarakpa: 6:24pm On Feb 27
matify83:
This is a needless altercation.

When people are still thinking of how to source the next meal, these ones are remapping ancestral lands in order to claim oil subventions.

The federal government should enact a law that all disputed lands amongst communities which state governments are incapable of resolving peacefully should be forfeited to the federal government.
the problem with your idea is this. If you have mineral resources and I have not and you as my neighbour. If I'm wicked, I may cause trouble and my target is for the government to come and take over

4 Likes

Re: Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by afube: 6:25pm On Feb 27
Ebi2233:

Nevertheless Ijaw reach both Igbos and Ibibio remain.

aside stealing and bunkering crude oil ,we can all see you teeth filers have abandoned kai kai and are now drinking crude oil ! ndigbo that fought the whole federation plus great britain and russia...............abeg go and play with your mates!! we have bigger fish to fry !!!

5 Likes

Re: Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by KGBKremlin: 6:25pm On Feb 27
Ebi2233:
There are 7 Ijaw recognized LGAs in Akwa Ibom State.

2 Obolo and 5 Oro..
Note: Ijaw is not a particular language but group of people related by same or similar ancestry.

The 7 Ijaw LGAs under INC, LINO and IYC are
Eastern Obolo,
Ibeno
Urue/Offong/
Oruko
Mbo
Oron
Okobo

@General Ditari.

ATTENTION THE WHOLE WORLD

This is what is happening right now!

These are Eket boys numbering over one thousand conducting a total barricade of the only access road to and from Ibeno Local Government Area.

We received intelligence report about this yesterday night and sent out warnings about the impending problem, but we also advised our youths in Ibeno to stay vigilant but remain calm.

The Ekid people of Eket and Esit Eket, according to reports, are demanding that the remapping law surreptitiously signed by Udom Gabriel Emmanuel few days before leaving office last May be implemented. The evil remapping law was aimed at creating routes in order to bring Eket, Esit Eket, Onna, Mkpat Enin, which are completely hinterland local government areas, to border on the coast so that they can take benefits of the Petroleum Industry Act and the proceeds which accrue to oil producing communities therefrom.

Reports have it that these same scenarios are replicated both in Eket and Esit Eket Local Government Areas. By this multiple actions, the youths of Eket and Esit Eket are in collusion to barricade all the possible road access to Ibeno Local Government Area. Boys numbering well over one hundred from Edor in Esit Eket have moved towards Ibeno and are threatening to overrun Upenekang, the headquarters of Ibeno Local Government Area. Considerable restraint has been placed on the youths of Ibeno to remain calm in the face of this aggressive attack.

For months now, I have been reporting the various secret meetings by prominent members of Eket and Esit Eket Local Government Areas to perfect the devilish plans to enter and cause mayhem in Ibeno. This is the beginning of the manifestations of those secret meetings.

The people who are doing this are given impetus by some top ranking politicians from Eket and Esit Eket Local Government Areas. Some of these politicians hold high political offices in the government of Akwa Ibom State. They seem to be romping around.

Your land end in bayelsa, respect yourselves outside yenagoa.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by sylve11: 6:26pm On Feb 27
Tonididdyx:

That not true oh.
Me wey be benin boy dey avoid them like plague!

We can't say the same in Warri. grin cool
Re: Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Abagworo(m): 6:26pm On Feb 27
The basis of this crisis is likely radicalization of coastal communities of same ethnic group giving them impression that coming under Ijaw umbrella gives them absolute right to water resources owned by everyone in that area. All parties should know they are brothers and need not violence but peaceful resolution to the crisis brought by divisive elements among them. The larger picture is sabotaging the Ibeno port .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by KGBKremlin: 6:26pm On Feb 27
Ebi2233:
Ibibio should know that they are far far minority if Ijaws descend on them.

Minority in bayelsa not in akwa ibom.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Novocento: 6:26pm On Feb 27
Yujin:

There's no single Ijaw subgroup in Akwa-Ibom. What you're seeing is Ijaws trying to bully their way into Akwa-Ibom by supporting the Obolos and Oron people in their differences against the Ibibios. They will soon learn a lesson they'll never forget in their lives.
...u must be a big fool. ur nt frm akwa ibom yet u say nonsense. go n ask esit eket wat happend last time they fought wit ibeno! they ran frm their homes. mayb they want the same thing cos eket wil abandon them to face what comes next.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by OfficialAPCNig: 6:27pm On Feb 27
Timothy89:

And you think you people can stand Yoruba? What bring Yoruba to your imbecilic talks

You people see the quietness and anti violence of Yoruba is coward, you won't want to mess with Yorubas, thousands of Igbo can't

😂😂😂😂
Re: Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Ebi2233: 6:28pm On Feb 27
KGBKremlin:

Minority in bayelsa not in akwa ibom.
Minority in Niger Delta
Re: Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Ebi2233: 6:28pm On Feb 27
Novocento:
...u must be a big fool. ur nt frm akwa ibom yet u say nonsense. go n ask esit eket wat happend last time they fought wit ibeno! they ran frm their homes. mayb they want the same thing cos eket wil abandon them to face what comes next.
Exactly.
Re: Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by emapeteum(m): 6:29pm On Feb 27
Ebi2233:
Ibibio should know that they are far far minority if Ijaws descend on them.
The Ijaws have serious problems. The ijaws are far too small for the Ibiobios. Don't forget that the people you call Ijaw in AKS are Ibibios. The Ibibios are made up of 6 subtribes: Annang, Ibibio proper, Oron, Eket-Ibino, Efik, and Enyong. The Ibibios are far more numerous than the Ijaw
who claimed the fourth largest ethnic during Jonathan. Bunch of criminals, acting as if they have the license to cause trouble.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by sylve11: 6:29pm On Feb 27
Abagworo:
The basis of this crisis is likely radicalization of coastal communities of same ethnic group giving them impression that coming under Ijaw umbrella gives them absolute right to water resources owned by everyone in that area. All parties should know they are brothers and need not violence but peaceful resolution to the crisis brought by divisive elements among them. The larger picture is sabotaging the Ibeno port .

You're right. cool

1 Like

Re: Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by SIONKPO1(m): 6:29pm On Feb 27
This MOD should be flogged and banned,the said local governments he mentioned is occupied by the oron people that speaks Oro language:
Okobo
Oron
Mbo
Udung uko
Uruekko-urueffiong.
The only Local Government where we have the Ijaws is Eastern Obolo and it is shared evenly with the Ibibios.
MOD please bring down this false post.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by Ebi2233: 6:30pm On Feb 27
SIONKPO1:
This MOD should be flogged and banned,the said local governments he mentioned is occupied by the oron people that speaks Oro language:
Okobo
Oron
Mbo
Udung uko
Uruekko-urueffiong.
The only Local Government where we have the Ijaws is Eastern Obolo and it is shared evenly with the Ibibios.
MOD please bring down this false post.

Go learn more
Re: Ijaw/Ibibio Clash In Akwa Ibom (Photos) by OfficialAPCNig: 6:33pm On Feb 27
Please our Ijaw brothers should limit their madness to Bayelsa.

If they take their nuisance to Akwa Ibom, Abia to Ibibio no far, anything dey see for our hand make them take am like that.

We want peace, but if it's not an option, Igbo won't mind bleeding for Akwa Ibom and Edo people.

Be guided and settle whatever problem you have with Ibibio people peacefully.

I am 100% Igbo, but my ancestors migrated from Ibibio. We no dey hide am.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Conspiracies Against President Jonathan - Dr Odinaka Chukwuka / Mike Pompeo Visits Africa, Skips Nigeria / Bola Tinubu In Ibadan For Meeting With South-West Muslim Leaders.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.