Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,789 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram (17146 Views)

Military To Take Over Aso Rock’s Strike Force / T-72 Tanks Used By The Military To Destroy Boko Haram (Photos) / Buhari Will Lead Military To Fight Boko Haram – Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by silibaba: 11:30am On Nov 12, 2011
Boko Haram in big trouble grin
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 12, 2011
[size=12pt]Nigeria will be lucky if the story is true.

Independence in 1960 ruined Nigeria's path to development. (ask old timers about the 50s 60s and 70s)

If the British stayed 25 more years we would have been more advanced than south Africa.

Black people are immature, too emotional and undisciplined.

BEG AMERICANS TO COME AND SAVE US.

the truth is bitter
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by namfav(m): 11:35am On Nov 12, 2011
guerilla war is very dangerous and in future we will see it if the americans enter, the south cannot protect itself against it, just look how the governments in mali and niger are struggling with the tuareg uprising, the whole point is that aqim now has weapons from libya, they will use it to arm anyone who needs them, america cannot afford to be in nigeria for more than a year, war costs american hundreds of millions a week, who is supposed to pay that? you? for a war you can't win? when america is gone and when bombs are being planted in enugu and imo as repirsals who will you run to?

PointB:

@La faria,
Who owned  the Libya military? Quadaffi or the Libyan people?

Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by goggs(m): 11:37am On Nov 12, 2011
Well, I dont think the Americans wil deploy troops on the ground for a full scale war. Americans have no stomach for it. i think it will be more of intelligence training, and surveillance assistance eg satellite surveillance, intelligence processing and advisors.

The American understand the risks of putting men on the ground. Many Nigerians, not just northerners or muslims will oppose. We still have pride na. But assistance is no harm. Was it not sometime ago that the Isrealis offered counter terrorism help and trained some police and SS people? Canada did the same so did US.

The Nigerian security apparatus is facing a new challenge, they need all the help they can get, but it must be  done with the sensibilities of the citizen so we dont create fresh problems. Especially when the world knows that  the US seldom give their time and expertise for free. I am sure the Government is aware of this.
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 12, 2011
Which sovereign nation , these days, and with all that has transpired globally, would welcome America on it soil deployed against insurgency? The minute you 'invite' America to 'help' is the minute your Nation become the new arena to fight the "infidel imperialists" . You diasporan rabble rousers have the luxury of saying what you want but this move , in reality , will be bad for Nigeria. Boko Haram will get massive support , financial and human, from virtually every terrorist group opposed to the "imperialist" ways of the USA.

We can only imagine the potential chaos in a Nation pre-disposed poorly to confronting this type of problem because of how the basics , as per intelligence collation and adequate readiness for geurilla type warfare, are non-existent. How much success did the allies have in 'taming' Iraq or Afghanistan? I still doubt that GEJ will allow this to happen. He is not a good leader but I can't believe he is so myopic he won't see the problems this will throw up with how virtually all radical terrorists groups will then deem Nigeria , with majority muslim population according to statistics, as supportive of America's essentially "Christian crusade" ideology as popularised by George Bush Jr.

We have a large muslim population and , if this go down, it will be interpreted , even by moderate muslims, as GEJ inviting "the most anti-Islamic nation on earth" to "slaughter muslims in their own Nation".

Why not simply do what is best, easiest and far less destabilizing i.e go after the sponsors of Boko Haram you have told us are already identified to include a "former head of State"
Wow. Gbawe, Thank you for this. A lot.
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 12, 2011
I truely can not understand some people's comment here.Nigeria is already at WAR and becoming desolate.And we turn to say the US coming would aggravate an already aggravated situation? One of the best yoruba proverb I keep each time I deal with tough situation " Fifo la ma n fo igba to o se shi" My spelling may be wrong as I am not a yoruba,but it means "a tough calabash that refuse opening must be broken"
We all want to go our different ways so what are we scared off about the coming of the Americans?

I beg this guys should come quickly,I prefer the Americans to come steal the so called oil,while causing more confusion which I believe is a billion times better than the Boko Haram mode of operation. Peace comes at great cost,the Americans should come so that the Boko Harams and the far north should tell us who between the south and the Americans are truely the infidel and their enemy
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by Konjour(m): 11:57am On Nov 12, 2011
Its funny people are personalizing the oil,they're coming for "our" oil again grin grin grin making it look as if the Americans are just coming in into

Nigeria for the 1st time. Perhaps,if the Nigerian government had treated its citizenry like it was "our" oil accordingly,maybe there might not

have been so many militants and terrorists in Nigeria in the 1st place. The oil in Nigeria has not made the life of an average Nigerian better

than the lives of lots of non-oil producing nations,the oil pump prices,i heard,are going to shoot up next year again,so i wouldn't be

perturbed about Americans coming to steal "our" oil. If they could succeed in alleviating the threats posed by Boko Haram to Nigerians,they'd

have done more for most Nigerians than the government has done with the oil and the revenue it generates.
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by coded777: 11:59am On Nov 12, 2011
Whatever jor . .
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 12, 2011
All the islamic terrorists in this thread and beyond are in panic state. They haven't even arrived and you people are already looking for compromise. Wait till the guided tomahawk missiles fired from 2000 KM away off the atlantic ocean start levelling your houses while you are asleep in the night and you would witness the true face of terror. Drones also don't kill a single person, they level rows of buildings. LMAO!!! Keep sympathizing with terrorists.

If you think the world would sit around and watch while you islamists destroy civilization and humanity, you are in for a rude awakening. Scums.
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by AfroBlue(m): 12:22pm On Nov 12, 2011
Don't be surprised if you find out too late who is really financing BH for ulterior motives. The military industrial complex plays both sides of conflict to make war, and sell weapons, destroy nations and then rebuild them.

Eritrea: We can't supply Somali militants weapons
NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) — Eritrea's ambassador to Kenya said Friday that there is no proof to back allegations that Eritrea supplied three planeloads of weapons to al-Qaida-linked militants in Somalia being pursued by the Kenyan army.
Beyene Russom told The Associated Press that it would be impossible for the small, East Africa country to supply weapons because it is under a U.N. arms embargo and is being monitored by the U.S. government and the U.N.
"We can't do that because it is a very complicated operation," Russom said. "We do not have the capacity to bring three planes in two days, crossing the airspace of Djibouti, crossing the Red Sea and entering the Indian Ocean and entering Somalia airspace, unloading and flying back in this highly militarized area."

http://news.yahoo.com/eritrea-cant-supply-somali-militants-weapons-123216392.html

Pentagon’s Black Budget Tops $56 Billion
http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2010/02/pentagons-black-budget-tops-56-billion/

CIA Caught Giving Weapons To Terrorists

http://coupmedia.org/terror-threats/cia-caught-giving-weapons-to-terrorists-1402

War is good for business , Military Industrial Complex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GglCzLUCeng
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 12, 2011
if u ask me, we need peace more than we need oil! So we need d US ARMY. Its only a mutual benefit and d oil belongs to ND and we ain't complainin, so chill. we dnt want to stain our hands wit aboki blood, let d US come and clean up d mess. We can afford it. We d ND hav too many ways to treat aboki F-up.  Accordin to d chinese '' BOKO HARAM neva chin chon chin''
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by sley4life(m): 12:37pm On Nov 12, 2011
They should mind their biz. If our military cant handle boko
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by justwise(m): 12:50pm On Nov 12, 2011
Afro_Blue:

Don't be surprised if you find out too late who is really financing BH for ulterior motives. The military industrial complex plays both sides of conflict to make war, and sell weapons, destroy nations and then rebuild them.

Eritrea: We can't supply Somali militants weapons
NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) — Eritrea's ambassador to Kenya said Friday that there is no proof to back allegations that Eritrea supplied three planeloads of weapons to al-Qaida-linked militants in Somalia being pursued by the Kenyan army.
Beyene Russom told The Associated Press that it would be impossible for the small, East Africa country to supply weapons because it is under a U.N. arms embargo and is being monitored by the U.S. government and the U.N.
"We can't do that because it is a very complicated operation," Russom said. "We do not have the capacity to bring three planes in two days, crossing the airspace of Djibouti, crossing the Red Sea and entering the Indian Ocean and entering Somalia airspace, unloading and flying back in this highly militarized area."

http://news.yahoo.com/eritrea-cant-supply-somali-militants-weapons-123216392.html

Pentagon’s Black Budget Tops $56 Billion
http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2010/02/pentagons-black-budget-tops-56-billion/

CIA Caught Giving Weapons To Terrorists

http://coupmedia.org/terror-threats/cia-caught-giving-weapons-to-terrorists-1402

War is good for business , Military Industrial Complex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GglCzLUCeng

Did you read that link before you gave it misleading title?
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by Horus(m): 12:51pm On Nov 12, 2011
Inviting US Military in Nigeria will create more terrorism. This will attract the Islamic maghreb terrorists (AQIM), and al-Shabaab from Somalia to come to Nigeria to help Boko Haram. They will take new recruits and plan terrorist attacks on Nigerian cities in the South, (Lagos, Port Harcourt, etc). They will go after "soft targets" by sending  suicide bombers in crowded shopping mall, markets and bus transport. If US Military come in Nigeria you can say "good bye" to peace. Dont allow the Americans in Nigeria.
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by playmode(m): 12:55pm On Nov 12, 2011
Gbawe:

Which sovereign nation , these days, and with all that has transpired globally, would welcome America on it soil deployed against insurgency? The minute you 'invite' America to 'help' is the minute your Nation become the new arena to fight the "infidel imperialists" . You diasporan rabble rousers have the luxury of saying what you want but this move , in reality , will be bad for Nigeria. Boko Haram will get massive support , financial and human, from virtually every terrorist group opposed to the "imperialist" ways of the USA.

We can only imagine the potential chaos in a Nation pre-disposed poorly to confronting this type of problem because of how the basics , as per intelligence collation and adequate readiness for geurilla type warfare, are non-existent. How much success did the allies have in 'taming' Iraq or Afghanistan? I still doubt that GEJ will allow this to happen. He is not a good leader but I can't believe he is so myopic he won't see the problems this will throw up with how virtually all radical terrorists groups will then deem Nigeria , with majority muslim population according to statistics, as supportive of America's essentially "Christian crusade" ideology as popularised by George Bush Jr.

We have a large muslim population and , if this go down, it will be interpreted , even by moderate muslims, as GEJ inviting "the most anti-Islamic nation on earth" to "slaughter muslims in their own Nation".

Why not simply do what is best, easiest and far less destabilizing i.e go after the sponsors of Boko Haram you have told us are already identified to include a "former head of State"

You Sir are always on point,well said.The USA has no interest in going after the boko haram sponsors because they probably funded those sponsors through their numerous covert ops.This is the New World Order ,it is here to stay and there is nothing we can do about it.Many people are still blinded by the blue white red stripes that they do not realize the potential danger this move posses to the ordinary Nigerian who does not have an escape route when the poo hits the fan.

It is obvious that Nigerians will never wake up so i will suggest to those who are aware of the truth to make back up plans for their family members to escape to safety when the attacks become unbearable.
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by redsun(m): 12:58pm On Nov 12, 2011
A country that can not fight its own fight is not a country.
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by Wexelion(m): 12:59pm On Nov 12, 2011
Nigeria is in big mess cos iraq and other anti-american groups might help funding the Boko boys. shocked
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by Wexelion(m): 1:03pm On Nov 12, 2011
playmode:

You Sir are always on point,well said.The USA has no interest in going after the boko haram sponsors because they probably funded those sponsors through their numerous covert ops.This is the New World Order ,it is here to stay and there is nothing we can do about it.Many people are still blinded by the blue white red stripes that they do not realize the potential danger this move posses to the ordinary Nigerian who does not have an escape route when the poo hits the fan.

It is obvious that Nigerians will never wake up so i will suggest to those who are aware of the truth to make back up plans for their family members to escape to safety when the attacks become unbearable.

Rightly said, how do i get an American visa,let me start preparing.
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by justwise(m): 1:09pm On Nov 12, 2011
I really hope this news is true, i can't wait to see US drones hitting targets and blowing some fools up.

They can take the ''oil'', what have we done with the oil anyway, the oil is actually a curse to Nigeria, so who cares!!!
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by btlasisi(m): 1:14pm On Nov 12, 2011
The picture is becoming clearer now.

For record purpose Nigeria is the only country in the world that help others truly without considering what they stand to gain. Others don't not even America will help without considering their gains

For the Nairalanders that believe their messiah have come to help them fight terror they will bite their fingers at the end of the movie the Americans are about to show us.

I weep for the future of this Nation
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by Wexelion(m): 1:21pm On Nov 12, 2011
Konjour:

Its funny people are personalizing the oil,they're coming for "our" oil again grin grin grin making it look as if the Americans are just coming in into

Nigeria for the 1st time. Perhaps,if the Nigerian government had treated its citizenry like it was "our" oil accordingly,maybe there might not

have been so many militants and terrorists in Nigeria in the 1st place. The oil in Nigeria has not made the life of an average Nigerian better

than the lives of lots of non-oil producing nations,the oil pump prices,i heard,are going to shoot up next year again,so i wouldn't be

perturbed about Americans coming to steal "our" oil. If they could succeed in alleviating the threats posed by Boko Haram to Nigerians,they'd

have done more for most Nigerians than the government has done with the oil and the revenue it generates.

God bless your entire generation for saying this.
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by chuqudy(m): 1:22pm On Nov 12, 2011
I laugh at the comments of some hausa and yoruba people make here. They say "the US wants to steal our oil."  Is there oil in hausa or yoruba land?
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by btlasisi(m): 1:25pm On Nov 12, 2011
justwise:

I really hope this news is true, i can't wait to see US drones hitting targets and blowing some fools up.

They can take the ''oil'', what have we done with the oil anyway, the oil is actually a curse to Nigeria, so who cares!!!

I am ashamed of you. your ID does not even depict your personalty. I am sure u do not live in this country and that explains your comment.

Mention one county in the world in which America has carried out this type of operation that is at peace today and their security situation now is not worse than it was?

I do hope your family and other Innocent people families will not be mistakenly blown up in the process.
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by namfav(m): 1:26pm On Nov 12, 2011
there is oil in nigeria, and hausa and yoruba land belong to nigeria

chuqudy:

I laugh at the comments of some hausa and yoruba people make here. They say "the US wants to steal our oil."  Is there oil in hausa or yoruba land?
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by Allwell(m): 1:28pm On Nov 12, 2011
Fellow countrymen, don't be deceived. You cannot separate the US and sweet crude. They've got Libya now they want Naija, all sources of light crude.  
Me: 'em Mr Obama, why don't you go to Venuezela and free the good ppl of Venuezela from Chavez?  
Obama: No we dont have much interest there. By the way we don't need heavy crude we need ur 9ja light crude!
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by Beaf: 1:29pm On Nov 12, 2011
GEJ bera get the CIA to assist our satellite guys to turn our two space assets into full time almajiri haram trackers.
Where is the welcome party for US drones gonna be held, chilled odeku's for everyone! grin

I can just imagine them "Pakistani style messages" hitting the desert.
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by chuqudy(m): 1:36pm On Nov 12, 2011
namfav:

there is oil in nigeria, and hausa and yoruba land belong to nigeria

But no one is saying "the US want to steal our cows or cattles" but instead it is oil every body is saying.
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by martinosi: 1:40pm On Nov 12, 2011
Beaf:

The US is most welcome. cool
Lets have roast haram for xmas.

U r a MO.ron for the bolded statement.
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by martinosi: 1:43pm On Nov 12, 2011
Ogbonaikenna:

I[b] would prefer the white to take our oil that for a black [/b]

[b]U r a MO.ron for the above statement. [/b]The rubber has is starting to hit the road, and we
will see the Ignorant guys who dont have a glue what is happening surfacing
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by Beaf: 1:44pm On Nov 12, 2011
goggs:

Well, I dont think the Americans wil deploy troops on the ground for a full scale war. Americans have no stomach for it. i think it will be more of intelligence training, and surveillance assistance eg satellite surveillance, intelligence processing and advisors.

The American understand the risks of putting men on the ground. Many Nigerians, not just northerners or muslims will oppose. We still have pride na. But assistance is no harm. Was it not sometime ago that the Isrealis offered counter terrorism help and trained some police and SS people? Canada did the same so did US.

The Nigerian security apparatus is facing a new challenge, they need all the help they can get, but it must be  done with the sensibilities of the citizen so we dont create fresh problems. Especially when the world knows that  the US seldom give their time and expertise for free. I am sure the Government is aware of this.

Nigeria is not asking the US for free help, rather it is the US that is begining to feel threatened by the antics of boko haram and the need to stop al qaeda fully establishing in Nigeria. In other words, they would invite themselves in whether we like it or not, so it is better for us to manage them before that day.

Even if we refuse to pay the US, they would still attack boko haram from Djibouti, because they cannot afford the day boko haram get powerful enough to start bombing the oil industry (neither can we). Nigeria supplies 15% of the America's oil, dat one no be moi-moi and is worth fighting for; a 15% drop in oil supply would have negative consequences for the US economy, that makes our oil industry a target for al qaeda. It also makes the powerful US a very useful ally against boko harm.
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by justwise(m): 1:45pm On Nov 12, 2011
btlasisi:

I am ashamed of you. your ID does not even depict your personalty. I am sure u do not live in this country and that explains your comment.

Mention one county in the world in which America has carried out this type of operation that is at peace today and their security situation now is not worse than it was?

I do hope your family and other Innocent people families will not be mistakenly blown up in the process.

Don't be ashamed of me, be ashamed of yourself, the US is not coming to start any war, the war is on already, BH started it long ago, the Nigeria govt hasn't done anything to stop the killing. So get your mouth out from BH's backside and face the reality.

You can't negotiate with BH, Nigeria govt can't meet their demands, so they need to be hunted and killed as they have being killing thousands.
Re: US Military To Help Fight Boko Haram by martinosi: 1:49pm On Nov 12, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Chevron, BP, Schlaumberger . . . . already companies based in the west and already drilling and processing oil in Nigeria. So how in the world will US steal your oil when you have had the west in your backyard since the beginning?  And how does this equate to INVASION the US/WEST has been training and helping train your armed forces, and police since before your mothers and fathers even thought of you?

The US/WEST has been in Nigeria for decades. . . . long before your 'conspiracy theory' minds even developed, but now you want to turn this into some story about invasion? Those of you still deluding yourselves that there is still something out there left for the WEST to steal from you, I say you snap out of that delusion. They have touched it all and you are no longer special. You are no afghanistan or Iraq. Nigeria was opened up and sliced apart back before 1960's.

Look you need to STFU NOW, this aiight the time for your ignorant Bullshi***, the cards are clear on
the table and the US military footprint has begun to be developed in Africa, so dont talk like a Mo.ron here,
Dont you have relatives and friends in Nigeria STOP TALKING SH** this aiight time for you
weak minded reasoning,

Look at my Previous Post in march 2010, i said this was going to happen, and for clearity i gonna be
posting portions of what i said last year so you have no excuse to talk senseless here,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BREAKING | APC Disowns Philip Obin, Blacklists @apcnigeria Twitter Handle / FG Moves To Ban Trucks On Lagos/ibadan Highway, Goods To be Moved By Rail / Governor Dapo Abiodun Commissions 100 Vehicles And 200 Bikes For Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.