Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) (47736 Views)

₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe / Two Hundred Naira Well Spent(photo) / Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira (2) (3) (4)

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by NFBI: 8:55am On Feb 28
Why is it brown
Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Greenfusion: 8:56am On Feb 28
This one big na,

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Houseontherock1: 8:57am On Feb 28
Hmm

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Mikuni(m): 8:57am On Feb 28
C
Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by scholes23(m): 8:57am On Feb 28
Zonefree:
That fufu is still big for N100 na
Come again
Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Primusinterpares(m): 8:57am On Feb 28
My brother. . The Mata tire me

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by scholes23(m): 8:58am On Feb 28
Mikuni:
C

For cum
Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Rapht933: 8:58am On Feb 28
the same size I bought ₦400
Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Toluwanise247(m): 8:58am On Feb 28
10naira before

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:58am On Feb 28
incandescentena:
Sane countries
Go to the grassroots market Square where hardship is ravaging people and tell them using a megaphone that they must buy a wrap of fufu for £1 (N1,900) because it is sold like that in UK.

I want to check something

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Adakintroy: 8:59am On Feb 28
You all are in fasting season. By fasting I mean hard season. No be by saying I be street boy. This type of season always emerge in nature. It neither good or bad. It's what it is.

If not for the fact that all this nonsense preachers always teach nonsense about how fasting brings breakthroughs you would have been proper prep up for this times. Fasting prepares you for difficult yrs to come mentally. If you emerge on the other side unskade, you are a tougher being. .

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by juwoonn(m): 8:59am On Feb 28
You get luck. That one big seff

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Sonnobax15(m): 9:00am On Feb 28
lipsrsealed
I used to buy akpu before I sat my assss down and I found an alternative...... Imagine buying #500 akpu and I no still dey belleful.....

So these days,I measure like three cups of garri and make....I no dey fit dey eat am finish self.........Life na all about calculation now for the country...

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by EWIN(m): 9:00am On Feb 28
What do you expect? Are you supposed to buy Akpu when u have empty land at your backyard. We are pursuing paper money nah,,who go farm for u,,,

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by cjfavour(m): 9:01am On Feb 28
Nonsense and ingredients.
Watianoengineer:
Still reasonable, if Peter Obi had won, this portion of fufu would likely sell for 300 due to his inexperience in handling the economy. May God bless president Bola Tinubu and give him strength to fulfill his renewed hope agenda. It shall end in praise and we shall all smile at the end of these reforms. This renewed Hope will Favor me and my Family. Amen

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Ventura1: 9:02am On Feb 28
Go and farm cassava and process it to produce Akpu yourself. There's nothing stopping you from exploring the opportunity.
Rapmoney:
I went to the market to buy Akpu two days ago because I was very hungry for swallow food but the size of 100 Naira Akpu (fufu) has been giving me sleepless nights. This used to be my favourite swallow. I kept turning on the bed restlessly last night each time I remembered the size of Akpu that goes for 100 Naira now.

Abeg, wetin dey happen for Naija? Abi na to migrate to Gambia or Gabon? I don't really know what this country is turning into.

na so the size of 100 Naira Akpu be for una area?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 9:02am On Feb 28
Typical Nigerian business pattern...!

They either reduce the quantity and quality while maintaining the old price... Or increase the price while maintaining the quantity (not necessarily quality).

Some go as far as diminishing quality and quantity while hiking prices... Vicks Blue sweet I bought last 2 weeks contained half sweet at twice the price, with diminished quality. undecided

You can't and shouldn't blame them... They have to make adjustments like these to keep their businesses afloat in this dying economy.

I'm still aghast at how Spaghetti went from 80 - 100 Naira a few years ago to the current 700 - 900 Naira... What are the poor eating these days??! cry

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Malroux: 9:03am On Feb 28
Houseontherock1:

You are so right...but these people will never compare the wages and salary in those countries with naija!
Even without the salary and wages, do those countries cultivate cassava the way we do here? Come to my village and see how they cultivate cassava everywhere.

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Silentgroper(m): 9:03am On Feb 28
Rapmoney:
I went to the market to buy Akpu two days ago because I was very hungry for swallow food but the size of 100 Naira Akpu (fufu) has been giving me sleepless nights. This used to be my favourite swallow. I kept turning on the bed restlessly last night each time I remembered the size of Akpu that goes for 100 Naira now.

Abeg, wetin dey happen for Naija? Abi na to migrate to Gambia or Gabon? I don't really know what this country is turning into.

omoh thiscesn still big oo ...

Make you com see the size of the wey I dey chop for Ibadan na .. you go shock...

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Feldie: 9:04am On Feb 28
I just can't stand the word 'swallow' were you supposed to inject it before? Yam, eba, rice any food that's not liquid is to be swallowed. It's either eba or ema what the fucck is "swallow"?

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by oluxy(m): 9:04am On Feb 28
Rapmoney:

The one you have is big compared to the ones here.
Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by fitinwell: 9:04am On Feb 28
incandescentena:
Sane countries

Oyinbo sef too get wahala .., Wetin Label dey find for Fufu wrapper.. with Nutrition composition break down.., undecided

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by goodman5(m): 9:05am On Feb 28
[Muguquote author=Watianoengineer post=128684713] Still reasonable, if Peter Obi had won, this portion of fufu would likely sell for 300 due to his inexperience in handling the economy. May God bless president Bola Tinubu and give him strength to fulfill his renewed hope agenda. It shall end in praise and we shall all smile at the end of these reforms. This renewed Hope will Favor me and my Family. Amen [/quote]
Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by yusufadebayo02(m): 9:07am On Feb 28

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Silentgroper(m): 9:07am On Feb 28
Rapht933:
the same size I bought ₦400

Cap
Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Mandesz(m): 9:07am On Feb 28
You zoomed the pic or what because this looks big.
Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Zeebuy: 9:09am On Feb 28
BubblyFlame:
I weep deeply in my soul. If akpu can be affected too, no hope is left
hahahahahahhahahsahshahahah
Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by ulysses: 9:10am On Feb 28
Lelaxxxxxx.....On your mandate we stand again!!
Rapmoney:

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by paskal16: 9:10am On Feb 28
incandescentena:
Sane countries

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:10am On Feb 28
Malroux:
Onanuga and BATists will tell you that this particular size is 56 thousand naira in Ghana so you should be happy to buy it at hundred naira here. What an amazing people.
They will even tell him to endure the hunger and the pains now so that he will reap the rewards of Tinubu presidency later. They are amazingly wicked people.

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Dayus04007(m): 9:11am On Feb 28
I bought that same size at 200 here in Lagos

Deliver Fruit And Vegetables Basket To Your Door Steps / Bush Meat Versus Chicken? / ABCs Of Cake Making