Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) (47735 Views)

₦100 Akpu Costs ₦1,687 In Europe / Two Hundred Naira Well Spent(photo) / Bought A Tin Of Peak Milk And Milo For Four Thousand Seven Hundred Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 9:11am On Feb 28
Stephen0mozzy:
Bought this same size for #200 yesterday with tears in my eyes. Your own even fill your palm.

The werey quoting santana at £1 🀬🀬🀬. What is the minimum wage per hour in UK?
What's the minimum wage per hour in Nigeria?

30k / 30days == 1k / day
1k / 8hrs == #125

The average worker's 1hour of work can't even buy one santana

At least, 1 Pound can buy you something of value over there...!

Ask the idiot what #1, even #20 can purchase in his country.

2 Likes

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by amstamon: 9:11am On Feb 28
incandescentena:
Sane countries
And how much do they earn par hour?
Pls no forget to convert it to naira also o

1 Like

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Cti28(m): 9:12am On Feb 28
incandescentena:
Sane countries
1 =1
1 is not equal to 1900
Atleast, 1Β£ can buy 1 wrap of fufu. What can1# buy in today's economy.

What is the purchasing power of Naira when compared to its counterpart, pounds and dollar?
Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 9:13am On Feb 28
incandescentena:
Sane countries
Post their minimum wage also.
Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Usmanovic95(m): 9:13am On Feb 28
incandescentena:
Sane countries

Very cheap for anyone earning in pounds.

1 Like

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by ajimo54(m): 9:13am On Feb 28
Rapmoney:
I went to the market to buy Akpu two days ago because I was very hungry for swallow food but the size of 100 Naira Akpu (fufu) has been giving me sleepless nights. This used to be my favourite swallow. I kept turning on the bed restlessly last night each time I remembered the size of Akpu that goes for 100 Naira now.

Abeg, wetin dey happen for Naija? Abi na to migrate to Gambia or Gabon? I don't really know what this country is turning into.

na so the size of 100 Naira Akpu be for una area?

I cannot finish two of them. Eat sparingly Nigerians! Una too like food!
Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 9:14am On Feb 28
BubblyFlame:
I weep deeply in my soul. If akpu can be affected too, no hope is left

You are talking about Akpu... Even Pure Water is becoming a luxury for average citizens.

In a nation where clean and potable drinking water becomes expensive, what else is left?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Oghene86: 9:15am On Feb 28
Malroux:
Onanuga and BATists will tell you that this particular size is 56 thousand naira in Ghana so you should be happy to buy it at hundred naira here. What an amazing people.

That is the most annoying thing, when they start comparing things in Nigeria to other countries

1 Like

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by annyz: 9:16am On Feb 28
Take it to National Assembly
Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by inikamoze(m): 9:16am On Feb 28
If I slap your kidney, ₦250 fufu wey dem sell for you for ₦100 and you still dey complain.

1 Like

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by scoobyblogspot(m): 9:17am On Feb 28
Even this one is big sev.. come to my area . That thing is 2hundred naira

1 Like

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Donedeal1(m): 9:17am On Feb 28
Still very big enough.

1 Like

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by skj1377(m): 9:17am On Feb 28
It's big. You need to see the size in VI lagos

1 Like

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by 1972xy: 9:17am On Feb 28
Rapmoney:
I went to the market to buy Akpu two days ago because I was very hungry for swallow food but the size of 100 Naira Akpu (fufu) has been giving me sleepless nights. This used to be my favourite swallow. I kept turning on the bed restlessly last night each time I remembered the size of Akpu that goes for 100 Naira now.

Abeg, wetin dey happen for Naija? Abi na to migrate to Gambia or Gabon? I don't really know what this country is turning into.

it is dollar that is affecting the planting of cassava. It is really affecting farmers to farm and produce more cassava for more akpu .

1 Like

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by aylive02(m): 9:18am On Feb 28
incandescentena:
Sane countries
. But you're insane

2 Likes

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by seunayantokun(m): 9:18am On Feb 28
You need to do special celebration for this o. It's just too cheap, please.

1 Like

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Ekaette1621990: 9:18am On Feb 28
Malroux:
Onanuga and BATists will tell you that this particular size is 56 thousand naira in Ghana so you should be happy to buy it at hundred naira here. What an amazing people.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I laugh in Swahili
Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Fryx: 9:19am On Feb 28
Rapmoney:

I do order my swallow from 2 canteen.

The first one, the size is almost as big as yours for 200. But the thing smells horribly.

The second one is way more smaller (half of the first) for 200 also. It doesn’t have any strong smell and was well prepared.

I prefer the later.

It depends on your choice. No be the food vendor fault.
Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Mrbenny001: 9:21am On Feb 28
incandescentena:
Sane countries
even though fufu is not UK product, you will buy 2000 fufu with minimum wage at that price in UK, but in Nigeria minimum wage will only get you 300 fufu at d rate of 100 naira even though d fufu is made here, you people too mumu

2 Likes

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 9:25am On Feb 28
Watianoengineer:
Still reasonable, if Peter Obi had won, this portion of fufu would likely sell for 300 due to his inexperience in handling the economy. May God bless president Bola Tinubu and give him strength to fulfill his renewed hope agenda. It shall end in praise and we shall all smile at the end of these reforms. This renewed Hope will Favor me and my Family. Amen

I thought Atiku came second?
Why una no dey ever mention am instead of Obi?

2 Likes

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by FireUpNow(m): 9:27am On Feb 28
incandescentena:
Sane countries

So it should be sold for Β£1 or it's equipment in Nigeria?
Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Typing: 9:29am On Feb 28
This is 300 Akpu here in Onitsha. Things are too expensive here

1 Like

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by sfinkzslot(m): 9:29am On Feb 28
Rapmoney:
the size of 100 Naira Akpu (fufu) has been giving me sleepless nights.
cut in 4 lumps and thats it, omo!
Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Mavinsoladele(m): 9:30am On Feb 28
Rapmoney:

🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

This made my day

2 Likes

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Deogratiasfx: 9:30am On Feb 28
Abolodje:
This akpu, 5 no dey belleful me at once again

Oboy
Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Malroux: 9:31am On Feb 28
TOPCRUISE:

They will even tell him to endure the hunger now so that he will reap the rewards of Tinubu presidency later. They are amazingly wicked people.
Too bad we are staying in the same country with them.

2 Likes

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by VinnyBaba: 9:31am On Feb 28
Angelfrost:
Typical Nigerian business pattern...!

They either reduce the quantity and quality while maintaining the old price... Or increase the price while maintaining the quantity (not necessarily quality).

Some go as far as diminishing quality and quantity while hiking prices... Vicks Blue sweet I bought last 2 weeks contained half sweet at twice the price, with diminished quality. undecided

You can't and shouldn't blame them... They have to make adjustments like these to keep their businesses afloat in this dying economy.

I'm still aghast at how Spaghetti went from 80 - 100 Naira a few years ago to the current 700 - 900 Naira... What are the poor eating these days??! cry

When I was in Delsu, Abraka around 2011, it was N120. smiley

Then, my two pals and I would buy it as we are coming from Lecture and cook Spaghetti jollof. cool

The DAMAGES APC did to this country is Immeasurable. embarassed undecided

1 Like

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by jumper524(m): 9:32am On Feb 28
Rapmoney:

let's be honest, that size of Akpu stayed #50 for a long while even when dollar was 360, the producers really tried to maintain it at that point compared to other business.

1 Like

Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Nairalander248: 9:33am On Feb 28
Zonefree:
That fufu is still big for N100 na
Fufu seller and producer weldone
Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Bimpe29: 9:37am On Feb 28
brain54:
Na the real swallow be this...

Na to swallow am in one lump Abi gulp then use water fill the remaining space.

That's the real restructuring!
Haba!

grin grin grin
Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Resurgent2016: 9:39am On Feb 28
EWIN:
What do you expect? Are you supposed to buy Akpu when u have empty land at your backyard. We are pursuing paper money nah,,who go farm for u,,,

The batish have dropped another update.

Everyone go into part time farming if you cannot afford food

Probably also start doing trade by barter so someone who plants cassava can exchange with someone who planted pepper
Re: The Size Of Hundred Naira Akpu Is Giving Me Sleepless Nights (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 9:44am On Feb 28
VinnyBaba:

When I was in Delsu, Abraka around 2011, it was N120. smiley

Then, my two pals and I would buy it as we are coming from Lecture and cook Spaghetti jollof. cool

The DAMAGES APC did to this country is Immeasurable. embarassed undecided

120 in 2011??! Dem cheat una.

I was buying it 75 - 80 Naira back then.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Deliver Fruit And Vegetables Basket To Your Door Steps / Bush Meat Versus Chicken? / ABCs Of Cake Making

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.