Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today (23688 Views)

Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN / 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today / NCC To Sanction Telecom Operators For ‘call Masking’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by lexy2014: 8:40pm On Feb 28
malali:

There is no country in the world where you can have a functional cell phone with no identity trace.
If you can text the president of Nigeria on your cell phone. The country deserves to know who you are and where you are.
Security 101.

how does that answer my question?

in what way is blocking people's line for NIN a good decision?

2 Likes

Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by Emekayoung(m): 8:43pm On Feb 28
Oya na make una block about 40% of Nigerians wey no get NIN.
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by CSTRR: 8:44pm On Feb 28
I have tried to link my sim online, mtn is telling me that NIN verification in progress for more than a month.

Now, the only option is to go to their office and I don't have time.

Useless country.
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by Emekayoung(m): 8:45pm On Feb 28
Mubiola360:
you are the fool here man. Everything should be working simultaneously, you don't have to pend one for one. This must be put into consideration for it help in data outsourcing and also help regarding security and policing of the citizens.
Learn!
You are more than f00lish to say that,he is making valid point but a blind bat like you can't see it.
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by Elidrisy20: 8:46pm On Feb 28
If una like make una saize their phones
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by ambale(m): 8:47pm On Feb 28
Why do we love displaying priorities in this country sef?

NCC have never held the telcos for their poor services imagine a telco giant going off for a whole day and you care about is NIN linkage as if they even have anything meaningful to do with it

2 Likes

Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by Simplemeeeee: 8:49pm On Feb 28
You are the slowpoke here. So you want every other sectors of country and economy to shut down because you are hungry abi? Olodo 🤡

Lalami3232:
People dey talk about survival, these clueless morons dey talk about sim registration.
Initially una talk say una go use this NIN take track down terrorist and kidnappers but we never see the result. Nigeria na the only country wey go get good initiative but the result of that initiative go be catastrophic.
What do I even know sef? Make I enlighten my fellow men before leaving this thread.

Oga if you no meet your wife as a virgin, oga go for DNA test oooooo because boreholes aka non-virgins can't be trusted
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by MasterTeeUSA: 8:55pm On Feb 28
Let me try again

--- NIN is linked to SIM.
--- You ping numbers which is attached to individual sim
--- the sim can then be used to identify the person or persons because sim is linked to NIN

Yes, the Govt uses this technology to track different types of crimes. You can read it up...do not be lazy. We have the infrastructure in place...its the same reason your BVN and NIN is linked to your bank account. In the US, they link these to your Social Security Number...stop complaining and learn about best practices.

lexy2014:

off point.

do you need NIN to ping numbers?

where are u getting the 12 people you are pinging?

so how many Nigerians have been rescued from kidnappers by pinging and with NIN?

so apart from this, what else?

how can NIN help with proceeds of crimes?

which crimes exactly?
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by MichealOlajide: 8:59pm On Feb 28
fools
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by MikaelDare(m): 9:05pm On Feb 28
Mrchibobo:
Am I the only one finding it difficult to link my Airtel SIM?
No. I linked mine initially and it was confirmed linked. Then later they Started telling me to link it again. I've tried linking to no avail. Now they're telling ne to go to their shops where I am expected to pay to link it. So sad.

1 Like

Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by udemzyudex(m): 9:08pm On Feb 28
Lol.. Dem this one wey no serious.
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by lexy2014: 9:09pm On Feb 28
MasterTeeUSA:
Let me try again

--- NIN is linked to SIM.
--- You ping numbers which is attached to individual sim
--- the sim can then be used to identify the person or persons because sim is linked to NIN

Yes, the Govt uses this technology to track different types of crimes. You can read it up...do not be lazy. We have the infrastructure in place...its the same reason your BVN and NIN is linked to your bank account. In the US, they link these to your Social Security Number...stop complaining and learn about best practices.

off point. notice that the questions are numbered 7. pls try again.

1. do you need NIN to ping numbers?

2. where are u getting the 12 people you are pinging?

3. so how many Nigerians have been rescued from kidnappers by pinging and with NIN?

4. so apart from this, what else?

5. how can NIN help with proceeds of crimes?

6. which crimes exactly?

7. how is social security number the same thing as NIN?

8. what infrastructure are you referring to?
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by AngelPrincess: 9:11pm On Feb 28
Is the banned only on calls or everything from text to data
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by Ameduedwin: 9:16pm On Feb 28
Mrchibobo:
not only you o Airtel is a very useless network.
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by ComeToJesus: 9:16pm On Feb 28
Lalami3232:
People dey talk about survival, these clueless morons dey talk about sim registration.
Initially una talk say una go use this NIN take track down terrorist and kidnappers but we never see the result. Nigeria na the only country wey go get good initiative but the result of that initiative go be catastrophic.
What do I even know sef? Make I enlighten my fellow men before leaving this thread.

Oga if you no meet your wife as a virgin, oga go for DNA test oooooo because boreholes aka non-virgins can't be trusted

This doesn't sound right..
Put some respect on women bro.. They brought all of us to this planet.
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by Eleohjo: 9:18pm On Feb 28
Registered Sims are available every in the market. Those that want to engage in criminal act can easily get one.
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by edungene7: 9:21pm On Feb 28
This country is so inconsiderate when dealing with the masses this clowns in public spaces do not know what an ordinary citizen go through in the hands of all this government agencies like NIMCS on daily basis Nigerians are making all efforts to register but the NIMCS officers are frustrating the efforts so that people can come through the back door and pay homage imagine having one working computer system in the entire Local government council same for enrollment and modifications I queued from 8am to 3PM only to be told I have an existing NIN through BVN with a date of birth issue that will cost 20k to fix i will have to go to NPC office to get a birth attestation only God knows how much they will charge at the NPC office like this am tired of this country everything is just frustrating
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by abobote: 9:26pm On Feb 28
My sim don kukuma loss
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by jacoik(m): 9:26pm On Feb 28
Mrchibobo:
😂😆 lolxxxxx hahahaha for the past 2 months I have being battling to link mine. If dem block me I go dey use my empty N and Glo. I no send anybody
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by okechuks22: 9:34pm On Feb 28
ghiloman28:
It can only get better. Nigeria will be Great 🇳🇬
idiots every where
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by Lightened: 9:47pm On Feb 28
Una must be madt...stupid egocentric psychopath people. Frustrating the masses anyhow.

With all the submissions and unnecessary updates, how many kidnappers have you use it to catch? Mumu idiots!
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by ghiloman28(m): 9:53pm On Feb 28
Who be this slave
okechuks22:
idiots every where
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by Colson(m): 9:53pm On Feb 28
AngelPrincess:
Is the banned only on calls or everything from text to data
everything...
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by FireUpNow(m): 9:56pm On Feb 28
Hunger dey wire people na sim card una dey talk about. The most annoying thing is that useless GLO that is asking old customers to re-register their old lines again. They lies that once you as an old customer with old sim line, you will be given a bonus of 20k to call, browse and send sms . Bloody mofos
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by PHAYOL81: 9:59pm On Feb 28
The reason why we still have to deal with kidnapping and ransom payment is because some sims still operate without being linked to the NIN. Although there are the situation of STOLEN/MISPLACED SIMCARDS getting into the wrong hands too (and thus becoming a tool of use for the men of the underworld)but those are minimal. If we can get those sims out of the way, then calls can easily be traced to the callers without hassle and stolen sims can also be traced with little troubles.

Good one there from the NCC.

I RISE

lexy2014:

so it is strictly because of SIMs not linked to NIN that kidnapping still persists?

are there SIMs that can make call that have not been barred from making calls?

we were told that NIN is needed to stop kidnapping, 419 and corruption.

how has NIN stopped these vices?

@lexi the answer to some of your questions are already in the post ye quoted, go read,the post carefully. I understand you have to explain everything to the finest details for an OBIDIENT cause of the level of IQ so I'll expantiate a little further. Of course yes, there are plenty of sims not yet linked to NIN. If you open up your mind, you'd have seen complaints on this same thread already of people who find it difficult to link their sims to their NIN for various reasons. They're not alone, they represent tens of thousands of simcards like that but while these ones genuinely aspire to link theirs (that's to accept their various excuses), men of the underworld (kidnappers, yahoo boys, bandits, boko haram members and others)take advantage of the UNIDENTIFIED SIMS to cause havocs. Kidnappers are untraceable because they operate with unidentified sims. Blocking such would force them to reconsider their fate or risk being exposed as whatever numbers used thereafter can then be traced to the individual who registered it (or in a case of wrong possession, the staff who registered it can be figured and investigation starts from there ). It's a simple logic.
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by MasterTeeUSA: 10:00pm On Feb 28
if you can't figure out the rest...stay ignorant

lexy2014:

off point. notice that the questions are numbered 7. pls try again.

3. so how many Nigerians have been rescued from kidnappers by pinging and with NIN?

6. which crimes exactly?

Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by frog12: 10:04pm On Feb 28
Honestly Nigerian leaders are the worst
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by Sunnyrado: 10:06pm On Feb 28
No Clues Crew. NCC
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by lexy2014: 10:09pm On Feb 28
MasterTeeUSA:
if you can't figure out the rest...stay ignorant

if your answers require figuring out, then they are wrong. and since you are not ignorant, you should not have a hard time destroying these questions.

6. which crimes exactly?

Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by purplekayc(m): 10:11pm On Feb 28
Is this what caused the glitch?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Phone Can I Buy With 140k / NCC Slams N4Million Fine On Innjoo For Selling Substandard Phones / Have U Come Accross Tecno T731, Is It Origin Tecno And Andriod Too

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.