Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today (23683 Views)

Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN / 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today / NCC To Sanction Telecom Operators For ‘call Masking’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by lexy2014: 10:12pm On Feb 28
PHAYOL81:
The reason why we still have to deal with kidnapping and ransom payment is because some sims still operate without being linked to the NIN. Although there are the situation of STOLEN/MISPLACED SIMCARDS getting into the wrong hands too (and thus becoming a tool of use for the men of the underworld)but those are minimal. If we can get those sims out of the way, then calls can easily be traced to the callers without hassle and stolen sims can also be traced with little troubles.

Good one there from the NCC.

I RISE

so it is strictly because of SIMs not linked to NIN that kidnapping still persists?

are there SIMs that can make call that have not been barred from making calls?

we were told that NIN is needed to stop kidnapping, 419 and corruption.

how has NIN stopped these vices?
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by MasterTeeUSA: 10:24pm On Feb 28
lol nice reverse psychology...stay ignorant pls.

lexy2014:

if your answers require figuring out, then they are wrong. and since you are not ignorant, you should not have a hard time destroying these questions.

1. do you need NIN to ping numbers?

2. where are u getting the 12 people you are pinging?

3. so how many Nigerians have been rescued from kidnappers by pinging and with NIN?

4. so apart from this, what else?

5. how can NIN help with proceeds of crimes?

6. which crimes exactly?

7. how is social security number the same thing as NIN?

8. what infrastructure are you referring to?
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by lexy2014: 10:36pm On Feb 28
MasterTeeUSA:
lol nice reverse psychology...stay ignorant pls.

are u acknowledging that you are ignorant?

if your answers require figuring out, then they are wrong. and since you are not ignorant, you should not have a hard time destroying these questions.

1. do you need NIN to ping numbers?

2. where are u getting the 12 people you are pinging?

3. so how many Nigerians have been rescued from kidnappers by pinging and with NIN?

4. so apart from this, what else?

5. how can NIN help with proceeds of crimes?

6. which crimes exactly?

7. how is social security number the same thing as NIN?

8. what infrastructure are you referring to?
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by dklex(m): 11:41pm On Feb 28
Sir, the rules are for the poor, kidnapping is going steady, foolish people they got my glo Sim blocked.
Judolisco:
Link BVN, link NIN... People are still getting kidnapped on daily basis....

1 Like

Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by Fab21: 11:47pm On Feb 28
Abemy:
How about the court order, directing the FG, telecom companies, and NCC not to disconnect any sim, pending the determination of the appeal against the ruling of the lower court?

I also saw it...
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by Cindypresh(f): 2:56am On Feb 29
Omoawoke:
How will people not in Nigeria link theirs?

Omoawoke when did you abandon your darling tinubu renew hope and japa??
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by Omoawoke: 3:32am On Feb 29
Cindypresh:

Omoawoke when did you abandon your darling tinubu renew hope and japa??

Lol, first of all, nothing is abandoned. I still believe things will fall in the right direction
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by tenry(m): 6:52am On Feb 29
My MTN has been blocked. Honestly I dont know what to do now cos I performed same action on both mtn and airtel. How come airtel is not blocked? Something must be wrong somewhere.
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by Cindypresh(f): 7:42am On Feb 29
Omoawoke:

Lol, first of all, nothing is abandoned. I still believe things will fall in the right direction

And you left??

Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by LucemFerre: 9:18am On Feb 29
See these useless incompetent idiots. Just dey chop money no dey do anything
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by luskysylver(m): 10:08am On Feb 29
why cant we conveniently do this in our homes. must we always be crowded in everything we do in this country. Wen we were asked to register for NIM we provided our numbers to that effect. We can also use our registered numbers to check our NIM number with this code here *346#. This means that our number is already linked to our NIM, but as usual Nigeria governmental institutions will always show how senseless they are by coming up always with every nonsense they can come up with just to suffer the masses.

1 Like

Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by anjolaoluwa17o: 10:17am On Feb 29
WW...
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by netmillionaires(m): 10:38am On Feb 29
Airtelis the easiest. I have linked more than 6 airtel lines (including the ones I did for family members). If your line refused to link, then there must be disparities between the info on your Airtel SIM and your NIN.

I registered my MTN line in 2015 but when I checked it on MTN app in 2023, I saw Adeola as the registered name. No wonder it has been pending since. I had to go to MTN office to correct the name before I could link it.

Welrez:
Airtel will lose subscribers, my wife has not been able to link her NIN to her line for reasons best known to Airtel!
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by netmillionaires(m): 10:43am On Feb 29
Blame the roadside hawkers who sell pre-registered SIMs but yet collect your data and further use your data to register more SIMs.

I did my Glo and Airtel right there in my room and they were linked. The only line I had a problem with was my MTN. When I checked the line registered name on my app, it showed Adeola which is not my name. I had to go to MTN office to do the correction.

luskysylver:
Why can't we conveniently do this in our homes. must we always be crowded in everything we do in this country. Wen we were asked to register for NIM we provided our numbers to that effect. We can also use our registered numbers to check our NIM number with this code here *346#. This means that our number is already linked to our NIM, but as usual Nigeria governmental institutions will always show how senseless they are by coming up always with every nonsense they can come up with just to suffer the masses.
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by owem19(m): 11:29am On Feb 29
Well said
Lalami3232:
People dey talk about survival, these clueless morons dey talk about sim registration.
Initially una talk say una go use this NIN take track down terrorist and kidnappers but we never see the result. Nigeria na the only country wey go get good initiative but the result of that initiative go be catastrophic.
What do I even know sef? Make I enlighten my fellow men before leaving this thread.

Oga if you no meet your wife as a virgin, oga go for DNA test oooooo because boreholes aka non-virgins can't be trusted
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by Omoawoke: 1:47pm On Feb 29
Cindypresh:

And you left??

Long before election. tongue my life does not revolve around politics
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by ViceGovernor: 2:30pm On Feb 29
Story.. so you think the networks will be happy to lose money.
You go learn the meaning of sabotage by force.

Mumu people in NCC

1 Like

Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by Emekayoung(m): 3:00pm On Feb 29
MikaelDare:

No. I linked mine initially and it was confirmed linked. Then later they Started telling me to link it again. I've tried linking to no avail. Now they're telling ne to go to their shops where I am expected to pay to link it. So sad.
They want make you pay na 🤣🤣🤣
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by lexy2014: 3:12pm On Feb 29
PHAYOL81:
The reason why we still have to deal with kidnapping and ransom payment is because some sims still operate without being linked to the NIN. Although there are the situation of STOLEN/MISPLACED SIMCARDS getting into the wrong hands too (and thus becoming a tool of use for the men of the underworld)but those are minimal. If we can get those sims out of the way, then calls can easily be traced to the callers without hassle and stolen sims can also be traced with little troubles.

Good one there from the NCC.

I RISE

@lexi the answer to some of your questions are already in the post ye quoted, go read,the post carefully. I understand you have to explain everything to the finest details for an OBIDIENT cause of the level of IQ so I'll expantiate a little further. Of course yes, there are plenty of sims not yet linked to NIN. If you open up your mind, you'd have seen complaints on this same thread already of people who find it difficult to link their sims to their NIN for various reasons. They're not alone, they represent tens of thousands of simcards like that but while these ones genuinely aspire to link theirs (that's to accept their various excuses), men of the underworld (kidnappers, yahoo boys, bandits, boko haram members and others)take advantage of the UNIDENTIFIED SIMS to cause havocs. Kidnappers are untraceable because they operate with unidentified sims. Blocking such would force them to reconsider their fate or risk being exposed as whatever numbers used thereafter can then be traced to the individual who registered it (or in a case of wrong possession, the staff who registered it can be figured and investigation starts from there ). It's a simple logic.

off point. pls try again.

1. so it is strictly because of SIMs not linked to NIN that kidnapping still persists?

2. are there SIMs that can make call that have not been barred from making calls?

3. we were told that NIN is needed to stop kidnapping, 419 and corruption.

4. pls what has "obidient" got to do with the discussion?
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by lexy2014: 3:13pm On Feb 29
Omoawoke:

are you saying you left Nigeria to start a life somewhere else?
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by PHAYOL81: 3:35pm On Feb 29
lexy2014:

off point. pls try again.

1. so it is strictly because of SIMs not linked to NIN that kidnapping still persists?

2. are there SIMs that can make call that have not been barred from making calls?

HOW do you pass out of school if you cant relate a reply with your questions?I bet even your kids would laugh off your level of IQ when they come of age to comprehend this discussion. They say you guys are illiterate but perhaps what they should've said is you're dumb. Damn! I'm getting ashamed now going this low with you. Better go pick your brain where you left it. You're already in bad light without it.
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by lexy2014: 3:38pm On Feb 29
PHAYOL81:

HOW do you pass out of school if you can relate a reply with your questions?I bet even your kids would laugh off your level of IQ when they come of age to comprehend this discussion. They say you guys are illiterate but perhaps what they should've said is you're dumb. Damn! I'm getting ashamed now going this low with you. Better go pick your brain where you left it. You're already in bad light without it.

despite your emotional outburst, the questions still remain unanswered. kindly answer as enumerated.

5. Pls what is the meaning of the highlighted?
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by PHAYOL81: 3:44pm On Feb 29
lexy2014:

despite your emotional outburst, the questions still remain unanswered. kindly answer as enumerated.

CAN'T HELP YOU IF YOUR IQ CAN'T PROCESS SIMPLE REPLY. YOU CAN ALWAYS PAY A TUTOR TO HELP YOU OUT. You cant think yourself and yet can't still understand explanation, I swear your case is unique.
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by lexy2014: 3:47pm On Feb 29
PHAYOL81:

CAN'T HELP YOU IF YOUR IQ CAN'T PROCESS SIMPLE REPLY. YOU CAN ALWAYS PAY A TUTOR TO HELP YOU OUT. You cant think yourself and yet can't still understand explanation, I swear your case is unique.

with all your IQ, am surprised you cant answer simple questions.

PHAYOL81:

HOW do you pass out of school if you can relate a reply with your questions? .

Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by Cindypresh(f): 4:04pm On Feb 29
Omoawoke:

Pls come back permanently, Nigeria is now flowing with milk and honey, you're missing out already 🤗
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by Omoawoke: 4:14pm On Feb 29
Cindypresh:

Pls come back permanently, Nigeria is now flowing with milk and honey, you're missing out already 🤗

Nigeria will be great and there’s nothing like home. I always have my best time when I come to Naija so we want the country to really work
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by Cindypresh(f): 9:30pm On Feb 29
Omoawoke:

Nigeria will be great and there’s nothing like home. I always have my best time when I come to Naija so we want the country to really work

Then come back
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by Austinn316: 7:16pm On Mar 15
edungene7:
This country is so inconsiderate when dealing with the masses this clowns in public spaces do not know what an ordinary citizen go through in the hands of all this government agencies like NIMCS on daily basis Nigerians are making all efforts to register but the NIMCS officers are frustrating the efforts so that people can come through the back door and pay homage imagine having one working computer system in the entire Local government council same for enrollment and modifications I queued from 8am to 3PM only to be told I have an existing NIN through BVN with a date of birth issue that will cost 20k to fix i will have to go to NPC office to get a birth attestation only God knows how much they will charge at the NPC office like this am tired of this country everything is just frustrating

Pls how much were you charged for the attestation? I have the same issue currently
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by edungene7: 9:29pm On Mar 15
Austinn316:

Pls how much were you charged for the attestation? I have the same issue currently
good evening you can get an online attestation from the NPC site for #3,000 plus that was how i got mine i went to surulere i was asked to pay 18,000 naira plus court affidavit and passport i just ran away so you can connect from the Nimcs website to the NPC site
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by Austinn316: 11:12pm On Mar 15
edungene7:
good evening you can get an online attestation from the NPC site for #3,000 plus that was how i got mine i went to surulere i was asked to pay 18,000 naira plus court affidavit and passport i just ran away so you can connect from the Nimcs website to the NPC site

Ok but I heard some local government don’t accept the online attestation only the hardcopy, where we're you able to do capturing pls
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by Austinn316: 9:39am On Mar 16
edungene7:

Also pls my affidavit doesn’t have a barcode, I was told the court affidavit must have a barcode or it won’t work is this true

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Phone Can I Buy With 140k / NCC Slams N4Million Fine On Innjoo For Selling Substandard Phones / How Many Hours Does Your Phone Lasts On Heavy Usage And What Is Your Battery Mah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.