Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today (23654 Views)

Telcos Started Blocking Numbers Not Linked To NIN / 29 Million SIMs Not Yet Linked To NINs As Deadline Expires Today / NCC To Sanction Telecom Operators For ‘call Masking’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by Sonnobax15(m): 7:56pm On Feb 28
:-Xs
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by Segzy19: 7:56pm On Feb 28
Kidnappers and scammers won't like this....
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by juwoonn(m): 7:56pm On Feb 28
All of them are mad..
They said I should send my NIN to a system number via sms which I did... Yet they insist I come to their office. Seh na Dem go pay for my fuel money for inside this Tinubulation economy.

5 Likes

Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by Dougad: 7:56pm On Feb 28
Lmao

My MTN wey no dey linked, MTN useless network don render the sim useless. I kukuma borrow N1000 from them, as the block am, I break the sim

1 Like

Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by MasterTeeUSA: 7:57pm On Feb 28
You can PING numbers to locations...so if 10 people are kidnapped and you PING 12 people to the nearest tower...you can eliminate the victims by matching numbers used, and you can then identify the kidnappers...then track their prior calls to other numbers in order to arrest everyone involved. This is long overdue, and this is how some crimes are solved in sane countries. HOPE is here. It can also help with proceed of crimes...you can investigate financial crimes better if the numbers are linked to NIN. Now you know..

lexy2014:

how has this NIN thing and linking it phone lines benefitted Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by eanagor(m): 8:01pm On Feb 28
Finally... hope it's done once and for all
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by SalamRushdie: 8:01pm On Feb 28
Me I don't have NIN and I will never care

2 Likes

Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by Mubiola360: 8:05pm On Feb 28
Lalami3232:
People dey talk about survival, these clueless morons dey talk about sim registration.
Initially una talk say una go use this NIN take track down terrorist and kidnappers but we never see the result. Nigeria na the only country wey go get good initiative but the result of that initiative go be catastrophic.
What do I even know sef? Make I enlighten my fellow men before leaving this thread.

Oga if you no meet your wife as a virgin, oga go for DNA test oooooo because boreholes aka non-virgins can't be trusted
you are the fool here man. Everything should be working simultaneously, you don't have to pend one for one. This must be put into consideration for it help in data outsourcing and also help regarding security and policing of the citizens.
Learn!
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by SalamRushdie: 8:06pm On Feb 28
MasterTeeUSA:
You can PING numbers to locations...so if 10 people are kidnapped and you PING 12 people to the nearest tower...you can eliminate the victims by matching numbers used, and you can then identify the kidnappers...then track their prior calls to other numbers in order to arrest everyone involved. This is long overdue, and this is how some crimes are solved in sane countries. HOPE is here. It can also help with proceed of crimes...you can investigate financial crimes better if the numbers are linked to NIN. Now you know..

.🤡🤡🤡🤡
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by fitinwell: 8:07pm On Feb 28
Where is Betta Edu?
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by Omalicious1: 8:10pm On Feb 28
fergie001:

SOURCE

...start from the top
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by chiefolododo(m): 8:10pm On Feb 28
Nonsense...it is in Nigeria that sim card and nin can be linked...why can't we link our voters cards too? And vote electronically?

2 Likes

Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by CaptainFM1: 8:13pm On Feb 28
Mrchibobo:
Am I the only one finding it difficult to link my Airtel SIM?

Did you just buy it today?
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by Jostoman: 8:14pm On Feb 28
If them wan block make them block, some people went to where they are doing it they are giving people appointment to come back on 21st of march and you people want to block sim tomorrow.
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by israelmao(m): 8:17pm On Feb 28
mtn is somewhat crazy I linked my line to my NIN long ago but still asked me to resubmit,I resubmitted with the right NIN the message I got said it's incorrect.Glo should wake up so that it can compete favourably with mtn.

2 Likes

Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by Sharmeenator(m): 8:18pm On Feb 28
This country is hopeless. A lot of people have been trying so hard to get NIN, but failed due to the incessant network outages from NIMC end. I have attempted to correct an issue affecting my NIN for months now, each time I get to NIMC office or their accredited agents, i was told no network, yet they are threatening to block lines. Is it my fault that they can't get their systems to run smoothly without going iff for days? Should I start sleeping in their offices just to get the stupid NIN? I'm just so tired of this country and majority of the foolish citizens that are hell-bent to keep us down. Abeg make dem block the lines make we rest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by emerged01(m): 8:19pm On Feb 28
orikoku:
I doubt if it will work. People have ways of boycotting things like this.
Few people. Na normal thing
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by panpan(m): 8:22pm On Feb 28
The purpose of National Identification Number (NIN) linkage to sims is not to track terrorists and kidnappers, even though it can be used for that.

The purpose for the NIN linkage to sims is for control. The NIN issue was imposed by an international gruop for the purpose of control, with Nigeria being used as a test case.

Has the World Bank played a role in funding the NIN project?
Well, the World Bank has provided loans to the federal government for the NIN project.

1 Like

Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by malali: 8:23pm On Feb 28
VERY GOOD DECISION.
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by lexy2014: 8:24pm On Feb 28
MasterTeeUSA:

do you need NIN to ping numbers?

where are u getting the 12 people you are pinging?

so how many Nigerians have been rescued from kidnappers by pinging and with NIN?

so apart from this, what else?

how can NIN help with proceeds of crimes?

which crimes exactly?

3 Likes

Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by Abemy(m): 8:26pm On Feb 28
How about the court order, directing the FG, telecom companies, and NCC not to disconnect any sim, pending the determination of the appeal against the ruling of the lower court?

1 Like

Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by lexy2014: 8:28pm On Feb 28
Mubiola360:
you are the fool here man. Everything should be working simultaneously, you don't have to pend one for one. This must be put into consideration for it help in data outsourcing and also help regarding security and policing of the citizens.
Learn!

so which ones are working simultaneously?

what is the benefit of linking NIN to phone lines for the average Nigerian?

what is the benefit of data outsourcing to the average Nigerian?

which security challenges has NIN helped to resolve?

how is NIN needed to "police" the citizens?

2 Likes

Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by lexy2014: 8:29pm On Feb 28
malali:
VERY GOOD DECISION.

in what way?
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by lexy2014: 8:31pm On Feb 28
Segzy19:
Kidnappers and scammers won't like this....

in what way?
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by samijet: 8:34pm On Feb 28
lexy2014:

so which ones are working simultaneously?

what is the benefit of linking NIN to phone lines for the average Nigerian?

what is the benefit of data outsourcing to the average Nigerian?

which security challenges has NIN helped to resolve?

how is NIN needed to "police" the citizens?

Nobody is forcing you to link your NIN to your Sim card Is optional infact having sim card or NIN is not compulsory.
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by Godsonkemz(m): 8:34pm On Feb 28
85% of lines are going to be disconnected. Who losses if not the network providers.

This approach is like setting the whole house ablaze so as to kill a rat that may have escape through the hole.

2 Likes

Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by MasterTeeUSA: 8:35pm On Feb 28
You use your phone to download apps...you use the phone to effect transactions ---> you can track the SIM to the NIN and identify. If it is not linked, its no different than a dark web...you do not know who is behind what...and anyone can deny it wasn't him or her. How many people have been rescued? Do you expect the Govt to disclose that? What is wrong with us.

lexy2014:

so how many Nigerians have been rescued from kidnappers by pinging and with NIN?

which crimes exactly?
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by Cti28(m): 8:35pm On Feb 28
Competent fools.
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by lexy2014: 8:37pm On Feb 28
MasterTeeUSA:
You use your phone to download apps...you use the phone to effect transactions ---> you can track the SIM to the NIN and identify. If it is not linked, its no different than a dark web...you do not know who is behind what...and anyone can deny it wasn't him or her. How many people have been rescued? Do you expect the Govt to disclose that? What is wrong with us.

off point.

which crimes exactly?
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by farouk2much(m): 8:37pm On Feb 28
Oya nah...... We no dey fear una naw.... Do your worse....
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by lexy2014: 8:37pm On Feb 28
samijet:

Nobody is forcing you to link your NIN to your Sim card Is optional infact having sim card or NIN is not compulsory.

off point.

which crimes exactly?
Re: NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today by malali: 8:38pm On Feb 28
lexy2014:

in what way?

There is no country in the world where you can have a functional cell phone with no identity trace.
If you can text the president of Nigeria on your cell phone. The country deserves to know who you are and where you are.
Security 101.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

4 Reasons Why Nokia Will Beat Other Smartphone Companies In Nigeria This Year / Mtn-Nigeria’s Blackberry 10 Plans / Tecno Droipad 8 With Android 5.0 Lollipop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.