Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady (22255 Views)

24yr Old Virgin Reveals Why She Keeps Turning Down Suitors / "I Rejected Suitors": 123-Year-Old Virgin Searching For Perfect Man Seeks Love / Most Of My Suitors Are Ugly; Help Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady by jokotus: 8:04am On Mar 01
Sister, thank God for your life, i know its very challenging when facing resistance form parent not to marry someone you loved.
Kindly hold yourself from any form of sexual immorality, study your man very well before going to marriage, don't give him your body he may be a chameleon. Above all pray to God for direction.
Its a pity your mum want someone who is outside Nigeria to be your husband but let me tell you not everyman outside Nigeria or living abroad has what it take to be a good husband.
Some men are here in Nigeria doing great and financially, spiritually and morally doing well.
Finally, don't rush for any marriage now, take time to work and expand your horizon.
Re: My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady by royalfly(m): 8:06am On Mar 01
DyshApp:
A Nigerian lady has cried out online regarding her mother’s attitude of constantly rejecting her suitors, claiming that her husband is to come from a faraway country.

Sharing the plight she facing anonymously she revealed that she is always having dreams about her mother preventing her from getting married.

Her post read;

“Mommy’s in the house help my life o. I’ll be 24 years old in a few months. I noticed that anytime a suitor comes for my hand in marriage my mom would turn them down, saying a prophet told her my husband is not in Nigeria and that he’ll come from a faraway country. I didn’t take it seriously then cos I wasn’t ready, but now I’m ready, through with service I’m working and also a tailor. A man came for my hand in marriage my m said no o, that he’s not my husband that have I forgotten that my husband will come from a faraway place? Most times I see my mom in my dream telling me I will not marry. Pls help me o, what should I do? I really love this man o he loves me too, and for the past 2 years we’ve dated he’s been the best. Please, I need your advice o. My friends are telling me to do court even people that know my mom advised me to do court o. My dad no kúkú get say. What should I do? I’ll be I’m the comment section. Thank you [sic].”

Your father don't have say in a matter he should have the ultimate say. Ur mum is fetish and she is using juju, do you have an elder sister who divorced now? Prat o
Re: My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady by Quebec91(m): 8:10am On Mar 01
cheesy
FalseProphet1:
You have to believe the prophet and wait for your husband to come from the abroad and marry you. You're just 24 you're not even up to 30 yet why not wait for at least 10 years before complaining?

If you wait and he comes he will marry you and take you to the abroad and you'll enjoy there forever because there's dollars on the streets.

This I have seen.
Re: My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady by Quebec91(m): 8:11am On Mar 01
I tell you man

Greed of our african parent

I tell you her wanting the daughter to marry abroad is for her own selfish interest
matify83:
The mom has been hypnotized by some religious fraudster.

It will take serious engagements to release the mom from the delusion of that prophecy.

Most times , greed is at the bottom of some of these nonsense.
Re: My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady by AfDapone: 8:11am On Mar 01
Prophet wan cash out big.
Re: My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady by Quebec91(m): 8:14am On Mar 01
cheesy
dosage150:
Shaving stick is now ₦400
I will quietly boil water and do it chicken way

1 Like

Re: My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady by Stobenson: 8:16am On Mar 01
I just dey pity u
Your mother will ruin u
Take note of dis
She has donate u for promotion at her realm
D vow is , u must not married
My advice is go do only court wedding without her consent,
Let your father know about it

U will come back to give me kudos
From real experience
Re: My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady by gassbee: 8:27am On Mar 01
You say your dad no kuku get say , pls can u expalin wat dat insult mean
Re: My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady by Killermamba: 8:35am On Mar 01
DyshApp:
A Nigerian lady has cried out online regarding her mother’s attitude of constantly rejecting her suitors, claiming that her husband is to come from a faraway country.

Sharing the plight she facing anonymously she revealed that she is always having dreams about her mother preventing her from getting married.

Her post read;

“Mommy’s in the house help my life o. I’ll be 24 years old in a few months. I noticed that anytime a suitor comes for my hand in marriage my mom would turn them down, saying a prophet told her my husband is not in Nigeria and that he’ll come from a faraway country. I didn’t take it seriously then cos I wasn’t ready, but now I’m ready, through with service I’m working and also a tailor. A man came for my hand in marriage my m said no o, that he’s not my husband that have I forgotten that my husband will come from a faraway place? Most times I see my mom in my dream telling me I will not marry. Pls help me o, what should I do? I really love this man o he loves me too, and for the past 2 years we’ve dated he’s been the best. Please, I need your advice o. My friends are telling me to do court even people that know my mom advised me to do court o. My dad no kúkú get say. What should I do? I’ll be I’m the comment section. Thank you [sic].”
your mom watch too much Nollywood movies. She is suffering from Nollywood syndrome. Better marry who you want if she wan cry make she cry. If not one Benin boy from Ghana go come marry you.
Re: My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady by Pastev1(m): 8:36am On Mar 01
I WANT TO THANK YOU FIRST FOR THE COURAGE TO BRING IT HERE. PLS TAKE THIS VERY SERIOUS. GIVE YOURSELF 2 TO 3 MONTHS, TO BUILD YOUR SPIRITUAL LIFE BY GOING FOR 7 DAYS OF PRAYER/FASTING ASKING GOD TO BUILD/FILL YOU UP WITH HIS SPIRIT, IN THE SECOND MONTH GO FOR 3 DAYS OF FASTING/PRAYER ASKING GOD TO REVEAL EVERY ENEMY THAT FIGHT AGAIN YOUR GLORY AND FRUSTRATE THEIR WORKS/PLAN IN YOUR LIVE. THEN IN THE 3RD MONTH, GO FOR 3 DAYS AND 3 NIGHTS USE TWO TO PRAY FOR DIVINE SETTLEMENT WHILE ON THE LAST DAY & LAST NIGHT, GIVE THANKS AND PRAISE ONLY FOR PRAYER ANSER AND HIS GOOD THOUGHTS TOWARD YOU. JUST PRAISE AND DANCE. REMEMBER THE FASTING SHOULD BE WITHOUT YOUR STRENGTH. (MAYBE 6 - 10, OR 6 - 12). I ASSURE YOU THAT BEFORE THESE THREE MONTHS END YOUR REAL HUSBAND WILL COME, DO ME A FAVOUR TO STAY CLEAR FROM SEX AND TRY AND TAKE YOUR MIND OFF OF WHOEVER IS DATING YOU NOW OR WHO TOAST YOU. JUST KEEP YOUR MIND OFF TO ANY RELATIONSHIP... MAY MY GOD LORD MANIFEST HIS SELF TO YOU IN JESUS' NAME.
Re: My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady by spiceadole: 8:37am On Mar 01
I even thought she is up to 30.
The way young girls lament over this marriage thing sef.
Re: My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady by Rhozabeth(m): 8:54am On Mar 01
It's sad that religion has done us and is doing us more harm than good! It is also sad that your dad does not have a say and somehow I can relate to that.
However, my advice to that person is that your mum may be thinking that she is positioning you for the best but I can guarantee you that if you give in, it will not stop there. Even after marriage she will want to dictate how many time you should sleep with your husband and how often you should breastfeed your baby. I have seen all these things happen. Now the ball is in your court, you are no longer a teenager that is being micromanaged, you need to break loose from her hold on you and pls dont be confrontational, it will only worsen the situation. You see that your dad that you said does not have a say, i bet he has a better advice than what your friends will tell you, pls talk to him also. I wish you luck o!
Re: My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 8:59am On Mar 01
FalseProphet1:
You have to believe the prophet and wait for your husband to come from the abroad and marry you. You're just 24 you're not even up to 30 yet why not wait for at least 10 years before complaining?

If you wait and he comes he will marry you and take you to the abroad and you'll enjoy there forever because there's dollars on the streets.

This I have seen.

😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣
Re: My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 9:07am On Mar 01
Babangidapikin:
grin Just tell your suitor to go to Ghana and tell your mother he just came back to take you along ...

This is why I like nairaland! 😂🤣
Re: My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 9:17am On Mar 01
Just like the one I was supposed to get married to next month before everything cast.
I ended what we had together and cancelled the proposed(on coming) marriage plan(in my mind) the moment she started misbehaving and giving me cold attitude because one of her pastors told her that her future husband is(will be) a pastor.
Unknown to her I had the plan to work in God's vineyard later on in my life, I have not started it because I needed to be totally financially free(which I am on course to achieve soon) so as to focus more on salvation instead of prosperity that most pastors out there used to hold their members. 😂😂😂

Marriage no be child's play o.

PS: I am not against anything spirituality but I always avoid people who don't have thinking/reasoning of their own outside what their pastor/G.O tells them.
Re: My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady by theamazonguru(m): 9:51am On Mar 01
DyshApp:

Her post read;

If you know what is good for you.
Call the entire family on your mum and tell her /them your mind.

Don't you allow her cage you.

Don't allow one prophecy that make take 40 years to come to pass to tie you down.

I know of a guy when we were still simgle, we were in the same church.
Na so pastor Invite one prophet that time, it was actually a special program.
I'm the course of the program, na so prophet called out this guy, say he saw him travelling out soon.
15 years later, the soon is yet to arrive.

Meanwhile, there was a lady that was doing shakara for this guy before. But as soon as the prophecy was given, the babe accepted sharp sharp, they got married in less than 2 years with the expectation of travelling with the guy soon.

We are still waiting for the travelling out to happen.

Be wise.
Re: My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady by Crowntop94: 9:51am On Mar 01
DyshApp:

Her post read; Madam go and marry the person you love and ignore you mom, she doesn't want u to marry.

Re: My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady by theamazonguru(m): 9:56am On Mar 01
nurudeen181:
she said her dad has no say and no one is talking about that one...

You already talked about it now.
You that talked about it, you no be person ni..

What should we do about it.
Every family get their own wahala.

Na don gba kamu..
His cross., he is already carrying it..
You wat to help him carry it ni ?.

Baba leave how they run their family.

Let's deal with the most important matter at hand.
Re: My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady by Princezibk: 10:18am On Mar 01
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.
You need oraimo chord to reset your brain 🧠
Re: My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady by Princezibk: 10:25am On Mar 01
My sister run oo ,,, your mom want to waste your time and you’ll regret it forever if you don’t marry that your present suitor … Same happened to an area aunt , her mom is always chasing suitors away when she was young . Now she 40 , she no see Suit not to talk of Suitors again.

She’s hovering from one church to the mountains and every spiritual places she hear off . She’s damn beautiful and brainy but her mama don destroy her destiny….

I have seen many instances that the mom is possessed, and has submitted the kids in their evil 👿 kingdom, so the vow will never make her children prosper in her life time . You better marry that man now or else you go cry oo but I wish you the best

1 Like

Re: My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady by linearity: 10:42am On Mar 01
I don’t know why you think that your Dad has no say or why are you not involving him?

Yes, it is important you get the consent of both parents, but if both parent are not in agreement, you have fulfilled your part if you go with your father’s inclination if they align with yours.

I say father because, it is truly the father that is recognized both traditionally and in Church wedding to give their daughters out in marriage, mothers play a more background role that can be substituted.

Your traditional wedding, bride price, etc would be done according to the tradition and custom of where your father comes from. I have seen traditional weddings where the mother side refused to show up despite them having a role to play….in one occasion that I witnessed, the people from the town marriage committee asked the father to nominate a lady there to play the role of the mother and he did that and the show continues…

If she dragged this and refuses to go along, your father can even nominate someone to represent your mother before the D-day, that person would collect her gift, play their role and take the gift to them at home the occasion, it is up to her what she does with them.

During your Church wedding, it is your father that would walk you down the aisle and not your mother. When the Priest or Pastor publicly announce in Church that…..who gave this lady out for marriage (as some Churches do), it is your father that would respond.

So in marriage from Africa stand point, it is the father or the person playing the role of the father that is most important if we truly come to it….hence I was wondering where your father is in this whole picture when he have an oversize role to play.
Re: My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady by Reality2023: 12:02pm On Mar 01
Sorry for you o. That's what happens when you live your life by what the prophet says. I just pray you don't regret if.
Re: My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady by dosage150(m): 1:43pm On Mar 01
Harddiskng:

This activity is fully endorsed by all of us in the Nigerian Association of Wickedness
Very wicked man cheesy
Re: My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady by dosage150(m): 1:45pm On Mar 01
Adammamon:
When done please snap me secretly I want to check something. Smh shocked

Lol,my wife no gree, she had to give me money for it
You try from your side let me see, hahaha
Re: My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady by Donkonyon: 2:35pm On Mar 01
You should be very careful with your mother, and seek the face of God yourself, whatever your mind or instinct tells you., then you obey it. lipsrsealed
Re: My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady by chukwudiology(m): 4:35pm On Mar 01
Babangidapikin:
grin Just tell your suitor to go to Ghana and tell your mother he just came back to take you along ...

Lolz interesting
Re: My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady by Babs2424(m): 6:35pm On Mar 01
nurudeen181:
she said her dad has no say and no one is talking about that one...
they have remove that from the script
Re: My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady by Nelgenius4me(m): 9:31pm On Mar 01
Your mother is the weapon fashioned against you.
Re: My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady by frozen70(f): 4:49am On Mar 02
DyshApp:

Her post read;

Just go to her father's family let them talk to her before you loose someone dear to you and such may affect your entire life

Dont use force on her because you don't know much about your mum other life

Something your dad is keeping mute on and just be watching like a sheep
Re: My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady by bluefilm: 6:04am On Mar 02
End time witchcraft
Re: My Mother Keeps Rejecting All My Suitors Because A Prophet Said So - Naija Lady by Moscoprof(m): 8:55am On Mar 04
when next man come for ur hand in marriage.. tell am to lie say e come from Canada or USA.. simple

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are Some Nigerian Guys So Misogynistic? / Silly Things Guys Do / Relationship Status = Complicated! What Does It Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.